Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#6271 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

Outland was boring for the first hour or two. It picks up. But it is just more asthetically pleasing than anything to me. Cool little game. And it gets pretty tough at the end. Especially the last two bosses. I am on the final boss right now. I died a couple times and turned it off last night. Ill try and get it done tonight.

I've been liking Outland so far. For the price (free), it is pretty solid platformer. I'm on the 2nd boss right now.
Posted Image

#6272 rpghope18

rpghope18

Never enough RPG's!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

At my job I supervise 7 people. Say, for Christmas, I gave each of them a $20 GC for a different place (let's say Walmart, Applebees, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Best Buy, McDonalds, and Texas Roadhouse). I'm sure they'd all be grateful to an extent, but I'm sure there would be some whining and complaining among themselves, trading, and even wondering why each person got each gift card. Each person would value each gift card differently.

Luckily I'm not stupid enough to do that. I would give each person a GC to the same store, and they'd all be content that A) they got something nice from me and B) since everyone got the same thing, it doesn't look like I'm showing any special favoritism to anyone.

Now I know that is example is a little bit simplistic compared to what all of PS+ entails, but maybe it's time for Sony to just focus on giving both EU and US the same content as much as possible.

While in most people's eyes they should be similar, also have to remember EU has a lot more boundaries it has to pass to get released. Every game has to pass numerous country standards and have languages included. So while a game might be quick to come out here, if it hits one hiccup over there it could hold up a release for weeks or months (like Dyad currently).

I don't know all the details of why certain games comes out here or there on PSN+. I'm sure there are some boundaries included in it that prevent each PSN+ being the same though. I just know everyone will never be happy.

Back on topic though, anyone interested in CS really should give it a shot. Played some yesterday and it is just as much fun as it was back in the old days. I didn't get to play every mode yet (hope to play more tonight). $15 ($12 PSN+) isn't too bad when you consider how much time you can spend playing.

Also, people wanting to know about how the controller works. I didn't have a problem with the feel since it plays like most FPS's. One plus side is you can change all the button layouts, so it leaves a lot to customize to what works best for you. Either way, I highly recommend since matches are quick and fun in short bursts or long sittings. :bouncy:

RPGHope18.png

#6273 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

While in most people's eyes they should be similar, also have to remember EU has a lot more boundaries it has to pass to get released. Every game has to pass numerous country standards and have languages included. So while a game might be quick to come out here, if it hits one hiccup over there it could hold up a release for weeks or months (like Dyad currently).

I don't know all the details of why certain games comes out here or there on PSN+. I'm sure there are some boundaries included in it that prevent each PSN+ being the same though. I just know everyone will never be happy.

You're right, it's not a simple 1 to 1 comparison, but I think they had to expect this kind of backlash by giving out such different things. Everybody wants what they can't have.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review

#6274 Monkeydrummer

Monkeydrummer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

I must be missing something. I don't see how to activate the steam overlay anywhere in CS:GO. I agree that it's pretty fun on the PS3. I haven't been able to try mouse & kb yet, but it's fine with the controller.

#6275 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

You're right, it's not a simple 1 to 1 comparison, but I think they had to expect this kind of backlash by giving out such different things. Everybody wants what they can't have.

It's not their fault though. Different regions means different laws, different licensing agreements, etc. It's gamers who are too stupid to realize this and think that the US is the same as the EU which is the same as Japan.

For example, remember when we thought Mickey Mania was going to be released in NA? Morgan Haro left this reply to someone who asked about it: "It was mentioned that this game could not release in NA since the emulation was only able to be done in PAL territories (Europe); so this title is not slated for release in NA at this time."

I don't know the exact reasons behind the differences but there are differences. It's not like Sony likes Europe more than North America. Gamers always act like these companies (whose only goal is to make money) prefers one region over another because of what is released there and not here.

