Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#901 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:39 AM

Five.

#902 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

I can see that being a huge issue during your sub to PS+, but does it persist once it expires so you can never purchase it? Obviously you'd like to buy it when it's on sale during the sub, but if the latter is true then that's pretty retarded lol.

It's a non issue. If your PS+ has lapsed, you can buy at the sale price. If not, well, you currently have access to the game, so what's the big deal?

You're basically painting a scenario where you've planned on playing a game later when you don't expect to have PS+, and are upset that you've missed out on a sale. Which is weird.

#903 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

It's a non issue. If your PS+ has lapsed, you can buy at the sale price. If not, well, you currently have access to the game, so what's the big deal?

You're basically painting a scenario where you've planned on playing a game later when you don't expect to have PS+, and are upset that you've missed out on a sale. Which is weird.

For Age of Zombies nonetheless. I've noticed gamers like to get wrapped up in the principle of the thing. Are they really going to want to play Age of Zombies five years from now? Probably not, but just the idea of them not being able to even though they barely paid anything to play it is too much for them to handle.

Getting mad that you couldn't take advantage of a $2-3 sale because your free game that you can already play is potentially going to expire in the future is asinine.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#904 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:37 AM

Eh, if Journey never goes on sale, then I'll never own it. Simple as that. Two can play that game.

you lose that game

#905 udaozzy

udaozzy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

I really wish sony would fix these PSP game prices on the PSN. It's pretty ridiculous that I can get Daxter + Secret Agent Clank game for $15, but Daxter alone is $16 and Secret Agent Clank alone is $20. I know the bundles are supposed to be a deal, but shouldn't both of them be under 15 dollars in this case?

#906 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

I really wish sony would fix these PSP game prices on the PSN. It's pretty ridiculous that I can get Daxter + Secret Agent Clank game for $15, but Daxter alone is $16 and Secret Agent Clank alone is $20. I know the bundles are supposed to be a deal, but shouldn't both of them be under 15 dollars in this case?

I agree the pricing may be silly, but isn't two games for $15 a better deal than buying both separately for $36? I can see why they may want to keep the regular prices high to help promote bundle sales.

#907 udaozzy

udaozzy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

I agree the pricing may be silly, but isn't two games for $15 a better deal than buying both separately for $36? I can see why they may want to keep the regular prices high to help promote bundle sales.

I'm just using that as an example of really stupid or weird pricing. And I'm not suggesting they bring the price down to just 1 or 2 dollars below the bundle. But it should not be a -$21 deal for games this old. Especially since the games are from First (or Second) party studios, who they should hold some control over price-wise. I just wish they were a bit more competitive with new prices with physical copies. I know they can't compete with used prices, but they should at least be able to compete with new.

Right now it just feels like they are price gouging early Vita adopters for everything they can. Not only did we have to pay premium price for an inferior product with their memory cards, but now we have to pay way more for the same game for LAST generations games, of which the whole library available (I know about the PS3->Vita trick). They need to step up their game if they want people to buy a Vita over a PSP. Right now, I sorta wish I had just picked up an old PSP used and bought from some of these B2G1 used sales. Not to say I don't like my Vita, I just hate that if I want to play something on it during the low periods I have to pay so much more money than if I just had a PSP.

#908 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

What they're saying is suppose a game goes on sale for a crazy good deal but you already have it free from PS+. They are planning to end their sub once it's up and want said game, but the issue is they can't buy it until it lapses and thus miss out on the sale price. Once the sub is up the game is full price again and they don't have access to it. That's the issue.

#909 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

its a non issue for those of us who see the insane value of ps+ and have over a year left on our sub.

Others should just realize that trading in 1 or 2 games to Bestbuy during their special trade in offer and having them pricematch a psn card from any other retailer during their sale times to get another year worth of PS+ for peanuts is easier than sweating the fact that they can't buy a game they already have access to.

If I only had $50 to spend on gaming per year it would be on plus. I have so many full games its not even funny, I have to delete the ones I have fully beaten and don't plan on playing again to keep free space on my 320gig.

edit: I had a copy of Shift 2: Unleashed taht gave me almost $13 in credit at best buy. it was free for PS+.
Posted Image

#910 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

its a non issue for those of us who see the insane value of ps+ and have over a year left on our sub.

Others should just realize that trading in 1 or 2 games to Bestbuy during their special trade in offer and having them pricematch a psn card from any other retailer during their sale times to get another year worth of PS+ for peanuts is easier than sweating the fact that they can't buy a game they already have access to.

If I only had $50 to spend on gaming per year it would be on plus. I have so many full games its not even funny, I have to delete the ones I have fully beaten and don't plan on playing again to keep free space on my 320gig.

edit: I had a copy of Shift 2: Unleashed taht gave me almost $13 in credit at best buy. it was free for PS+.

