Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#7381 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:14 PM

Just saw FF3 on google playstore for $16

so maybe it will be $15-$20 on psn #bestlogicever

#7382 greenzsaber

greenzsaber

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

Just putting it out there, but the Borderlands DLC is no longer discounted for PS+ members. If the OP could be updated to reflect that, that'd be nice.

#7383 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

Did you see retro/grade free machinarium free or past games available on eu, free? I don't think it will

Oh I don't necessarily mean next month or even the next few months. Just saying there is precidence that they can offer it for free.

Just feeling burned the past couple months of free stuff that I bought when it was discounted but still haven't gotten around to playing and were eventually free, haha.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#7384 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

Just saw FF3 on google playstore for $16

so maybe it will be $15-$20 on psn #bestlogicever

I hadn't seen anything about the pricing of FF3 on IGN. $40 is ridiculous unless I was importing the UMD. I'll wait it out until around $20. I have the DS release and while I never finished it, it didn't grate on me like the FF4 on DS remake did. I guess because I only played maybe an hour of a hacked FF3 rom back in... 2000?

Maybe just Marvel and Tokyo Jungle for me then.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#7385 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

Tempted to buy Hell Yeah, but at the same time hoping it'll be free for US eventually since EU is getting it free in Oct...

It's a Sega game, therefore it'll be on sale eventually, possibly by the end of the year. The fact it's already discounted for PS+ is tempting, but I'm sure it'll be $10 or less soon enough.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7386 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

How long will the Tokyo Jungle discount be active? I can't get back to my PS3 until October 11. Why don't they let me buy stuff from the Internet? Or at least my Vita...

Also, whilst whining, if Square is charging $40 for FFIII, they're even further out of touch than Nintendo charging $40 for the digital NSMB2. FFIII is what, $10 on DS, $15 (already outrageous) on iOS? I'd even pay $20, but jeez.

#7387 BigPoeticCanine

BigPoeticCanine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

Also, whilst whining, if Square is charging $40 for FFIII, they're even further out of touch than Nintendo charging $40 for the digital NSMB2. FFIII is what, $10 on DS, $15 (already outrageous) on iOS? I'd even pay $20, but jeez.

Well, iirc, they ARE charging $30 for Final Fantasy Dimensions on iOS. I think that move is pretty ridiculous already, far removed from the pricing of NSMB2 or even FF3 if it's $20.

Currently Playing:
:pc: Titanfall
:psp: nothing

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps4: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

#7388 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Does the Rock Band sale end today? I've heard it does and I've heard it's a perm. price drop. Could anyone confirm? Thanks

#7389 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

For those unsure of Tokyo Jungle, Eurogamer has written a very entertaining review:
http://www.eurogamer...o-jungle-review.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#7390 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

For those unsure of Tokyo Jungle, Eurogamer has written a very entertaining review:

I planned to buy it to support the dev. Seeing the PS+ deal seals the deal.

#7391 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

bless you for bringing that to our attention

#7392 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

Just read the review. Had heard a little bit about this a while ago then totally forgot about it. Looks freaking awesome, just wish it was on Vita as well. I think I'll definitely be grabbing it today, even better if its got a ps+ discount

#7393 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Get These 8 PS3 Games Digitally On Release Day

Posted Image
http://blog.us.plays...on-release-day/

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png 1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#7394 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

Just read the review. Had heard a little bit about this a while ago then totally forgot about it. Looks freaking awesome, just wish it was on Vita as well. I think I'll definitely be grabbing it today, even better if its got a ps+ discount

Didn't even think about that. Would be a perfect crossplay game to have on both systems.

#7395 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

Get These 8 PS3 Games Digitally On Release Day

Posted Image
http://blog.us.plays...on-release-day/

At first I thought that was for free with PS Plus, what a deal that would be!

I don't understand how they expect these digital copies to sell well if they are the same price as their retail counterparts.

#7396 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

I don't understand how they expect these digital copies to sell well if they are the same price as their retail counterparts.

Yeah, the digital release on console won't sell that well. For me I like the trend that it's going but I will still like it cheaper since it doesn't have the packaging. Well, time to download Dead or Alive 5 on PSN tonight.

#7397 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

How long will the Tokyo Jungle discount be active? I can't get back to my PS3 until October 11. Why don't they let me buy stuff from the Internet? Or at least my Vita...

from the blog

You’ll be able to get TOKYO JUNGLE at a 20% discount for two weeks (until October 9th)!

In addition, we are giving away four DLC animals for free! These animals will only be free for one week (until October 2nd)

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png 1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#7398 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

Best game review ever... :!:
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#7399 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

It says 10% off for ps plus! Nice! Still not enough though but a step in the right direction!

#7400 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

Are you in Europe ? Hell yeah Wrath of the Dead Rabbit is free for Europe October 4th it wasn't mentioned for US but the same didn't happen with machinarium

Nope USA.

We have a list for all first week of October release in the states already?

Those games for free on release date?

"Deal" would be an understatement to the highest degree.

While I like the idea of having Day 1 digital copies, they really need to turn the prices down to reflect the fact that it's a digital only copy.

Why would I ever buy a digital copy instead of a physical when I can get it tax-less from amazon, release date shipping with a $10 promotion credit?

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#7401 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

Same here, I really don't understand the pricing of digital new releases.
With digital games being $55 or even $50, why anyone would prefer a digital over a physical copy?
Am I missing something?
Posted Image

#7402 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

With digital games being $55 or even $50, why anyone would prefer a digital over a physical copy?
Am I missing something?

It's not you that's missing something, it's Sony.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#7403 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

And most importantly, once a digital copy is done. It's done. Digitial copies can't be sold back or traded in.
Most of my used games now go back to Amazon for credit.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#7404 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

It's a Sega game, therefore it'll be on sale eventually, possibly by the end of the year. The fact it's already discounted for PS+ is tempting, but I'm sure it'll be $10 or less soon enough.

Yeah, I definitely think it will be $7.50 or lower in 6 months or so. The first couple reviews to come in haven't been all that great either. I'm definitely waiting.

Am I missing something?

It's not you that's missing something, it's Sony.

+1 to all these comments. I don't understand the appeal of day one digital purchases at all. Maybe it's just because we're all CAGs and we understand how much money we're leaving on the table by buying Day 1 digitally...is anyone here planning to buy any of these games digitally day 1? If so, maybe you could explain your reasoning behind it? I'd like to hear a well thought out answer.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#7405 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

yeah for new games i would always go disk so then you could trade it back in. only time i get full games on ps3 are when they are awesome deals like $15 for borderlands goty, i think like $10 for rfg and a few others.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#7406 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

Am I missing something?

As soon as Sony starts undercutting retailers with cheaper digital copies, they remove most/all motivation that retailers have in supporting that product. It's rather surprising that retailers aren't more vocal about having additional competition from Sony on day 1 of a new release.

This day-and-date practice of digital releases on PSN is just taking things one step closer to moving consumers over to a purely digital mindset. Sure it doesn't seem very appealing now but this seems like a transitional step to wean consumers off of 30+ years of buying physical copies of games. Just like the concept on online passes and the diminishing presence of instruction books. It's only a matter of time until digital copies are the only choice consumers have. :cry:

Edited by Thrinn, 25 September 2012 - 06:46 PM.

#7407 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

It's only a matter of time until digital copies are the only choice consumers have. :cry:

And that will be a sad day. I already have trouble with the concept of "owning" digital-only XBLA and PSN titles. I'd love to see some sort of digital 2nd hand PSN market (overseen by Sony) where you could sale your licenses to play games/DLC for a few bucks less than full price. So I could get a few bucks for selling my game, someone else could buy the game for a few bucks cheaper, and Sony and the Publisher can still take a little bit of the cut too.

I think Steam is starting to try something like this out, with in-game content I believe.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#7408 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

Surprisingly, these digital copies actually sell pretty well. What I don't understand is the people who seem to think the packaging makes up a significant portion of the costs. That's like pennies per copy.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#7409 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

Surprisingly, these digital copies actually sell pretty well. What I don't understand is the people who seem to think the packaging makes up a significant portion of the costs. That's like pennies per copy.

True, there are cost savings to digital distribution, but it's not really the packaging. It is somewhat the manufacturing, but that's probably a mosquito bite next to creating and storing physical inventory, dealing with retail companies and securing shelf space.
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#7410 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

Well, iirc, they ARE charging $30 for Final Fantasy Dimensions on iOS. I think that move is pretty ridiculous already, far removed from the pricing of NSMB2 or even FF3 if it's $20.

FFIII will be 20$ when the store updates later today so no need to cry at least more people will get it, I won't
:error:
Spoiler