Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#7801 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

Last Chance (Leaving on 10/9)

Discount — Alex Kidd in Miracle World (80% Off) – PS Plus Price: $1.00

I think that Alex Kidd is different than the PS3 Genesis Collection one (Sonic Collection???).
Is that right? The disc version one was Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle?

#7802 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

One last thing the image still continues the same on both versions stating that ALL DLC is only 1$ fucking nice the cache version is from today so when he saw he made a mistake and the store was updated he came back and changed the 80% to 50% right on

Posted Image

It may just be me, but that image in no way says get every piece of DLC for $1 at all. It clearly says all DLC $1, meaning every piece of DLC is now priced at $1

#7803 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

I think that Alex Kidd is different than the PS3 Genesis Collection one (Sonic Collection???).
Is that right? The disc version one was Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle?

Yes indeed this one is another title the other one was in the Enchanted Castle this one is in the Miracle World

It may just be me, but that image in no way says get every piece of DLC for $1 at all. It clearly says all DLC $1, meaning every piece of DLC is now priced at $1

Well then blame them for making a poor presentation and writing ALL DLC as in a bundle that for only 1$ you get everything from EX2 to EX10 but you could say they fucked it up when they put the discount to be 80% and clearly it wasn't so the image would be wrongly advertising right from the beginning, when errors are made like that
:error:
Spoiler

#7804 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

Maybe you are not paying attention to little details but I am and regarding english I'm sorry but this isn't my main language.

Here:
on the Playstation Plus Update on the Morgan Haro Drunk guy Community Manager Laughing guy:

tinyurl (dot) com
http://$$$$$$$$$$$$/spelunkerhdripoff
This is the cache from Playstation Plus Update if you want to see it the normal way:

just go to google and write:
cache:http://blog.us.plays...he-plus-roster/

-----------
Then the normal version:
http://blog.us.plays...he-plus-roster/

----

What are the differences

Version before:

Spelunker HD — 50% discount (Regular Price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $5.00) All DLC 80% Off (Regular Price: $4.99, PS Plus Price: $1.00)

Posted Image
Spelunker HD is no stranger to Plus members, as earlier last month we had a similar deal for the game. Fans (and to-be-fans) of the game will be excited to note that the new DLC releasing with the October 2nd Store Update (Area EX9 and Area EX10) will be joining the rest of the DLC with an 80% off discount — about $1 per Add-On. The game itself is going back on the 50% off deal as well, so get on it!
--------------------------------

Version after:

Spelunker HD — 50% discount (Regular Price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $5.00) All DLC 50% Off (Regular Price: $1.99, PS Plus Price: $1.00)

Posted Image
Spelunker HD is no stranger to Plus members, as earlier last month we had a similar deal for the game. Fans (and to-be-fans) of the game will be excited to note that the new DLC releasing with the October 2nd Store Update (Area EX9 and Area EX10) will be joining the rest of the DLC with a 50% off discount — about $1 per Add-On. The game itself is going back on the 50% off deal as well, so get on it!

----

One last thing the image still continues the same on both versions stating that ALL DLC is only 1$ fucking nice the cache version is from today so when he saw he made a mistake and the store was updated he came back and changed the 80% to 50% right on

Posted Image

Ohhh, gotcha, so he made a mistake and then fixed it. That piece of shit.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#7805 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

I just wanted to prove my point that from the beginning with Spelunker HD they have doing mistakes with the title.

Also for some news Worms Revolution is coming next week for Europe October 10th maybe Worms Revolution will come in October 9th for US, regarding Arkedo Series it is releasing on October 16th on Us everything only for 5.99$ instead of needing to be purchased individually, as what is happenning on Europe
Spoiler

#7806 munkywawa

munkywawa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

Now I can't stop imagining Morgan Haro Drunk guy Community Manager Laughing guy sitting at his computer. "Now that I've taken those shots of vodka, how am I going to screw with realit3y this week? I know, I'll say all Spelunker DLC is 80% off instead of 50%! Mwahahahaha!"

#7807 Chocoburger

Chocoburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

Bah...I missed the sale on FFXIII-2 DLC :bomb:

I came to post the same thing! :cold:
Did not expect the store to update this early since Sony usually updates in the afternoon. Oh well, I won't be playing FFXIII-2 for a couple years from now, so I can just get the DLC when it goes on sale again.