How often do retailers put PSN cards on sale? I can only remember that time when Target had the misprint that had the 1 year card for like 14.99. This is an honest question, I likely wanna extend my + when this year lapses.

#911 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

How often do retailers put PSN cards on sale? I can only remember that time when Target had the misprint that had the 1 year card for like 14.99. This is an honest question, I likely wanna extend my + when this year lapses.

PSN cards were on sale a week or two ago at Toys R Us as part of their 15% promotion. If I had to guess I'd say you could can find a deal on them every 4-6 months. PSN also had a sale about a year ago on PS+ for $35 IIRC, hopefully they'll repeat that sale again this year.

#912 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

What they're saying is suppose a game goes on sale for a crazy good deal but you already have it free from PS+. They are planning to end their sub once it's up and want said game, but the issue is they can't buy it until it lapses and thus miss out on the sale price. Once the sub is up the game is full price again and they don't have access to it. That's the issue.

This is what I meant.

I actually really enjoyed that western game. Lead of Gold or something. Really enjoyed it for free and id like to keep it. Its that good. Oh hey its on sale at a crazy price , I think $3 or less but can't take advantage of it. Well that blows.

If a game I enjoy alot is worth it, I want to buy it, specially at a cheap price. And since some of them only drop in price from time to time or rarely. Not complaining about ps+ but that to me is a major flaw.

#913 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

I see no reason why Sony won't let us buy games that we have already gotten for free via PS+?

Just put a warning....

ATTENTION USER...
Did you know that you already paid $50 to get this game for "free" and are about to pay another $10 to us Sony, for the same game that we already gave you for "free".
Are you sure you want to give us more money right now?
[]Yes []Hell Yes! []Here's my CC info for you to leak!

I can't see why Sony would want to include a []No option there?

Edited by AoA, 15 April 2012 - 12:09 AM.

#914 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

Damn! Didn't notice that bundle! Gonna get it! Thanks!:D

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#915 xplode427

xplode427

can't buy me love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

Can anyone recommend any of these psp games? I bought disgaea:aod but I didn't really like it. Too much menu manipulation. And no my favorite story. I liked chaos rings on my iPhone much better. I just got a vita and I'm looking for some new games.

Alternate Deals

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

#916 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

So play it and finish it now, while you still have the subscription. The free games are almost always super short. If you're just going to horde the free games without playing them, don't claim them.

#917 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

Where is IATCG when you need him.

How long do you think PS+ and PSN for PS3 will be supported after PS4 is released? Will it merge or will we lose everything maybe 2 years later. Say you want to keep paying $50/year, but no new content so it's a fee just to "keep" your free games. Is it worth it then? All those PSN titles you bought, how long will you be able to download them? Obviously PS+ like service will be on PS4, but will they be compatible?

Not everyone is a play a game once then who cares type of person. Or else why do PS1 and PS2 classics still sell? This thread alone went nuts over Final Fantasy PS1 Spring Fever.

Bloodrayne, Hard Corps Uprising, Limbo, Infamous Festival of Blood, maybe even Amy or Bionic Commando 2: Rearmed are a few titles that I think had PS+ discounts the day of release. Paying a premium membership fee for rentals, cloud saves, auto-updates, and canceled Qore does not feel like enough, so the deal depends on the discounts imo.

#918 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

Can anyone recommend any of these psp games? I bought disgaea:aod but I didn't really like it. Too much menu manipulation. And no my favorite story.

(snip)

Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off

If you disliked Disgaea 3, you won't like Disgaea, Disgaea 2, or Phantom Brave for the same reasons. I wouldn't recommend Disgaea Infinite, either, since it's nothing more than a "choose your own adventure" story where you replay the same two brief stories a few times until you find the winning path, and after that just exhaust every possible option to see alternate/bad endings and unlock journal entries about the Disgaea characters and the Disgaea universe. It can be enjoyable for diehard fans, but it gets old amazingly quickly.

The two Prinny games, while also based in the Disgaea setting, are 2D platform games, so you might give them a try. (I own them but have yet to play them.)

#919 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

Not allowing people who have PS+ to purchase a game that Sony has already offered 'free' with the PS+ service is like saying that Sony doesn't like making more money from people. I mean, sure, they have the $50(or $14.99 if ya got in on the Target error) fee from everyone for the service, but wouldn't another $5-10 or whatever be even better if someone is willing to pay to buy those games?

