Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#8881 rpg

rpg

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

Is this a recent thing? I bought the 160 gb black ops bundle last year from best buy and there wasn't any ps+ trial. Was it missing from my box or did the 30-day trial start after that?

i got two during black friday last year

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif        

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#8882 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

I grabbed these:
Amy - $2.50 *
Costume Quest Complete Pack - $3.75 - Full Game + DLC *
Dead Nation - $3.75 *
Infamous Festival of Blood - $2.50 *
Monster World IV - $1.00 **
Sega Rally Online Arcade - $2.99 *

I think they're all awesome, Sega Rally was a easy pick for me.

Fiancee played "Costume Quest" all day today and beat it. I played when she got stuck in a few areas. Will probably play it myself, pretty fun game.

"Mad World IV" is great, got it just for how cheap it was, really surprised me how addicting it was.

Dead Nation & Amy look good but haven't played yet. Anyone played/their thoughts about these 2 games?

Thinking about getting these:
Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime - $1.25 *
The House of the Dead Overkill Bundle - $15.39 - Includes III, 4, and Overkill *

HOTD - worth it for the price?
Ghostbusters - super cheap, but is it any good?? Looked really iffy to me.

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#8883 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:41 AM

Just FYI...for anyone dropping down $15 on the PSN version of Naughty Bear: Panic in Paradise, a $20 disc version (called Naughty Bear Double Trouble) is out the 23rd that apparently includes both that AND Naughty Bear Gold on disc.

Black Friday $15 special... maybe $10? I'd for sure buy it. I got the original one from a friend for free, he bought it and hated it and I had played the game while hanging out and loved it. So will get this one at some point. Backlog is getting ridiculous.

#8884 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:42 AM

Dead Nation & Amy look good but haven't played yet. Anyone played/their thoughts about these 2 games?

The House of the Dead Overkill Bundle - $15.39 - Includes III, 4, and Overkill *

Dead Nation is a fantastic game is you like twin stick shooters. I liked it enough to get the platinum and felt $7.50 was well worth the purchase. This is a great price for DN.

I picked up Ghostbusters cause it was cheap and I grew up with the films. I'm not expecting the best game in the world but it can't be as bad as the comments on AMY.

BumslieOG.png

#8885 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:43 AM

Dead Nation is pretty solid. Got it free for plus last Halloween. Sort of an overhead 2-stick style zombie shooter. Well-done...but pretty tough on normal/hard...

I picked up Amy and Ghostbusters, too, but haven't gotten around to trying them yet. But, hey, at those prices, even if they're kinda meh, it's still a decent deal.

And, yes, get HOTD...especially if you have a PS Move setup... All 3 games are great. 3 and 4 are sort of more straightforward on-rails zombie shooters, while Overkill is an awesome grindhouse-style horror/comedy (I think it holds a record for the most swearing in a game, though, and there's a lot of "adult" content...so if you're easily offended or have kids around, maybe not the best choice, but otherwise, it's a blast...).

#8886 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:45 AM

Dead Nation is pretty fun but it has an awful story. You will laugh your ass off at it.

#8887 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• Silenced

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

I ended up picking up Amy, Ghostbusters, Dead Nation, and Infamous: Festival of Blood. All for $10 :) Very happy. That disc version of Naughty Bear sounds great, will keep an eye out for it when it drops :)

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#8888 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:03 AM

Dead Nation is pretty fun but it has an awful story. You will laugh your ass off at it.

I look forward to it, thanks!!

Dead Nation is pretty solid. Got it free for plus last Halloween. Sort of an overhead 2-stick style zombie shooter. Well-done...but pretty tough on normal/hard...

I picked up Amy and Ghostbusters, too, but haven't gotten around to trying them yet. But, hey, at those prices, even if they're kinda meh, it's still a decent deal.

And, yes, get HOTD...especially if you have a PS Move setup... All 3 games are great. 3 and 4 are sort of more straightforward on-rails zombie shooters, while Overkill is an awesome grindhouse-style horror/comedy (I think it holds a record for the most swearing in a game, though, and there's a lot of "adult" content...so if you're easily offended or have kids around, maybe not the best choice, but otherwise, it's a blast...).

My thought exactly there.

And thanks for the input on HOTD, I do indeed have a PS Move setup, that part there swayed me! Thank you!!

Dead Nation is a fantastic game is you like twin stick shooters. I liked it enough to get the platinum and felt $7.50 was well worth the purchase. This is a great price for DN.

I picked up Ghostbusters cause it was cheap and I grew up with the films. I'm not expecting the best game in the world but it can't be as bad as the comments on AMY.

Sweet, makes me excited to play! And my thought with GB and after seeing what was said about AMY, I think GB for so cheap should justify the AMY purchase.

#8889 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:12 AM

Sony should pay you to play Amy.

#8890 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

Should I just remove this from my games?

#8891 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

Im thinking about doing it. Im not even going to force myself to finish it. Good thing it was only $2.50, idk if there was a demo but I should of checked first.

Maybe it was just me but soon as the game started it was all glitchy and laggy like the frame rate was all fucked up....and it continued to be like that for majority of the time I played. Controls are horrible also.

#8892 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

For $2.50 I bought it knowing I most likely will never even install it. As a horror game fan, I'll support a developer who is atleast trying to make a real horror game.

#8893 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:16 AM

For $2.50 I bought it knowing I most likely will never even install it. As a horror game fan, I'll support a developer who is atleast trying to make a real horror game.

Enabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbler~

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#8894 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

I grabbed these:

"Iffy" is a good word to describe it ;) It's a decent game wrapped in poor graphics and unfunny writing. The twin-stick shooter gameplay is kind of fun, though, even if it sometimes seems like you spend more time reviving your teammates or being revived by them than fighting the ghosts.
Posted Image

#8895 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

New system software update is hitting the PS3 next Tuesday.

"Next Tuesday, October 23rd, we will be releasing a new system software update for PlayStation 3 (version 4.30). With this update we have made several changes to how Trophies are displayed on your PlayStation 3. The Trophy Collection will now reside under PlayStation Network on the XMB. Trophies that you have earned playing PlayStation Vita games are now displayed on your PlayStation 3. You will also be able to see your Trophy level and progress towards the next level while viewing your trophy collection. "

http://blog.us.plays...e-update-v4-30/

#8896 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:04 AM

Glad Vita trophies are showing up finally.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#8897 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

Yea, halle-fuckin-lujah! Now we just need Vita player status on the PS3...

#8898 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:23 AM

I'd be surprised if they ever do that, since that would mean you could only be signed in on PSN on your Vita or PS3 at any time. Plus some Vita games disable network connections for some reason, so I'm not sure how Sony could get it to work.

#8899 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:50 AM

Just FYI...for anyone dropping down $15 on the PSN version of Naughty Bear: Panic in Paradise, a $20 disc version (called Naughty Bear Double Trouble) is out the 23rd that apparently includes both that AND Naughty Bear Gold on disc.

I don't think Naughty Bear is even worth the time it takes to load up. Boring, boring, boring. And I got it for $4. GREAT concept, horrible execution. Perhaps worth giving a shot for the novelty factor (especially if you have people over), but certainly not for 20, or even $15.

#8900 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:52 AM

I'd be surprised if they ever do that, since that would mean you could only be signed in on PSN on your Vita or PS3 at any time. Plus some Vita games disable network connections for some reason, so I'm not sure how Sony could get it to work.

Except it already works the other way. When I'm on my vita I can see what all my ps3 friends are doing, just not the other way around. Certainly seems like it should be possible.

#8901 htz

htz

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:03 AM

Except it already works the other way. When I'm on my vita I can see what all my ps3 friends are doing, just not the other way around. Certainly seems like it should be possible.

If it was possible, I'm sure Sony would had implemented it by now. They are probably making Vita integration with the PS4 more appealing just to have another selling point when that console comes out.

#8902 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:31 AM

Ok, what's you point?

If you're playing something on Vita and PS3 at the same time for whatever reason the PS3 can't show you playing two different things which is why it only works one way, hence why I said the only way it could work is if you could only be signed in on the PS3 or Vita at one time.

And again, some Vita games disable wireless so it wouldn't work for all games anyways.

#8903 mrbomb

mrbomb

A Tasty Classic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

Corpse Party half off starting this week till November 6th ($9.99)! The sequel is coming out this winter as well, Book of Shadows!!! Love this game, pretty much a must buy at this price.

http://blog.us.plays...-sale-tomorrow/
Posted Image

#8904 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

Corpse Party half off starting this week till November 6th ($9.99)! The sequel is coming out this winter as well, Book of Shadows!!! Love this game, pretty much a must buy at this price.

Awesome! I was thinking about eventually buying Corpse Party. This just motivates me to buy it sooner.

Kind of wish there was a digital comic book blow out sale for the closing of the comic section of PSN on October 30.

#8905 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

Corpse party on sale tomorrow?! Sequel coming this winter?! Can I get a whoop whoop?! :bouncy:
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#8906 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

Finally!! Waited ages for a Corpse Party sale. Now I need xseed and nis sale blowouts please :)

#8907 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

Awesome, just in time for Halloween. Been thinking of getting Corpse Party, but wanted to wait for it to be on sale.

Hopefully, the sequel will be Vita compatible like the original is (since I'm sure some people will be asking).

Edit: PS+ update:

- Need For Speed: Most Wanted 10% off
- Timed Trial of Metal of Honor: Warfighter
- Wonder Boy in Monster Land $1
- Hell Yeah DLC 20% off

Edited by Zonic505, 22 October 2012 - 05:23 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#8908 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

have they ever clarified if Most Wanted would end up as a cross-buy title or not?

Corpse party on sale tomorrow?! Sequel coming this winter?! Can I get a whoop whoop?! :bouncy:

Posted Image

#8909 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

Awesome, just in time for Halloween. Been thinking of getting Corpse Party, but wanted to wait for it to be on sale.

Hopefully, the sequel will be Vita compatible like the original is (since I'm sure some people will be asking).

Edit: PS+ update:

- Need For Speed: Most Wanted 10% off
- Timed Trial of Metal of Honor: Warfighter
- Wonder Boy in Monster Land $1
- Hell Yeah DLC 20% off

nice another $1 sega title definitely grabbing that, I wonder how long they will keep releasing these

k3t3QR6.jpg?1

#8910 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

I had serious doubts about the sequel making it stateside!

What good news!

Thanks for the heads up.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD