Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#8011 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

I agree (have the platinum), though I thought Atlus extended the server again. Could be mistaken since I don't care, but I recall having to post it.

the servers were supposed to be shut down on May 31st of this year but Atlus said they will keep them online for the foreseeable future

T9rTk6Q.gif

#8012 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

yeah i was rushing to find a friend to give me the pure bladestone weapon, i think you just need to hold it to get the trophy to pop, then you can switch it back. but yeah it was like the day they were gonna close the servers they extended it, which meant i still havnt put it in the ps3 in years, lol. im so bad. and god i loved being the black phantom. i use that giant meat cleaver Cloud Strifelike sword and would just try to 1hit kill. awesome. also spoiler alert, but the boss of 3-3, i loved doing that! especially when you put your blue helpful sigil down and then you are summoned as the boss. too cool.

and rpghope, i was just throwing #'s out there. i was just joking bout 1 of 7 people with plat, but spelunker it might even be less cuz it didnt have a cumulative total, but only 4 people had that final dlc trophy. peace out

also i felt so bad but joined a party of 3 when they were swapping weapons and tossing items on the floor and just destroyed them and grabbed as much loot as i could before it teleported me back to my game ;) its like legit griefing ;)
altho it has a downside, i can't recall how many levels i lost when i was drinking/chilln out and would join a game and fall off the mountain or hit by a rock or something. doh! don't play as the black phantom when you arent in your own head all the way :)

its one of those reminisce games where i look back and only played it for like a month, but still think of it as good memories ;) altho i could play it tonite, but of course, i have CoD withdrawal problems. omg (also i havnt done it, but i know they found a solo way to dupe items, idk if that works with demon's souls or colorless souls or whatnot, but i remember it has something to do with inventory and the store guy and flipping stuff really quick, just help if you don't wanna be legit and looking for a speed plat.)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#8013 rpghope18

rpghope18

Never enough RPG's!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

and rpghope, i was just throwing #'s out there. i was just joking bout 1 of 7 people with plat, but spelunker it might even be less cuz it didnt have a cumulative total, but only 4 people had that final dlc trophy. peace out

I know, I'm just giving ya crap on it :bouncy:, no biggie. I just know the number will go up over time, since people will eventually get to playing it. I know I have way too many games in my backlog that I would like to finish one day... only so much game time in a day.

You mention the 3-3 boss (which is where you get the Monk's wrapping helm). I was doing that to try and get before the servers were going down and it was so much fun. A lot of the players playing don't even realize you are playing as the boss. Had so many times they would disconnect (rage quit) since I would heal like any other PvP match would... good times.

RPGHope18.png

#8014 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

Like just about everyone has said here...Demon's Souls is not that hard. The hardest part is farming some of the last chunks you'll need to get a couple weapons. And by hardest, it's really just a boring grind and the drop rates are stupidly low. The good news is that while you're farming for these drops you'll rack up a whole bunch of souls for leveling up.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

My man Pharm fucks all night. Call him Super Mario, cuz he be layin' the pipe

#8015 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

http://blog.us.plays...2-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:

PlayStation 3

Dishonored
(Also on PSN) – Dishonored is set in Dunwall, an industrial whaling city where strange steampunk- inspired technology and otherworldly forces coexist in the shadows. You are the once-trusted bodyguard of the beloved Empress. Framed for her murder, you become an infamous assassin, known only by the disturbing mask that has become your calling card. In a time of uncertainty, when the city is besieged by plague and ruled by a corrupt government armed with industrial technologies, dark forces conspire to bestow upon you abilities beyond those of any common man – but at what cost? The truth behind your betrayal is as murky as the waters surrounding the city, and the life you once had is gone forever.

PlayStation Network

Retro City Rampage
(For PS3 and PS Vita) – Retro City Rampage is an open-world action game parody of the popular crime city genre. The game is designed to represent a classic NES game with a level of carnage and chaos never imagined in the ’80s.

Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock (For PS Vita) – In Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock, play as the Doctor and River Song as they race to save the universe and time itself. Unravel the mystery of The Eternity Clock and stop its deadly path of destruction before it’s too late.

