Origin 50% off Storewide Spring Sale - Ends 3/19

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#91 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:52 AM

BF3 is tempting since I'm an idiot and didn't act fast enough on the "buy ME3 get BF3 free" deal. Think I'm still going to hold off though, having to pay an extra 8 bucks for the Karkand pack sours me on it a little since I already got it free on the 360 version. Really want BF3 PC but I can wait.
Posted Image

#92 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:56 AM

WOW ok imma rant on origin, but I just ordered Alice:MR on PS3 for $18.37 after tax and shipping, so there's that.....but seriously, I'm never ordering any downloadable title through Origin, if they can't even design a site less frustrating then this, their online portals and the way they handle DRM must by nightmarish. Navigating that site through me into fits of nostalgia, like early store fronts in the 90's nostalgia. I went through their entire catalog....10 games at a time. When is the "next page" button far more complicated than having to open a menu to select every 10 item set through hundred+ titles, forgetting for the moment that your forced to browse 10 at a time. And then I couldn't open my shopping cart cause it decided to disappear when I clicked on it. At this point I feel like I got the game at a discount for the trouble of trying to buy it in the first place. Never buying anything from EA/Origin again unless I'm absolutely sure there's no DRM BS to activate. When EA/Origin goes down and everyone who bought the downloadable versions (like Alice is at amazon right now for $9, but requires Steam AND an EA activation) I'll be hugging my psychical disk.

and when I try the "this page" link in customer service as referenced above, it says I have no orders, even though I got my email receipt and my PayPal account was charged as (DigitalRiver Inc). Whatever, I'll just consider it a purchase from some no name site where I don't expect better. Steam's got no worries, that's for sure.

I mean seriously EA, the order history is suffering from a "link outage", WTH happened, the intern who designed the page can't be reached cause he's on vacation, and none else there know's how to fix a hyperlink in an html?!? So the best decision you can make is to take all of it down?? really? and that forum post saying it it suffering a technical issue was posted 7/7/2011, and it's STILL down!?! and I'm supposed to trust that all my personal info is safe.....with you.....on the same servers....when you can't fix a technical glitch on the order history page in 8 months!?

OMG, I jut got an email order confirmation, but they actually tell you how to look up step by step your order history by going through the customer service link, and saying the post should be at the top of the page (which it isn't). How brainless it that, so they have to keep editing the email as the forum fills up...ok now it's the 10th one down..no wait it's 12, now it's...guys we should just fix the link. Shhhhh, you know we don't know how!

I'm gonna die of laughter at this rate.

Edited by walkonshadows, 14 March 2012 - 07:32 AM.

#93 NeedMoreMoney

NeedMoreMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

Did anyone try a birthday code with their order and see if they can get another 50% off?

#94 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

No, not really. If one thing Origin is very behind the curve on, it's a User-Friendly interface to check order status', shipping/delivery confirmation, et. al. It's amazing how complicated it can be to figure it out (how to do ANY of the aforementioned); with patience, I was able to get it down and "Bookmarked" the page where I can check things of this nature.

On a side note, some of the Deals/Prices on this Sale are incredible. I am impressed.

Thanks. After all the issues other had I should have figured it was just their crappy site.

The old EA store seemed to work much better IMO.

#95 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

WOW ok imma rant on origin, but I just ordered Alice:MR on PS3 for $18.37 after tax and shipping, so there's that.....but seriously, I'm never ordering any downloadable title through Origin, if they can't even design a site less frustrating then this, their online portals and the way they handle DRM must by nightmarish. Navigating that site through me into fits of nostalgia, like early store fronts in the 90's nostalgia. I went through their entire catalog....10 games at a time. When is the "next page" button far more complicated than having to open a menu to select every 10 item set through hundred+

Yes... it's pretty bad. And the last 2 Orgin games I have tried have been buggy as he//. Battlefield on the 360 was a server not available wreck and the Simpsons Ipad game keeps crashing.

#96 morbidsin

morbidsin

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

Did anyone try a birthday code with their order and see if they can get another 50% off?

Tried with my b-day code, it was for another 25% off - shows that it stacked.
Thanks for the tip, almost forgot about it. What to get. lol.

#97 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

Any chance for a sale on bioware points sometime?

From what I remember, those have only gone on sale 1 time since 2007, that last 50% off everything sale from last fall. They're not in this sale though.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#98 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

Thanks, picked up Dragon Age 2 for ~$13. I've heard people say how it's much worse than the original, but everything I've heard them say it's worse for has not bothered me one bit. From what I played of the demo, the combat is slightly better (though I could barely stand the combat of the first), so there's at least that. I was going to wait for an ultimate edition, but I doubt the dlc is good for anything. If I like the game I'll be happy to buy some good dlc if there is any.

The 2 DLC's for that game (Legacy and Mark of the Assassin) are better than 1/2 to 2/3 of the main quests in DA 2. There likely won't be an Ultimate Edition of DA 2 as the game floundered in sales after the first month and since MoftA came out in October it's been dead quiet on the DA front.

If those DLC's are part of the sale, buy them and you'll thank me later, they are awesome.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#99 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

The 2 DLC's for that game (Legacy and Mark of the Assassin) are better than 1/2 to 2/3 of the main quests in DA 2. There likely won't be an Ultimate Edition of DA 2 as the game floundered in sales after the first month and since MoftA came out in October it's been dead quiet on the DA front.

If those DLC's are part of the sale, buy them and you'll thank me later, they are awesome.

They aren't on Origin, you have to buy them with that Bioware points shenanigans, hence why someone asked about the Bioware points being on sale.

If EA had done them as a regular retail release on Origin and elsewhere then the game would still be on Steam, but they went with the only get through them and jump through the Bioware points hoops and that's why Steam yanked it.

#100 Beorach

Beorach

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

If only Amalur was part of the sale, I'd buy that plus one other game.

I feel the same. I'm irked by the "storewide" bit because of this alone. It's not like KoA is brand new either...

#101 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

Does anyone have an opinion on Skate 3? I don't have any sports games like this one and am looking for something different to play. SSX looks fun but I don't want to pay that much unless it is over the top compared to S3.

#102 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

Does anyone have an opinion on Skate 3? I don't have any sports games like this one and am looking for something different to play. SSX looks fun but I don't want to pay that much unless it is over the top compared to S3.

Skate 3 is much more grounded in realism than SSX is.

#103 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

Skate 3 is much more grounded in realism than SSX is.

So no flinging myself off of skyscrapers and such? That might be a deal breaker. :lol:

Thanks for the input.

#104 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

anyones orders started to ship? I placed my order at the begginning of the sale which I think was Monday... and it is still processing

#105 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

If only Amalur was part of the sale, I'd buy that plus one other game.

... It is.

In Mexico.

I would try to buy something but I'm not sure if they'll accept my US credit card...

foxhack.jpg

#106 Rango

Rango

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

just bought Shadows of the damned (PS3)

wooooo!

#107 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:01 PM

anyones orders started to ship? I placed my order at the begginning of the sale which I think was Monday... and it is still processing

Same here (still processing), but I've ordered from Origin before, and they always seem to take a while to ship.

#108 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

Same here (still processing), but I've ordered from Origin before, and they always seem to take a while to ship.

Do they usually ship items separate?

I ordered 2 games and received shipping notice for only one of them.

#109 brandtron8000

brandtron8000

Devilution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:18 AM

Ordered Alice, Dead Space 2 and Shadows of the Damned on Monday and got the shipping notice about an hour ago that they all shipped with the same tracking number.

#110 Ninersfan4926

Ninersfan4926

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:27 AM

Hmm well OK. In DA: O, the dlc was trash for the most part, with some exceptions that were merely average. I still have pretty high expectations for this game even with all the hate. BioWare hasn't done me wrong once so far (in SW: KoTOR, JE, ME1, ME2, DA: O, and probably ME3 but haven't finished it yet), so until they do I will give them the benefit of the doubt.
Posted Image

#111 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:05 AM

I have ordered many times before and received the items before I even received shipping confirmation. Usually 2 day shipping and in separate boxes. I once ordered 5 of the same game - 5 different orders since it was 1 per order and received them on the same day in 5 separate boxes. Every time I got free shipping, even though it was supposed to be value, it came 2 day shipping within 5 business days of ordering.

#112 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:18 AM

Ordered Alice, Dead Space 2 and Shadows of the Damned on Monday and got the shipping notice about an hour ago that they all shipped with the same tracking number.

I ordered the exact same items and also received my shipping confirmation today.

#113 birus

birus

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:51 AM

I have ordered many times before and received the items before I even received shipping confirmation. Usually 2 day shipping and in separate boxes. I once ordered 5 of the same game - 5 different orders since it was 1 per order and received them on the same day in 5 separate boxes. Every time I got free shipping, even though it was supposed to be value, it came 2 day shipping within 5 business days of ordering.

are the boxes big? if I order 5 games in 1 order will it still come in 5 boxes? Thanks

#114 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:02 AM

Do they usually ship items separate?

I ordered 2 games and received shipping notice for only one of them.

It looks like others have reported receiving items separately, though the orders I have placed generally came in a single larger box (they have been for 4 or more games). Unlike the other poster above, I always get the shipping notice before I actually receive the items.

Edited by bruceg, 15 March 2012 - 06:16 AM.

#115 birus

birus

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

It looks like others have reported receiving items separately, though the orders I have placed generally came in a single larger box (they have been for 4 or more games). Unlike the other poster above, I always get the shipping notice before I actually receive the items.

thanks for the info.

Does copies of dead space 2 still includes dead space extraction? also is DLC cerberus for ME2 still usable even though it expired on Jan 2012? Thanks.

#116 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

thanks for the info.

Does copies of dead space 2 still includes dead space extraction? also is DLC cerberus for ME2 still usable even though it expired on Jan 2012? Thanks.

I thought only the LE version of Dead Space 2 PS3 had Extraction, but maybe all PS3 copies do now?

ME2 PS3 Cerberus Network DLC code was still good as of last week.

#117 birus

birus

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:26 AM

I thought only the LE version of Dead Space 2 PS3 had Extraction, but maybe all PS3 copies do now?

ME2 PS3 Cerberus Network DLC code was still good as of last week.

This person in Amazon said that all ps3 copies comes with Extraction. http://www.amazon.co...asin=B00309XHD0 . Not sure if this is true. Also Newegg only has limited edition copies for ps3, no regular version. Probably gonna pick up ME2 since DLC is still working. Thank you.

#118 morbidsin

morbidsin

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

Just noticed amazon's BF3 pc download is at $29.99. Just fyi for those who have amazon credit or want to buy it from amazon instead of origins.

#119 Barkwhip

Barkwhip

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

According to the two customer service reps I talked to, they don't give the 25% off birthday codes anymore. I'm not sure if I should believe.

#120 NeedMoreMoney

NeedMoreMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure either, but last page or 2 ago, one person said they had one, and it sounded like it stacked like it always used to.