CAG March Madness Discussion thread

[quote name='dmaul1114']I started a CAG bracket pool for anyone interested in entering. I posted the info in the College Hoops thread, but figured I'd put it in it's own thread as well to get more people to enter.

Here's the link and password:

http://cagbracket2012.mayhem.cbssports.com/e

Group password is "cheapassgamer"[/QUOTE]

OP, the traditional CAG March Madness is here http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317164

(what a pain in the arse to find it)

I'm still going to sign up for this one as well though, so thanks for putting this together.

EDIT: all signed up!

Last edited by a moderator:
I only found the Tanuki's thread from him posting in the OTT.

With that being said, not sure if I'll do more than one bracket or not, but if nothing else, it would be easier to use this as a general march madness thread. Plenty of shaq-fus to go around I'm sure as well. (Especially if Syracuse wins it all).

Good idea. Edited the thread name. Doubt it will get much buzz anyway as the college basketball thread was pretty dead this year with just me and Chitown021 posting most of the time.

Anyway, here's some important tourney related news I just posted in that thread...

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...e-orange-announce-fab-melo-ineligible-tourney

Syracuse's Fab Melo is ineligible for the NCAA tourney. Huge loss as they struggled a bit without him (still won, but not nearly as dominate). I had them in the final four, but will have to reevaluate that pick now. I think there bracket is pretty weak though--but maybe OSU or FSU can knock them off in the elite 8 without Melo in the middle.

[quote name='dmaul1114']
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...e-orange-announce-fab-melo-ineligible-tourney

Syracuse's Fab Melo is ineligible for the NCAA tourney. Huge loss as they struggled a bit without him (still won, but not nearly as dominate). I had them in the final four, but will have to reevaluate that pick now. I think there bracket is pretty weak though--but maybe OSU or FSU can knock them off in the elite 8 without Melo in the middle.[/QUOTE]
Son of a bitch, Syracuse is already a terrible rebounding team with Melo, they were even worse when he was out those 3 games earlier this year.

Cuse centers are cursed when it comes to being the number one seed in the Tourney. Onuaku was injured back in 2010 right before the tournament started and Syracuse lost to Butler in the Sweet 16. I expect Vandy to handle them at this point if they both make it that far. Vandy has good perimeter shooting and Syracuse will not handle the boards with Melo out.

Edit: Most analysts consider the East bracket a tough, if not the toughest, draw in the whole tournament.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Good God, did anyone see Western Kentucky come back and win against Mississippi Valley State?[/QUOTE]
That was one of the worst played games I've witnessed. By both teams.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Anyway, here's some important tourney related news I just posted in that thread...

Syracuse's Fab Melo is ineligible for the NCAA tourney. Huge loss as they struggled a bit without him (still won, but not nearly as dominate). I had them in the final four, but will have to reevaluate that pick now. I think there bracket is pretty weak though--but maybe OSU or FSU can knock them off in the elite 8 without Melo in the middle.[/QUOTE]

I saw that at work. Makes me like my Syracuse pick even more. And by pick, I mean I have Kansas State knocking them off.

I joined up. Can never have too many brackets entered across all these sports sites! ;)

edit: ID in the bracket is the same ID I have here.

Syracuse survives 72-65.

Got some help from the refs late with a bad call on a lane violation and an out of bounds deflection.

[quote name='Beatofficer']Probably the worst officiating in a game I've seen since the Kings-Lakers series in 2002.[/QUOTE]

Just watched the replays, and good god. How much can you favor a team? That out of bounds deflection was one of the most blatantly blown calls I may have ever seen. I truly do feel bad for UNCA.

VCU knocks off Wichita State. Another of my sweet 16 goes down.

Had WVU losing to OSU in the next round, so at least my Alma Mater's turd of an effort doesn't hurt my bracket much.

[quote name='dmaul1114']VCU knocks off Wichita State. Another of my sweet 16 goes down.
[/QUOTE]

Yea, I had Wichita State in the sweet 16 as well. So far its the only loss I have on my bracket on espn.

Well, UConn is getting crushed right now so there will be my second loss, but I had them losing to Kentucky anyways.

Went 11-5 yesterday. Lost two sweet 16 teams in my bracket (Long Beach State and Wichita State), the other three (UCONN, WVU, UNLV) I had going out in the next round.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Well my bracket is busted as I had Missouri in the final four.....[/QUOTE]

I doubt anyone had Norfolk St winning.

[quote name='keithp']I doubt anyone had Norfolk St winning.[/QUOTE]
One guy in the group I did my bracket in chose that win. I was shocked to see that.

I still have one region intact, but holy hell my bracket is shot. Then again, I'm sure a lot of people's are.

This is probably the worst bracket I've had. Went 20-12 on the first round. Lost one final four (Missouri), two more elite 8 in addition to them (Memphis, Michigan), and three more sweet 16 in addition to those (Wichita State, Duke, Long Beach State).

Only the East region is still solid in my bracket, only missed WVU there so far. Straight chalk in that region as the higher seed won all 8 games so far.

FSU just buttfucked the shit out of that game. That sequence where they inbounded the ball and then just stood there passing it back and forth crosscourt until the Cincy player stole it was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

bread's done
Back