Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#7711 ECisMe

ECisMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

Does anyone know if NFL Blitz has up-to-date rosters?

#7712 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

Not sure if I'm gonna get Alex Kidd. I might as well wait for the 3-game collections on XBLA to go on sale for $5 & get that instead. Plus I've already played the game a few times on Sonic's UGC.

& not surprised that JSR being available a week early is low in the polls. I'd much rather have a discount than getting the game slightly earlier.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7713 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

What games are free right now on the instant game collection?

From the OP:

BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Borderlands - 3.3 GB - Ends 10/2
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX - 248 MB
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Renegade Ops - 2.6 GB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB
Sideway New York - 1.7 GB
Starhawk Single-Player Campaign - 9.4 GB - Ends 10/23
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - 6.1 GB

To be fair to you, the first post is pretty hard to read with all the bolding and non-bolding. I've read the posts twice to see if he still has the section where he talks about deals leaving and haven't seen it so I just don't know if I'm blind or he stopped putting that in there.

I'm with you.... I refuse to read the OP any more. It's a mess of information much of which is old or no longer "deals" instead being new MSRP and stuff. I just look at the last few pages once a week to see if there were any updates because I know I wouldn't find out anything from that OP.

These two posts are the most annoying that I ever, or sometimes never, see in this thread, as they're legitimate feedback that people hold back for no reason. There's zero reason that anybody that visits this thread should have to not speak your mind and tell me if you think something about the OP needs to be changed or at least reworked if it's not to your liking.

I started doing the bolding to help point out what's new each week, but if it's too much, I'll remove it as I just did. It's no big deal if it's that much of an issue. I'll have to look into other ways to better highlight what's new. I'm not quite sure what you're talking about with a list of what's leaving in the OP, as I take the list I include with the main update post and add expiration dates to what's leaving the next week.

As far as the OP having old info, I'm not sure what in the OP is old since I update it every week after the update happens and I double check my info with what's actually in the store. If I mess something up, let me know and I'll fix/remove it ASAP. It's not hard.

I'm not sure what you consider to not be "deals" since this thread is pointing out everything that is cheaper than it was the week before and the only thing that I can think you could be talking about are pre-orders w/bonuses, bundles, or games that have some sort of bonus for buying it at launch (avatars, theme, etc.), which I think are worth including in the OP. If people here don't think those are worth a mention, let me know.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#7714 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

Not sure if I'm gonna get Alex Kidd. I might as well wait for the 3-game collections on XBLA to go on sale for $5 & get that instead. Plus I've already played the game a few times on Sonic's UGC.

& not surprised that JSR being available a week early is low in the polls. I'd much rather have a discount than getting the game slightly earlier.

They did both for Jet Set Radio.

#7715 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

True, but on the poll, they only mention the early access. It was neat they included the discount (granted, it was small, but still was a nice addition), but overall, getting the game slightly earlier isn't a feature that's of interest to me for PS+.

In any case, I look forward to hearing what'll be added for the rest of the month.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7716 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

http://blog.us.plays...#comment-762489

About next week's PS+ offerings:

Thanks for posting that link. Specifically, someone mentioned* they were pissed the EU got Darksiders and Red Dead and we didn't, and Morgan replied "I think you'll be pleased with next week's announcement". So maybe we're getting one of those two, though I personally hope not as I've played through both on PS3 already.

*Since this is the PS Blog we're talking about, naturally the comment was written in a manner fitting a 12 year old crybaby douchebag.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#7717 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

how much is new little king's story?

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#7718 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

http://www.theverge....a-this-november Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD which has been on PS3 for a while now but it's finally coming to Vita this November. I think this and Jet Set Radio could be in the Vita's IGC.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#7719 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

In case you missed it, that Pay $100, Get $20 Back post mentions that The Walking Dead Episode Four will be out this month.

#7720 GBH

GBH

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

Darksiders next week would be a most welcomed edition to plus for me. Glad we are getting nfl blitz for free this week. I still can't believe people spend 50 bucks on maps or shitty games when they could sign up for plus.
I Didn't Mean To

#7721 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

http://www.theverge....a-this-november Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD which has been on PS3 for a while now but it's finally coming to Vita this November. I think this and Jet Set Radio could be in the Vita's IGC.

I'm betting on Uncharted and Wipeout in the Vita IGC. Gravity Rush is a possibility, but that's still a system seller. We'll definitely see it in the IGC eventually though.
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#7722 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

Darksiders next week would be a most welcomed edition to plus for me. Glad we are getting nfl blitz for free this week. I still can't believe people spend 50 bucks on maps or shitty games when they could sign up for plus.

For me, I was made by my friends to get those maps. I still regret it to this day. Oh well, time to buy another year of Playstation Plus. It's been to me.

#7723 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

These two posts are the most annoying that I ever, or sometimes never, see in this thread, as they're legitimate feedback that people hold back for no reason. There's zero reason that anybody that visits this thread should have to not speak your mind and tell me if you think something about the OP needs to be changed or at least reworked if it's not to your liking.

I started doing the bolding to help point out what's new each week, but if it's too much, I'll remove it as I just did. It's no big deal if it's that much of an issue. I'll have to look into other ways to better highlight what's new. I'm not quite sure what you're talking about with a list of what's leaving in the OP, as I take the list I include with the main update post and add expiration dates to what's leaving the next week.

As far as the OP having old info, I'm not sure what in the OP is old since I update it every week after the update happens and I double check my info with what's actually in the store. If I mess something up, let me know and I'll fix/remove it ASAP. It's not hard.

I'm not sure what you consider to not be "deals" since this thread is pointing out everything that is cheaper than it was the week before and the only thing that I can think you could be talking about are pre-orders w/bonuses, bundles, or games that have some sort of bonus for buying it at launch (avatars, theme, etc.), which I think are worth including in the OP. If people here don't think those are worth a mention, let me know.

I had a feeling you'd get pretty defensive over those two posts, although most of it seems to be from the other guy's post, which is probably why people are hesitant to offer criticism.

Anyways, I thought you had a section for what was leaving at the end of each week/month for Plus instead of just adding expiration dates when things are leaving. It seems easier to do it the first way but if the second way has been working, you don't need to change it. I almost never look at the OP, not because it's terrible, but because I almost never need to, so that's where the ignorance about said section comes from.

It looks like you already removed the bolding or I would have been able to help more on what was the problem. I think it was because you also had the items in alphabetical order, so when you have two bold things sandwiching a non bolded item, it's hard to read. One possible suggestion could be just forego the bolding altogether and if people want to know what's new, then they can just look at the OP each week and see what's changed or just see what they're interested in. Another is to make another sub-section that has the new stuff, but that's just adding more to the OP.

With that said, the reason I didn't bring any of this up the moment I experienced it is cause I simply did not think it was that big of a deal to bring up. Unlike most people on this site (and gamers in general), I don't love to complain, especially about something so trivial that most people seem to not have a problem with.

Thanks for posting that link. Specifically, someone mentioned* they were pissed the EU got Darksiders and Red Dead and we didn't, and Morgan replied "I think you'll be pleased with next week's announcement". So maybe we're getting one of those two, though I personally hope not as I've played through both on PS3 already.

*Since this is the PS Blog we're talking about, naturally the comment was written in a manner fitting a 12 year old crybaby douchebag.

You're becoming one of my favorite members on here.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#7724 zeldaking

zeldaking

I LOVE BOOBS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

I hope it is Red Dead myself.

#7725 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

Agreed on the Darksiders - I played through it swiftly on 360 and enjoyed it, it'd be nice to pick it up for another go to try and dig deeper in to what's hiding in that game.

MildObstruction.png

#7726 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

Sweet! I'm hoping for Red Dead Redemption. That would be the first retail-scale game that I actually play, of the many that PS+ has given us so far (excepting LBP2, since I already had the disc version anyway). None of the other big-name, retail-scale games have interested me, but the smaller PSN games have mostly been great, so no complaints here.

Looking forward to the free NFL Blitz, too. I generally hate football, but I greatly enjoyed NFL Blitz and NFL Blitz 2000 as a kid, perhaps because they felt more like wacky, fast-paced arcade games than Maddenesque football sims.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#7727 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:36 PM

So Blitz is the only free game coming out this month? Why don't they change up the games every month, I mean, you can keep them on your Hard Drive as long as you downloaded them, a month to do it is plenty of time.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#7728 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

You're becoming one of my favorite members on here.