Edit: I'd like a few NiGHTS thoughts if any of you guys or gals have them? I plan on buying it myself, but there's no discussion yet on the port on GameFaqs, which is surprising. I'm a little bit worried since the JSR port was pretty bad, including but not limited to, save file corruption. :(

#7808 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

Aaaand I'm now wanting to get Zero Escape after playing the demo. Even the evil geisha rabbit that tells bunny puns somehow adds to the atmosphere of the game. Though 1/2 the time I used the touchscreen, I REALLY wished I had a stylus (especially when writing in the memo). A shame I can't pre-order to get that neat watch. Oh well, guess I can wait until it gets discounted or Aksys makes more like they did w/ 999.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7809 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

Am I the only one who saw that and was like, "Fuck yeah, NFL Blitz!"? Also, I downloaded Spelunker last time it was on sale, but never got the DLC. Is it worth it? Might as well pick up Alex Kidd for a buck, too.

#7810 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

Hey Frisky!,

I was reading something about changing the OP on 1 of these pages. Just so you know, when you put what's new for PS+ in Bold, that is VERY helpful! Don't change that part!:D I feel your way of managing the OP is better.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#7811 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

Here are the new deals for this week (Full Update Here):

PS3
Assassin's Creed III Gold Edition + Assassin's Creed III: Liberation Vita - $119.99 - Includes ACIII + Season Pass + ACIII Vita - Pre-order
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Assassin's Creed: Revelations - $29.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Foosball 2012 - $5.99 - Includes Vita Version - Temporary Sale
Hyperballoid HD - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Saint's Row: The Third - $39.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PSP
Susume Tactics! - PSP - $2.49 - Temporary Sale

Vita
Foosball 2012 - Vita - Includes PS3 Version - Temporary Sale

Add-ons
Dead or Alive 5 - Costume Pack 1 - Free
Street Fighter X Tekken - Boost Gem Trial Pack 6 - Free
Street Fighter X Tekken - Color Palette Add On 8 - Free

Apps
Neon Alley - Free - 15 MB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Alex Kidd in Miracle World - $1.00 - Ends 10/9
Dishonored - $53.99 - Pre-order w/exclusive theme
Doom BFG Edition - $35.99 - Pre-order w/exclusive theme
Need for Speed Most Wanted - $53.99 - Pre-order w/exclusive theme
Spelunker HD - $5.00
Spelunker HD - Championship Area 2: Nasty Cave with a Stream - $1
Spelunker HD - Championship Area 3: Fiendish Ancient Ruins - $1
Spelunker HD - Championship Area 4: Frigid Icy Depths - $1
Spelunker HD - Championship Area 5: Ancient Creasure's Fossils - $1
Spelunker HD - Championship Area 6: Cave of Glowing Moss - $1
Spelunker HD - Championship Area 7: Scorching Cave - $1
Spelunker HD - Championship Area 8: Mysterious Mining Facility - $1
Spelunker HD - Championship Area 9: Unforgiving Characters - $1
Spelunker HD - Championship Area 10: Heinous Creature's Lair - $1

Games
NFL Blitz

Full Game Trial
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - 9.2 GB

Expiring next week for PS+:

Deals
Alex Kidd in Miracle World - $1.00
Dishonored - $53.99 - Pre-order w/exclusive theme
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - $11.99
Tokyo Jungle - $11.99

Games
Sideway New York
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Add-ons
Tokyo Jungle - Fat Cat
Tokyo Jungle - Pomeranian Black
Tokyo Jungle - Pomeranian White
Tokyo Jungle - Silky Terrier

Added to the Vita's PS Store:

PS1 Classics
Breath of Fire IV
Chrono Cross
Chrono Trigger
Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness
Darkstalkers
Darkstalkers 3
Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis 2
Fighting Force
Final Fantast VI
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy Tactics
Gex
Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko
Legend of Mana
Mega Man
Mega Man 2
Maga Man 3
Mega Man 4
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve II
Pocket Fighter
Resident Evil Director’s Cut
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Spec Ops: Stealth Patrol
Spec Ops: Ranger Elite
Spec Ops: Covert Assault
Spec Ops: Airborne Commando
Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Threads of Fate
Tomb Raider 2
Tomb Raider III
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
Vagrant Story
Xenogears

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#7812 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

I really want to get Tokyo Jungle before the price goes back to normal. But I won't be getting to it anytime soon especially with the fall releases.

Best to just wait it out.

#7813 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

Some game called Hyperballoid HD is on sale for $3. It's a brickbreaker type game, but it has trophies, so I'll probably pick that up. Foosball is also on sale for $6, and I'm pretty sure that's a cross play game for those who have a Vita.

Also will grab Alex Kidd for a buck. I may wait for my Capitol One card to come in though, or just buy them on Monday if I don't have it yet.

