Origin 50% off Storewide Spring Sale - Ends 3/19

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#121 Jommy

Jommy

Cool Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

According to the two customer service reps I talked to, they don't give the 25% off birthday codes anymore. I'm not sure if I should believe.

I just got one last month on February 20.

#122 NeedMoreMoney

NeedMoreMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

Yep, they apparently still give out birthday codes to certain people, so don't know why Origin would tell people that.

#123 Bobo84

Bobo84

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:44 AM

Just ordered Alice, Shadows of the Damned and Army of Two for the PS3. Thanks for the heads up OP!

thegreatbobowski.png

#124 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:56 AM

What a terrible site.

I'm happy that they're selling me four good-to-great games for like $55 but heaven forbid I want to find out why one of the four hasn't shipped yet.

Protip - Look at the features that other retail sites include on their websites and model your own after them.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#125 goatoms15

goatoms15

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:26 AM

I thought only the LE version of Dead Space 2 PS3 had Extraction, but maybe all PS3 copies do now?

ME2 PS3 Cerberus Network DLC code was still good as of last week.

If I'm not mistaken all ps3 copies are limited edition. There are no "standard" editions for ps3.

#126 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:04 AM

i'm not sure if this is ymvv or not, but i found the $20 ea game cards at gamestop for $15 today. not all of them carry it though so it may be clearanced?

#127 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:19 AM

i'm not sure if this is ymvv or not, but i found the $20 ea game cards at gamestop for $15 today. not all of them carry it though so it may be clearanced?

Oh, shoot, I'll have to check that out. Using credit + 25% discount will make me pull triggers on SO MANY THINGS.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#128 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:29 AM

I snagged Fifa 2010 for PC.

#129 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:10 AM

What a terrible site.

I'm happy that they're selling me four good-to-great games for like $55 but heaven forbid I want to find out why one of the four hasn't shipped yet.

Protip - Look at the features that other retail sites include on their websites and model your own after them.

Only 1 of the two games I ordered has shipped - or at least that's what their e-mail with a tracking number in a format I have never seen before says (of course the e-mail fails to mention how my order is being shipped).

#130 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:47 AM

My order shipped with what im assuming is mail innovation tracking numbers because of the mi on the front of them....
Posted Image
Posted Image

#131 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:57 AM

Hmm. UPS for mine.

#132 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

Hmm. UPS for mine.

Same. The 3 of 4 package that I'm getting starts with a 1Z which is standard for most if not all UPS shipping. The last one (ME2 on 360) is a mystery at the moment. Oh well, I gripe now but once everything's here, it will have been well worth the minor headache. First world problems and all that.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#133 captpluto9465

captpluto9465

CAGalicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

Is BF3 worth it on the PS3 at that price? I'm looking to get a decent FPS, but all I hear is complaining about the input lag. I'd prefer to get it on the PS3 because I'm not playing much XBL these days.

#134 Denogginizer

Denogginizer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

Is BF3 worth it on the PS3 at that price? I'm looking to get a decent FPS, but all I hear is complaining about the input lag. I'd prefer to get it on the PS3 because I'm not playing much XBL these days.

Yes. I have played it since day one and have yet to tire of it.

#135 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

I don't want to start a flamewar but IMO get it on the PC or don't bother.

I had it on Xbox 360 and it is unbelievable how much more beautiful this game is on the PC. On the 360 it was unremarkable and I bet the PS3 is the same.

#136 haddes911

haddes911

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

Does anyone know if I could get Gotham City Impostors and activate it on Steam instead of Origin?

#137 Darthstryk3R

Darthstryk3R

Sith Happens!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

Does anyone know if I could get Gotham City Impostors and activate it on Steam instead of Origin?

No sadly u cant

#138 Darthstryk3R

Darthstryk3R

Sith Happens!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

I'm on the fence with bf3. I'm no fanboy but have enjoyed cod for years. Never was one of those people where one rules the other sucks. That being said worth it? I don't have any origin buddies.

#139 haddes911

haddes911

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

No sadly u cant

Thanks, guess I'll wait for it to be on steam then.

#140 Darthstryk3R

Darthstryk3R

Sith Happens!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

Thanks, guess I'll wait for it to be on steam then.

I have steam ocd too. But I convinced myself cheap is cheap lol

#141 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

The site isnt very intuitive for current orders. You have to enter ”profile” after the .com/ part of the URL which allows you to log in and check order history.

#142 haddes911

haddes911

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

lol, I dunno. It'd be the only game I'd have on origin and I don't play enough EA Games to open an account for it. That and most of the time games go on sale on one site, they end up being on sale on another.

#143 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

I used to not understand people that were steam or bust... until Direct2Drive was sold to Gamefly. I purchased 30 games from D2D from 2007-2011 and other than the ones I have moved to steam or origin (about 10 of them) I cannot play my games now and have not been able to for over a month now. I cannot DL them from gamefly. When I try to get my activation codes it tells me "this game is not tied to this account" and so forth.

What a joke man. This has always been my biggest fear of buying digital content. Now I am living it.

So, I am pretty much amazon, origin or steam now. Those three companies are huge and it is unlikely they will ever go anywhere.

#144 minusthemike

minusthemike

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

First time ordering from Origin, and my god are they slow to ship. Ordered ME2, Dante's Inferno, Shift 2, and Skate 3 for PS3. One order, two separate shipments, (for whatever reason) both UPS 2nd day air.

Took them almost 3 days to process my shipment. I'm just happy I didn't pay for shipping. Not to bitch too much, this was a pretty awesome deal after all. I was just hoping to play these games this weekend.

BTW, first post. Long time lurker, hello CAG!

#145 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:55 AM

i have my me3 360 and orange box 360 in my cart..i go to check out and get a window that says i can get arkham city steam version for 10 bucks since im getting me3. anyone else get this?
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#146 Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:32 AM

i have my me3 360 and orange box 360 in my cart..i go to check out and get a window that says i can get arkham city steam version for 10 bucks since im getting me3. anyone else get this?

I'm getting the same thing here. Just because of this, I'd jump on the deal, but I wasn't planning on buying Mass Effect 3, and I find it stupid that they're listing the price of Arkham City at $49.99 when they discount it to $10. It makes you think you're saving $40 rather than $15.

#147 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:43 AM

So, has anyone had any luck getting a birthday coupon this week and/or stacking it with the sale?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#148 Flesseck

Flesseck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:04 AM

Anyone have extra bday codes they don't want? I never received one this year, but I'm trying to reach out to EA.

#149 NeedMoreMoney

NeedMoreMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

Will pay $15 through Paypal for a birthday code from EA, just let me know. They do stack with the sale, but they are apparently given out sparingly.

#150 sickman

sickman

Bringer of Light

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

Will pay $15 through Paypal for a birthday code from EA, just let me know. They do stack with the sale, but they are apparently given out sparingly.

http://www.overclock...on-guide-25-off

I followed this handy little guide and just got a code today. I made my bday two days away to be safe. If they're being selective, sorry. If you make a new account today, you will still have time to get a code before this sale runs out. Just got Shadows of the Damned, been waiting forever for a drop. Thanks op!