• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#151 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

http://www.overclock...on-guide-25-off

I followed this handy little guide and just got a code today. I made my bday two days away to be safe. If they're being selective, sorry. If you make a new account today, you will still have time to get a code before this sale runs out. Just got Shadows of the Damned, been waiting forever for a drop. Thanks op!

I think they are. I didn't get a code, so I pulled the trigger without it. Glad to hear it came through for you, though!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#152 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

Its my bday today and no coupon here :(

#153 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Just got my shipping notice.

I've never had origin ship me anything but 2nd day air no matter what method I choose.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#154 mikey1123

mikey1123

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

Does the ps3 version of mass effect 2 come with the bonus DLC? The covers doesn't say so i was wondering.

#155 Barkwhip

Barkwhip

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

Does the ps3 version of mass effect 2 come with the bonus DLC? The covers doesn't say so i was wondering.

It does

Kasumi: Stolen Memories, Overlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker

#156 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:25 AM

Will Batman bought through Origin work in Steam?

#157 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:14 AM

Will Batman bought through Origin work in Steam?

onlyway to get steam batman is thru nvidia video card

#158 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:16 AM

gah tax put me over my $80 and its not letting me use a credit card to cover the difference.such a headache.

Edited by technicalstylez, 18 March 2012 - 04:31 AM.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#159 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:16 AM

Question:

Does the sale end Sunday evening or does it go through Monday into Monday evening?

#160 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:24 AM

gah tax put me over my $80 and its not letting me use a credit card to cover the difference.such a headache.

Exact same thing happened to me, glad I'm not alone.

#161 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:32 AM

ea outsourced chat cs is wayyyyy worse than amazon's. terrible.

Exact same thing happened to me, glad I'm not alone.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#162 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

ea outsourced chat cs is wayyyyy worse than amazon's. terrible.

If you contact them during the day (between 10 AM and 4 PM EST) you will get an American that will actually help you. If you contact support after those hours on Origin you will get someone from overseas and they are useless as hell. I almost pulled my hair out dealing with them. I pre-purchased BF3 and all BF3 pre-purchases came with the first DLC for free. Well, when the Karkand DLC hit, it didn't activate on Origin.

I contacted support 3 times and got the outsourced techies and they never could understand my problem. They would make me repeat it a dozen times and then go "sorry sir, we do not carry that game so you cannot get it on Origin. That is why you do not have it." LOL!

I contacted their support one time during the mid-day and got a tech guy named Tim. I told him the problem and he said "shoot yeah, you clearly ordered a week before the game launched."

Not only did he give me Karkand within 2 minutes but he gave me 2 30% off Origin codes for my trouble after I told him how awful their support had been.

#163 Montymonster

Montymonster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

Question:

Does the sale end Sunday evening or does it go through Monday into Monday evening?

I'm pretty sure it goes through until Monday evening.

#164 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:39 AM

Converted some GS credit to 2x $20 EA Cash cards, and had no problem paying the difference ($6.xx) with my credit card.

#165 gacktplays

gacktplays

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:13 AM

I had problems using the EA game card with a credit card the whole day.
But I just got it to work after trying so many different methods, here's how I think it'll work for everybody.

I had 3 games I wanted and it came out to be a little bit more than $40 after tax, and only had $40 from the EA game cards.
I've added PC games to top it a little bit over $40 and it didn't work, but just now I added another $15 physical game to push it well over $40 and at the confirmation page it actually showed EA Credit and Credit Card amounts, so I went back to edit my order and erased my last item on the list (the one I didn't want in the first place) and it actually showed EA Credit and Credit Card amounts this time (even though it only showed EA Credit only and kept looping back to asking for my Credit Card Number with the same 3 games I've been trying the whole day)

So add the initial games you want, and then try to add different games that brings the total way above your EA Credit and see if the Credit Card Amount shows up at the Check Out Confirm page along side w/ the EA Credit amount. Be sure to go back and edit your cart after you see this and delete the games you don't want, go to final page again to see if the site charges your Credit Card, and hit confirm if it does.

Hope this method works for everybody else so people don't have to be cheated by this crappy online store. Never ever shopping at the EA store again. Origin SUCKS!!

PS: also if you buy over $39.99 w/ free shipping, be sure to choose 3-4 days shipping because it's also free, instead of the default 5-7 days.

#166 GDark

GDark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:29 AM

Oh crap, I think I chose the default 5-7 days. Wish I knew earlier. :(

#167 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

Well, even though it's the last day of the sale I figured I'd tell those of you interested in getting Alice: Madness Returns for the PS3, that the code that allows you to download the original Alice is still good. I just used mine. There is no expiration date on the card itself. It's a 1 gig download that normally cost $10 on PS Store. Just a heads up for those wondering about the code. I just received my shipment from the 50% sale and it's stamped with green stickers on all sides of the box saying "Time Sensitive Product". Any ideas what that's about? It was shipped with big air bubbles for packing material, and it was folded plastic, so it's a factory sealed product, not a rewrap.

#168 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

Thanks OP, picked up BF3 with Karkland pack with the EA cash card from GS.
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#169 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

Holy crap, the mystery of the phantom ME2 continues. I'm slated to receive Alice, NFS Shift 2, and Dead Space 2 today but not a peep has come out about what's up with the 360 ME2 I ordered the same day. I don't think I'm going to bother calling/chatting with them until later this week but really; what the hell?

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#170 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

Just ordered Alice, Shadows of the Damned and Army of Two for the PS3. Thanks for the heads up OP!

Am i just going crazy or is Alice no longer on sale for $15? I only see it come up as $30.

#171 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

Am i just going crazy or is Alice no longer on sale for $15? I only see it come up as $30.

Looks like they already ended the sale.

#172 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

What? It's showing as still active to me...and that includes Alice

To anyone having problems with their gift card/credit card split, we seem to have resolved it in the EA card thread: http://www.cheapassg...t=317559&page=6
Posted ImagePosted Image

#173 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

What? It's showing as still active to me...and that includes Alice

To anyone having problems with their gift card/credit card split, we seem to have resolved it in the EA card thread: http://www.cheapassg...t=317559&page=6

But Alice shows at MSRP in my cart?

#174 captpluto9465

captpluto9465

CAGalicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

I just bought BF3 on sale, so it's still going...

#175 Orionsaga

Orionsaga

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:30 AM

was able to pick up BF3, Fight Night Champ, Shadows, and ME2 using ea cards from Gamestop store credit that I earned trading in Best Buy @Gamer deals.

Cheap Ass Gamer: The Gift that keeps on Giving

#176 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:15 AM

I just received my shipment from the 50% sale and it's stamped with green stickers on all sides of the box saying "Time Sensitive Product". Any ideas what that's about? It was shipped with big air bubbles for packing material, and it was folded plastic, so it's a factory sealed product, not a rewrap.

That "time sensitive product" is just the normal box they have been using for years. Supposed to make us think they rushed it, but it's nothing special.

fyi for anyone that cares, the xbox Shift 2 they sent me was the "limited edition".
Their site also says "get 2 dlc packs" now but I didn't get anything. Maybe that is for after this sale ends.

#177 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:29 AM

Why does every single game (at least PS3) that Origin sends out have an identical cut/scratch in the back of the game case?

#178 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:35 AM

Why does every single game (at least PS3) that Origin sends out have an identical cut/scratch in the back of the game case?

My Dante had a scratch on the front of the case, but SOTD and Alice were both fine. Maybe just bad luck?

#179 Barkwhip

Barkwhip

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:42 AM

I've got a spare 25% off code to give away if anyone would like to have it.

Code has been given away

Edited by Barkwhip, 20 March 2012 - 06:22 AM.

#180 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:51 AM

I've got a spare 25% off code to give away if anyone would like to have it.

PM me

Bastard (J/K) could have saved me $$$$$ about a half hour ago.

Hopefully someone will get used out of it before the sale officially ends here which will be soon