It just doesn't make sense that they don't allow some sort of buy option for a version to keep if people want to buy/keep the game and not just if they keep their PS+ subscription going.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#920 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

Not allowing people who have PS+ to purchase a game that Sony has already offered 'free' with the PS+ service is like saying that Sony doesn't like making more money from people. I mean, sure, they have the $50(or $14.99 if ya got in on the Target error) fee from everyone for the service, but wouldn't another $5-10 or whatever be even better if someone is willing to pay to buy those games?

It just doesn't make sense that they don't allow some sort of buy option for a version to keep if people want to buy/keep the game and not just if they keep their PS+ subscription going.

I don't think it's necessarily that they don't want to let people buy the game a second time, but that those people already own the game for all intents and purposes. The system isn't really set-up to really recognize the difference between the normal and PS+ version of ownership of a game since it only knows that you either own it or you don't. It'd be nice if they added that option, but I'd imagine that there's more to it or they would've done it by now.

#921 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:08 AM

And so we come back to the same answer as always. "It's not set up to work that way." Why not? "Well, it's because it's not set up to work that way." Could they fix it? "No, they can't or don't want to, as evidenced by the fact that it's not set up to work that way." . . .

Whatever. I'm going to go steal underpants now so I can profit in step three.

#922 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:11 AM

so is Gamestop.com holding a seperate sale or what?

#923 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:19 AM

And so we come back to the same answer as always. "It's not set up to work that way." Why not? "Well, it's because it's not set up to work that way." Could they fix it? "No, they can't or don't want to, as evidenced by the fact that it's not set up to work that way." . . .

Whatever. I'm going to go steal underpants now so I can profit in step three.

I doubt they anticipated that any PS+ members would rather pay for those games than get them for free.

so is Gamestop.com holding a seperate sale or what?

What sale?

#924 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:37 AM

And so we come back to the same answer as always. "It's not set up to work that way." Why not? "Well, it's because it's not set up to work that way." Could they fix it? "No, they can't or don't want to, as evidenced by the fact that it's not set up to work that way."

Sony has managed to make take some huge steps adding functionality to there network, steps that have been far more beneficial (IMO) to the user than anything that's been added to Live or Nintendo's online since those services debuted. Trophies, background downloads, more detailed friends lists and so on. Yeah, Live had those features day one, and Sony is still in the process of playing catch-up to them on other features, but at least they've been making progress. We're still waiting for MS to increase the friends limit two years after they took down the Live service for the original Xbox.

The problem is those features are clearly bolted on to the existing PSN software architecture. Having to manually sync trophies serves as a constant reminder that the trophy system was afterthought that went live when it was "good enough" rather than when it was "done."

We're late enough in the console lifecycle that it doesn't make much sense for them to invest in fixing things now. Hopefully these companies have learned from their design mistakes and are designing online infrastructures that are far more flexible for their next systems.

#925 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:15 AM

I doubt they anticipated that any PS+ members would rather pay for those games than get them for free.

LOL seriously

#926 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:42 AM

What sale?

The dude that quoted the gamestop psp sales you have listed in the op made it look like GS was having a sale.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#927 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:48 AM

The dude that quoted the gamestop psp sales you have listed in the op made it look like GS was having a sale.

Ahh. They've been at that price since December when they were on sale on PSN at that price.

I guess it's for the same reason that Super Meat Boy is still $10 despite that being a launch week sale.

#928 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

Ahh. They've been at that price since December when they were on sale on PSN at that price.

I guess it's for the same reason that Super Meat Boy is still $10 despite that being a launch week sale.

k makes sense... still wish amazon was selling the digital stuff more than gamestop :(

#929 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

Another explanation for the lack of a buy option for Plus users is that it would take money to figure out how to make it so that Plus users could buy something that they already have access to, which would likely be something where you can still purchase a game even though you already own it. Sony probably thinks (and I don't blame them) that the amount of people who want to do this does not make enough of a profit to warrant such a decision to re-code the store. Plus, you'd have to deal with the headaches of morons buying games they already own and then blaming Sony.

Unless you want the store to be able to differentiate between non-Plus and Plus members and then offer the purchase option to PS+ users who have downloaded a free game but have not purchased it yet, which would probably take a ridiculous amount of money and wouldn't even be close to worth it.

I'd be very surprised if the people who wanted to purchase games they can already play were in the majority.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#930 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

It sounds like you guys are complaining that you can't spend more money than you already are. Worry about "actually buying" a game when you finally lose access to your free copy. Missed out on a discount of literally a few bucks that occurred for a week 2 years ago? I'm sure you'll live.

By the time you DO get around to losing access to that game you claimed and never played and now finally want to boot up, it'll probably be available for the current sale price anyway. I bought Grandia a couple months ago at the PS+ sale price of $6 or whatever, back when full price on it was $10. Now it's a $5.99 title, full price. It pays to wait, literally.