If you want to stop feeling like you're getting the short end of the stick, stop lookin to see what other regions get.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6276 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

Haha. that sounds like some crazy isolationist talk. "Quit looking at other countries, and be happy with what you have!" lol

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#6277 Scenttii

Scenttii

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

So, I''m relatively new to the whole concept of Dust 514. I read up on it and it sounded like an awfully awesome game. I picked it up and while I don't usually like to complain about lag, it just feels off. While I know that it is a beta, some of the button responses feel too slow and it upsets me that I can't configure the controls. On that note, is it simple to plug in your keyboard and mouse onto the PS3? I've never actually tried it and I wonder if it's as simple as plugging it in and it works.

Is CS:GO trial any good? I automatically got it when my PS3 auto-updated, which was weird as hell.

#6278 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:19 PM

I must be missing something. I don't see how to activate the steam overlay anywhere in CS:GO. I agree that it's pretty fun on the PS3. I haven't been able to try mouse & kb yet, but it's fine with the controller.

That's because there isn't Steam overlay/integration in CS:GO on consoles. While they were initially going to make it cross-play like Portal 2, they abandoned that idea back in March. Here's an article about it: http://www.joystiq.c...ses-cross-play/

#6279 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

Do they have the Steam overlay like they do with Portal 2 on the PS3?

And yeah, it does. That's a really nice touch, and it got me to actually look at my Steam account again for the first time in MONTHS.

Is that guy lying? He said it does have the overlay.

decker%2001.jpg

#6280 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

It's not their fault though. Different regions means different laws, different licensing agreements, etc. It's gamers who are too stupid to realize this and think that the US is the same as the EU which is the same as Japan.

For example, remember when we thought Mickey Mania was going to be released in NA? Morgan Haro left this reply to someone who asked about it: "It was mentioned that this game could not release in NA since the emulation was only able to be done in PAL territories (Europe); so this title is not slated for release in NA at this time."

I don't know the exact reasons behind the differences but there are differences. It's not like Sony likes Europe more than North America. Gamers always act like these companies (whose only goal is to make money) prefers one region over another because of what is released there and not here.

If you want to stop feeling like you're getting the short end of the stick, stop lookin to see what other regions get.

Yeah but specifically referring to PS+, every free game released in Europe is available in NA and vice versa. The only difference (that I could see being plausible) is that the PS+ contract negotiations between SCEA/SCEE and the publishers are going differently. And I'm not trying to come off as a whiner per se, I just think Sony would be better served by going into contact negotiations with publishers where the publisher must make the game free for both regions.

Morgan Haro has even mentioned that SCEE and SCEA are using different strategies to test the markets and interest. I just think THAT is a bad strategy.

#6281 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

Yeah but specifically referring to PS+, every free game released in Europe is available in NA and vice versa. The only difference (that I could see being plausible) is that the PS+ contract negotiations between SCEA/SCEE and the publishers are going differently. And I'm not trying to come off as a whiner per se, I just think Sony would be better served by going into contact negotiations with publishers where the publisher must make the game free for both regions.

Morgan Haro has even mentioned that SCEE and SCEA are using different strategies to test the markets and interest. I just think THAT is a bad strategy.

Just to be clear though, my post wasn't specifically directed at you, just gamers in general.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6282 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

if i loved CS back in the day, will i like CS:GO on PS3 nowadays? i can't find reviews online for some reason.

#6283 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

I thought you meant the fact that you have to sign in to Steam to get into an online match. I don't know what you mean by the "overlay" exactly.

#6284 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

if i loved CS back in the day, will i like CS:GO on PS3 nowadays? i can't find reviews online for some reason.

Pre or post source? If it's the latter, then probably not. I quit CS after source sucked the life out of the game.

#6285 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

I don't know where the term overlay came from either, but I'm referring to cross-play which was what made Portal 2 so special. If you had read the article I linked to you'd see that Valve abandoned cross-play during the beta phase so they could offer constant updates to PC and Mac users. Which is something they can't do with consoles, and they didn't want one platform to hinder the other.

#6286 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

Needs more PSP/Vita sales. This thing is collecting dust since I finished P3P. I bought Knights in the Nightmare during that Atlus, is it worth cleaning the mothballs off my Vita for?

