Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#841 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:01 AM

I would never waste my time on those in the first place, since I've found deals on many of the games that have had the trials thanks to CAG for much cheaper than their overpriced digital counterparts from PSN.:booty:

That's true. I had that argument with my coworker over a year ago. He mentioned how downloading games is a better option instead of buying the game from a retail store. He mentioned how it was more convenient to have that game installed in your hard drive etc. I mentioned almost all games go on sale from time to time, and you can get a better deal than you would if you bought a digital copy. Most people don't have big hard drives i.e. 1TB drives. It's not a computer, it's a console. Let's take Catherine for example. Digital copy = $40, New copy was $29.99. It was recently on sale used at Gamefly for $14.99. There might be a sale for that game in the future for the digital copy, but it will never hit the $14.99 price.

After I explained my points, I left it at that. Maybe it's convenient, but I'd rather wait and scour through the CAG forums to find a better deal instead of paying full price for a digital download....

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#842 The_cheapest_Daddy

The_cheapest_Daddy

(>••)>†

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:04 AM

http://blog.us.plays...er-prototype-2/

That's because it's the last issue of Qore.

Oh WOW [-(
well at least we will get 11 mini games as a fare well package.
6962.png
Currently playing
:3ds: Bravely default

#843 salt_peanuts

salt_peanuts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

Hell yes, that machine kicks ass. I still play the one close by to me in NY often, and it just rules.

Browsing new releases, etc... Pinball Arcade... Future additions... ATTACK FROM MARS?!

This will ultimately offer my favorite pinball machine of all time? Hello, suddenly I'm interested.

#844 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:55 AM

So does the Montezuma game have trophies?

Wondering the same and also why is it free... ads or spyware installed?

#845 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:57 AM

Wondering the same and also why is it free... ads or spyware installed?

http://www.cheapassg...4&postcount=773

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#846 frankmackeyspam

frankmackeyspam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

I know everybody and their mother already owns WipEout HD, but if you don't and were thinking about getting in on this deal be aware that the game has been broken since patch 2.40 dropped in mid February:

http://community.us....tart=0&tstart=0

It's been close to two months now and still no sign of a fix.

#847 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

Played a bit of Treasures of Montezuma Blitz and can confirm for those that didn't believe me that it has no trophies. The limits on play time don't seem to be that bad since I took a break for a minute or two and had a heart already return, so it's a good game for that quick pick-up fix while you're doing other things.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 11 April 2012 - 06:05 AM.

#848 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

That explains why that PS+ benefits graphic shows early demo access instead of early Qore access now.

So PS+ members basically lost a digital magazine subscription while regular PSN members are penalized with delayed demos.:-|

#849 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

That explains why that PS+ benefits graphic shows early demo access instead of early Qore access now.

So PS+ members basically lost a digital magazine subscription while regular PSN members are penalized with delayed demos.:-|

Oh no, what a fuckin travesty.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#850 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

That's too bad, I actually have enjoyed watching the behind-the-scenes features on games I've liked or looked forward to.

#851 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

I never understood why they had both Qore AND Pulse which was always free. I won't miss Qore, when Veronica Belmont left as host, there really was no more reason to be interested in Qore. Her replacement with the well meaning, but inferior Jessie made it clear that Qore wasn't gonna last much longer.

#852 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

Add-ons
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Serah's Outfit Style and Steel - Free

God dammit, now that I've beat the game they give out free DLC. That and the Assassin's Creed outfit is awesome, but totally not worth $3 lol.

How the hell do you find this stuff anyway? Good thing I check this thread because you'd have to dig through the store to notice subtle additions like that.

#853 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

http://blog.us.plays...reborn-may-1st/

The Legend of Dragoon will be out on PSN on May 1.

God dammit, now that I've beat the game they give out free DLC. That and the Assassin's Creed outfit is awesome, but totally not worth $3 lol.

How the hell do you find this stuff anyway? Good thing I check this thread because you'd have to dig through the store to notice subtle additions like that.

It's really easy to find since it's listed under New Releases > New Add-ons and it's mentioned on the PS Blog.

I never understood why they had both Qore AND Pulse which was always free. I won't miss Qore, when Veronica Belmont left as host, there really was no more reason to be interested in Qore. Her replacement with the well meaning, but inferior Jessie made it clear that Qore wasn't gonna last much longer.

One was kind of the magazine while the other was kind of a newsletter. They had different focuses and levels of production.

#854 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

It's really easy to find since it's listed under New Releases > New Add-ons and it's mentioned on the PS Blog.

Only if you check weekly. They could benefit from a changelog, sort everything by date, something.

#855 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

Only if you check weekly. They could benefit from a changelog, sort everything by date, something.

It is sorted by date. The items for the most recent update are at the top, then the update before that and so on before whatever cutoff they make for it.

The New Releases section has the games that released this week with links to the sections for latest add-ons, demos, themes, avatars, videos, and PSP/Vita stuff.

#856 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

It is sorted by date. The items for the most recent update are at the top, then the update before that and so on before whatever cutoff they make for it.

I mean a single list of everything sorted by date. Right now, if you miss a week or two, you have to check every category.

#857 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

Legend of Dragoon......on PSN?!

Posted Image

New pants needed, and new underwear
Posted ImagePosted Image

#858 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

I mean a single list of everything sorted by date. Right now, if you miss a week or two, you have to check every category.

That's how they used to do it, but people complained about it.

#859 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

That's how they used to do it, but people complained about it.

Yea, but having the organized method, and the huge list isn't exactly mutually exclusive =P

#860 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

Ive been waiting/wanting for Legend of Dragoon to hit psn for the longest (even tho I have a copy) GOT DAMMIT SONY, JUST TAKE MY MONIES. Charge me $100, I wont be a cheap ass gamer this time.

#861 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

One was kind of the magazine while the other was kind of a newsletter. They had different focuses and levels of production.

Thanks for the clarification, but they still seem redundant to me, both were downloaded digital multimedia publilcations that advertised (ahem, "showcased") PS3 games. They did not need both, and cancelling Qore kinda proves it.

#862 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

Oh, I was able to find it just fine once I knew it existed. I don't read the blog; I rely on them to actually tag these updates with PSN+ or New Releases. Clearly they like to hide some free content elsewhere though. . .

#863 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

Oh, I was able to find it just fine once I knew it existed. I don't read the blog; I rely on them to actually tag these updates with PSN+ or New Releases. Clearly they like to hide some free content elsewhere though. . .

It is under New Releases in the Add-ons section.

Thanks for the clarification, but they still seem redundant to me, both were downloaded digital multimedia publilcations that advertised (ahem, "showcased") PS3 games. They did not need both, and cancelling Qore kinda proves it.

It doesn't actually prove that at all. The PS Blog can kind of do all of the content that Qore offered without the expensive production costs associated with making it.

#864 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

It is under New Releases in the Add-ons section.

Right, my point being at a high level it's not visible; you still have to drill down to find it. I don't regularly check add-ons because I don't buy DLC. If it had simply been tagged as free or new release, I would have found it right away. Although, I suppose for the sake of clutter I understand why it's that way. At any rate, I'm glad you mentioned it even though I'll never see/use it lol.

#865 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

Right, my point being at a high level it's not visible; you still have to drill down to find it. I don't regularly check add-ons because I don't buy DLC. If it had simply been tagged as free or new release, I would have found it right away. Although, I suppose for the sake of clutter I understand why it's that way. At any rate, I'm glad you mentioned it even though I'll never see/use it lol.

It would still be in the same spot, so I guess I don't understand what tagging it as free or new release means.

#866 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

What the Fuck are you whining about? Could you be any more lazy?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#867 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

When I signed up to PS+ I downloaded an episode of Qore for free to check it out. On the menu it had an option to download extra freebies but when I clicked it it said I needed a yearly Qore subscription fee. So I said forget that and never looked back.

I was unaware we could get free content from these "Single Use" freebie Qore monthly episodes. Or is it a special last episode thing?

#868 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

When I signed up to PS+ I downloaded an episode of Qore for free to check it out. On the menu it had an option to download extra freebies but when I clicked it it said I needed a yearly Qore subscription fee. So I said forget that and never looked back.

I was unaware we could get free content from these "Single Use" freebie Qore monthly episodes. Or is it a special last episode thing?

Some episodes offered a theme.

#869 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

http://blog.us.plays...reborn-may-1st/

The Legend of Dragoon will be out on PSN on May 1.

NICE! This will make many people very happy.

#870 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

http://www.amazon.co...f=AIVHPBB_Deals

Amazon's $0.99 rental for the day is Super 8.