Haha thanks. You've been one of my favorites for a while. Every time someone posts something really stupid in this thread, I usually try to come up with a good response. I eventually give up because I know you'll take care of it, usually with more wit and vitriol than I can think up. :)

So Blitz is the only free game coming out this month? Why don't they change up the games every month, I mean, you can keep them on your Hard Drive as long as you downloaded them, a month to do it is plenty of time.

.......... :D

Check out my CAG Blog!

#7729 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

I had a feeling you'd get pretty defensive over those two posts, although most of it seems to be from the other guy's post, which is probably why people are hesitant to offer criticism.

Anyways, I thought you had a section for what was leaving at the end of each week/month for Plus instead of just adding expiration dates when things are leaving. It seems easier to do it the first way but if the second way has been working, you don't need to change it. I almost never look at the OP, not because it's terrible, but because I almost never need to, so that's where the ignorance about said section comes from.

It looks like you already removed the bolding or I would have been able to help more on what was the problem. I think it was because you also had the items in alphabetical order, so when you have two bold things sandwiching a non bolded item, it's hard to read. One possible suggestion could be just forego the bolding altogether and if people want to know what's new, then they can just look at the OP each week and see what's changed or just see what they're interested in. Another is to make another sub-section that has the new stuff, but that's just adding more to the OP.

With that said, the reason I didn't bring any of this up the moment I experienced it is cause I simply did not think it was that big of a deal to bring up. Unlike most people on this site (and gamers in general), I don't love to complain, especially about something so trivial that most people seem to not have a problem with.

That post wasn't defensive at all. I genuinely want constructive criticism and hate when people refuse to offer it because they are afraid that I'll murder them or whatever it is.

I want to make the best thread for you guys that has all of the information that you want presented in the best way possible, but that's hard when nobody points out mistakes or issues. When I make tweaks and don't hear feedback, I have to assume that it's a good change, so of course I'm annoyed when I hear that it's not.

#7730 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

they've changed to weekly PS+ updates

we're going to get more free stuff this month we just don't know what yet

#7731 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

They still do change up the games every month, and they now only announce Plus offerings for each week. So there is more to come, we just don't know exactly what yet.

Haha thanks. You've been one of my favorites for a while. Every time someone posts something really stupid in this thread, I usually try to come up with a good response. I eventually give up because I know you'll take care of it, usually with more wit and vitriol than I can think up.

Haha, that's why I said that, because you're another person that seems to not only not tolerate stupidity, but to attack the person for being stupid, which is how it should be. I'm sick of seeing these people defend the stupid or make excuses for the stupid. Stupidity should not be tolerated.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#7732 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

No, it's the only game coming this week. They don't announce new PS+ content beyond the current week anymore.

#7733 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:02 AM

That post wasn't defensive at all. I genuinely want constructive criticism and hate when people refuse to offer it because they are afraid that I'll murder them or whatever it is.

I want to make the best thread for you guys that has all of the information that you want presented in the best way possible, but that's hard when nobody points out mistakes or issues. When I make tweaks and don't hear feedback, I have to assume that it's a good change, so of course I'm annoyed when I hear that it's not.

Well, you did call it one of the most annoying post types in this thread.

And, to be honest, you do come off as an asshole in some of your replies to people, which other people have pointed out. I know that's not your intent, but I guess it's just the way you type things out. I come off as an asshole to most people but that's usually always my intent.

But like I said, most people don't seem to have a problem with it and I didn't even consider it a major problem, which is why I didn't bring it up. You shouldn't change the OP for every person who says something.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#7734 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

PS Vita 32GB card for $60.70:
http://www.amazon.co...&condition=used

Act fast. One left!

AND GONE.

Edited by o0achilles0o, 02 October 2012 - 12:09 AM.
Gone

#7735 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

FWIW, I think the OP looks really good. At this point, there has to be 2 sections like Frisky has, regular deals and PS+ deals. There's no real way to streamline it, and I think it's still better to list the normal deals above the PS+ deals. Maybe the "PlayStation Plus" header could be bigger (and possibly a different color) to let people better know that they've entered the PS+ section of the deals.

As for the complaints of too much stuff in the OP, I'd rather have everything be there than have something be left out. Maybe color tags could be used for "New this week" and "Ending this week" where applicable, but I also understand not wanting to make the OP look like a circus. (He also does provide a link to see all the new content every week right at the top)

There's definitely never old info in the OP, as far as I know.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#7736 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

While we're giving constructive feedback to FriskyTanuki:

The "Upcoming Deals" post (the first reply) is something I used to check regularly, but since it hasn't been updated in three weeks, I just check the most recent two/three pages of replies these days to see what's being added.

The "Current Deals" post looks great, though.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#7737 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

Well, you did call it one of the most annoying post types in this thread.

And, to be honest, you do come off as an asshole in some of your replies to people, which other people have pointed out. I know that's not your intent, but I guess it's just the way you type things out. I come off as an asshole to most people but that's usually always my intent.

But like I said, most people don't seem to have a problem with it and I didn't even consider it a major problem, which is why I didn't bring it up. You shouldn't change the OP for every person who says something.

Saying it's annoying is defensive now? I think it's a fair descriptor for the types of posts I rarely ever get and sometimes have to go outside of this thread just to find, which is crazy since I've never been one to shun suggestions. You have no problems yelling at people asking stupid questions, but you almost hold back on saying "You might have gone a bit overboard with bolding in the OP"?

I thought the overuse of bolding was a legitimate point, so I don't see why this sort of stuff should be held back if you think the OP would be better off without it. I can tell the difference between legit criticism and weird stuff that says the OP shouldn't have "deals", so don't worry about me.

#7738 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

While we're giving constructive feedback to FriskyTanuki:

The "Upcoming Deals" post (the first reply) is something I used to check regularly, but since it hasn't been updated in three weeks, I just check the most recent two/three pages of replies these days to see what's being added.

The "Current Deals" post looks great, though.

The problem with that is that we rarely know much about upcoming deals ahead of time besides the big theme sales. The monthly PS+ posts used to help point out normal PSN sales and such, but the weekly format mostly kills the "Upcoming" aspect of that second post since that stuff is announced the day before it happens.

I need to delete stuff out of that post when nothing's on sale, which is how it usually looks anyway.

#7739 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:31 AM

Saying it's annoying is defensive now? I think it's a fair descriptor for the types of posts I rarely ever get and sometimes have to go outside of this thread just to find, which is crazy since I've never been one to shun suggestions. You have no problems yelling at people asking stupid questions, but you almost hold back on saying "You might have gone a bit overboard with bolding in the OP"?

I thought the overuse of bolding was a legitimate point, so I don't see why this sort of stuff should be held back if you think the OP would be better off without it. I can tell the difference between legit criticism and weird stuff that says the OP shouldn't have "deals", so don't worry about me.

Yes, if someone says my post is annoying, that seems mildly insulting.

I told you why I "held back," I didn't think it was a big deal at all. Like I said, I almost never use the OP, I just follow this thread daily (actually multiple times per day) so I don't have any use for the OP. Therefore, I didn't think an extremely minor complaint I had about the OP was warranted because I never use the OP. Nothing against it, I just don't need it.

I think I've built up quite a reputation on this site for not holding back. The only reason it came up was because I made fun of the guy for not checking the OP and then said, to be fair, I thought it was hard to read. Big deal.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#7740 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:22 AM

FWIW, I think the OP looks really good. At this point, there has to be 2 sections like Frisky has, regular deals and PS+ deals. There's no real way to streamline it, and I think it's still better to list the normal deals above the PS+ deals. Maybe the "PlayStation Plus" header could be bigger (and possibly a different color) to let people better know that they've entered the PS+ section of the deals.

As for the complaints of too much stuff in the OP, I'd rather have everything be there than have something be left out. Maybe color tags could be used for "New this week" and "Ending this week" where applicable, but I also understand not wanting to make the OP look like a circus. (He also does provide a link to see all the new content every week right at the top)

There's definitely never old info in the OP, as far as I know.

I can probably do something similar to what I do in my other PSN thread, which uses colored asterisks to avoid coloring the text while still conveying the message of what they mean. I agree that colored text can turn an OP into a circus if it's not limited in use.