Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#4891 dEvAnGeL

dEvAnGeL

sHaMe oN yOu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

sold my vita yesterday, im still fucking regretting buying it on release day and also the fact that sony has pretty much forgot about the handheld, no one fucking vita sale on the psn, no a new release since gravity rush, not a word on warriors lair, little big planet pushed back, not footage from killzone vita, all the vita is getting is ps3 ports and the only good game is uncharted but priced at 50 dollars, seriously, sony has lost me for good this time, good luck to those who still love their systems! im done with sony

#4892 -Never4ever-

-Never4ever-

That Guy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

Yep. Start it up, quit, and you should be able to buy it in an hour.

Thanks! that worked.

(which is fucking stupid by the way)

I agree.

It's weird, I don't usually download hour trials at all. Guessing a friend or Family Member clicked on it, but never actually downloaded them.

#4893 -Never4ever-

-Never4ever-

That Guy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

sold my vita yesterday, im still fucking regretting buying it on release day and also the fact that sony has pretty much forgot about the handheld, no one fucking vita sale on the psn, no a new release since gravity rush, not a word on warriors lair, little big planet pushed back, not footage from killzone vita, all the vita is getting is ps3 ports and the only good game is uncharted but priced at 50 dollars, seriously, sony has lost me for good this time, good luck to those who still love their systems! im done with sony

PS3 is still a very capable platform, and the PSP has some gems for it, but I whole heartily agree with the Vita sentiments. The sad part is that Sony had the option of giving the Vita a "re-birth" ala Nintendo and the 3DS, but they've pretty much given up on the Vita.

#4894 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

if you thought Uncharted was the only good game on vita, it probably wasn't the right system for you anyways.

MildObstruction.png

#4895 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

When GameStop has a sale, as they recently did, that includes discounts on "DLC" like PSP games such as Disgaea or what not, are the codes available for purchase in their physical stores, or just online? I bought a ton of PSP stuff from them on sale, but it was like pulling teeth with my orders canceled over and over, and when it finally went through, I only got 3/5 of the codes and had to spend an hour on the phone with them.

:(

Wow that sucks, I didn't have any trouble buying the two Disgaea games that are on sale a while back. I guess it's just bad luck?

Grammar? Lol I remember people saying the same thing with the 3DS and even the PS3. Anyone remember back (2006-2007) when everyone was saying the PS3 has no games? Starting with the PS3's lifespan and well into 2007, there was no denying there was a lack of software. It tends to happen; it's happened to just about every single console in history, and that most certainly includes the Xbox 360. Did you complain, sell your PS3 and say 'I'M DONE WITH SONY' back then too? Also I can't even remember if any top 3DS games (if there were any) went on sale within 4-5 months of release. I know I waited till the Zelda bundle came out to purchase my 3DS. No games? How about a list of 70 released/announced games? http://gamerxchange....t-over-70-them/ While the Vita's launch went much better than the PSP's launch I do agree that Sony needs to do something about the system sales. If they don't we'll continue getting second rate developers (Resistance Burning Skies) and the good developers will developing games where it's profitable like consoles and even idevices/facebook games.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#4896 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

I asked this at my local GS and they confirmed that you can purchase the DLC codes in the store.

I tried to ask too, but they got confused. :) I did see DLC on shelves, but it was other stuff, definitely not Disgaea or anything. But if I asked them about a specific sale item, like Disgaea, I'd be able to buy it there?

#4897 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:06 PM

You'll be back! I personally love the system and already have a backlog on it, but splitting time between it the PS3, the occasional 360 and Wii use, coupled with life, I have my hands more than full. So I suppose I'm not the right person to gauge this off, but I do find I am playing my vita the most of all my consoles, and I have Gravity Rush sitting in shrink wrap and a 15$ copy of Uncharted on it's way. (thanks eBay) Should be more than enough to keep me busy until the releases start dropping this fall.

125365.png

#4898 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

People's expectations regarding the Vita are ridiculous. The system has been out for just five months and its library shits on the 3DS's. If you think that Uncharted is the only good game on the Vita then you simply just don't like games. I saw another guy complain that the only good games are Gravity Rush and Persona 4. Yeah, okay, like that person isn't an extremely niche customer as well.

