Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#7531 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

i'll probably only use it for PSN purchases before closing it when the interest free first year is over.

Just an FYI, closing lines of credit does have an impact on your FICO score/rating, but not to the degree of missing a payment.

Applying for and getting denied for new credit has a similar effect but it's not something to lose sleep over (unless you're applying for multiple lines and/or don't have a long history).

http://www.myfico.co...nyourscore.aspx

#7532 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

I agree, never cancel credit cards. Just cut the thing up and never use the account.

#7533 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

The multiplayer and single-player portions of Starhawk are completely separate as far as the PS+ version is concerned, so you can't unlock the multiplayer from within the single-player version. They're separate games as far as that is concerned.

Is the "Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Lightning Requiem Of The Goddess - $2.49" a permanent price drop or just a limited time deal?

If it's not listed as a permanent price drop, then it's a temporary sale.

any word on when inFamous 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, and Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One will be going off of free games for Plus?

Nobody knows, but it's a safe bet that they'll probably be long-term parts of the Instant Game Collection.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#7534 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

Just an FYI, closing lines of credit does have an impact on your FICO score/rating, but not to the degree of missing a payment.

Applying for and getting denied for new credit has a similar effect but it's not something to lose sleep over (unless you're applying for multiple lines and/or don't have a long history).

http://www.myfico.co...nyourscore.aspx

I agree, never cancel credit cards. Just cut the thing up and never use the account.

I personally don't think that having a ton of revolving credit is a good thing, but according to some Googling I did, it doesn't actually adversely affect your credit score. Still, I would rather shut down a card I never use and take a small hit on my credit score because I'd just feel more comfortable not having that line of credit out there.

That being said, if you pay your bills on time and don't let balances stay on your credit card for more than a month, your credit will be good enough to get you pretty much whatever you want.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#7535 Covnam

Covnam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

Does this card also have no foreign transaction fees? I couldn't find info about it on the site, but I was thinking of getting a capital one card for when I travel, so this would be a nice bonus.

#7536 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

Remote Play for Tokyo Jungle will be patched in, though there's no date at the moment.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7537 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

Starhawk is awesome. I played the Single Player, and I had fun with it. Didn't play online too much.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#7538 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:35 AM

Does anyone have this card and can actually vouch for it?

http://blog.us.plays...50-psn-voucher/

I'm not one to open up a million lines of credit, but now we're talking about $100 worth of swag for just opening an account and making one purchase. But I'm just wondering, there are legit no fees associated with the card, as in I can get approved, use the card once, get my rewards, then just never use the card again, and then close down the line of credit in 6 months to a year?

Oh wow, I might have to get another credit card, haha. I'll just use that one for PSN purchases.

In the blog comments a lot of people said their app got denied, so I tried to apply myself as I have a perfect credit rating. The app asks for all kinds of financial info like your bank balances and how much you have in your retirement accounts. I put all that in and was also denied approval.

This makes me think it's maybe some type of "legitimate" phishing scheme to collect financial info. The offer does sound in the "too good to be true" range, I'm sorry I wasted my time applying. I mean, my credit is about as good as you can get, so go figure why they wouldn't approve me.

Have you seen the type of people who comment on the PS Blog?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#7539 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

Oh wow, I might have to get another credit card, haha. I'll just use that one for PSN purchases.

Have you seen the type of people who comment on the PS Blog?

Haha that's a good point. I guess most 12 year olds and illiterates will generally get their credit card applications denied.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#7540 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:25 AM

I personally don't think that having a ton of revolving credit is a good thing, but according to some Googling I did, it doesn't actually adversely affect your credit score. Still, I would rather shut down a card I never use and take a small hit on my credit score because I'd just feel more comfortable not having that line of credit out there.

That being said, if you pay your bills on time and don't let balances stay on your credit card for more than a month, your credit will be good enough to get you pretty much whatever you want.

No, having lots of revolving credit helps your score, and you're more likely to get approved for more things at higher limits. It's counter-intuitive, but it's how it works. Don't ever cancel a card, unless there's an annual fee or you've reached a provider's limit and want to apply for more of their cards with awesome promos (Chase, for example). If you're worried about credit being "out there," just use an account aggregator like Mint and check everything once a month or so. You're never responsible for fraudulent charges, and with Mint you can catch anything before it becomes a huge hassle.

I'm a little tempted, especially with the 10% back on PSN, but $100 is barely worth it for a hard pull IMO. Heck, it's not even really $100 when you bring CAG pricing into it.

#7541 ynocturnal

ynocturnal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:57 AM

From PlayStation email (and I'm sure already posted)

Instant gratification–plus $20 when you spend $100.

With Day 1 Digital you can download the biggest Fall premieres the same day as store release. Plus, spend $100 in the PlayStation®Store during October and get $20 back. Pre-Order select titles and get an exclusive theme.

#7542 ynocturnal

ynocturnal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:00 AM

Based on the email, I'm holding off purchases until the 1st.

#7543 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:06 AM

With Day 1 Digital you can download the biggest Fall premieres the same day as store release. Plus, spend $100 in the PlayStation®Store during October and get $20 back. Pre-Order select titles and get an exclusive theme.

Haven't seen this, but if true not an awful deal. I don't think there's any way I'd $100 in a month unless they go crazy with sales, but still a decent deal.

#7544 ynocturnal

ynocturnal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

I agree but it might sway me to buy a Day 1 Digital release. That an owning a Vita it's possible.

#7545 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:24 AM

If you were in the beta test for LBP Vita, you should be getting an email with a code for a beta test vest.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#7546 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:24 AM

New Little King's Story : Oct 2nd (PSN Only -vita-)
DJ Max techinika tune : Oct 25th

thats well over $80, I think i can do this !!

edit : I don't see this information anywhere (e-mail/google)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#7547 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:47 AM

I wonder if getting a 12-month subscription to PS+ will count towards the promo, if it does I will buy that along with Dishonored which would put me over the $100 limit (enough to get $20 back)

AnQAzfm.png

#7548 ynocturnal

ynocturnal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:20 AM

I can take a screenshot of the email but everyone should have received it by now. Also, how do I post the screenshot?

#7549 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:05 AM

Finally got PS Plus and have been on a downloading frenzy since this morning. Who here played Outland? Tell me i'm not the only one that took almost 40 min to finally beat the Mother of Eyes.

#7550 traderd

traderd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:56 AM

Anybody know if you get the All Star game bonus that every retailer is giving out if you purchase NBA 2K13 through PSN? It doesn't say anything about that being included.

#7551 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:14 AM

:lol:Sony sent me a free one month PS+ code. More free themes & avatars for me. But if the listed $15 PS+ sub coupon in the @Gamer mag for next month somehow turned out to be true, that could be the thing to take me over to the dark side.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#7552 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:12 AM

Finally got PS Plus and have been on a downloading frenzy since this morning. Who here played Outland? Tell me i'm not the only one that took almost 40 min to finally beat the Mother of Eyes.

I don't remember having too much trouble with that boss (that's the spider one, right?). I did have a fair amount of trouble with the last 2 bosses though, so brace yourself.

Still, it's an awesome game. The final boss is one of my favorites bosses in recent memory. Challenging as hell but still fair, and very rewarding when I finally beat it.

#7553 htz

htz

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:28 AM

Was checking my email and found this from PSN. Looks like they are doing a spend $100 get $20 promo on all PSN purchases in October. If I remember correctly they did something similar last year.

Posted Image

#7554 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:44 AM

Nice, looks like I'm waiting till monday to buy One Piece then.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7555 GBH

GBH

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:51 AM

I hope they have a day 1 digital for gta V. I would totally share that with my one buddy and then preceed to to donuts on peoples nuts after i kill them. I miss gta IV but its still stuck in my phatty and the dlc is horrible for multiplayer.
I would have got marvel origins if it was 12(exactly how much is in my wallet) but now i will just wait until it's $7.50.
I Didn't Mean To

#7556 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:59 AM

I hope they have a day 1 digital for gta V. I would totally share that with my one buddy and then preceed to to donuts on peoples nuts after i kill them. I miss gta IV but its still stuck in my phatty and the dlc is horrible for multiplayer.
I would have got marvel origins if it was 12(exactly how much is in my wallet) but now i will just wait until it's $7.50.

I prefer the episodes for multiplayer in GTA, since at least the choppers in those games have some oomph behind their weapons. The Annihilator in GTA IV is only good for mowing people down by swooping down on them. Not to mention you have the SWAT tank with the big cannon on it, which is great for clearing traffic jams. ;)

As for GTA V, I'll definitely grab it via physical media and likely always will be buying games on physical format. Once they go digital only, then gaming will be done on prior gen consoles ONLY since I'm not paying $50+ for a fuckin' file with nothing I can resell if I get bored.:roll:

Posted Image

#7557 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:01 AM

Has anyone ever had a situation where they redeemed a online pass and it also gave them a free copy of the game? I just had it happen with Unit 13 a Vita game.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#7558 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:03 AM

I prefer the episodes for multiplayer in GTA, since at least the choppers in those games have some oomph behind their weapons. The Annihilator in GTA IV is only good for mowing people down by swooping down on them. Not to mention you have the SWAT tank with the big cannon on it, which is great for clearing traffic jams. ;)

As for GTA V, I'll definitely grab it via physical media and likely always will be buying games on physical format. Once they go digital only, then gaming will be done on prior gen consoles ONLY since I'm not paying $50+ for a fuckin' file with nothing I can resell if I get bored.:roll:

Long live Yusuf Amir

#7559 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:15 AM

Long live Yusuf Amir

:lol::applause:Some of the characters in the last GTA installment(s) were decent, but I really wish that Roman would've been the lead character in GTA IV. Niko was really boring and came off as whiny due to his whole 'I'm a killer but I hate being a killer' type shtick. :roll:

At least Roman had some personality, Niko was like playing through the game as a Pet Rock.

Posted Image

#7560 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

I don't remember having too much trouble with that boss (that's the spider one, right?). I did have a fair amount of trouble with the last 2 bosses though, so brace yourself.

Still, it's an awesome game. The final boss is one of my favorites bosses in recent memory. Challenging as hell but still fair, and very rewarding when I finally beat it.

Well rage quit the dragon (2nd to last) boss. lol. I've been trying to finish this game in one night but it's just stressing me out.