Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#9361 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:44 AM

Yep, I was pointing out the retail games for each region on the lists made by tylerh1701.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE PS+ and I don't complain, I just think we need some balance between USA and Europe retail and PSN free games.

:)

To be fair, EU has always been the "best plus". Prior to the instant game collection days, they gave away plenty of unique dynamic themes (2 a month I believe) and several avatars. Some of the themes went to other regions over time, but many of the avatars never crossed region. As far as more games coming over, I am really on the fence with that.

On one hand it was awesome getting King of Fighters, but on the other I see space coming into play. Starhawk was 10 gb if I recall and several other games were in that range. Lets also not forget that many of these games can be had for as much (or less) than the PSN titles we get in the US. I rather get more games like Double Dragon Neon, which are fun / enjoyable and new so I don't go "aw I wish I had waited" or "another week where I don't get anything new".

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#9362 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

I just read two pages of the comments on the PS Blog post about the Plus update. I think I need to take a shower.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#9363 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

Set your region as Europe? (come on... use some common sense) and no. EU supports paypal I guess, so you can use that.

you can only use paypal if your paypal account is tied to that country which means US can't create an EU account and use paypal on it, unless they have a paypal account tied to the country in which they ade the paypal account.

Example:
You make an UK account you need to have your paypal account tied to your with an UK address otherwise it won't work

http://en.support.so...etail/a_id/2949

If your Sony Entertainment Network account is registered in one of the countries listed below, then you can top-up your wallet with PayPal™ using our Account Management site:
Austria
Luxembourg
Belgium
Netherlands
Finland
Portugal
France
Slovenia
Greece
Spain
Ireland
United Kingdom
Italy

Please note that your PayPal™ account must be registered in the same country as your Sony Entertainment Network account. For example, if your Sony Entertainment Network account was set up in France, you will only be able to use PayPal™ if your PayPal™ account billing address is also in France.
:error:
Spoiler

#9364 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:24 AM

To be fair, EU has always been the "best plus". Prior to the instant game collection days, they gave away plenty of unique dynamic themes (2 a month I believe) and several avatars. Some of the themes went to other regions over time, but many of the avatars never crossed region. As far as more games coming over, I am really on the fence with that.

On one hand it was awesome getting King of Fighters, but on the other I see space coming into play. Starhawk was 10 gb if I recall and several other games were in that range. Lets also not forget that many of these games can be had for as much (or less) than the PSN titles we get in the US. I rather get more games like Double Dragon Neon, which are fun / enjoyable and new so I don't go "aw I wish I had waited" or "another week where I don't get anything new".

KOF XIII was a great addition, DD Neon and Scott Pilgrim are really fun (specially if you couch co-op with some friends).
Hope to see at PS+ in the near future:
- Metal Gear Solid (PSOne)
- God Hand (Ps2)
- Plant vs Zombies (I know it was free before but I missed that sale)
- Trine (same as PvZ)
- Okami HD
- Catherine
- Lollipop Chainsaw
- Castlevania Lords of Shadow.
Posted Image

#9365 thetruelokre

thetruelokre

Secretly three gophers in a human costume

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:27 AM

i am really hoping the psn updates early today, i have the digital assassin's creed 3 two pack preordered =/

527753.png?23636769

#9366 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:30 AM

I just read two pages of the comments on the PS Blog post about the Plus update. I think I need to take a shower.

:applause:
I swear that some of those kids that comment at the PS US Blog are complete retards.
Posted Image

#9367 the4thnobleman

the4thnobleman

Helpdesk Wookiee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:12 AM

I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

#9368 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation is already on the PSN store (US). The only way to get it is to search for it.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#9369 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

Awesome! I just read that the WWE 13 axxess pass is only $10 for plus users. I usually get my WWE games on xbox but decided to get this one on ps3 for some reason. That worked out nicely!

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#9370 thetruelokre

thetruelokre

Secretly three gophers in a human costume

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

just found the AC3 bundle is up to dl, grabbing it now =-]

527753.png?23636769

#9371 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

Might as well mention this, but it seems there's a V4.31 update available. It's optional, & it's mainly for stability, particularly for Monster Hunter Portable 3 HD.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9372 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

I'm sure no one here needs any extra reason to get Okami HD, but IGN gave it a very favorable review: http://www.ign.com/a...okami-hd-review

#9373 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

Haha ya that's what prompted me to write my blog post here. It gets worse every week over there.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#9374 captaintek3304

captaintek3304

You can't slim down bone, stupid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

Ok, I know I'm late to the party, but I'm finally getting around to playing Spelunker HD. And it's one of the most boring games I've ever seen. Ever.

I can also finally settle the debate as to why games like Demons/Dark Souls are revered for their difficulty, and games like Spelunker are hated. It's because the Souls series isnt based off shitty controls and an incredibly poor detection system. There's a difference between being difficult because it was designed that way, and being difficult because it's such a poorly put together game.

ProfessorStotch.png

Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Recently added:

- FFX-2 HD Remaster download code (Vita): $12!

#9375 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Bought NFS Most Wanted last minute to get it at 10% off- used my free 50 dollar psn card to get me over 100- will use free 20 to get Okami hd

#9376 INCyr

INCyr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Does anyone know how large Okami HD is?

#9377 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

Set your region as Europe? (come on... use some common sense) and no. EU supports paypal I guess, so you can use that.

I just used my credit card. Put all the information in correctly. It wouldn't let me change the UK but surprisingly it took it.

#9378 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

Ok, I know I'm late to the party, but I'm finally getting around to playing Spelunker HD. And it's one of the most boring games I've ever seen. Ever.

I can also finally settle the debate as to why games like Demons/Dark Souls are revered for their difficulty, and games like Spelunker are hated. It's because the Souls series isnt based off shitty controls and an incredibly poor detection system. There's a difference between being difficult because it was designed that way, and being difficult because it's such a poorly put together game.

Glad you could finally settle this debate without any bias or baseless facts. Can't wait to read the review! :roll:

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#9379 captaintek3304

captaintek3304

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Glad you could finally settle this debate without any bias or baseless facts. Can't wait to read the review! :roll:

I originally wrote a lengthy response, but then realized I would be debating against someone who has yet to concede on this board that they might be wrong about something. I'll just quit while I'm ahead.

ProfessorStotch.png

Recently added:

#9380 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

I originally wrote a lengthy response, but then realized I would be debating against someone who has yet to concede on this board that they might be wrong about something. I'll just quit while I'm ahead.

I've conceded many times that I was wrong about things, but I guess a win is a win and I won't complain.

#9381 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

Does anyone know how large Okami HD is?

I'm also curious about this. Makes me sick that my 500GB hard drive will be full soon. I blame this trend of most AAA games requiring a 4-5 Gig install. Sure I could delete a bunch of those to make room, but I like the idea of being able to throw in any game I own and play right away (as opposed to waiting 20 min for an install). Oh well.

#9382 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

Assuming you're not just trolling, I'll respond. I enjoyed Spelunker HD so far. I definitely don't think Spelunker HD is poorly put together. The game works as it is intended, and is plenty fair to me, just difficult.

That being said, I don't like blisteringly hard games. I don't know how far I'll make it through Spelunker HD, but so far I've enjoyed my time and enjoyed getting better at the game.

Demon Souls was super boring to me. It's been forever since I played it, but the action was incredibly dull and retracing my steps over and over got old real quick.

:applause:

#9383 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

I'm also curious about this. Makes me sick that my 500GB hard drive will be full soon. I blame this trend of most AAA games requiring a 4-5 Gig install. Sure I could delete a bunch of those to make room, but I like the idea of being able to throw in any game I own and play right away (as opposed to waiting 20 min for an install). Oh well.

This thread at Gamefaqs says the Wii version is about 4GB and PS2 version is about 3GB, for what that's worth.

Edited by tylerh1701, 30 October 2012 - 05:41 PM.
forgot to link thread

#9384 captaintek3304

captaintek3304

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

Sorry guys, I thought we could joke around and have opinions. But I forgot that some people get their panties in a bunch when you don't like the same games they do.

That being said...yay Spelunker! ZOMG I can't believe you 100%!!!!

ProfessorStotch.png

Recently added:

#9385 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

...it's one of the most boring games I've ever seen. Ever...

...shitty controls and an incredibly poor detection system...

...such a poorly put together game.

You weren't joking around. You were insulting a game you knew a lot of people in this thread enjoyed. You are the one "with your panties in a bunch" who can't seem to handle that others actually enjoyed Spelunker HD.

#9386 captaintek3304

captaintek3304

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

I think the larger install times aren't an indication of anything being wrong. If anything, the bigger the file, the more that it contains. To me, this is one of the strongest benefits of digital media...the fact that it's not limited by the size of a disc or cartridge. Unfortunately, 95% of major games are developed with the intent of being a disc/cartridge, so digital doesn't have a chance to shine in one of the few areas it really could.

But imagine...if games weren't limited to a certain size, there would be no need for compression of audio, video, or textures. Everything would look and sound gorgeous as long as developers had the right tools at their disposal. But it's going to be a loooooong time before digital overcomes physical media as the standard.

ProfessorStotch.png

Recently added:

#9387 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

Ever play NES games? Ninja Gaiden? EDIT: Or I could totally be missing the sarcasm.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#9388 captaintek3304

captaintek3304

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

You weren't joking around. You were insulting a game you knew a lot of people in this thread enjoyed. You are the one "with your panties in a bunch" who can't seem to handle that others actually enjoyed Spelunker HD.

Clearly I was joking around. Any person who "settles a debate" with an insult, is not serious. I guess I misunderstood this thread's ability to pick up on sarcasm. Won't happen again, sir!

ProfessorStotch.png

Recently added:

#9389 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

I think the biggest issue was...

...I can also finally settle the debate...

Not only does that imply your opinion is a fact (which it's not), it instantly throws the book out on having a debate, since you already believe you know it all. I think Tyler was right about this being a troll attempt, but in the off chance it's not, thats why. Finally, if you want to throw out opinions on a game, at least have more knowledge on it. According to your trophies you haven't beat 10 levels (out of 100... 200 with DLC... 400 with online), yet you automatically dismiss your inability to do something as a flaw with the game.

--edit--

Clearly I was joking around. Any person who "settles a debate" with an insult, is not serious. I guess I misunderstood this thread's ability to pick up on sarcasm. Won't happen again, sir!

Clearly you weren't, since you instantly replied to me with an insult.

With this, I am going to definitely assume this is a troll attempt or something just as stupid. Either or, this is the last I am going to say on the subject.

#9390 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Sigged. :applause:
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image

Posted Image