Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#9331 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

Was bored at work, so wrote a CAG blog about Europe and US PS+ programs, if anyone is interested. I made a list off all the games the EU and US has gotten as well, if anyone is interested in that.

If you do end up reading it, please post in the comments there, as not to bog down this thread. Thanks.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#9332 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

You do realize that this isn't the contest thread, right? You automatically lose if you guess here.

Eh fail, I'm on my phone so I thought it was you linking to a post made earlier. Whatever I guess then

And to kreb, its barely a month old AND a Koei/Dynasty Warriors game. Orochi 3 has been out like a year on PSN and never dropped, this was the last thing I expected. Plus isn't it still glitched too?

#9333 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

Closure worth $5 ?

http://blog.us.plays...rting-tomorrow/

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Fibbage  $0.58 (PS3)

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#9334 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

Closure worth $5 ?

There's a demo. I thought it was enjoyable, challenging and made you think how to solve the levels. I played through some at my friend's house and I'll likely pick it up assuming I have electricity to do so.

#9335 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

Was bored at work, so wrote a CAG blog about Europe and US PS+ programs, if anyone is interested. I made a list off all the games the EU and US has gotten as well, if anyone is interested in that.

If you do end up reading it, please post in the comments there, as not to bog down this thread. Thanks.

Seeing at those lists, in my opinion Europe is getting a better quality treatment.

USA:
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
Starhawk (Single Player)
King of Fighters XIII

VS.

Europe:
Darksiders
Motorstorm Apocalypse
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dead Space 2
Red Dead Redemption
Bulletstorm
Resident Evil 5

Come on!!!!
Posted Image

#9336 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

lol, look forward to reading this.

#9337 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

Anyone have experience with Super Monkey Ball for the Vita?
Is the game good enough to be get the 40 cent DLC now and then get the game later if it goes on sale?

#9338 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

Is the game good enough to be get the 40 cent DLC now and then get the game later if it goes on sale?

The DLC is just for level creation, so only get that if you're gonna be interested in doin that.

As for Europe vs. US, the only games I'm jealous that they have that we didn't get is Oddworld. By the way, US gave away Rock of Ages too. I still prefer the US Plus program. I don't want retail games that I can buy for less than $10.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#9339 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

The DLC is just for level creation, so only get that if you're gonna be interested in doin that.

As for Europe vs. US, the only games I'm jealous that they have that we didn't get is Oddworld. By the way, US gave away Rock of Ages too. I still prefer the US Plus program. I don't want retail games that I can buy for less than $10.

You got a point there.
Posted Image

#9340 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

I'd rather have PSN games because it's much harder to find deals on those. There's only one real outlet so if it doesn't ever go on sale there, you're forced to buy it at full-price. I have plenty of places at my disposal when it comes to finding deals on retail games.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#9341 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

Thanks. I guess I'll be saving 0.40 then because I know I won't be making any levels even if I buy the game. (and especially not if I don't buy the game)

#9342 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

Closure worth $5 ?

Yeah. It was just $7.50 a couple months ago and I bought it. Only about half way through, but it's a quality puzzler. I got stuck a couple times already so it may be pretty hard as you get deeper into the game.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#9343 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

Seeing at those lists, in my opinion Europe is getting a better quality treatment.

USA:
Starhawk (Single Player)
King of Fighters XIII

VS.

Europe:
Darksiders
Motorstorm Apocalypse
Dead Space 2
Red Dead Redemption
Bulletstorm
Resident Evil 5

Come on!!!!

Wow I didn't realize how lopsided it really was, and I have almost none of the games in their list, and could care less about 2 of the 3 in ours. C'mon Sony!

125365.png

#9344 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:44 AM

Funny, I have all the Europe PS+ games but none on our US PS+. :D

#9345 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:51 AM

It's normally 1.99 so not worth a buck 50 in savings if you don't even have the game yet!

#9346 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

Wow I didn't realize how lopsided it really was, and I have almost none of the games in their list, and could care less about 2 of the 3 in ours. C'mon Sony!

I think that's just his list of games, as there have been a lot more than what he listed.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#9347 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

I think that's just his list of games, as there have been a lot more than what he listed.

It's just a comparison of the retail games.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#9348 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:17 AM

It's just a comparison of the retail games.

Those weren't all of the retail games that each region got, so it's cut down for whatever reason. We've gotten quite a bit more than three retail games in five months.

#9349 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:19 AM

Those weren't all of the retail games that each region got, so it's cut down for whatever reason. We've gotten quite a bit more than three retail games in five months.

Those are the retail games that were only released in each region. Tyler posted three lists: games that were released in both regions, games released in only US, and games released in EU.

FerDK took the last two lists and stripped it down to just the retail games.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#9350 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

Those are the retail games that were only released in each region. Tyler posted three lists: games that were released in both regions, games released in only US, and games released in EU.

FerDK took the last two lists and stripped it down to just the retail games.

I get that now, but he didn't say that in his post. Either way, my point was that it's not the full list of retail games, which is true.

#9351 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

I get that now, but he didn't say that in his post. Either way, my point was that it's not the full list of retail games, which is true.

But that's irrelevant to FerDK's point. When comparing two regions to see which one is better, the retail games that are common between them are canceled out. They don't need to be mentioned.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#9352 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:02 AM

Spent 60 so far, and plan to get Okami tomorrow to make it 80. Might as well get something to bring it to 100

#9353 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

I pay for both US and Europe PS plus but do play most the EU games more. Other than the free stuff I don't tend to buy anything on discount from over there though.

#9354 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:21 AM

Well I guess I'm gonna get that WWE Access Pass. Now I just need a deal for WWE 13 on Black Friday.

#9355 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:57 AM

USA:
Starhawk (Single Player)
King of Fighters XIII

VS.

Europe:
Darksiders
Motorstorm Apocalypse
Dead Space 2
Red Dead Redemption
Bulletstorm
Resident Evil 5

Come on!!!!

Damn, that is a good list. I have a lot of those EU games on PC but I'd love a console version of DS2, Deus Ex, and Darksiders.

PS+ has been a huge disappointment for me. Almost none of these titles have interested me at all save InFamous 2 and I have other games I'd rather play first before I dive into that. I'm sick of all these obscure Japanese games.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#9356 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:12 AM

If you have a U.S. account on PS3, can you also have a Europe account too? I know this can be done on 360 but can it be done on PS3? Thanks.

#9357 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

If you have a U.S. account on PS3, can you also have a Europe account too? I know this can be done on 360 but can it be done on PS3? Thanks.

Of course.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#9358 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:16 AM

How? And can I use a U.S. $50 PSN card to purchase games off the Europeon store?

#9359 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:25 AM

How? And can I use a U.S. $50 PSN card to purchase games off the Europeon store?

Set your region as Europe? (come on... use some common sense) and no. EU supports paypal I guess, so you can use that.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#9360 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

Yep, I was pointing out the retail games for each region on the lists made by tylerh1701.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE PS+ and I don't complain, I just think we need some balance between USA and Europe retail and PSN free games.

:)
Posted Image