Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#6421 rpg

rpg

Team Argentina

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:51 PM

seems so pic
Posted Image

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.pngramoscelebrates-2.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#6422 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

really wish I didnt pay for borderlands now. even if it was last year for the complete edition for like..$10 I think it was?

#6423 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

It's a smart move to make Borderlands free this month. Considering Borderlands 2 comes out this month, the people who never played it might be convinced to make the plunge on borderlands 2 even if they weren't expecting to.

#6424 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

so is Borderlands just the base game with no DLC included right? I was planning on getting the GOTY version soon in preparation for Borderlands 2 but PS+ just save me some money :)

O6d6OER.jpg

#6425 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

really wish I didnt pay for borderlands now. even if it was last year for the complete edition for like..$10 I think it was?

You would rather have the vanilla version for free than the GOTY version for $10?

Sweet, Tomba will be available on day 1 when the Vita gets PS1 support tomorrow.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6426 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

Some good stuff for Plus coming up, even if I have most of it. I highly recommend Greed Corp for anyone who hasn't tried it. It is a super fun (light) strategy game and for $2.50 you can't go wrong.

#6427 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

The DLC is worth that price alone. It adds a ton to an already lengthy game, and not just new zones either, new everything! I also bought it on the PSN sale last year and have no regrets, just sad that it's taking up a free game slot for plus member that already own it like myself. :)

125365.png

#6428 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

id love some more sales or freebies for some of the games that have never once been on sale. lot of repeat deals going on. got a lot of credit to spend.
Posted Image

#6429 rpg

rpg

Team Argentina

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

i bought it for $10 at bb few months ago and its worth every penny

the dlc is fantastic :bouncy:

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

#6430 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

Ditto, and it was actually $15. I only own two digital copies of full games, and Borderlands is one of them. :-(

id love some more sales or freebies for some of the games that have never once been on sale. lot of repeat deals going on. got a lot of credit to spend.

Spelunker HD is new at least and I'm excited about that. I own everything else (except that overpriced Move game) on Xbox.

Also, I was hoping for a few bucks off of Tony Hawk, but it will sell at full price so I can understand why they didn't want to discount it.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6431 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

Just a heads-up, people have reported online connectivity issues between disc-based and digital based versions of Borderlands -- especially when playing the DLC. I managed to get in about 20 minutes of playing time with a friend who had the digital DLC version of Dr. Ned when I played with the disc-based DLC before both of us froze (and it was pretty laggy the whole time). I should note that this was with the :360: and not the :ps3: console, but chances are they have the same issue.

#6432 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

http://blog.us.plays...-september-4th/

Here's the full post with the PS+ update for the next two weeks:

It’s been quite a week for PlayStation Plus since the last time we chatted. Earlier we announced that Plus will be coming to PS Vita and that it will also be getting an upgrade in Online Game Save storage (from 150MB to a beefy 1GB). We’ll have news for you on when these will hit and what these updates will be all about soon enough; until then, let’s take a look at some of the great discounts coming in at the end of the month, and let’s welcome PS3 Full Game Borderlands into the Instant Game Collection in September! It’s a lot to take in so without further ado, let’s get into the preview for the August 28th and September 4th PlayStation Plus updates.

August 28th PlayStation Plus Update

Lights, Camera, Party!

50% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular Price: $29.99, PS Plus Price: $15.00)

The essential party game for PlayStation Move owners is getting a giant discount for PlayStation Plus members. Fast-paced, funny, quick to set up, social and full of a variety of mini-games, challenges and Trophies, you’ll find an incredibly fun experience each time you play. Only one PS Move controller is needed to get everyone in on Lights, Camera, Party!

Space Channel 5: Part 2

40% off the Sale Price for PlayStation Plus Members (PSN Sale Price: $4.99, PS Plus Price: $2.99)

If you have yet to experience a Space Channel game, this is a great chance to do it. Space Channel Part 2 was released last year on PSN and took the remarkable rhythmic gameplay and charming story of the original Space Channel, and improved upon it in every way. It’s a steal at $2.99 for Plus members.

Spelunker HD (Game and DLC)

50% discount for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular Price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $5.00)

A widely considered classic is remade in HD and is now on the ultra cheap for Plus members. Explore underground worlds, collect treasures, and fend off enemies with Spelunker HD’s addictive gameplay rooted in old-school gaming concepts. While you’ll find the game on sale at $5.00, you can also snag the game’s all new DLC hitting with this update for about $1 a pop. You’ll find all new areas and stages to download if you’re craving more of that Spelunker HD action.

September 4th PlayStation Plus Update

Borderlands

Free for PlayStation Plus Members; Add-Ons 50% off

Just in time to get set for the release of Borderlands 2 on September 18th, we’re happy to deliver the original Borderlands free for Plus members! Visit the wasteland planet of Pandora and embark on a quest for the elusive Vault. Featuring extensive co-op integration that seamlessly blends the single-player and multiplayer experiences, Borderlands allows players to freely join or leave each other’s games at any time for collaborative mayhem or the freedom to choose to play in full single-player mode to experience the world on their own. Borderlands also includes a groundbreaking weapon generation system that offers a near infinite variety of weapons to the player. Borderlands combines these features with addictive non-stop action to form a breakthrough experience that challenges the conventions of modern shooters and RPGs. We’re also throwing a sale on all the remarkable Add-Ons for Borderlands as well for 2 weeks. They will be all 50% off, including amazing expansions like Zombie Island and New Revolution. Or grab the Add-On Bundle for 50% off as well.

