Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#6331 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

CounterStrike claimed a good part of my college life. Everytime I sit down it'd be a 3-5 hr session before I knew it. I know some people are even worse than that. haha

Yea.
I actually think i'm about to delete CS:Go from my PS3. Not because it's bad. Because it's so good, and I kicked the CS habit a decade ago... yet have already played maybe 7 hours today. it's past 4am right now.

the last thing i need is a CS addiction again. as much as i want. to. play.

it's so good.

#6332 eballarini

eballarini

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

Am i the only one who hated it? I mean, i played it with dualshock and the controls suck balls. The dualshock features are very limited, the game is probably a lot better with a keyboard. And please, i´m a consoler owner, if i wanted to play some game with keyboard/mouse i would play it on PC. I´m a huge CS fan, but that thing disapointed me. Guess sony will have my money next week, with the launch of THPS.

(I will apologize beforehand for my bad english , as i´m not a native english speaker. And you guys seriously need to stop correcting each other, how old are you?)

#6333 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6334 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

CS is a real mans shooter! They still have that "break that glass" stuff? Where the floor could be shot out and it was like a last man standing thing...or maybe that was just a mod. Im too old to remember.

#6335 eballarini

eballarini

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

CS is a real mans shooter! They still have that "break that glass" stuff? Where the floor could be shot out and it was like a last man standing thing...or maybe that was just a mod. Im too old to remember.

It was a fan-created map. Man, i really enjoyed that map.

#6336 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

well my next question is, is stuff like that available on the ps3 version? Cause im sure someone would do it again.

#6337 eballarini

eballarini

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

I have no idea. Maybe for the PC version. And then maybe they release the best created maps in DLC form. That´s a lot of maybes.

#6338 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:42 PM

Am i the only one who hated it? I mean, i played it with dualshock and the controls suck balls. The dualshock features are very limited, the game is probably a lot better with a keyboard.

Every button is mappable and sensitivity is really fine tunable (vertical and horizontal separate). I have my sensitivity at .95, .9. (Default is something like .5, .45 or something, which I agree, doesn't work for me, especially not online where you need to be fast).

I've changed almost every button (I prefer firing with R2, for example) and upped the sensitivity, so for me the controls are dead on. And there's a fantastic ability to customize it to your liking.

I can't think of another game with this level of care put into the mapping systems (most games can't even be mapped, and here, in addition to options like 'cycle secondary weapons', you can also hotkey specific grenades, etc, which is very useful), and to put icing on the cake, they gave you the option of using keyboard/mouse which is something ps3 users have been clamoring for in MANY games that might benefit from it... for them to actually do it is commendable.

Complaining about the controls is more indicative of you not tuning them or giving them a chance than any problem with them, because honestly, i don't know what else they could have done. They did far more than most.

Imo, the only valid complaint about the controls would be the lack of a 'down the sights' view, which is more a gameplay issue than a control issue. Honestly, though, that's something I got used to quickly. But since everything else can be set to your liking... yea, I don't buy that the 'controls suck'. And how in the world are "dualshock features are very limited" when you can re-map everything?

Edited by affa, 23 August 2012 - 04:56 PM.

#6339 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

You can't aim down the sights in Counterstrike? That's how I play every FPS. I'm glad I didn't buy it.

You didn't have to because shooting from the hip with any AR was dead accurate and took skill to handle the recoil properly. You'd probably enjoy the MP5 though, because you could still spray n' pray like a noob. ;)

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#6340 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

You didn't have to because shooting from the hip with any AR was dead accurate and took skill to handle the recoil properly. You'd probably enjoy the MP5 though, because you could still spray n' pray like a noob. ;)

If I want to aim down the sights, what makes you think I spray and pray? Handling recoil is easy, you shoot in bursts and slightly hold down on the right stick, big deal. Everything that has been said about Counterstrike so far makes it seem like a beginner FPS, which it probably was for a lot of you.

Edited by gettinmoney662, 23 August 2012 - 05:28 PM.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6341 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

i was wrong. you can get the plat in cs go with all offline bots. as long as they aren't on harmless difficulty. altho a few like knife vs knife and sniper vs sniper might be harder.

sniper vs sniper is easy but knife vs knife cannot be done offline

did
gold knife vs bot gold knife nothing
knife vs bot gold knife nothing
:cry:

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#6342 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:01 PM

CS GO patched 1.01. any idea what it did? can't find any info. peace all

lol @ gettinmoney calling cs an fps for newbs ;)

cs go just told me 'tests indicate the lower the iq the more fun is derived from this test' when i spent 2 minutes throwing grenades in weapons training, lol!

Edited by Velo214, 23 August 2012 - 07:03 PM.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#6343 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

Oh im just waiting for a CS vs New age shooters discussion

#6344 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

CS GO patched 1.01. any idea what it did? can't find any info. peace all

lol @ gettinmoney calling cs an fps for newbs ;)

Hey, if you're "deadly accurate" shooting from the hip with any assault rifle, that doesn't seem like it takes much skill.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6345 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

I wish CS:GO had crossplay like Portal 2 did, I really don't want to buy 2 copies for steam and console...

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
P0B2hzf.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#6346 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

Man, I'm getting all nostalgic watching random videos of 1.6. Reminds me of my awp-whoring days. The ORIGINAL quick-scoping game ha.

If I want to aim down the sights, what makes you think I spray and pray? Handling recoil is easy, you shoot in bursts and slightly hold down on the right stick, big deal. Everything that has been said about Counterstrike so far makes it seem like a beginner FPS, which it probably was for a lot of you.

Because aiming down the sights gives a higher degree of control than from the hip, so you can just spray n' pray. Try doing that in CS and you'll bounce all over the place, unless you have any skill.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#6347 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

Man, I'm getting all nostalgic watching random videos of 1.6. Reminds me of my awp-whoring days. The ORIGINAL quick-scoping game ha.

Because aiming down the sights gives a higher degree of control than from the hip, so you can just spray n' pray. Try doing that in CS and you'll bounce all over the place, unless you have any skill.

I've never seen someone link spray and pray with more control.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6348 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

http://blog.us.plays...s-this-tuesday/

Psychonauts will be out next week as a PS2 Classic.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#6349 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

So you can download and play it a mere six years after it became available to download on the Xbox 360.

decker%2001.jpg

#6350 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

Well better late than never. I still have yet to play Psychonauts.

#6351 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

Well better late than never. I still have yet to play Psychonauts.

Neither have I, it's sitting on my shelf though.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6352 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

Gary Whitta seems to be hinting at The Walking Dead episode 3 coming next week.

#6353 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

http://blog.us.plays...s-this-tuesday/

Psychonauts will be out next week as a PS2 Classic.

Well....that'll be the first PS2 Classic i buy. I loved that game so much.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6354 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

Gary Whitta seems to be hinting at The Walking Dead episode 3 coming next week.

maybe is for the xbox they got ep 2 before ps3

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#6355 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

CS:GO is a dope throwback to the old CS days. If that's your bag, get it!

#6356 Samuelc79

Samuelc79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

Since I am a PS Plus and have downloaded Ep 1, and Ep2 of Walking Dead, will I be able to play Ep3,4,5 with plus since I downloaded the first 2? Or not?

#6357 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

If you buy them, it should work fine. The only way you'll have an issue is if you cancel your sub since you'd need the first episode to play the rest.

#6358 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

Hmmm, I wonder if I should get Psychonauts. I have it on Steam (haven't played it yet) but I much prefer playing games on consoles rather than the computer.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6359 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:53 AM

The new PS Blogcast is out, so here are next week's releases:

Deals
Art of Fighting
The King of Fighters '94
The King of Fighters '95
The King of Fighters '96
Metal Slug 1
Metal Slug 2
Samurai Showdown
World Heroes

They aren't specific about the prices, but Jeff kind of says they may be about a buck. It also seems like it'll be most of the SNK games on sale along with the bundles for PS3/PSP.

Games
God of War Bundle - All Five Games - I'm not sure that it'll actually have God of War 3
Lights, Camera, Party! - Move Required
Madden NFL 13 - $59.99
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - $19.99
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - $39.99
Ratchet & Clank HD Collection - $29.99
Ratchet & Clank HD - $14.99
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando HD - $14.99
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal HD - $14.99
Record of Agarest War Zero
Rock Band Blitz - $14.99
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD - $14.99

PS2 Classics
Psychonauts - $9.99

Demos
Dungeon Twister
Rock Band Blitz

Add-ons
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Spelunker HD

Vita Games
Madden NFL 13 - $39.99

Coming to the Vita PS Store:

PSP
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

More details on PS1 Classics for Vita will be coming soon.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 24 August 2012 - 07:40 PM.

#6360 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:12 AM

The God of War Collection hits next week at stores also and has GoW3. So I would imagine the PSN download does.