Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#6961 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:09 AM

^Thanks. I think I'll pass on the DLC if it's really that tough. I do not have the patience (or even the talent) that some of you guys have. If I'm not going to be able to beat it, it will feel like a wasted $1.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6962 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:11 AM

^Thanks. I think I'll pass on the DLC if it's really that tough. I do not have the patience (or even the talent) that some of you guys have. If I'm not going to be able to beat it, it will feel like a wasted $1.

I platinumed Spelunker HD and it took me repeated attempts (as in losing all 50 of my lives) just to make it to 1-5. Granted, a lot of those were lost getting mural pieces and once you grab it, you don't have to worry about it again so I think I'll be able to beat them, it'll just take forever. I don't know about the co-op levels.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6963 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:37 AM

Also, how tough are the Spelunker HD DLC levels?

I just barely got around to playing the main game, after turning on the rope assist and learning the rules of the game, I got through the first 10 levels fairly easily, plus with the fact that you can save and go back at any time, even if the game is hard it seems like I should still be able to get through it.

So, is the DLC like way way way harder? I bought DLC pack #2 and beat the first 2 levels, though they were pretty damn tough. I know what I'm asking isn't exactly easy to answer, but any input would be great. And for anyone who's played both Spelunker and Super Meat Boy, are the DLC levels harder, about the same, or easier than Dark World in SMB?

Thanks.

Honestly speaking, they're pretty easy. HOWEVER there are some EXTREMELY difficult parts. Additionally they follow the same logic as the original game, so levels don't play get progressively harder. I would say EX levels rank in this order...

2, 8, 4, 1, 7, 3, 5 , 6 , 9 (easiest if you have a good partner online, but hardest alone.)

Currently EX 10 isn't out, so that could fall just about anywhere. In the end, unless you can figure out the levels quickly, you're going to break a controller. Then again, you can ask someone more knowledgable than me on CAG... I only beat EX 1 - 9 on the Japanese version (100% Mural / All trophies) and EX 1 - 8 on the American version (100% Mural / All trophies)

Edit:

Forgot to mention it, but I've been uploading hands on videos for over 6 months now. You can get an idea of what the first 1 - like 4 floors in each area are like.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#6964 Evt

Evt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:05 AM

Don't know if it has been mentioned, but apparently I just installed Borderlands and it apparently works with my GOTY install/save...

#6965 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:55 AM

Anybody playing Zen Pinball 2 and having a hard time getting 150 million for the trophy buy the Plants vs Zombies table. I played it 3 times and got 85 million. I'm not great at pinball as CAGs on my friends list can tell. It's a very fun table and looks beautiful on the PS3 and especially on the Vita.

I got my 2000 pt. trophy tonight on the PS3. After I played a game on my on Vita it popped. I heard some people were having trouble getting both to show up.

BumslieOG.png

#6966 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

I got the spelunker dlc, but I won't be touching it until I finish Ni no Kuni. If anyone is still playing by then, I'll look for some co-op action.

#6967 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:26 AM

I got the spelunker dlc, but I won't be touching it until I finish Ni no Kuni. If anyone is still playing by then, I'll look for some co-op action.

Me too I won't be touching it until I finish some games in here I might play with you then :D
:error:
Spoiler

#6968 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:33 AM

Just as a warning, the PSN Play credit has an expiration date of October 7, so don't wait around to redeem that credit if you want it.

Does anyone know who to contact if you didn't receive the message? I got an email that my PSN Play credit was waiting, but nothing in my message box. Is this a Sony Entertainment Network problem or a Playstation support problem?

#6969 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

Machinarium dropped in Europe last week and was free for PS+

Crossing my fingers that we get it for free as well. It's a beautiful little point and click title.

#6970 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

Though unannounced, I hope JSRHD gets a 20% PS+ discount. Probably won't happen, but I guy can hope.

I'd much rather enjoy the benefit of a discount than getting the game a week earlier for the same price. Though I wonder if there'll be a bunch deal for when the Vita version comes out & you can get both that and the PS3 version for a discount.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6971 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

Anybody playing Zen Pinball 2 and having a hard time getting 150 million for the trophy buy the Plants vs Zombies table. I played it 3 times and got 85 million. I'm not great at pinball as CAGs on my friends list can tell. It's a very fun table and looks beautiful on the PS3 and especially on the Vita.

I got my 2000 pt. trophy tonight on the PS3. After I played a game on my on Vita it popped. I heard some people were having trouble getting both to show up.

Thanks for the heads up on the pvz table. I was able to knock out two trophies with my first game on the spiderman table (2000 pt, and team points) but I had no clue how I was going to get that 150mil trohpy.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#6972 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

I hope you enjoy the table. It's my favorite table so far.

#6973 ECisMe

ECisMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

As someone who dislikes the Trophy system and doesn't bother chasing them (I saw people discussing this title in terms of buying it strictly for trophies, which is why I mention it), I will say that Daytona USA has enough content and polish to warrant the $3/$5. The game handles just like you remember Daytona USA handling, with all the powerslides and drafting that made it great. The graphics are smoothly scaled to 720p and the game runs a flawless 60fps with zero dips, which I think is important for an arcade port with precision handling techniques. There's wheel support, a variety of challenge modes and time trials, and even the old "CONGRATULATIONS You just lost your sponsors!" message made it in. If only I had someseat overheads blaring "Daaayyyytoonnaaaa" in my ears, I'd be right back in 1994.

#6974 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

Honestly speaking, they're pretty easy. HOWEVER there are some EXTREMELY difficult parts. Additionally they follow the same logic as the original game, so levels don't play get progressively harder. I would say EX levels rank in this order...

2, 8, 4, 1, 7, 3, 5 , 6 , 9 (easiest if you have a good partner online, but hardest alone.)

Currently EX 10 isn't out, so that could fall just about anywhere. In the end, unless you can figure out the levels quickly, you're going to break a controller. Then again, you can ask someone more knowledgable than me on CAG... I only beat EX 1 - 9 on the Japanese version (100% Mural / All trophies) and EX 1 - 8 on the American version (100% Mural / All trophies)

Edit:

Forgot to mention it, but I've been uploading hands on videos for over 6 months now. You can get an idea of what the first 1 - like 4 floors in each area are like.

*edit* Actually, I take this back. I thought I read that you said that somewhere.

Edited by gettinmoney662, 10 September 2012 - 04:28 PM.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6975 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

Before you call them easy, you should mention that you've played this game for over 1,000 hours.

*edit* Actually, I take this back. I thought I read that you said that somewhere but I can't find it so I'm not sure.

I played the original for a while, but my save file only reads 80 hours (this is including the EX levels, getting the platinum and all that). My pre EX level US save only read 10 hours and that WAS with the platinum (I held the fastest platinum time of 1 day 2 hours according to PSNProfiles). I also did Spelunker Black, which is a different version of the same game. My save for that is about 40 hours. This means I only have around 150 hours of game time. Yes, this is still quite high, but thats over a 3 year period. Finally I didn't say they were easy per say, I just said that they're easy with some extremely difficult parts.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#6976 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

I played the original for a while, but my save file only reads 80 hours (this is including the EX levels, getting the platinum and all that). My pre EX level US save only read 10 hours and that WAS with the platinum (I held the fastest platinum time of 1 day 2 hours according to PSNProfiles). I also did Spelunker Black, which is a different version of the same game. My save for that is about 40 hours. This means I only have around 150 hours of game time. Yes, this is still quite high, but thats over a 3 year period. Finally I didn't say they were easy per say, I just said that they're easy with some extremely difficult parts.

Yeah, I don't know where I thought I read that, I'll edit it out.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6977 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Yeah, I don't know where I thought I read that, I'll edit it out.

It's cool. I know where you're coming from, but at the same time I am offering a different opinion. Plenty of people thought the original game was hard, but I had no issues beating the US version in 1 sitting and getting to cycle 2 level 1-1 with 99 lives. Due to this, I wrote them in order of difficulty based off my experience. Like 9 was a JOKE, me and a friend got all the mural pieces on our first run and beat it with 49 lives remaining. With this in mind I also mentioned I uploaded videos of each area, because I strongly believe the title deserves more attention. You can find them all (EX 1 - 9) on my Youtube, with 5 - 10 minutes each.

#6978 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

Played the Sam and Max demo and promptly bit. I couldn't figure out how to get the swiss cheese till
Spoiler

It's also on sale on Xbox Live but my 1Tb hard drive in my PS3 made the decision for me.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#6979 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

Double Dragon Neon free on Day 1? Awesomeness.

You think the Wallace Wells/Online DLC delay was because of the base game being free tomorrow?

#6980 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

http://blog.us.plays...t-radio-access/

really weak drop. oh well.

where's our PS1 classics?

#6981 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

Im new to the PSN scene, so basically all those sales on the first page are for ps+ members?

#6982 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

Im new to the PSN scene, so basically all those sales on the first page are for ps+ members?

it's easily organized in a way where these questions don't need to be asked

#6983 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

http://blog.us.plays...t-radio-access/

really weak drop. oh well.

where's our PS1 classics?

I don't know this week's update looks decent for me, $40 for Max Payne 3 is a fantastic deal, I already have it on steam otherwise I would grab it. Also we get Scott Pilgrim for free, been looking forward to that all week

O6d6OER.jpg

#6984 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

how is a $40 DD of Max Payne 3 a fantastic deal?

#6985 liquidussnakeus

liquidussnakeus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

Really depends on which table you excel at to reach the goal, there's no restriction on what table to play to get the 150 mill trophy.

The only thing I can say is that the SFII table is gives out multiballs and save balls like there's no tomorrow due to its simplicity. Though expect grinding.

#6986 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

I was wondering the same thing. Amazon had GTA IV and Max Payne 3 both for $25 the other day... and Steam had the same deal for $30 I think...

#6987 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

Really depends on which table you excel at to reach the goal, there's no restriction on what table to play to get the 150 mill trophy.

The only thing I can say is that the SFII table is gives out multiballs and save balls like there's no tomorrow due to its simplicity. Though expect grinding.

I read someone say they got 200 mil on the PvZ table on their first try. Yeah, there's no restrictions, but this obviously seems like one of the easier ones to do it on.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6988 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

I was wondering the same thing. Amazon had GTA IV and Max Payne 3 both for $25 the other day... and Steam had the same deal for $30 I think...

I was also wondering how $40 for Max Payne 3 would be a fantastic deal. Hell, I don't even think $30 would be a fantastic deal.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6989 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

It includes the Season Pass. You were thinking of just the game.

#6990 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

It includes the Season Pass. You were thinking of just the game.

With the season pass it's 60$.