I'd advise to not get Hyperballoid HD unless you've gone through all of the other Arkanoid clones on PSN because it's a very bland, boring game without basic things like leaderboards and high scores.

http://blog.gamer20....balloid-hd-ps3/

#7814 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

I'd advise to not get Hyperballoid HD unless you've gone through all of the other Arkanoid clones on PSN because it's a very bland, boring game without basic things like leaderboards and high scores.

And I think there is also a glitched trophy.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#7815 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

No Leaderboards?!? What is this, 2005?

Anyways, I have been through quite a few Arkanoid clones (like the ones you mentioned in your review, Shatter, Peggle, and Magic Orbz) and Riccochet HD is just god-awful, so I may still pick this up. Thanks for posting your review.

And I think there is also a glitched trophy.

Thanks for mentioning it, I'll look into this as well.

EDIT: Apparently it has to do with the one trophy available in the DLC, which isn't available in the US but still shows up as a missing trophy on the trophy list. I'm not a big completionist so it won't bug me that I only have 90% instead of 100% completion on the game.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#7816 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

I really want to get Tokyo Jungle before the price goes back to normal. But I won't be getting to it anytime soon especially with the fall releases.

Best to just wait it out.

Unless you're within $88 of other purchases this month, then buying it now to push you closer to that magical $100 mark makes a lot of sense.

So two games go away from the IGC next month, huh? Should be some good stuff (or at very least some more stuff) to take its place next week then.

decker%2001.jpg

#7817 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

It looks like the Vita PS Store is starting to include screenshots on game pages, which show up below the ratings and ESRB info and are clickable to see bigger pictures.

#7818 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

BTW : Thanks for the update Frisky! Seeing that store update info is one of my highlights of Tuesday afternoons.

decker%2001.jpg

#7819 HanawayCoca

HanawayCoca

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

Glad I waited to purchase those FFXIII-2 dlc's until yesterday Oct. 1st to get it on the spend $100 get $20 deal!

#7820 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

Am I the only one who saw that and was like, "Fuck yeah, NFL Blitz!"? Also, I downloaded Spelunker last time it was on sale, but never got the DLC. Is it worth it? Might as well pick up Alex Kidd for a buck, too.

Well all of the DLC basically doubles the game. The DLC has exactly as many stages as the main game, another 200 piece mural, enough trophies to equate to a full platinum title, but they're extremely difficult. If you want a challenge, go for it. If you thought the main game was hard, stay away.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#7821 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Also, Sideways NY and Warhammer are leaving IGC next Tuesday so...2 new freebies?

http://blog.us.plays...ore-update-259/

The rumor is Darksiders 1 and Red Dead Redemption. I assume the vanilla version only, so the DLC may go on sale.

#7822 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

The rumor is Darksiders 1 and Red Dead Redemption. I assume the vanilla version only, so the DLC may go on sale.

I don't think two retail games are going to replace a retail and a PSN game, but I could be wrong.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#7823 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

I don't think two retail games are going to replace a retail and a PSN game, but I could be wrong.

Well Fuck them then. They replaced a retail game with a PSN game twice now already. So the "available retail" games is lower than back in July. Also they are taking Borderlands down soon I thought.

#7824 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

A PSN game (Blitz) replaced a retail game (Borderlands) this week so it could happen.

default.png2.png

#7825 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

Well Fuck them then. They replaced a retail game with a PSN game twice now already. So the "available retail" games is lower than back in July

In October here in Europe we are getting tomorrow October 2th: Hell yeah, October 10th : Bulletstorm and Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

Let's wait and see what you guys are getting in US
Spoiler

#7826 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

lets hope that rumor is false :pray:

@realit3y don't u mean oct 3?

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png?44341065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#7827 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

NFL Blitz replaced Borderlands, which replaced The Walking Dead Episodes 1 and 2, which replaced either Just Cause 2 or Saints Row 2. So there's no guarantee one way or the other.

#7828 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

NFL Blitz replaced Borderlands, which replaced The Walking Dead Episodes 1 and 2, which replaced either Just Cause 2 or Saints Row 2. So there's no guarantee one way or the other.

Ya, that's what I was talking about. Just Cause 2 & Saints Row 2 were replaced with PSN games. Laura Croft: Guardian of Light & something else maybe Gotham City Imposters or Bloodrayne.

Edit: I'd still rather have 2-3 more PSN games per month and PS1 Classics than retail games. Can find these retail games for $5-10 easy, and they don't expire.

#7829 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

lets hope that rumor is false :pray:

@realit3y don't u mean oct 3?

hell yeah
Spoiler

#7830 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

i think rdr sounds right cuz of the flak they got from europe getting it, and darksiders to help darksiders 2 sales? or maybe a dead space? idk

Velo214.png
sig.gif