Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#9391 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

Yea, that guy wasn't joking. He was being an ass, got called out for being an ass, didn't like being called an ass, now is trying to cover for being an ass.

And if he was joking, his subtlety and comedic timing needs some serious work.

#9392 breakfuss

breakfuss

PRAISE Polygod ❤

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

I'm wondering if I should grab Blood Festival before it's too late. I didn't really care for Infamous 1, but have Infamous 2 and this would complete the package.

So it looks like Closure and Okami are definites as of right now.

#9393 captaintek3304

captaintek3304

You can't slim down bone, stupid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

I think the biggest issue was...

Not only does that imply your opinion is a fact (which it's not), it instantly throws the book out on having a debate, since you already believe you know it all. I think Tyler was right about this being a troll attempt, but in the off chance it's not, thats why. Finally, if you want to throw out opinions on a game, at least have more knowledge on it. According to your trophies you haven't beat 10 levels (out of 100... 200 with DLC... 400 with online), yet you automatically dismiss your inability to do something as a flaw with the game.

--edit--

Clearly you weren't, since you instantly replied to me with an insult.

With this, I am going to definitely assume this is a troll attempt or something just as stupid. Either or, this is the last I am going to say on the subject.

An opinion is not a fact...they teach you that in 3rd grade for crying out loud. If someone starts a sentence with a "serious" tone and then completes it with a tone that does not sync with that start, clearly we're talking about sarcasm.

If I were to go on any forum and say something like: "I can finally settle the debate on why 24 is not the greatest TV show of all time. While both contain terribly cliche writing at times, 24 fails because it doesn't contain enough smoke monsters and has shitty terrorist plots. " Are you going to take that seriously?

Clearly the tone of the post is not serious, if I'm attempting to critique one thing for lacking in a thing that something else possesses. There is a fact that while 24 does not contain smoke monsters, Spelunker also doesn't have a good control scheme. While both Lost and 24 are considered to be good but sometimes cliche...Spelunker and the Souls series are both considered overly difficult.

I guess I'm pointless in arguing here, because as I foreshadowed, admiral doesn't tend to admit he's wrong about things. He also can't pick up on sarcasm very well.

And finally, regardless of whether a post is a joke or not, if you respond with an insult, expect to get one back. I realize that's childish on my part, but can you say any different of yourself?

I will shy away from making sarcastic posts in the future, since we're dealing with a 1st grade mentality here.

EDIT: And you're right, I haven't finished more than 10 levels. But I'm still playing. If I was being serious about how shitty a game this is, I would have just called it off after the first stage. But weird...I called it all those names...yet I'm still playing it. So does that mean...maybe I wasn't as serious as you had thought I was? You looked at my trophy card, so you know I have a 60% completion rate, and don't stick around with games I'm not at least having fun with.

EDIT 2: Also, I realize I've been entirely on the defensive. I will apologize if my post was misconstrued as serious, as that was not the intention. And this is my last post on it. Reply if you want, I probably won't even read it.

ProfessorStotch.png

Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Recently added:

- FFX-2 HD Remaster download code (Vita): $12!

#9394 Ryan_gf

Ryan_gf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

How long of a game is Okami HD? It look amazing, and I'd just like to know how much content is available to be had here. Worth noting when it comes to adventure games of this nature I'm a complete freak.

#9395 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

How long of a game is Okami HD? It look amazing, and I'd just like to know how much content is available to be had here. Worth noting when it comes to adventure games of this nature I'm a complete freak.

Very very long- longer than most Zelda's at least 30 hours

#9396 rpg

rpg

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

30-40 hours

davey.gifGS Selling LBP2 DC Comics dlc $2-R,Blacklist $5 - P - Amazing Spider-Man PM me insane.gif

rpg49ers.pngcolbert+excited.gifsniper.gif

#9397 Ryan_gf

Ryan_gf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Sold! Thanks for the replies guys :)

#9398 breakfuss

breakfuss

PRAISE Polygod ❤

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

:wall: That argument is going nowhere. I don't think he was being sarcastic, but I also don't think he was being an ass.

If you ever want to know how long it takes to complete a game, howlongtobeat.com is a great resource.

Okami: http://howlongtobeat...ist.php?s=okami

#9399 captaintek3304

captaintek3304

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

:wall: That argument is going nowhere. I don't think he was being sarcastic, but I also don't think he was being an ass.

If you ever want to know how long it takes to complete a game, howlongtobeat.com is a great resource.

Okami: http://howlongtobeat...ist.php?s=okami

I'm curious...what comes after the main game that takes an extra 5 hours?

ProfessorStotch.png

Recently added:

#9400 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

Yea, that guy wasn't joking. He was being an ass, got called out for being an ass, didn't like being called an ass, now is trying to cover for being an ass.

And if he was joking, his subtlety and comedic timing needs some serious work.

This, this, and this.

Sarcasm is an art and if he was being sarcastic, he's a kindergarten finger painter.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#9401 breakfuss

breakfuss

PRAISE Polygod ❤

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Probably collectibles. I've never played it so I have no idea. Usually, the "main game+" accounts for trophies/achievements, but since this hasn't had any before today, it can't be that. So, in all actuality, the trophies might add even more to the game's length.

#9402 Saablic

Saablic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

Main+ usually just means that not only did you do what was required to beat the game, you did side quests, collectibles, etc, but you didn't do everything (100% completion). It keeps from skewing the just to beat the game entries.

At least I hope that is what it means because I have been using that site for years heh.

#9403 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

I kind of envy all of the people who are going to be experiencing Okami for the first time. For my money, it out-Zelda's most Zelda games while being totally innovative. And now you get it in glorious HD with motion controls? Don't be surprised if you find this taking precedent over a lot of the AAA new releases in your respective backlogs.

#9404 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

I kind of envy all of the people who are going to be experiencing Okami for the first time. For my money, it out-Zelda's most Zelda games while being totally innovative. And now you get it in glorious HD with motion controls? Don't be surprised if you find this taking precedent over a lot of the AAA new releases in your respective backlogs.

Damn that's a quite a compliment for the game. I played about 2 hours of Okami on Wii and it was ok but kind of slow (to be fair, every recent Zelda game starts slow as molasses) but I'm looking forward to really digging into this game, despite that fact that I usually try to avoid 40+ hour games.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#9405 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

Is Kenka Bancho not on sale amymore? Or did the sale not start yet?

#9406 KnotInMud12

KnotInMud12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

Tried to buy costume quest complete and it says "This content cannot be accessed on your account."
Not sure exactly what the problem is... I tried to buy it but didn't have enough funds. Tried to add a prepaid credit card and it wouldn't work. I then bought a PSN $20 code from amazon and funded my wallet and now this. Doesn't appear the store has updated yet as I do not see Okami.
Any suggestions?

#9407 helix2

helix2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

I think there will be an update soon as all of the Halloween sales games are reverted back to their standard prices.

#9408 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Tried to buy costume quest complete and it says "This content cannot be accessed on your account."
Not sure exactly what the problem is... I tried to buy it but didn't have enough funds. Tried to add a prepaid credit card and it wouldn't work. I then bought a PSN $20 code from amazon and funded my wallet and now this. Doesn't appear the store has updated yet as I do not see Okami.
Any suggestions?

Are you in PS +? I'm thinking it may have been a free game at some point and that's why.

ach.png

#9409 KnotInMud12

KnotInMud12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

I think there will be an update soon as all of the Halloween sales games are reverted back to their standard prices.

I see that now. Missed by about 5 minutes apparently.

The set was part of the special and not a normal store item. That's why I keep getting that message.

#9410 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

Is Kenka Bancho not on sale anymore? Or did the sale not start yet?

It was on sale last week, so perhaps it only lasted a week and the deal ended today.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9411 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

If it seems like the store hasn't updated and deals are not available anymore, that means they're updating the store at the moment. That also means that you waited until just after the last possible moment to get it.

#9412 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Off topic x 1000, but....

Disney just bought LucasFilm and plans to release Star Wars Episode VII in 2015.

http://www.ign.com/a...ii-set-for-2015

Thought this was a joke article at first.. but it seems to be confirmed by everywhere I look.

#9413 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

Disney just bought LucasFilm and plans to release Star Wars Episode VII in 2015.

Thought this was a joke article at first.. but it seems to be confirmed by everywhere I look.

Yea, it's being reported in lots of places. It is a sad day for us all.

#9414 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

There's a thread about it already in the Off-Topic sub-forum, I suggest you join in on it if you wanna discuss it further. Like I said in there, feels like Disney is trying to have a monopoly on my childhood lol.

#9415 captaintek3304

captaintek3304

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

Does this mean the current Star Wars movies are going into the vault? The only benefit I see from this is the fact that Disney is a complete sucker for re-releases and money and might consider releasing a Blu Ray collection of the original, unedited films.

ProfessorStotch.png

Recently added:

#9416 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

Very odd that I'm first hearing about that in the PSN thread on CAG...

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#9417 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

Store is updated:
http://blog.us.plays...ore-update-263/

#9418 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

PS Store blog is up.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9419 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

OOOh... Catherine for $20!

#9420 rpg

rpg

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

okami hd File Size: 6.2 GB

Last Chance (Leaving on 11/6)

Instant Game Collection – NFL Blitz

Discount – Wonder Boy in Monster World
Discount – Hell Yeah! Pimp My Rabbit DLC
Discount – Hell Yeah! Virtual Rabbit Missions DLC
Discount – SEGA Rally Arcade
Discount – One Piece Pirate Warriors
Discount – Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz Complete DLC Bundle
Discount – King of Fighters XIII: Iori with the Power of Flames
Discount – King of Fighters XIII: Mr. Karate
Discount – King of Fighters XIII: Nests Style Kyo
Discount – King of Fighters XIII: Unlock All
Discount – King of Fighters XIII: Billy Saiki (Human Form)
Discount – King of Fighters XIII: Unlock Customize Colors
Discount – King of Fighters XIII: Unlock Gallery
Discount – King of Fighters XIII: Unlock Icons

davey.gifGS Selling LBP2 DC Comics dlc $2-R,Blacklist $5 - P - Amazing Spider-Man PM me insane.gif

rpg49ers.pngcolbert+excited.gifsniper.gif