#6287 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

Just to be clear though, my post wasn't specifically directed at you, just gamers in general.

Gotcha.

#6288 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

Sorry for the confusion guys. Portal 2 has a Steam overlay -- in the same way that when you press Shift + Tab while playing a Steam game on a computer, with Portal 2, if you pressed (I think) Select, you could pull up a Steam overlay, showing you Steam News, Steam Friends and the like. It was a very cool integration of Steam into a console game that the 360 never showed any interest in trying. I thought it was cool and hoped that they continued that trend here. I guess not though.

decker%2001.jpg

#6289 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

cs: go seems kinda generic.... dunno if im going to pull the plug.
Posted Image

#6290 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

cs: go seems kinda generic.... dunno if im going to pull the plug.

Trigger?

#6291 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

You got me excited today was the drop (miscalculated the date). I have 900+ songs waiting for this game!

We're talking about blitz right:)

He was talking about Retro/Grade. ;)

Yeah, sorry about that. Fixed the post.

#6292 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

You can't slim down bone, stupid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

Wait...CSGO has bots? Can I play only against bots? If so I'm sold

#6293 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

I believe there's an offline mode to play against bots with difficulty settings that you can tweak.

#6294 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

yeah you can do bots only. i did a bot only round just to get the hang of things. then i played and tore shit up. ended up getting 44% trophies in an hour. I won an arms race 28/14 and was like bam hellz yeah make it rain. but then no trophy popped. then i read the rampage description. 28/0?! really. no way that is happening without boosting, and even boosting with buds against bots would be hard as hell.

also some rounds aren't full of real people either, so bots pop in and out. but you can also do bots only.

peace. and great game, brings me back 12 years to lan parties. haha. and it has dust/office. good stuff. i havnt seen the lone house level yet tho.

(with bot difficulty you can do no bots, harmless bots (but no awards given) and then casual, hard, veteran. or something like that. i did casual and it was easy fun.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#6295 rpmboy

rpmboy

EA Sports. It's not in the game. Please pay to unlock.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:55 PM

Played the CS:GO trial, might have to buy. Also, I set my auto downloader after the store updated because I forgot to turn it on, and I still got it.

#6296 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

then i read the rampage description. 28/0?! really. no way that is happening without boosting, and even boosting with buds against bots would be hard as hell.

Pfft, Cal-0 scrub. :lol:

#6297 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

it has to be in arms race tho, which is cod gun game. so you don't get to pick what weapon.
it cycles through smgs, shotguns, machine guns, sniper rifles, pistols and finally a golden knife.
it was so hard to win (i guess not too hard, i got it 2nd match) and i did 28/14 or so. to do it all without ever getting killed, and only on the two ffa maps they have, that's really gonna be hard.

and i don't know what Cal-O is, but i presume a gun in the game? i forget all the guns.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#6298 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:06 AM

Holy crap. I just started my PS3 and it gave me thelist of what it did.on the overnight PS+ update.

Wait for it:
Installed CS:GO
LBP karting beta

Updated saves.

I had already deleted.the LPB beta, so I.went to.delete it since it redownloaded it.

IT ISN'T LBP KARTING! they gave me Avatar the Game(as in Avatar movie with blue aliens) it as a PS+ logo next to the icon in my games folder.

WIERD

EDIT: I started it and it is the game. The info section has 52 minutes remaining.What the heck?

#6299 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:14 AM

It's the Full Game Trial.

#6300 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:20 AM

Holy crap. I just started my PS3 and it gave me thelist of what it did.on the overnight PS+ update.

Wait for it:
Installed CS:GO
LBP karting beta

Updated saves.

I had already deleted.the LPB beta, so I.went to.delete it since it redownloaded it.

IT ISN'T LBP KARTING! they gave me Avatar the Game(as in Avatar movie with blue aliens) it as a PS+ logo next to the icon in my games folder.

WIERD

EDIT: I started it and it is the game. The info section has 52 minutes remaining.What the heck?

I also don't know if you care but it also added the trophies to your account.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif