Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#5911 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:28 PM

Random question, but how to I prevent my PS from automatically downloading and installing betas (I am a PS+ member)? I have no interest in these and have to manually delete them whenever they download overnight.

#5912 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

Can't wait to finally play Outland. Will also be picking up Papo & Yo. This is a really good PS+ week for me.

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#5913 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

Don't play the songs that you don't like. Just focus on the songs that interest you.

Random question, but how to I prevent my PS from automatically downloading and installing betas (I am a PS+ member)? I have no interest in these and have to manually delete them whenever they download overnight.

Settings > System Settings > Automatic Update

There will be a part where it lets you check/uncheck which aspects of Automatic Update that you want it to do.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#5914 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

Settings > System Settings > Automatic Update

There will be a part where it lets you check/uncheck which aspects of Automatic Update that you want it to do.

Ah, thanks very much! :D

#5915 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

I don't understand what games you actually enjoy playing...

The ones that come in plastic boxes and cost money of course. ;)

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#5916 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

speaking of rockband(kinda), Guitar Hero. I've been meaning to start playing that game but I know there's so many different ones. Through a pm preferably, could someone hit me up on some details on the cheapest/newest bundle? Recommendations? Thanks in advance

#5917 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

Papo y Yo is the same thing as Papo & Yo, what are you guys talkin about? y means and in Spanish.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#5918 rpg

rpg

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:10 PM

MTV Multiplayer: When and why did the name of the game change from "Papo y Yo" to "Papo & Yo"?
Caballero: It was a natural transition. In today's global market your message has to resonate with multiple cultures and languages (the name itself is a mix between "Papa," father in Spanish, and "Babo," father in Italian. Many people started changing the "y" for the "&" and I saw this as an opportunity to put input from gamers back in to the game.

http://multiplayerbl...gh-interaction/

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif        

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#5919 breakfuss

breakfuss

Malicious Baiter ♥

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:31 PM

Jeeze, someone woke up on the wrong side of the thread, lol. Remind me to never piss off the raccoon guy. Anyway, I'm one of the few left that won't let go of my plastic instruments so I'm looking forward to Blitz. Heck of a value and the DLC compatibility just sweetens the deal. I'm glad they include pop stuff (Foster the People, zomg!!!!!!!) as pure metal packs tend to be a little heavy handed.

#5920 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

Jeeze, someone woke up on the wrong side of the thread, lol. Remind never to piss off the raccoon guy. Anyway, I'm one of the few left that won't let go of my plastic instruments so I'm looking forward to Blitz. Heck of a value and the DLC compatibility just sweetens the deal. I'm glad they include pop stuff (Foster the People, zomg!!!!!!!) as pure metal packs tend to be a little heavy handed.

I'm not pissed off by whatever you're talking about. I've never understood the people that freak out about songs that aren't their idea of what Rock Band games should feature like everybody should only be allowed to have access to their limited view of what kinds of music fits the series. You can easily ignore the songs that you don't like and stick to what interests you since by this point, most Rock Band fans have a large enough song library that caters directly to their interests.

#5921 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

http://blog.us.plays...sn-august-21st/

Some info on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive:

Since 1999, Counter-Strike has been the standard-bearer for first-person shooters. The driving force behind competitive e-sports, Counter-Strike has showcased the talents of the most skilled FPS players around the world. Beginning August 21st, the classic action is available on PSN.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive brings the industry’s leading team-based action gameplay and adds new weapons, dramatically improved visual effects, and a skill-based matchmaking system to provide all players with a competitive and engaging experience.

Developing for PlayStation 3 gave us a great opportunity to take advantage of the unique qualities of the platform. For example, we’re supporting a wide range of input devices including the PlayStation Move, PlayStation Move Sharpshooter, and even keyboard and mouse.

Naturally, support for these devices means that different players in the same match might be using different controllers. Players using mouse and keyboard might end up playing against players using a joystick or motion controls. Our matchmaking system allows us to support all of these input devices without disrupting the balance of the game – you’ll be matched against players who perform at your skill level, regardless of what controller you (or they) choose to use. The system maintains a separate ranking for each input device, so players should feel free to experiment with each one.