If you only like one specific genre of game, then you shouldn't be buying a new console anywhere near launch.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#4899 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

People's expectations regarding the Vita are ridiculous. The system has been out for just five months and its library shits on the 3DS's. If you think that Uncharted is the only good game on the Vita then you simply just don't like games. I saw another guy complain that the only good games are Gravity Rush and Persona 4. Yeah, okay, like that person isn't an extremely niche customer as well.

If you only like one specific genre of game, then you shouldn't be buying a new console anywhere near launch.

Uncharted, in my opinion, is actually the worst game on Vita. And I LOVE the series on PS3. But honestly, anyone who can sit there and seriously say "Sony has given up on the Vita!" is 100% a complete moron. I don't care who it is, say that and you're a moron. It seems like people expect a system to launch with 100 blockbuster titles in the first six months. Well, guess what...that's impossible. No console has ever had a crazy, burst out of the gate, we have 100 AAA games within the first year style launch; let alone a handheld. It's absolutely ridiculous that because there are yet to be any sales on Vita games...Sony has pretty much given up on it.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

My man Pharm fucks all night. Call him Super Mario, cuz he be layin' the pipe

#4900 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

People's expectations regarding the Vita are ridiculous. The system has been out for just five months and its library shits on the 3DS's.

Not really. They both have limited libraries at this point, but the only games on Vita that I'd want to play are ports of older PS3 and PS2 games (which I'd rather play on my TV, regardless of whatever content is added), so my vote goes to the 3DS for the time being.

And to say that all people who disagree with you..

simply just don't like games

..is just immature.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#4901 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

which I'd rather play on my TV

I wish the Vita had the TV out option like the PSP 2000+ did. That would make the system even better imo!

125365.png

#4902 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

I wish the Vita could play my PSP games. That would make the system worth dusting off.

#4903 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

Not really. They both have limited libraries at this point, but the only games on Vita that I'd want to play are ports of older PS3 and PS2 games (which I'd rather play on my TV, regardless of whatever content is added), so my vote goes to the 3DS for the time being.

And to say that all people who disagree with you..

..is just immature.

So Escape Plan, Gravity Rush, Super Stardust Delta, Tales From Space, Unit 13, Wipeout 2048, Lumines, and Hot Shots Golf don't interest you? The Vita has a very diverse library of good games. If you only like one or two genres, what are you doing buying a new console?

What did the 3DS have after five months? Two N64 ports?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#4904 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

+1 to being sick of Vita complainers and whiners.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#4905 maccabee72

maccabee72

Hook 'em

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

+2. I love my Vita so far. My only complaint is pricing of digital downloads. While other stores are having sales on launch titles, Sony refuses to budge on prices. I'd double dip on HSG and other titles if they made the DD prices competitive. The holiday season titles look great, and I think many people dumping their systems now will have them on their want lists come Nov./Dec.
Posted Image

#4906 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

So Escape Plan, Gravity Rush, Super Stardust Delta, Tales From Space, Unit 13, Wipeout 2048, Lumines, and Hot Shots Golf don't interest you? The Vita has a very diverse library of good games. If you only like one or two genres, what are you doing buying a new console?

What did the 3DS have after five months? Two N64 ports?

And where in my post did I say I "only like one or two genres"? Seriously, stop putting words in other peoples' mouths. :roll:

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#4907 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

I don't know about you guys but Jet Set Radio on the go is more than enough to justify owning the Vita. Can't wait
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#4908 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

REMINDER: For those that bought a PS+ voucher on ebay a while back, they have to be redeemed by today (7/15/12) if you haven't already.

#4909 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:31 AM

REMINDER: For those that bought a PS+ voucher on ebay a while back, they have to be redeemed by today (7/15/12) if you haven't already.

Wait which ones? The ones from the Target deal?

#4910 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:45 AM

probably means the ones from Sony's E3 conference this year

#4911 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:51 AM

probably means the ones from Sony's E3 conference this year

Phew thanks! Do you guys know if store bought cards expire? I heard 1 yr for $ cards, but IDK if PS+ cards expire. (I've been holding off until I upgrade my HD from 40 GB.)

#4912 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:02 AM

The E3 giveaways that attendees sold off.

#4913 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:31 AM

http://blog.us.plays...2-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:

PlayStation Network

DYAD – Dyad is an abstract racing/shooter/puzzle hybrid where players move forward by manipulating other vessels on the track. Dyad also explores the mind state of the player — the game is designed to create a strong sense of flow, upon which it offers different contemplative approaches.

The topics of contemplation, called Mantras, create a thought-based metagame on top of the audio-visual gameplay. An independently-developed project created by Shawn McGrath, Dyad is made for play on PlayStation 3 consoles.

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles – Arm yourself against the horrors of the city in this sequel to the gun shooting game Umbrella Chronicles. Darkside Chronicles takes place in Resident Evil 2′s Racoon City. It’s September 29, 1998, and the city has turned to hell due to the effects of the T-virus. Players take control of Claire Redfield and Leon S. Kennedy to deal with the undead. Only this time, the enemy is not the Umbrella Corporation … instead, players venture into the unexplored areas of the Resident Evil story, along with the darker passages of the characters’ histories.

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles – Umbrella Chronicles takes place from the first person as your characters move through a fully 3D mansion. This action/shooter hybrid reveals the back story behind the fall of the Umbrella Corporation by exploring locations from past Resident Evil 0, 1, 2 and 3 as well as new never-before-seen locations, such as Umbrella’s stronghold.

Record of Agarest War 2 – Following up in a series by acclaimed Japanese role-playing game designers RED and Idea Factory, Record of Agarest War 2 features all-new strategy RPG gameplay, HD graphics, and bonus mini-games! The Limited Edition release enhances the experience with a unique set of items for franchise fans.

One day, the world was enveloped by a mysterious blinding light. The destruction it caused was terrible, even as the light itself was sublime in its beauty, and it made those who witnessed the awesome display think of the unrestrained rage and fury of the divine. The central continent, from where the light is believed to have originated from, went silent, while at the same time demons began to spread throughout the world like a plague. Amongst the survivors of the catastrophe, that fateful day became known as the “Day of Light.”

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#4914 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:06 AM

And where in my post did I say I "only like one or two genres"? Seriously, stop putting words in other peoples' mouths. :roll:

That was a general you, but thanks for ignoring the rest of the post.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#4915 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:41 AM

Phew thanks! Do you guys know if store bought cards expire? I heard 1 yr for $ cards, but IDK if PS+ cards expire. (I've been holding off until I upgrade my HD from 40 GB.)

I personally wouldn't take that chance. Keep in mind that the code you scratch out is activated at the time of purchase. If bots are being used to run randomly generated codes on psn all day, an activated code may be used before the actual owner of the card gets the chance to redeem it. I'm not saying this is happening on psn and xbox live, but are there any safeguards against that? It isn't uncommon for someone to purchase a card and sit on it for a few months before realizing the code is invalid or has already been redeemed. I wonder what causes that error besides someone else just using the code first.

#4916 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:43 AM

I'll probably grab Agarest War 2 off PSN eventually once I beat the first two games (about half way through the first one right now)

wonder if they'll put Zero up soon too? seems odd to have the first and third games in the series up on PSN but not the second one

#4917 Calipup

Calipup

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:31 AM

I have 5 dollars left in my account and have no idea what to do with it. I already have a background and an avatar that I like, so I am looking for a game. Any suggestions?

#4918 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:11 AM

I have 5 dollars left in my account and have no idea what to do with it. I already have a background and an avatar that I like, so I am looking for a game. Any suggestions?

World Gone Sour if you don't want to wait for a sale.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#4919 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:26 AM

Gunstar Heroes or Monster World IV(I'm pretty sure it's $4.99 anyway).

#4920 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:27 AM

Gunstar Heroes or Monster World IV(I'm pretty sure it's $4.99 anyway).

Seconded on Gunstar. Amazing amazing game, takes me right back to my childhood.
Posted ImagePosted Image