Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#7471 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

Just bought TJ and I noticed that PSN is stupidly slow. 5 minutes in and I'm at 1% on a 7mb connection.

#7472 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:06 AM

Just bought TJ and I noticed that PSN is stupidly slow. 5 minutes in and I'm at 1% on a 7mb connection.

That's because Tuesday afternoon/night is the busiest time in the entire week.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#7473 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

I had forgotten this song/video existed.

I'm not sure if I should thank you or swear vengeance.

TJ finished downloading for me and I'm over half way done with StarHawk and that game is like 9gigs.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#7474 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:26 AM

Anyone else totally maxed out on themes? Anyone else baffled as to why there's a limit of themes, but not a limit on games or anything else? It seems stupid that I have a massive HDD with plenty (okay, a little bit) of space left and yet I have to delete some of my older PS3 themes into the ether if I want to download any new ones.

decker%2001.jpg

#7475 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:30 AM

Anyone else totally maxed out on themes? Anyone else baffled as to why there's a limit of themes, but not a limit on games or anything else? It seems stupid that I have a massive HDD with plenty (okay, a little bit) of space left and yet I have to delete some of my older PS3 themes into the ether if I want to download any new ones.

Ran into that a long time ago because I downloaded and installed every single free theme that was available, so I did the long process of scrolling down and deleting as many of them as I could since I mostly just use dynamic themes now.

#7476 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:44 AM

Ran into that a long time ago because I downloaded and installed every single free theme that was available, so I did the long process of scrolling down and deleting as many of them as I could since I mostly just use dynamic themes now.

What's the limit? I have maybe 30 or so.

#7477 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:46 AM

I prefer this video ;) (Let's Get) Physical by Revolting Cocks

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#7478 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:49 AM

What's the limit? I have maybe 30 or so.

I didn't bother to count, but it had to be a good 150 or so. I know I had all of the individual MLB team themes that they released for MLB 09 and all sorts of free themes from before I joined PS+. You have to be obsessive about downloading every theme you can find to even hit the limit.

Edit: Nevermind, did a quick count of what I currently have installed and it's at 237 at the moment, so the limit is probably around 300 or something ridiculous like that.

#7479 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

Your welcome Slade, I always take physical if I can.

BumslieOG.png

#7480 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:03 AM

Plug time. So I started a new video/article series on my site for games I won't/couldn't review and the first game is MotorStorm RC:

Here's the article that goes with it if you want to read about the game. The next video/article will be for MotorStorm Apocalypse, as I got the idea to do the two MotorStorm games that I never got around to covering.

#7481 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

And the cost drives me off the fence on One Piece and into the "Hell No" field. Can't see how Koei can cut corners on the release and still not pass some savings down to the customers, especially on a niche game. Oh well, maybe a sale later.

#7482 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:21 AM

Do you really think all of the animals are DLC or something? The stuff you're mentioning are in the game, but you just have to unlock them by getting further in the survival and story modes.

The gist is to play as one of 50+ animals and survive as long as possible, which changes depending on the animal you're controlling since some play more like an action game and others are like a stealth game.

No. I didn't realize the dlc animals were just early unlocks. Thought they were more exclusive. I'm not bitching (waiting patiently as the game downloads as i bought out), just found it humorous that those were the for freebies.

#7483 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:24 AM

They're not early unlocks. There are a few slots in the animal listings that are only available as DLC, but the vast majority of them are included with the game provided you do what you need to unlock them.

#7484 SCIENCEEE

SCIENCEEE

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:44 AM

the FF13-2 dlc discount is plus only, right?

#7485 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:50 AM

No. That's why it's not listed in the PS+ section.

#7486 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:01 AM

TJ finished downloading for me and I'm over half way done with StarHawk and that game is like 9gigs.

When did you start your download, what's your speed, and how are you connected?

I have a launch PS3 and I also noticed the WIFI chip is stupidly slow as well. At times the transfer speed dips as low as 2mb/s.

#7487 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:02 AM

I didn't bother to count, but it had to be a good 150 or so. I know I had all of the individual MLB team themes that they released for MLB 09 and all sorts of free themes from before I joined PS+. You have to be obsessive about downloading every theme you can find to even hit the limit.

Edit: Nevermind, did a quick count of what I currently have installed and it's at 237 at the moment, so the limit is probably around 300 or something ridiculous like that.

Yeah... uhhh... no one needs that many themes. =P

#7488 SCIENCEEE

SCIENCEEE

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:06 AM

No. That's why it's not listed in the PS+ section.

Thanks! I was confused because I saw it on the PSBlog first, and it seems like they do have it listed under it. Thank you for the clarification. :applause:

#7489 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:06 AM

They're not early unlocks. There are a few slots in the animal listings that are only available as DLC, but the vast majority of them are included with the game provided you do what you need to unlock them.

Fair enough. I have blinded myself to any leaks or info of this game. I knew i would buy it day 1 regardless...ps+ discount-$4 freebie dlc- anything.

I kiss your feet frisky for info you put here. My original point though was to poke fun at the $4 worth of dlc (small breed dogs and cats). I will happily take my ps+ dlc along with the free 3 costumes, along with the$$$ discount.

I'm drunk, just making peace and the info out for other members. Excellent value for the game: it was $60 overseas, now $15. $12 psn+ price plus $4 dlc makes it a $8 game: right?!?!

I know it's a Sony Japan first party game but i truly believe $8 is going to support the game makers paycheck

#7490 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:31 AM

I am super tempted to buy Tokyo Jungle but my backlog is ridiculous.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#7491 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:40 AM

I am super tempted to buy Tokyo Jungle but my backlog is ridiculous.

Same. Jest like everyone else. However, can you let thus bump up in the log?

#7492 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:57 AM

any word on when inFamous 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, and Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One will be going off of free games for Plus?

#7493 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:14 AM

Is the "Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Lightning Requiem Of The Goddess - $2.49" a permanent price drop or just a limited time deal?

#7494 GTR R35

GTR R35

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:28 AM

Fellaz,is this SP dlc? If so,is there more? Thx!-----Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Lightning Requiem Of The Goddess - $2.49

#7495 Camre

Camre

Duke of Earl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:32 AM

Fellaz,is this SP dlc? If so,is there more? Thx!-----Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Lightning Requiem Of The Goddess - $2.49

If you mean SP as in single player then yes. Its a SP game.

#7496 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

any word on when inFamous 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, and Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One will be going off of free games for Plus?

Welcome padawan. Infamous 2 and ratchet were the HUGE extravaganza in June (i believe). But I'm sure that info can be found in post #1

#7497 GTR R35

GTR R35

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:37 AM

If you mean SP as in single player then yes. Its a SP game.

Yes sir.There was suppose to be a small dlc of Lightnings story after you done with the game.Was just wondering if I'm looking at the right thing.

#7498 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

So in terms of FF 13-2 DLC, would the Lightning, Sazh, and Snow themed DLC story packs and the Lightning arena battle be considered the "essential" DLC for the game? I've heard the 3 other arena battles are useless since you have to be at the end game to be able to beat them and then you can't use them for anything else.

Thanks in advance.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#7499 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:42 AM

Is the "Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Lightning Requiem Of The Goddess - $2.49" a permanent price drop or just a limited time deal?

Blog lists it as sale prices.

Sales

Crazy Taxi – PSN Game (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)

Wakeboarding HD – PSN Game (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Add-On Content
LIGHTNING: REQUIEM OF THE GODDESS (now: $2.49 original price: $4.99)
MOG’S OUTFITS: A WONDROUS WARDROBE (now: $1.49 original price: $2.99)
NOEL’S OUTFIT: BLACK MAGE (now: $1.49 original price: $X2.99)
NOEL’S OUTFIT: EZIO AUDITORE (now: $1.49 original price: $2.99)
NOEL’S OUTFIT: N7 ARMOR (now: $1.49 original price: $2.99)
NOEL’S OUTFIT: SPACETIME GUARDIAN (now: $1.49 original price: $2.99)
OPPONENT: GILGAMESH (now: $1.99 original price: $3.99)
OPPONENT: LIGHTNING & AMODAR (now: $1.49 original price: $2.99)
OPPONENT: NABAAT (now: $1.49 original price: $2.99)
OPPONENT: PUPU (now: $0.99 original price: $1.99)
OPPONENT: ULTROS & TYPHON (now: $1.99 original price: $3.99)
SAZH: HEADS OR TAILS? (now: $2.49 original price: $4.99)
SERAH’S OUTFIT: BEACHWEAR (now: $1.49 original price: $2.99)
SERAH’S OUTFIT: N7 ARMOR (now: $1.49 original price: $2.99)
SERAH’S OUTFIT: WHITE MAGE (now: $1.49 original price: $2.99)
SNOW: PERPETUAL BATTLEFIELD (now: $1.99 original price: $3.99)

#7500 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:58 AM

Welcome padawan. Infamous 2 and ratchet were the HUGE extravaganza in June (i believe). But I'm sure that info can be found in post #1

Thanks yeah definitely stoked to see those on here. I still am not seeing how long they will be available on "post 1" so I'll just assume it's indefinite.