Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#8221 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

Thats not on sonic genesis collection is it?

It's not. You can play Shinobi III and unlock the original Shinobi, but The Revenge of Shinobi is NOT in the Genesis Collection.

#8222 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

It's not. You can play Shinobi III and unlock the original Shinobi, but The Revenge of Shinobi is NOT in the Genesis Collection.

Thanks for pointing that out. I was also thinking it was on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and would have passed on it for that reason, but now I'll grab it.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#8223 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

Thanks for pointing that out. I was also thinking it was on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and would have passed on it for that reason, but now I'll grab it.

No problem. I too was thinking the same thing until I fired up the game on my Vita and saw it wasn't there.

#8224 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

the "preview" of deathfin looked very underwhelming, like south park under the sea.. how is it?

IGN has a review of it. It's more in the style of Joe Danger than anything else apparently, which isn't exactly my cup of tea. It also doesn't have online leaderboards, which is really weird for a game that's based on completing levels with high scores and low times.

Anyone pick up RCR yet? I'll demo it tonight, but the fact that review codes weren't sent out makes me a little cautious.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#8225 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

Thanks frisky, would have missed/forgot about the Tokyo jungle dlc

#8226 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:15 AM

Anyone pick up RCR yet? I'll demo it tonight, but the fact that review codes weren't sent out makes me a little cautious.

Why? A lot of PSN review codes aren't available to be sent out until Tuesdays.

I played a bit of it earlier on Vita and it's pretty cool so far. It's throwing a ton of references at me while setting up the story in the opening mission.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#8227 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

IGN has a review of it. It's more in the style of Joe Danger than anything else apparently, which isn't exactly my cup of tea. It also doesn't have online leaderboards, which is really weird for a game that's based on completing levels with high scores and low times.

Just got mine, so you should be fine.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#8228 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

is any of the KOF XIII dlc worth grabbing?

#8229 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

The three characters - Iori, Kyo, and Mr. Karate - are worth it, I think. I'm just wondering if the "Unlock All" DLC gives you them since that would be the cheapest way to grab them.

The other DLC can be unlocked by playing the game.

#8230 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

If anybody here wants to see Rock of Ages in action to see if they want it while it's on sale, I recorded footage of a few levels the other day for an article I'm working on:

I'll record some Retro City Rampage from the posts I've seen here wanting to know about it, but if you guys want me to do a video for any of the PSN games I have, make a request and I'll let you know if I have it.

#8231 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

The three characters - Iori, Kyo, and Mr. Karate - are worth it, I think. I'm just wondering if the "Unlock All" DLC gives you them since that would be the cheapest way to grab them.

The other DLC can be unlocked by playing the game.

No, the Unlock All DLC key does NOT give you the 3 DLC characters. It pretty much just unlocks anything that can unlocked by playing the game (custom icons, stuff in gallery, some characters, etc.).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8232 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

Spoiler

I'll record some Retro City Rampage from the posts I've seen here wanting to know about it, but if you guys want me to do a video for any of the PSN games I have, make a request and I'll let you know if I have it.

well since you asked I would like to see Joe Danger 2 and Tokyo Jungle in action, I'm on the fence on both of them I want to know if they are worth buying

k3t3QR6.jpg?1

#8233 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

well since you asked I would like to see Joe Danger 2 and Tokyo Jungle in action, I'm on the fence on both of them I want to know if they are worth buying

I think Joe Danger 2 has a demo. That would be a much better way of judging that game.

#8234 rpg

rpg

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

Joe Danger 2: The Movie demo File Size: 1.13 GB

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif        

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#8235 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

Wow after all the hyper RCR got here, I expected it to be slightly good. Easily the most annoying game I've played in a long time. I didn't check the options, but unless there's a way to shut off the ridiculous sound effects, there's no way anyone can play this for more than 15 minutes without wanting to stick pencils in their ears.

The music is cool. Most of the sound effects are awesome and retro. But the chimes you get for...walking through a door? Walking over something? So annoying.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

That jacket is sooo September 10th

#8236 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

1.13 GB for a demo:hot: how big is the actual game?

k3t3QR6.jpg?1

#8237 rpg

rpg

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

demos are the game but when u buy it u get a key

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif        

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#8238 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

Wow after all the hyper RCR got here, I expected it to be slightly good. Easily the most annoying game I've played in a long time. I didn't check the options, but unless there's a way to shut off the ridiculous sound effects, there's no way anyone can play this for more than 15 minutes without wanting to stick pencils in their ears.

The music is cool. Most of the sound effects are awesome and retro. But the chimes you get for...walking through a door? Walking over something? So annoying.

I had no problems with the sound effects, but there's an option to turn them down or off in the settings.

Recorded about 24 minutes of RCR for those interested. It's uploading to Youtube now, so I'll post the video when that's done. I wasn't expecting there to be a Bit.Trip bezel amongst all of the retro bezels that they offer.

#8239 themidgardknight

themidgardknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:13 AM

Awaiting your opinion if/when you have time to give one. The art style looks intriguing. The developer also replied to about every damn question on the PS blog, which I thought was cool. Guess you can't go wrong for $5.

I just beat the first area's worth of game... it's pretty simple, easy, but really fun and addictive. I love the visuals. It's definitely worth the $5. I'm so glad I picked it up.

It has an anti-human element to it as well. You're set out to get revenge on reckless human behavior. I love it when you get to swallow people/kids swimming around in the oceans. It's actually pretty funny.

There are even minor boss battles from what I've played. There are three different types of gameplay I've seen so far from 8 levels: 1) sort of platforming like levels, 2) time trial, and 3) blowing up drills.

#8240 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:59 AM

I just beat the first area's worth of game... it's pretty simple, easy, but really fun and addictive. I love the visuals. It's definitely worth the $5. I'm so glad I picked it up.

It has an anti-human element to it as well. You're set out to get revenge on reckless human behavior. I love it when you get to swallow people/kids swimming around in the oceans. It's actually pretty funny.

There are even minor boss battles from what I've played. There are three different types of gameplay I've seen so far from 8 levels: 1) sort of platforming like levels, 2) time trial, and 3) blowing up drills.

I'm only at zone 7 of America. I think the game is really easy, mindless fun. Maybe it'll get more challenging later. So far you either race agaisnt the clock or against the health meter, don't really have any chance to kind explore. That's a shame because the art and environment looks really good.

Maybe I don't understand the scoring system right now but it seems pointless. No online leaderboards, and no way of telling if you've done well or not (i'm thinking of angry birds where you get 3 stars if you completed everything).

I bought it cause it looks cute and my nephew loves shark. I think it's worth the $5 purchase.

#8241 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:05 AM

So are the comparisons to Joe Danger just in art style and presentation and have nothing to do with difficulty?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#8242 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:11 AM

So are the comparisons to Joe Danger just in art style and presentation and have nothing to do with difficulty?

I haven't played Joe Danger so i can't really tell you.

#8243 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

I took a gamble and bought Sunflowers for the Vita. To be honest, I really like it. Its a simple concept. You hold the vita longways and at the top of the screen there is a sun. You move the sun side to side and when you tap on it it drops rays of light. Clouds float by underneath and you have to get the rays through the clouds to make water for the flowers below. Direct sunlight burns the flowers and you have to water them quickly or else you lose a life.

As the flowers grow (after a few drops of water), they disappear and go into your garden. As you advance, gray clouds float by which drop lightning that burns the flowers. Other weather effects happen like an ice storm, wind, and so on.

You can mate the flowers and discover new ones as well.

Not a bad little game for under $5. Played for a half hour so far and got 9 trophies. The rest seem like they will take a little grinding.

KneeKnee.png

#8244 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

Here's that video of Retro City Rampage that I recorded last night:

#8245 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

Toejam & Earl and Panic on Funkotron hitting PSN Nov. 6th for $4.99 each
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8246 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Just want to say the thread title is kinda misleading. Makes it seems like you get $20 back in October.

#8247 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

Just want to say the thread title is kinda misleading. Makes it seems like you get $20 back in October.

Yes / No, You only have so much title space and the title is accurate. Honestly you should just buy what you want when you want it if it's a money thing.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#8248 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

Spend $100, Get $20 Back.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

#8249 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

I guess he could put in October after the spend $100, but people will still assume they get the $20 back in October anyways. It doesn't matter.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#8250 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Hey Tanuki are you gonna run your own Twitch channel soon?