In addition to the standard classic gameplay, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has two extra game types – Arms Race, and Demolition mode. These are fast-paced “gun progression” modes where a player begins with a certain weapon and advances through a sequence of weapons whenever they score a kill. In the Arms Race, players take part in a massive deathmatch with instant respawns, where new weapons are awarded immediately after a kill. Backstab an opponent to take them down a level, and rack up kills as you work toward the final weapon: a golden knife.

Demolition mode provides a twist on the classic bomb-planting formula. Players attack (and defend) a single bombsite armed with similar starting weapons. Get one kill and you’ll receive a new weapon in the next round. Get two or more kills in a round and you’ll be rewarded with bonus grenades. Dominate the match and get a kill in every round to reach the ultimate weapons, powerful sniper rifles!

Arms Race and Demolition mode both come with new maps designed for fast-paced gameplay. These modes provide new players with an opportunity to try out the core shooting mechanics of Counter-Strike in a fun and competitive environment, and provide veteran players with more ways to show off their skills.

As part of the PSN PLAY 2012 line-up, players will have a chance to pre-order and receive a bonus XMB theme during the week prior to launch. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive will be released on August 21st for $14.99 (PS Plus members pay $11.99).

Grab your friends, and join the action.

#5922 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:03 AM

counter strike gun game...

and yeah y and and are the same thing, pretty funny reading all these posts.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#5923 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:12 AM

I'm really excited to play BloodRayne: Betrayal, I've been eying it up for a while but getting it for free is icing on the cake. Papo & Yo and CS:GO look great too... With the PSN Play deal I could get Sound Shapes and those two games for $30 total which is a great deal. Man PSN is killing it this year.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
C90d2eO.png7WPdXq9.png2q1uoso.jpg

#5924 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

I'm not pissed off by whatever you're talking about. I've never understood the people that freak out about songs that aren't their idea of what Rock Band games should feature like everybody should only be allowed to have access to their limited view of what kinds of music fits the series. You can easily ignore the songs that you don't like and stick to what interests you since by this point, most Rock Band fans have a large enough song library that caters directly to their interests.

If your original post was directed toward me, re-read my post:

They should change the name to Rock & Pop Band at this point. Kelly Clarkson, Elton John, Pink.. wut

Not sure how you took my comment, pointing out how a game called "Rock Band" isn't focused on rock but a mixture of rock and pop, to mean that I'm "freaking out" about the track list. :roll:

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#5925 Derextreme

Derextreme

Do you even Sony?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

i was going to wait on counter strike, but since it'll support move i'm definitely for it. can't wait for it :D

#5926 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:40 AM

If your original post was directed toward me, re-read my post:

Not sure how you took my comment, pointing out how a game called "Rock Band" isn't focused on rock but a mixture of rock and pop, to mean that I'm "freaking out" about the track list. :roll:

This was the post that was directed at you, which I said nothing of the sort:

Don't play the songs that you don't like. Just focus on the songs that interest you.

I don't know how that was interpreted as being pissed off by breakfuss.

That post is called a general rant. It wasn't directed at anybody in particular, so you don't need to use the rolling eyes smiley.

#5927 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:48 AM

Cant decide whether or not to get Counterstrike, i have the feeling the skill level is gonna get pretty insane fast.

Plus, i never even played the PC version, feel like thats already a strike against me
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5928 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

Okay, these Death Mode levels are definitely getting more frustrating. Mechanica is driving me nuts. You'd think 20 coins in 63 seconds wouldn't be much of a problem.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#5929 gravel

gravel

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:05 AM

I'm interested in Rock Band Blitz because I loved Amplitude and Frequency, but I haven't played any other Rock Band games. How much do the RB3 tracks cost, and is there a list somewhere of the tracks available?

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Arkham Origins
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Inazuma Eleven
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed

#5930 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:05 AM

Hey Frisky, has Sony mentioned anything about GTA 3? I heard it was coming, but then it got delayed? I don't know. Thanks again for the PSN updates, you kick major ass duder.

#5931 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:15 AM

Jeeze, someone woke up on the wrong side of the thread, lol. Remind me to never piss off the raccoon guy. Anyway, I'm one of the few left that won't let go of my plastic instruments so I'm looking forward to Blitz. Heck of a value and the DLC compatibility just sweetens the deal. I'm glad they include pop stuff (Foster the People, zomg!!!!!!!) as pure metal packs tend to be a little heavy handed.

