Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#5701 Derextreme

Derextreme

Do you even Sony?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:49 AM

i meant on the dlc, lol. i already own the games, and i'm already a member of gcu. ;)

405831.png               sig.gif

2014 completed games tab

#5702 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:04 AM

Deus Ex was only $10 with Best Buy's Gaming Blowout sale last month for both PS3 and 360 and Kingdoms Of Amalur is only $10 after using a coupon from this months' @Gamer magazine.

He was talking about the DLCs, not the games. Deus Ex and KoA get DLC sales on the 360, but he plays on PS3. Two Worlds 2 gets a big price cut on PS3, but he plays on 360.

#5703 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:06 AM

anyone who doesn't like sound shapes is almost certainly a communist buttface. there, I said it.

And a Nazi. Don't forget the Nazis.

#5704 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:13 AM

i meant on the dlc, lol. i already own the games, and i'm already a member of gcu. ;)

He was talking about the DLCs, not the games. Deus Ex and KoA get DLC sales on the 360, but he plays on PS3. Two Worlds 2 gets a big price cut on PS3, but he plays on 360.

I misunderstood. Although didn't one of the DLC's come free with PS3 versions of KOA? I know there was something that came with the PS3 version, but it's been forever since I cashed in that DLC voucher that I forgot what it was.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#5705 Derextreme

Derextreme

Do you even Sony?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:16 AM

i honestly have no idea. mine is still sealed, haha. tried to get the 360 version with my coupon, but they were all gone when i got there.

2014 completed games tab

#5706 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:30 AM

I misunderstood. Although didn't one of the DLC's come free with PS3 versions of KOA? I know there was something that came with the PS3 version, but it's been forever since I cashed in that DLC voucher that I forgot what it was.

It was just the "Online Pass" that gave you the House of Valor questline and Shepard's Armor, and Omniblade daggers if you played the ME3 demo. This was universal between the PS3 and 360 versions for new copies though. Everything else is either pre-order stuff or paid DLC. The PS3 version didn't get anything the 360 version didn't.

#5707 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:50 AM

i honestly have no idea. mine is still sealed, haha. tried to get the 360 version with my coupon, but they were all gone when i got there.

When did you head there to get it though? The coupons been active since July sometime. I was shocked when I checked my closest store recently and still found two PS3 versions sitting on a low shelf in the PS3 section as of about two weeks ago.

It was just the "Online Pass" that gave you the House of Valor questline and Shepard's Armor, and Omniblade daggers if you played the ME3 demo. This was universal between the PS3 and 360 versions for new copies though. Everything else is either pre-order stuff or paid DLC. The PS3 version didn't get anything the 360 version didn't.

I didn't think they released that much stuff for KOA since the game was essentially released & then the company went kablooie within six months or so.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#5708 jcally

jcally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:51 AM

I went ahead and grabbed Two Worlds II. I was a little unsure based on all the negative reviews, but did the 60 minute trial and $10 seems like a fair enough price.

19740.png

3DS: 4124-5509-6700 /  Wii U: jcally

#5709 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:05 AM

I didn't think they released that much stuff for KOA since the game was essentially released & then the company went kablooie within six months or so.

Well truth be told the Online pass, all of that pre-order junk, and most of the small paid DLCs were probably done long before launch. There were only 2 "major" DLCs even though they weren't that major, and I'm sure large portions of both of those were done before or near launch. Then the studio sank like a rock.

#5710 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:10 AM

Nice releases this week. I picked up the newly-added Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 today, as well as Record of Agarest War 2.

Spoiler

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#5711 Derextreme

Derextreme

Do you even Sony?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:16 AM

i went the day the coupons started. granted i was there later in the day cause i had to work, but all the 360 copies were gone with only 1 ps3 copy left. i never wait around for these deals, my area is loaded full of small time dealers and craigslist resellers. usually within 30 minutes of best buy opening they're cleared out.

2014 completed games tab

#5712 Raww

Raww

Special Agent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:27 AM

Thanks for the reply. I went with Delta.

I bought Delta a long while ago and its great. I think its the best R-Type game in the series.
R-Types is the arcade version of R-Type and R-Type II. I have that on disc so I didn't buy it.

Of the two I recommend Delta I really enjoyed it and cant wait for PSone games to be playable on the vita so I can transfer it.

#5713 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:50 AM

I am very interested in this game. If I can get a 1 month Playstation Plus trial, I will purchase this- otherwise I will wait for a sale.