Daytona USA

40% off the Sale Price for PlayStation Plus Members (PSN Price: $4.99, PS Plus Price: $2.99)

Get your rolling start ready and pick up SEGA’s Daytona USA for only $2.99. The original game, redone in HD delivers the classic racing experience, and brings in new features including online play.

Greed Corp

50% off the Sale Price for PlayStation Plus Members (PSN Sale Price: $4.99, PS Plus Price: $2.50)

Greed Corp is an award winning, innovative turn-based strategy game, situated in a world inspired by the industrial revolutions and their destructive effects on the environment. Find the delicate balance between harvesting the land for resources and preserving it to stay alive. Will you defend your territory or sacrifice it to keep it out of enemy hands?

That’s it for now; check the PlayStation Store Updates for more details as they come, and we’ll see you again soon to deliver more PlayStation Plus goodness through September and beyond. See you in the comments!

At 50% off, the add-ons will make it $20 total compared to the $15 that they charged for the GOTY bundle last year.

The Walking Dead Episodes 1/2 are going to be expiring with next week's update, so that's what Borderlands will be replacing.

#6433 rpg

rpg

Team Argentina

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

What game is Borderlands replacing?

Posted Image
+ Morgan Haro on August 27th, 2012 at 12:23 pm said:
Walking Dead Ep 1 and 2

#6434 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

Well the hope that we would be getting any more episodes seems dim now with it lasting 1 month. Maybe I am wrong but it would seem it will only be Episodes 1 + 2 to get people roped into buying the last 3.

#6435 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

Well the hope that we would be getting any more episodes seems dim now with it lasting 1 month. Maybe I am wrong but it would seem it will only be Episodes 1 + 2 to get people roped into buying the last 3.

That would be the most likely marketing angle. It's a free taste to get you hooked.

#6436 rpg

rpg

Team Argentina

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

its like Blue Toad Murder Files: The Mysteries of Little Riddle they gave ep 1 free then if u wanted 100% u needed to buy the rest works every time

#6437 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

Just one new for plus? Hope they add a few more next week.

#6438 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

Just one new for plus? Hope they add a few more next week.

Borderlands is for next week and there will be more during the rest of the month.

#6439 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

Twice in a row I owned the free game :(

Either way, maybe it'll FINALLY get my friends to play Borderlands, i want to try to platinum it before 2 comes
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6440 haku67

haku67

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

nice i'll gladly take borderlands for free :D

how is greed crops?

#6441 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

I shouldn't be complaining about PS+ which, at least for me, has been more than worth it so far, but is there anyone who has been interested in Borderlands that hasn't gotten it by this point?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#6442 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

My friends have been haunting me to buy the Borderlands dlc for weeks. Procrastination for the win!!!

KneeKnee.png

#6443 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

Am I remembering incorrectly or was there no PS3 games for PLUS in August? All we got was 2 eps of walking dead and Outland and Bloodrayne, all PSN titles? Were we 'supposed' to get a PS3 game or no, I can't remember what they promised.

I did start playing Outland and it's pretty fun, great design style. Haven't gotten into Bloodrayne yet, it seems a lot like Shank though.
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#6444 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

Were we 'supposed' to get a PS3 game or no, I can't remember what they promised.

No, we weren't "supposed" to get one. They didn't promise anything one way or another.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6445 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

I shouldn't be complaining about PS+ which, at least for me, has been more than worth it so far, but is there anyone who has been interested in Borderlands that hasn't gotten it by this point?

I feel the same way. If you don't own Borderlands by now, you don't want it. Disappointed this month.

On the other hand, there were months where all we got was a single PSN game that had previously been on sale like Mushroom Wars, so this is still better. But I wish that they'd bring back some of their other freebies like minis, PSOne Classics and free dynamic themes. Those have been few and far between since the "Instant Game Collection" was announced at E3.

decker%2001.jpg

#6446 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

I've never played Borderlands or had any interest in getting it So this is good for me.

Also i hope they drop the price on the Jak collection

And can't wait to play Castlevania Symphony of the night on my Vita

#6447 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is Spelunker in any way related to Spelunky on 360?

#6448 rpg

rpg

Team Argentina

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:30 PM

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is Spelunker in any way related to Spelunky on 360?

wiki says While not directly linked, the game Spelunky is an obvious nod with similar elements of game play, and mechanics.

http://en.wikipedia....er_(video_game)

#6449 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

Nice, I never played Space Channel 5 but heard good things, so I'll be picking up Space Channel 5: Part 2 for sure. Might as well grab Daytona USA too at that price.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#6450 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

Heads up if want to try Borderlands online. The community is filled with hackers, and while you may think it shouldn't affect you, it did to me. For some reason now my save file/main character quest log is all fucked up. Luckily the 2nd/3rd playthrough quest log was still intact.