Frisky seems to be a very direct person. He's also a great asset to this thread and CAG.

Papo y Yo is the same thing as Papo & Yo, what are you guys talkin about? y means and in Spanish.

counter strike gun game...

and yeah y and and are the same thing, pretty funny reading all these posts.

I think we all knew this, we were just discussing the semantics between "&" and "y", and how it is officially pronounced. (Either "Papo and Yo" or "Papo y Yo".)

Hey Frisky, has Sony mentioned anything about GTA 3? I heard it was coming, but then it got delayed? I don't know. Thanks again for the PSN updates, you kick major ass duder.

I'm not Frisky, but I believe the latest news is that there was a problem with one of the licenses for one of the songs in the game. Someone might know more than me, but I think that's the latest news.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#5932 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

It was because of an issue with licensing for one of the songs in the game.

I'm interested in Rock Band Blitz because I loved Amplitude and Frequency, but I haven't played any other Rock Band games. How much do the RB3 tracks cost, and is there a list somewhere of the tracks available?

$2 each for most of the songs with packs of songs being cheaper per song.

http://en.wikipedia....ock_Band_series

#5933 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:19 AM

I'm not Frisky, but I believe the latest news is that there was a problem with one of the licenses for one of the songs in the game. Someone might know more than me, but I think that's the latest news.

Ah, well that's a load of horseshit. I hope they just take the song out. Thanks for shining some light on that doo!

#5934 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

Heh, I think the only free game I've touched from my Target price mistake is The Simpsons. And it's not because I already own them either, since 99% of them I don't.

I downloaded and played through Simpsons & Trine 2 while I had PS+ due to those codes from the end of last year or whatever. Since I grabbed a one month trial code from the PSN code drop thread I haven't seen a damn thing I'd waste the bandwidth on as of yet. Considering my free PS+ is up again at the end of this month and I don't see them doing any kinda decent sales I'm gonna say again that it was a fuckin' waste. Glad I didn't pay for it either time though or I'd have been pissed.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#5935 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:26 AM

^You just made gettinmoney's day. I know he was dying to hear how your free month of PS+ was going!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#5936 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:55 AM

Oh I know. I'll have the usual PS+ fanboy wagon train grabbing their torches and pitchforks because I dared to besmirch such a great(:lol::-#) service yet again.:razz:

Posted Image

#5937 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

^You just made gettinmoney's day. I know he was dying to hear how your free month of PS+ was going!

I'm still wonderin how he's gonna spend the $50 in his wallet though.

I think it's hilarious that he calls everything released on Plus so far as wastes of bandwidth but he constantly recommends that 5-in-1 Mini to anyone willing to listen.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#5938 Jodou

Jodou

Cant decide whether or not to get Counterstrike, i have the feeling the skill level is gonna get pretty insane fast.

Plus, i never even played the PC version, feel like thats already a strike against me

Hmmm, I'm not so sure; more than likely the pros will stick to PC, or at least this '1.3 for life' veteran would. Consoles are more for the fighting crowd TBH.

You would absolutely need a kb/m though to compete because controllers just don't match the precision. TBH, I'm not sure why they even bothered putting it on consoles. Moneygrab most like.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#5939 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:01 AM

I'm still wonderin how he's gonna spend the $50 in his wallet though.

Eventually. Once there's a sale on something I'd actually want(aka Deathspank Thongs Of Virtue for $7.50 and a few others).

I think it's hilarious that he calls everything released on Plus so far as wastes of bandwidth but he constantly recommends that 5-in-1 Mini to anyone willing to listen.

Downloading multi-gig games isn't my cup of tea. That's why I kinda wish I could've seperated my freebie digital copy of Saint's Row 2 from my Saint's Row The Third online pass and been able to trade that digital copy to someone else with better internet and more patience for downloading digital versions. By comparison, I love the lil minis since they're a couple mb's to at most a couple hundred mb's, so they don't take a lot of time to download and get playing.

Posted Image

#5940 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:12 AM

Going OT for a second here, but why don't PSN games have epic trailers like this? I want to play the shit out of this thing after seeing it and I don't even have a clue what it's about lol:

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg