Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#3031 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:07 AM

http://www.ign.com/a...lans-newest-dlc

Unless I'm reading this wrong, Escape Plan and its new DLC will be on sale next week:

I've been hoping for a sale on Escape Plan. I can see them putting it on sale for $9.99. Hoping the buyer will fork over another $4.99 for the new DLC. This game looks great plus the fact that they watch the experience of players is good for tweaks on the new DLC.

#3032 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:14 AM

By the way, for PS+ people that have a bunch of new games to play, you should check out the DLC to grab the freebies that some of them offer.

Choplifter HD - Zombie! Zombie! Zombie! Level Pack - Free
Just Cause 2 - Chaos Parachute - Free
Just Cause 2 - Tuk Tuk Boom Boom - Free
Just Cause 2 - Chevalier Ice Breaker - Free
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - Character Pack 1 - Free
LittleBigPlanet - Community Costume Winner - Free
LittleBigPlanet - Kabuki Actor Costume - Free
LittleBigPlanet - Sack-Eating Plant Costume - Free
LittleBigPlanet - Sack in the Box Costume - Free
Saints Row 2 - The Unkut Pack - Free

And if you were proactive before, there were numerous free holiday costumes for LBP 1 and 2 that you may have in your download history to redownload. The second challenge pack for Lara Croft was also free at launch, so if you thought ahead, you should download it to go with your game.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#3033 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:25 AM

I've been hoping for a sale on Escape Plan. I can see them putting it on sale for $9.99. Hoping the buyer will fork over another $4.99 for the new DLC. This game looks great plus the fact that they watch the experience of players is good for tweaks on the new DLC.

It says that both will be on sale.

#3034 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:27 AM

Cheapest, stop putting youtube videos under spoiler tags. It breaks the thread when people quote them.

#3035 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:30 AM

Unless I'm reading this wrong, Escape Plan and its new DLC will be on sale next week:

Thank you for the article! I just bought the Stardust bundle for my Vita and was about to pick up Escape Plan but saw this - might've saved me a couple bucks.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#3036 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:39 AM

Weird. The Infamous 2 free game I downloaded with PS+ comes up as only letting me play for an hour in the info section. What up with that?

#3037 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:40 AM

Thank you for the article! I just bought the Stardust bundle for my Vita and was about to pick up Escape Plan but saw this - might've saved me a couple bucks.

Very nice article indeed. I was tempted to buy it around a month ago, but when I saw it did not have a platinum I decided to hold off and not get a $20 PSN card and instead use that on a game with more robust content.

Hopefully it'll be $7.50 and the DLC will be $2.50 (50% off) thus making the whole package $10 which is a great price for it.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3038 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:42 AM

Couldn't you just make a dummy non-PS+ account on your PS3 and buy the pool game with that account?

I could, but that would mean I'd have to fund it with my debit/credit card. As it stands I have $34 sitting in my normal PSN account. If they had a way to gift yourself $5 from another PSN account I'd do it. But Sony is NOT getting my debit/credit card info. I used the numbers from a pre-paid(and empty) Visa when I used those free PS+ codes they sent via email a while ago.;)

Cheapest, stop putting youtube videos under spoiler tags. It breaks the thread when people quote them.

I only put it under spoiler tags to avoid cluttering up the thread. I figured some folks would want the option to not have to see a ginormous post with a video in it.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#3039 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:44 AM

Weird. The Infamous 2 free game I downloaded with PS+ comes up as only letting me play for an hour in the info section. What up with that?

You must have downloaded the Full Game Trial instead of the actual game. There should be an option to unlock the game, which should be free since it's free for PS+ people.

#3040 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:48 AM

II only put it under spoiler tags to avoid cluttering up the thread. I figured some folks would want the option to not have to see a ginormous post with a video in it.

It breaks the thread when people quote them, so you need to stop it. Post it as plain text if you don't want people to see it.

#3041 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:11 AM

my Infamous 2 download has been installing for over three hours now and is only a little over half done :(

#3042 SideshowNick

SideshowNick

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:15 AM

I qued up all the PS+ free games on Tuesday and they are still downloading 2 days later. Glad I got a 500GB hard drive.

#3043 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:16 AM

I have to highly recommend grabbing the Kane & Lynch character pack for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, as it goes a bit further than just being a new set of skins. They change the cutscenes a bit and have unique dialog for Kane & Lynch with them cursing up a storm at times. The set-up is also great.

Spoiler

#3044 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:15 AM

LG advertises some pre-made glasses for use with their 3D TVs you can buy them off of Amazon too.

Yeah. I've seen those, but it would be $5 or free with the movie theater glasses vs $17 for those or whatever price at other sellers.