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:wiiu: The Wonderful 101
:3ds: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#5714 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:53 AM

yeah i just got the $10 legend of dead kel pirate dlc for koa, hope the giants dlc goes on sale, i would get that for $5.

also would love to get deus ex dlc for 50% off also, but idk. lots of those 360 sales never come to psn...

also hoping re orc's spec ops dlc goes 50% off soon, hopefully when re6 arrives? i want to play the other half of that game, but $20 seems steep.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#5715 kingcobra1215

kingcobra1215

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:55 AM

Is super stardust worth it? Ive heard great things and tried the demo but still not convinced...hmmm

"If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans." 

"I don't think the human race will survive the next thousand years, unless we spread into space."

- Stephen Hawking

#5716 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:59 AM

Is super stardust worth it? Ive heard great things and tried the demo but still not convinced...hmmm

I think it is. Think of it like geometry wars on crack and with sort of a story. I actually need to play through now to get the trophies.

#5717 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:00 AM

I am very interested in this game. If I can get a 1 month Playstation Plus trial, I will purchase this- otherwise I will wait for a sale.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4abaaae99e

From the details, you have to use it right away. Remember to use an empty prepaid credit card or remove your card info/turn off auto renewal!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#5718 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:37 AM

With Kingdoms of Amalur and both Dragon Age's in my backlog, I'm gonna have to pass on Two Worlds II.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5719 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:43 AM

A question for someone in the know : it shows Walking Dead Part 2 as "Add On Content". Does that mean I need to keep Part 1 on my HDD after I finish the game if I want to play Part 2?

decker%2001.jpg

#5720 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:47 AM

if you love dual stick shooters, you'll absolutely love SS. it's amazing.

#5721 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:52 AM

When the Fuck are they going to incorporate Vita deals in PS+? Didn't they announce that at E3? Two months later and still nothing?

Don't get me wrong, I love PS+ but come on. I want too see some deals on Escape Plan or Super Stardust.
Let's go O's!

#5722 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:08 AM

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4abaaae99e

From the details, you have to use it right away. Remember to use an empty prepaid credit card or remove your card info/turn off auto renewal!

thanks for this!

TheFurryPanda.png

#5723 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:45 AM

When the Fuck are they going to incorporate Vita deals in PS+? Didn't they announce that at E3? Two months later and still nothing?

Don't get me wrong, I love PS+ but come on. I want too see some deals on Escape Plan or Super Stardust.

They have and very recently too. There were multiple Vita games at a discount for PS+ users during the Olympic sale. And then PS+ users have also been getting discounts on new digital Vita games that hit the PSN. Foosball 2012 and Sound Shapes being the perfect and most recent examples that come to mind. There just haven't been deals on the 2 games you mentioned, so quit whining.

#5724 Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige

For Answer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:48 AM

A question for someone in the know : it shows Walking Dead Part 2 as "Add On Content". Does that mean I need to keep Part 1 on my HDD after I finish the game if I want to play Part 2?

Yes, Yes you do.

#5725 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:54 AM

I enjoyed the demo for Super Stardust HD for Vita. Definitely in for this bundle on PS3!
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#5726 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:52 AM

Anybody pick up the Payday DLC? If so is it any good looking for a reason to get back into the game I'm such a cheap ass tho I always wait for something to go on sale or free before I get it just wondering if this one is worth the $10 or a wait on a sale type DLC
Posted Image

#5727 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:03 AM

wish they brought the zombie map to ps3's payday, if that was included id be sold on the dlc. i got all 5 play games last year so payday was free, $10 seems steep for any kinda dlc.
Posted Image

#5728 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:22 AM

yeah i also got it free, so 10 is a bit steep. and no discount for ps+ sucks.

just played an hour of sound shapes. so much fun. trip potential is high on this one cuz you can die over and over and there is no consequence at all so no frustration and multi checkpoints. so fun. i dont wanna burn through it too fast tho, already did 2 full albums out of 4, but no trophies cuz death mode and school beats dont unlock til after you finish campaign. dyad was fun, but pretty frustrating and not really a chillaxn game. peace all

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#5729 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:31 AM

Anybody pick up the Payday DLC? If so is it any good looking for a reason to get back into the game I'm such a cheap ass tho I always wait for something to go on sale or free before I get it just wondering if this one is worth the $10 or a wait on a sale type DLC

You can actually play the new maps if the host has the DLC. I haven't bought it yet cause I'm on vacation but I will be buyin it as soon as I get home.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#5730 TeamUnderdog

TeamUnderdog

It's Not a Deal! It's a Steal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:48 AM

You can actually play the new maps if the host has the DLC. I haven't bought it yet cause I'm on vacation but I will be buyin it as soon as I get home.

How good is PayDay? Two of my friends just got a PS3, and this seems like an ideal co-op game for the 3 of us. Is it buggy online at all?

card.png
453976.png