Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#8251 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

Spend $100, Get $20 Back.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

get $20 back in November

#8252 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

get $20 back in November

That wont work either, because if it's titled "Spend $100, Get $20 back in November" that implies that the promotion is going on in November. For it to be crystal clear, it would be titled "Spend $100 in October, Get $20 back in November". But that would take up the entire name of the thread, and as such isn't really rational to do. The way Frisky has it worded is fine. Get over it.

#8253 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

You guys are acting like im making a big deal over it, just stated it. Idk how long the thread title can be. I couldnt care less, just looking out for people who may not have heard of the deal yet.

If you want to get smart about it, it could say "Spend $100 in Oct, Get $20 in Nov"

#8254 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

That wont work either, because if it's titled "Spend $100, Get $20 back in November" that implies that the promotion is going on in November. For it to be crystal clear, it would be titled "Spend $100 in October, Get $20 back in November". But that would take up the entire name of the thread, and as such isn't really rational to do. The way Frisky has it worded is fine. Get over it.

Not a big deal but all he has to do is move "in October" behind $100.

Retro City Rampage reminds me so much of my childhood. So awesome

Tyler hates me. 

Wrencrest.png

#8255 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

Not a big deal but all he has to do is move "in October" behind $100.

Retro City Rampage reminds me so much of my childhood. So awesome

I guess. But that still implies you get the $20 back in October, which you don't, and was Jack_Frost's original problem.

You guys are acting like im making a big deal over it, just stated it. Idk how long the thread title can be. I couldnt care less, just looking out for people who may not have heard of the deal yet.

If you want to get smart about it, it could say "Spend $100 in Oct, Get $20 in Nov"

And I'm not saying it's a big deal, I'm just saying it's not really necessary. It, like all the deals Frisky posts, is further elaborated in the OP anyways, not leaving much room for confusion.

Toejam & Earl and Panic on Funkotron hitting PSN Nov. 6th for $4.99 each

And why the Fuck isn't Toejam & Earl Vita compatible? I really have no interest in playing the games on my PS3.

#8256 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

And why the Fuck isn't Toejam & Earl Vita compatible? I really have no interest in playing the games on my PS3.

Not sure how you could jump to that conclusion. I haven't seen anything that says it isn't.

#8257 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

Toejam & Earl and Panic on Funkotron hitting PSN Nov. 6th for $4.99 each

Nice. LOVED T&E when I was a kid. Problem is this (at least for me) I bought a few other Sega games when they released only to have buyers remorse a month or so later when they went on sale for a buck, or were free from plus. Happened a few times now. Its only $5, sure, but that's $5 I could have used on another game...

KneeKnee.png

#8258 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

get $20 back in November

The amount of characters I get to write the title with is no friend to grammar and specificity. I guess this is a little better for nitpicking's sake.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#8259 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

Not sure how you could jump to that conclusion. I haven't seen anything that says it isn't.

SEGA's history speaks for itself, none of the games they've re-released have been playable on Vita unless specifically mentioned so, like with Jet Set Radio. The Revenge of Shinobi, currently on sale, being a fine example of my point.

#8260 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

SEGA's history speaks for itself, none of the games they've re-released have been playable on Vita unless specifically mentioned so, like with Jet Set Radio. The Revenge of Shinobi, currently on sale, being a fine example of my point.

That's because they specifically made a Vita version.

#8261 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

Excited from DOOM BFG next week- preordered it.

#8262 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

That's because they specifically made a Vita version.

Yes, I'm aware of that. Doesn't change what I stated earlier. I didn't see any announcements about a specific Vita version of T&E.

#8263 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

Hey Tanuki are you gonna run your own Twitch channel soon?

My Elgato Game Capture HD is supposed to get an update with native Twitch.tv support at some point, so I'm planning on doing something with that.

#8264 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

Excited from DOOM BFG next week- preordered it.

Me too

Tyler hates me. 

Wrencrest.png

#8265 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

My Elgato Game Capture HD is supposed to get an update with native Twitch.tv support at some point, so I'm planning on doing something with that.

Ah sweet. Capture devices are getting better and better. I have an HD PVR and it does the job. It's the older one without the HDMI port but I don't mind since I stream PS3 stuff 90% of the time.

#8266 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

Wish Retro City Rampage and Tokyo Jungle were $10.

#8267 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

Wish Retro City Rampage and Tokyo Jungle were $10.

Yea RCR seemed ok from the demo and pretty funny, but the 8 bit visuals are more annoying than anything after the appeal wears off

#8268 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

Yea RCR seemed ok from the demo and pretty funny, but the 8 bit visuals are more annoying than anything after the appeal wears off

I thought so too initially, but the more I play it the more I love it.

#8269 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:16 AM

Mmm, TJ&E. I want that very much.

#8270 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:32 AM

I wonder how we survived the NES area?! I respect pixels, i like how much some one can convey with little colored blocks

#8271 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

If I use the best buy black ops magazine coupon to purchase the ps+ 1-year membership card, does the $50 count towards the $100 Oct promotion if I redeem the subscription code?

#8272 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

New PS Store design coming Oct. 17th for EU, 23rd for US.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8273 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

No publikdefender, you need to spend from your wallet. Subscription card will not do that

#8274 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

No publikdefender, you need to spend from your wallet. Subscription card will not do that

OK, thanks. Has anyone tried to buy a regular $50 psn card with the coupon in the Black Ops @gamer issue? If so, did it ring up fine or do you need an override from a manager?

#8275 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

OK, thanks. Has anyone tried to buy a regular $50 psn card with the coupon in the Black Ops @gamer issue? If so, did it ring up fine or do you need an override from a manager?

I was gonna play dumb and give it a shot but have yet to do so

#8276 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

New PS Store design coming Oct. 17th for EU, 23rd for US.

I'll reserve full judgement until it's live, but it does not look improved to me. PSN's biggest problems weren't visuals or layout, it was content organization and categorization.

This looks more like what Google did with the App Market when they made it the "Google Play" store, usability went out the window for pretty graphics.
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#8277 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

Just curious did anyone preorder Dishonored and get something free from the PSN store. I pre-ordered NBA 2K13 and got the all-star DLC free last night. The fact that it wasn't advertised at all was a plus and its the same DLC from a Best Buy preorder. If we keep getting pre-order DLC I just might have to keep buying them up.

#8278 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

All i want from the psn store is better organization of your download history. Digging through 500-600 downloads is beyond a pain in the ass!

#8279 themidgardknight

themidgardknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

All i want from the psn store is better organization of your download history. Digging through 500-600 downloads is beyond a pain in the ass!

Yeah, this is one of the most annoying things about it.

Does anyone know if the relaunch will destroy any credit we have in our accounts? I want that $20 for $100 deal and have some credit in my account. With the way Sony has handled it's market in the past, I'd be worried that they'd somehow delete all the credit I have in my wallet now.

#8280 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

Ragnarok Odyssey confirmed for 10/30 release for those looking to put that towards their $100. PSN price is $40 which is disappointing
Posted Image