Equipped with the Doctor’s sonic screwdriver, River’s Blaster and other fantastic gadgets, journey through four London time periods and a number of alien locations in search of the answers. Face up to the most fearsome monsters including Silurians, Cybermen, Daleks and the Silence. Outwit and destroy foes, solve puzzles and make the right choices in an epic action-adventure.

Derrick the Deathfin (PSN Exclusive) – Derrick the Deathfin is the world’s very first underwater papercraft game. The action – of which there is plenty – takes place in an irreverent aquatic world full of paper, goofy fish, paper, arcade action, paper, wanton destruction, and paper.* After Derrick’s parents are brutally turned into soup he sets forth on a worldwide rampage of destruction in order to make himself feel a bit better. On his travels he eats all manner of dopey delights for dinner, duels with paper enemies and decimates man-made cardboard monstrosities. Derrick also has a distinct fondness for picking up diamonds and jumping through burning tyres in the sky. Just like a real shark!

Spy Hunter (For PS Vita // Also on Gamecard) – Celebrating 30 years of sleek cars, concealed weapons, and careening car crashes, Spy Hunter races forward on its most thrilling and dangerous ride yet. The player once again takes on the role of the “Agent,” the driver of the high-tech G-6155 Interceptor supercar, armed extensively with advanced weaponry, and ready to take on a global terrorist organization set on world domination.

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes – London, 1898. Holmes has just solved a recent case by retrieving a priceless set of jewels that had been stolen. Unfortunately, the jewels’ owner reveals that the necklace Holmes returned to him is a pale imitation… and everything seems to incriminate the detective as the culprit!

Birds of Steel – Birds of Steel offers 20 historical and a wealth of fictitious missions, spanning eight world-famous campaigns, and users are given access to over 100 famous planes from the entire axis and allied forces rosters. A number of planes ideal for each campaign can be selected, and have been faithfully recreated in terms of handling, capabilities and weaponry. The classic Spitfire, P-51D Mustangs, and Messerschmidt 109 are all lined up for combat, as players opt to player opt to fight for the Allies, Japanese or Axis forces.

Devil May Cry: HD Collection – This action-packed set chronicles the complete adventures of Dante, the world’s toughest demon slayer, with Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2, and Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening Special Edition.

Joe Danger 2: The Movie – Joe Danger, the world’s most determined stuntman, returns in Joe Danger: The Movie: The Video Game! This sequel will allow players to create their own action film scene by scene, performing every stunt themselves. On the set of the greatest blockbuster “Movie” ever made, create your own action film scene by scene, performing every stunt yourself. Using dozens of stunt vehicles and spanning every action film genre imaginable perfect every stunt to thrill the audience, or crack them up with your failed attempts. Strap on the helmet of Joe Danger, and defy death to impress the Director.

Machinarium – Machinarium is an indie game project created and released by Amanita Design. A puzzle / adventure game, this game focuses on a little robot who’s been thrown out to the scrap yard behind the city who must return and confront the Black Cap Brotherhood and save his robot-girl friend.

Naughty Bear (Gold Edition) – As Naughty Bear, players will wreak havoc on every stuffing-filled foe that crosses their path. Featuring an array of weapons, objects and scare tactics, gamers strive to earn Naughty Points as they inflict physical and psychological harm on Naughty Bear’s enemies. This all-new scare-based points system means players will win the most rewards for being deviant and maniacal. The variety allows for a completely new experience every time players pick up a controller and the ill-fated bears become more difficult to harass and terrorize as the game progresses.

Warlords – Show no mercy and take no prisoners as you fight to the death for title of the almighty Warlord in this multiplayer arcade action game based on the Atari classic. Defend your castle from mischievous minions and ferocious fireballs spun from the mouth of a maniacal dragon in this whimsical reinvention of the beloved classic. In the ultimate battle of speed, strategy and survival, command your troops with shrewdness and skill to capture control points, collect power-ups and destroy the other warring factions!

Worms Revolution – Worms Revolution sticks an exploding sheep under worm-on-worm conflict and blasts it squarely into the 21st century with this revitalization of the acclaimed strategy series. Developed from the ground up on a completely new game-engine Worms Revolution delivers exciting new features and stunning 3D graphics with the classic 2D, turn-based gameplay of everyone’s favorite warring invertebrates. Choose to play the extensive single player mode which features both campaign and puzzle missions or dive straight into multiplayer warfare via online or local play. For the first time ever see the inclusion of dynamic water, physics objects and worm classes! Customize your experience by choosing what classes you play with, what they look like and even how they speak!

Demos

XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Joe Danger 2: The Movie
Naughty Bear: Panic in Paradise
Retro City Rampage
Sunflowers
Warlords

Interesting news on Retro City Rampage:

Fans of the PlayStation.Blog can now play as Sid, Jeff or as me in Retro City Rampage. Make sure to choose me (Rey Gutierrez) as your avatar. My hair looks great in all its retro 8-bit glory!

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#8016 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

Demon's Souls is only hard for people because they play like idiots. They're not willing to learn a totally new way of playing a game and just keep doing the same thing over and over. As long as you're patient and willing to learn from mistakes (to be fair, deaths aren't ALWAYS your fault like people say) and willing to learn the level layouts, then it gets much easier.

I always got lucky with the drops and never really had to farm that much. In fact, I played it through again recently and wanted to make a +5 Sharp Uchigatana and got the Pure Bladestone in like an hour and a half.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#8017 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

My Demon/Dark Souls deaths were more from the environment and player shenanigans, less from monsters (Outside of bosses). Just reached Blighttown and only died 3 times

It always kind of reminded me of Monster Hunter, having good reads and being able to react. And not slashing wildly to get punished.

#8018 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

For some reason, I thought Joe Danger 2 was only coming out on XBL.
Posted Image

#8019 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

For some reason, I thought Joe Danger 2 was only coming out on XBL.

It's probably because that's the only version they ever mentioned until they made this post on the PS Blog about two weeks ago. It could be that the publishing agreement with MS forbid them from talking about any other versions.

#8020 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

I'm thinking of doing a little impromptu contest here in this thread. Guess what both of the two new PS+ games will be before they're announced tomorrow afternoon. If somebody can guess both, I'll give you a code for something on PSN amongst what I have to offer. If more than one person guesses it, I'll do a little raffle for it amongst them. If nobody gets both, I may do a raffle for those that just get one of the games. If the games leak before the official PS Blog post, then this contest is cancelled immediately.

Just quote this post and include your picks as the reply to enter. I may do this more regularly in a more formal format when we have new games are going to be added.

#8021 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

I'm thinking of doing a little impromptu contest here in this thread. Guess what both of the two new PS+ games will be before they're announced tomorrow afternoon. If somebody can guess both, I'll give you a code for something on PSN amongst what I have to offer. If more than one person guesses it, I'll do a little raffle for it amongst them. If nobody gets both, I may do a raffle for those that just get one of the games. If the games leak before the official PS Blog post, then this contest is cancelled immediately.

Just quote this post and include your picks as the reply to enter. I may do this more regularly in a more formal format when we have new games are going to be added.

1) Twisted Metal
2) Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#8022 rpghope18

rpghope18

Never enough RPG's!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

Going to go with Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD and Red Dead Redemption for the free games. Mainly since there has been very little anticipation leading up to it. Most likely means titles EU has had.

Edited by rpghope18, 08 October 2012 - 12:52 AM.

RPGHope18.png

#8023 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

Demon's Souls is only hard for people because they play like idiots. They're not willing to learn a totally new way of playing a game and just keep doing the same thing over and over. As long as you're patient and willing to learn from mistakes (to be fair, deaths aren't ALWAYS your fault like people say) and willing to learn the level layouts, then it gets much easier.

I always got lucky with the drops and never really had to farm that much. In fact, I played it through again recently and wanted to make a +5 Sharp Uchigatana and got the Pure Bladestone in like an hour and a half.

I always thought it had that stigma because people wanted the glory. Over time it became one of the most impressive platinums on the PSN, which is COMPLETELY due to word of mouth. Hell, many people I believe only like it to seem hardcore too. I never got the appeal of failing because I didn't know the floor was going to break or someone stabbed me in the ass, since Demon Souls always felt cheap as a whole. Also, does anyone else see the irony in Spelunker being hated for the exact same reasons Demon / Dark Souls is praised? I've mentioned it a number of times and to this day I still find it funny.

For free games...

1) Machinarium
2) Red Dead.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#8024 haku67

haku67

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD and Red dead Redemption

#8025 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

Resident Evil 5 and Explomedon

#8026 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

Halo 4 and Madden 2016.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#8027 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

My guess is:
Red Dead Redemption
Darksiders 1

#8028 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

Nice gesture on your part Frisky, thanks.
My picks:
- The Walking Dead.
- Red Dead Redemption.
Posted Image

#8029 Slashlen

Slashlen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

Interesting idea. I'll go with:
Darksiders 1
Machinarium

#8030 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:03 AM

1. Resident Evil 5

2. Red Dead Redemption

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#8031 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

1. Modnation Racers
2. Hot Shots Golf (Vita)

#8032 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

infamous festival of blood

motorstorm apocalypse

#8033 ccjmli

ccjmli

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

Joe Danger (original)
Red Dead Redemption

#8034 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

nice contest. im not in it to win it, but judging they choose games I already own and that go synergistic with whats on the market, darksiders 1 and re5 sound good, but capcom might be too stingy to give re5 away for free, and US fans were upset that europe got rdr, so yeah rdr and darksiders 1. both great games too!

i couldnt see myself playing darksiders 1 again (great game, but soooo slow compared to agile death in ds2) but would love to have rdr on the harddrive cuz im too slothlike to get up and put the disk in if it isn't mw3.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#8035 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:49 AM

Free Capcom game? lol

It's October, SIREN SALE PLEASE

#8036 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Infamous Festival of Blood
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8037 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

I always thought it had that stigma because people wanted the glory. Over time it became one of the most impressive platinums on the PSN, which is COMPLETELY due to word of mouth. Hell, many people I believe only like it to seem hardcore too. I never got the appeal of failing because I didn't know the floor was going to break or someone stabbed me in the ass, since Demon Souls always felt cheap as a whole. Also, does anyone else see the irony in Spelunker being hated for the exact same reasons Demon / Dark Souls is praised? I've mentioned it a number of times and to this day I still find it funny.

It was considered one of the hardest until people found out about duping and trading and so on. You could actually get the plat very easily if you summoned two blue phantoms with you and had someone let you hold on to the rings and weapons.

Also, I think Spelunker is waaay harder and less forgiving than Demon's Souls. People say you can't really make mistakes in Demon's Souls, but that's not true. I could Fuck up quite a bit and then just roll away to heal back up and try again. You were very rarely one shotted. If you make even a super slight mistake in Spelunker, you're dead.

Finally, if we got Stranger's Wrath for free, that'd be sweeeeeet.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#8038 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

Red Dead Redemption
Infamous Festival of Blood

I hope it's Red Dead, need to play that game.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#8039 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:55 AM

Hmmm, I'm not sure if I'm gonna like this contest. This thread is gonna blow up every week with people guessing. It's a good idea, but maybe put it in the thread you run in the PS3 forum?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#8040 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:10 AM

It was considered one of the hardest until people found out about duping and trading and so on. You could actually get the plat very easily if you summoned two blue phantoms with you and had someone let you hold on to the rings and weapons.

Also, I think Spelunker is waaay harder and less forgiving than Demon's Souls. People say you can't really make mistakes in Demon's Souls, but that's not true. I could Fuck up quite a bit and then just roll away to heal back up and try again. You were very rarely one shotted. If you make even a super slight mistake in Spelunker, you're dead.

Finally, if we got Stranger's Wrath for free, that'd be sweeeeeet.

You're wrong, it's still considered one of the hardest platinums on the PSN. Believe it or not, there were plenty of other glitches and cheats that were removed from the US version, which was when it was still considered the hardest game on the PSN. Even with the cheats, many people consider it hard simply due to the fact you need to beat every boss. Additionally, many gamers turned tail at stage 1, which has no "easy" complete method. Either or, I think people say it's hard to retain it's sense of impossibility. To this day, people find my Demon Souls platinum my most impressive trophy... Not my Spelunker stuff, Lost Planet 2 platinum, not 100%ing Droplits, no one has ever said a word about Catherine, just OMFG DEMON SOULS PLATINUM. Tis sad.

Also I do agree Spelunker is a harder game, but they're conceptually the same. Spelunker forces you to learn from your mistakes, punishes you for rushing, has virtually impossible to obtain items (remember your issues with the mural on EX 5?), and much more. The only real difference is that I never thought Spelunker was cheap till EX 9, but I could tell Demon Souls was cheap after 20 minutes.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.