Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#7831 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

NFL Blitz replaced Borderlands, which replaced The Walking Dead Episodes 1 and 2, which replaced either Just Cause 2 or Saints Row 2. So there's no guarantee one way or the other.

Ya, there's no rhyme or reason in which games they take down and which they put up, in regards to whether it's a PSN game or full retail game. My guess is we'll get one PSN game and one PS3 game. My guess is we'll get Red Dead, though I'd personally love RE5 Gold (though it seems like they would have given it to us today if we were gonna get it).

Ya, that's what I was talking about. Just Cause 2 & Saints Row 2 were replaced with PSN games. Laura Croft: Guardian of Light & something else maybe Gotham City Imposters or Bloodrayne.

Edit: I'd still rather have 2-3 more PSN games per month and PS1 Classics than retail games. Can find these retail games for $5-10 easy, and they don't expire.

This is the truth. I don't understand why so many people fawn over the full retail releases. Sure they're usually longer, but they're not any more expensive than the PSN games they offer. One simple example would be NFL Blitz and Borderlands vanilla. Both can be had for around $15 at the moment.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#7832 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

NFL Blitz replaced Borderlands, which replaced The Walking Dead Episodes 1 and 2, which replaced either Just Cause 2 or Saints Row 2. So there's no guarantee one way or the other.

Neeever mind then, I thought they keeped it consistent.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#7833 frankmackeyspam

frankmackeyspam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

Glad I waited to purchase those FFXIII-2 dlc's until yesterday Oct. 1st to get it on the spend $100 get $20 deal!

Me too! $2.50 down, $97.50 to go.

#7834 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:10 AM

little king $40
DJ MAX Tune $50 (fckin ridiculous price)
Jet set radio $12

I am done for $100 spending on October PSN
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#7835 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:17 AM

little king $40
DJ MAX Tune $50 (fckin ridiculous price)
Jet set radio $12

I am done for $100 spending on October PSN

what is that game so special about it? For dj max tune you know you can spend on everything on the store like a subscription for psn+, videos, dlcs, something else on the store.
:error:
Spoiler

#7836 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

This is the truth. I don't understand why so many people fawn over the full retail releases. Sure they're usually longer, but they're not any more expensive than the PSN games they offer. One simple example would be NFL Blitz and Borderlands vanilla. Both can be had for around $15 at the moment.

I think people fawn over them because of their notability, since most PSN games go unnoticed. With this being said, no matter what game they pick, I am certain it will screw me over.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#7837 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

what is that game so special about it? For dj max tune you know you can spend on everything on the store like a subscription for psn+, videos, dlcs, something else on the store.

Just got Year sub of PSN+ last month ..
and bought most of the DLC I wanted already

I really want DJ MAX but, $49.99 for Vita game?
that is highest so far !! you are right, i should just grab physical copy... sigh
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#7838 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

Because they're good and they're free? Those are usually the two main reasons most people wish certain games would be made free for PS+ members.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#7839 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

I got a question, if I purchase PS+ 1-year package ($49.99) through the PSN store, will the package applies directly to my account or do I receive a code to redeem the package later at the PS Store? Thanks.
Posted Image

#7840 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

I was considering NLKS just to help towards my $100, but after watching video, I'm going to pass. No idea what people see in this game, but it looks to be horrible.

Anyone try the demos for Zero Escape and Silent Hill?

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

My man Pharm fucks all night. Call him Super Mario, cuz he be layin' the pipe

#7841 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

I got a question, if I purchase PS+ 1-year package ($49.99) through the PSN store, will the package applies directly to my account or do I receive a code to redeem the package later at the PS Store? Thanks.

Directly. I don't think they offer anything in the PS Store that isn't directly for the account that's logged in.

#7842 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

Directly. I don't think they offer anything in the PS Store that isn't directly for the account that's logged in.

Ok, thanks for your answer Frisky.
Posted Image

#7843 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

U will be ok if u buy it on psn store just don't go to your local retail and buy a psn plus card

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif          

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#7844 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

any recommendations from someone who has played tokyo jungle a good bit?
Posted Image

#7845 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

Because they're good and they're free? Those are usually the two main reasons most people wish certain games would be made free for PS+ members.

Ya but the same can be said about the freebie PSN games. They're usually good and free as well.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#7846 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:55 AM

Ya but the same can be said about the freebie PSN games. They're usually good and free as well.

I think we can safely establish that people like good, free games.

#7847 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:58 AM

Does anyone remember Alex Kidd In Miracle World ever being on a compilation disc? I have so many, I can't keep track of which old games I have :)
Posted Image

#7848 J7.

J7.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:00 AM

Can someone who has bought PS+ from PSN tell me if it requires you to register a credit card? I've called Sony and one time they told me no credit card is required and another time they told me a credit card is required, when buying from PSN.

#7849 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

I think we can safely establish that people like good, free games.

I'll drink to that.

#7850 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

Can someone who has bought PS+ from PSN tell me if it requires you to register a credit card? I've called Sony and one time they told me no credit card is required and another time they told me a credit card is required, when buying from PSN.

I had to enter CC info in the past with buying a 3 month sub but you can cancel auto-renewal and delete your CC info. It may have changed at some point but even a month ago, I had to enter CC info for my free 1 month sub as an Amazon bonus and that was in August.

#7851 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

Started implementing the colored asterisk system in the OP for basic things like what's new this week, ending next week, and permanent price drops. Let me know what you think.

#7852 htz

htz

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

Started implementing the colored asterisk system in the OP for basic things like what's new this week, ending next week, and permanent price drops. Let me know what you think.

I like it, and good choice of colors. Posted Image

#7853 NewOrder01

NewOrder01

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:29 AM

I dont think here in the USA. Japan might be different. I know there is a 3 game complilation on XBL called Alex Kidd & Co. I have not checked if it is on PSN. Anyway, it comes with Alex Kidd, Super Hang On, and Revenge of Shinobi. ;)

Does anyone remember Alex Kidd In Miracle World ever being on a compilation disc? I have so many, I can't keep track of which old games I have :)

#7854 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

I know the code ones require one, can't say for buying it via the store though.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#7855 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:55 AM

Fuck you $40 for NLKS. MAYBE for a full release, but for a downloadable game, I'll wait for it to drop to $20. Disappointed in that price.

KneeKnee.png

#7856 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:11 AM

Playstation mobile is now live on the Vita!

These are the games so far:

Frederic – Resurrection of Music ($3.99)
Loot The Land ($3.99)
incurvio ($7.49)
Wipe! ($1.49)
Magic Arrows ($4.99)
Everbody’s Arcade (Free trial)
Underline ($2.79)
Nyoqix ($5.49)
Numblast ($2.99)
Super Crate Box ($3.49)
Aqua Kitty – Milk Mine Defender ($3.49)
Flick Hockey ($2.29)
Word Blocked ($1.99)
Rebel ($1.99)
Tractor Trails ($2.29)
Hungry Giraffe ($2.99)
Beats Slider ($0.79)
Fuel Tiracas ($0.49)
Twist Pilot ($3.49)
Samurai Beatdown ($0.99)
Beats Trellis ($0.79)

I'll definitely be getting Super Crate Box, playing it on a touch screen device sucked.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#7857 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:14 AM

I really like it.

#7858 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

Samurai Beatdown looks like an interesting game for only a dollar. Anyone have some opinions on it?

& from what I'm hearing, PS Mobile games will have trophy & leaderboard support added sometime in the future.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7859 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:47 AM

While Vita's Silent Hill looks like Silent Hill meets Dungeon Hunter Alliance, it's not as Ultra-HORRID as some of the preview vids made it look. I think I might get it when it hits $10 or less.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#7860 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

the PSN version of Terraria will have new content after all, they haven't mentioned what it is yet though, now if only the game would come to the Vita

T9rTk6Q.gif