Thanks though! :)

Happened to me with Ratchet and Clank. '30 minutes left' popped up and I was like, wtf!?!

Don't know what happened. Especially, as much as I mention that game. I noticed the bag was blue, while the rest were red. Clicked on it and 'add to cart' was available. Odd, but it worked after I added it to cart.... again?!.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#3045 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:41 AM

Was wondering why that was happen. Also, please?

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3046 beerrun

beerrun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:55 AM

I could, but that would mean I'd have to fund it with my debit/credit card. As it stands I have $34 sitting in my normal PSN account. If they had a way to gift yourself $5 from another PSN account I'd do it. But Sony is NOT getting my debit/credit card info. I used the numbers from a pre-paid(and empty) Visa when I used those free PS+ codes they sent via email a while ago.;)

You should not need to fund a separate account, using a sub-account pulls funds directly from the main account.

#3047 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

Not sure how confident I would be doing that. As this is an older show and their streaming rights on it probably just ran out, I'd like to use News Radio as an example anyway. They only had a few seasons of News Radio up for Netflix steaming, but took it down before adding the final seasons. Kinda disappointed me.

I'm in the camp of BBT-lovers and I can assure you that it has not been available to stream on Netflix to date.

#3048 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

I have to highly recommend grabbing the Kane & Lynch character pack for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, as it goes a bit further than just being a new set of skins. They change the cutscenes a bit and have unique dialog for Kane & Lynch with them cursing up a storm at times. The set-up is also great.

Thanks for this. I played the game already and finsihed it so i wasnt going to redownload it. But I might try it again now.

Edited by shrike4242, 08 June 2012 - 08:42 PM.

Tyler hates me. 

Wrencrest.png

#3049 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

Spoiler

Hmm, is there a similar set up for the Kain and Raziel pack? Its been so long since anything has been done with that series...

#3050 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

My interpretation of that paragraph is that the new DLC, The Asylum, is gonna have a week one discount before being bumped up to full price ($4.99). I don't infer that the actual full game will be on sale, but that's just my 2 cents.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3051 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

My interpretation of that paragraph is that the new DLC, The Asylum, is gonna have a week one discount before being bumped up to full price ($4.99). I don't infer that the actual full game will be on sale, but that's just my 2 cents.

How'd you get that?

On Tuesday, June 12th, you’ll be able to download the game at a steep discount off of the PlayStation Network. Following that, the DLC pack will be adjusted to its regular price of $4.99.

If they wanted to say the DLC would be on sale they should've wrote "you'll be able to download the DLC pack at a steep discount" instead of "the game" but who knows you could be right.

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#3052 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:13 PM

How'd you get that?

On Tuesday, June 12th, you’ll be able to download the game at a steep discount off of the PlayStation Network. Following that, the DLC pack will be adjusted to its regular price of $4.99.

If they wanted to say the DLC would be on sale they should've wrote "you'll be able to download the DLC pack at a steep discount" instead of "the game" but who knows you could be right.

From the sentence before the one you quoted:

And though The Asylum is being announced for the first time right here, right now, it’s very close on the horizon. On Tuesday, June 12th, you’ll be able to download the game at a steep discount off of the PlayStation Network. Following that, the DLC pack will be adjusted to its regular price of $4.99.

In the sentence before, he is clearly referring to The Asylum, and to me that seems to be the subject of the entire paragraph. The way I'm understanding it, he definitely should have wrote "you'll be able to download the DLC at a steep discount" or just "you'll be able to download it at a steep discount".

Edited by tylerh1701, 08 June 2012 - 04:23 PM.

#3053 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

From the sentence before the one you quoted:

In the sentence before, he is clearly referring to The Asylum, and to me that seems to be the subject of the entire paragraph. The way I'm understanding it, he definitely should have wrote "you'll be able to download the DLC at a steep discount".

Well, I think at this point we can all agree it's pretty poorly worded.

#3054 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

Well, I think at this point we can all agree it's pretty poorly worded.

well it's IGN - it's to be expected.

#3055 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

It just shows how fucked up the English language is that people can read something and get ten different perspectives on what the person meant. Man we need to clean up our language.

Tyler hates me. 

Wrencrest.png

#3056 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

It just shows how fucked up the English language is that people can read something and get ten different perspectives on what the person meant. Man we need to clean up our language.

Then how would Fox news make money?
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#3057 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

You should not need to fund a separate account, using a sub-account pulls funds directly from the main account.

No it doesn't? My brother and I have separate accounts on my PS3 and we each have to fund our wallets separately. Same for any other accounts on the PS3.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3058 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

Inflammable means flammable? What a country.

#3059 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

Don't worry, Chinese economy report just came out. They will be invading soon and we will get a new one.

#3060 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

I would be pretty stoked if Escape Plan got a discount.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif