Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#5671 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

Not sure what this is? Could you explain it? Tickets for what?

the Tournament System

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale <-- TLOU Remastered(PS4) P

rpg49ers.png 1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#5672 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

Very interesting. I wonder what they're replacing JC2 and Croft with...

My guess is Retro/Grade and either Deus Ex or Dead Space 2. Darksiders is also a possibility given that the sequel is out next week.
Posted Image

#5673 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

the Tournament System

Ok...did not know the new patch was including that...need to read. :)

#5674 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

yeah im not crying, lol, i just check ps3trophies.org and they always post the europe psn so it confuses me, lol.

also some people are saying two worlds 2 velvet only comes with pirates and defense?

does it also come with the $20 multiplayer maps pack? i know its only 1 trophy, but that woudl be fun to do a new mp campaign with my grrl online.

-think i found answer
'the game now comes packaged with Multiplayer map pack 1 (7 DM Maps, 4 adventure maps and 3 CC maps)and the Pirates singleplayer expansion. you also get an in game item (pin)'

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#5675 ProAnon

ProAnon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

Not sure what this is? Could you explain it? Tickets for what?

In short, they put out a huge patch today, 1.13. With it, they added a new "Tournament" mode. You spend tickets to get tournament points, and you by default get 10 a week.

You blindly spend a ticket without knowing who you're playing with, then if you win the match, you get points based on how well you played in the match. If you lose, you get nothing at all, and you lose the ticket.

#5676 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

Can the Pirates add-on and Multiplayer pack be played without playing the original campaign first? I already have the game on Xbox and want to skip right to the new stuff.

I'm not sure since I havent had a chance to play it. I would think the MP add on could be played right away.

also some people are saying two worlds 2 velvet only comes with pirates and defense?

does it also come with the $20 multiplayer maps pack? i know its only 1 trophy, but that woudl be fun to do a new mp campaign with my grrl online.

I could be wrong but I dont think that pack is included, unless by chance its wrapped up in the GOTY download (Game and pirate DLC).

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#5677 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

I am still torn on Two Worlds. On the one hand many people say it sucks. Then on the other many say its fun if you can look past some tech issues.

Is the frame rate really bad? Does it hitch and stutter a lot? On youtube vids it seems okay.

how big is the game world?

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#5678 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

'the game now comes packaged with Multiplayer map pack 1 (7 DM Maps, 4 adventure maps and 3 CC maps)and the Pirates singleplayer expansion. you also get an in game item (pin)'

that was on a review of the ps3 velvet edition, so hopefully it's included also.

- also about importing tw2 saves to velvet edition, don't know if fixed but
'Hack (workaround) for importing save games:

This is caused by the fact that PS3 TWII GotY is formally different game then TWII - it have different "titleID" and so different saves folder.

There is a hack in game which lets you "import" saves from TWII:
you do this at the main menu.

- open commands console:

Hold down L1 + R1 then while holding it down press sequentially: SELECT then DPAD LEFT then SELECT then DPAD RIGHT. An input box+on-screen keyboard should appear.
then put in the game.loaddir BLUS30550 and hit start. (this is the US Code) then you're done (except for saving) use codes below for different regions.

- in console type: game.loaddir BLES00845 (UK) (for US version type: game.loaddir BLUS30550, for JAP: game.loaddir BLJM60268) and press START to accept command.

this imports ALL your saves at once including MP and SP. once done just go into multiplayer and force it to save each character and then go into singleplayer and save there too. then you're all done! I tested this and it works perfectly.'
idk tho

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#5679 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:30 PM

I just remember when the first BTTF Chapter was free, then soon it was all free. I'm even more convinced I should wait on Walking Dead. Not like I have a basket full of games that need to be finished.

#5680 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

Well I guess its in the GOTY year DL like the pirate expansion is. Works for me!:bouncy:

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#5681 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

we should do some mp sometime if it isn't crazy broken. i played single player as a necro summoner and it rocked and i did mp as a pure physical attack dwarf. i had about 100x more fun as a magic user than physical attacker. so ill respec my character online again. i just did online to get the trophies tho, lol. I heard the pirates dlc is huge, so for $10 im down.

also with all this telltale talk about free games, i want another season of sam and max free.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#5682 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

wtf? thought someone said KoF13 was coming to psn store?

It is.

http://www.cheapassg...897&postcount=1

I post that link in the OP and the post I make here every Tuesday so that everybody here that wants to see everything that's out this week can do so without having to ask questions.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#5683 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

As someone who just finished Walking Dead EP2, I can't recommend it enough to fans of anything Telltale. Pretty dark story, interesting characters, and plenty of gore for the zombie fans. If you enjoy Telltale's stuff or The Walking Dead, definitely give it a shot.

#5684 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

I wonder if they'll replace Just Cause 2 with Two Worlds 2 for the Instant Game Collection...

#5685 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

I wonder if they'll replace Just Cause 2 with Two Worlds 2 for the Instant Game Collection...

It wouldn't be on sale if they were going to do that.

#5686 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

It wouldn't be on sale if they were going to do that.

You sure, cause JC2 was on sale a week before it became free for PS+ =P

#5687 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

Yeah, they said after the announcement of the Instant Game Collection that they would be sure to not put games on sale that would be available for PS+ soon from then on due to that incident.

#5688 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

So was Infamous 2.

#5689 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

My guess is Retro/Grade and either Deus Ex or Dead Space 2. Darksiders is also a possibility given that the sequel is out next week.

Retro/Grade is out on 8/21, which is a week too late to be included with PS+.

#5690 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

Is that a good price for Super Stardust? I can't help but wonder if it'll be free later down the line. I wish I picked that game up from the Welcome Back package last year.

#5691 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

Sound Shapes is really great. I can actually see myself playing through this on the PS3 and Vita. Totally worth the $12.

CBrownsT10.png

#5692 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

Sound Shapes is really great. I can actually see myself playing through this on the PS3 and Vita. Totally worth the $12.

Except you don't need to play through it on both. You can upload your save to the cloud, download it on the other system and pick up right where you left off. Double trophies and all :D

#5693 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:13 PM

The hell? I was dedicated in several of the top PS3 games on Raptr and my account was linked to FB yet on the reward page for the monkey paw free game, the newbie box is grayed out and isn't checked plus it says I missed out on the reward.

There was only 1500 available codes.

#5694 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

Ah, k, I guess that was why then. Sorry to get off topic.

Downloading Sound Shapes now. I have been hearing mostly good things about it so I am pretty excited :D

523546.png

#5695 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

I really like Sound Shapes so far. It's cute and fun to pick up & play. A fine addition to the Vita library. I like some of the user created levels -- only a few hours old and there are some great ones already. But yeah, there's no reason on God's Green Earth that the game takes up a full 1/8 of my 8 GB memory card. I had to delete FF IV Complete just to try this game out. I haveno idea how they could use that much data in such a simple game.

I read nothing but bad things about Two Worlds II and yet I'm still tempted at that price. What the hell is wrong with me?

decker%2001.jpg

#5696 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

I really like Sound Shapes so far. It's cute and fun to pick up & play. A fine addition to the Vita library. I like some of the user created levels -- only a few hours old and there are some great ones already. But yeah, there's no reason on God's Green Earth that the game takes up a full 1/8 of my 8 GB memory card. I had to delete FF IV Complete just to try this game out. I haveno idea how they could use that much data in such a simple game.

I read nothing but bad things about Two Worlds II and yet I'm still tempted at that price. What the hell is wrong with me?

High quality audio files. There's your reason.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#5697 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

Were they all for Dezaemon Kids?

#5698 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:23 AM

anyone who doesn't like sound shapes is almost certainly a communist buttface. there, I said it.

#5699 Derextreme

Derextreme

Do you even Sony?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

sucks that the sales are reversed for the consoles i play the games on. deus ex and amalur for ps3, and two worlds on 360. hopefully we'll see the amalur and deus ex sales soon. i have no hope for a two worlds deal like this one 360 though. probably going to pick it up later this week if i can talk myself into it. i'd definitely be down for some multiplayer with anyone here.

405831.png               sig.gif

2014 completed games tab

#5700 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:35 AM

sucks that the sales are reversed for the consoles i play the games on. deus ex and amalur for ps3, and two worlds on 360. hopefully we'll see the amalur and deus ex sales soon. i have no hope for a two worlds deal like this one 360 though. probably going to pick it up later this week if i can talk myself into it. i'd definitely be down for some multiplayer with anyone here.

Deus Ex was only $10 with Best Buy's Gaming Blowout sale last month for both PS3 and 360 and Kingdoms Of Amalur is only $10 after using a coupon from this months' @Gamer magazine.

If you're not a subscriber, it'll end up costing you $15($5 for the magazine to get the coupons), but that's still a pretty good deal for the game.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image