Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#931 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

Nah, man, these guys are upset because they're going to want to play Digger HD ten years from now and PS+ might not exist. I forgot how amazing Digger HD was.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#932 htz

htz

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

PlayStation Network will be down for maintenance on Monday, April 16, 2012. Maintenance is expected to start at 6:00 AM PST and will last till approximately 6:00 PM PST.

Unlike typical maintenance events, if you are already signed-in to PSN, you will be signed-out and unable to sign back in for the duration of the maintenance window. During this time, PSN services like PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home, Account Management or online play may not be accessible.

Please stay tuned to the PlayStation Twitter feed @PlayStation and our support feed @AskPlayStation for a notice when PSN is fully back online.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Another major PSN blackout tomorrow. :whee:

#933 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

http://blog.us.plays...2-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:

PlayStation Vita

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (Also on PSN) – Disgaea 3 is a sequel to Disgaea, a hardcore, turn-based strategy RPG. The game follows the exploits of Mao, the most honored student at Evil Academy, a school where the tardiest, laziest, and rudest demons receive the highest marks. The son of the school chairman, Mao has never once attended class nor opened a textbook. He longs to overthrow his father and assume the title of Overlord, which he decides he must become a hero to achieve. Join him on his zany adventure filled with witty dialogue, exciting events, and thrilling strategy battles.

StarDrone Extreme (PS Vita PSN) – StarDrone is a perfect blend of high-speed physics and pinball action, with strategic elements of break-out and object collection. But this is no walk amongst the stars, as the Drone is always in motion in the zero gravity environment, and the more stellar matter collected, the faster it travels until it is careening across the screen at light speed. Gather enough momentum and enter into Comet Rush where the Drone is impervious to all enemies and obstacles.

PlayStation Network

NHL 12 (Full PS3 Game) – Experience a fresh new look and feel with all new gameplay presentation, and, for the first time ever, the chance to lace up outdoors under the lights in one of the biggest hockey events of the season, the NHL Winter Classic at Pittsburgh’s Heinz field. This year will be the first to see dynamic goalies in the game; players can knock the net off and make contact with goalies, knocking them down or out of position, as they crash the crease. Watch as goalies fight through screens to make awe-inspiring saves and leave the crease to trade punches with hated rivals during fights.

Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (Full PS3 Game) – Dead Rising 2: Off The Record sees Wilamette survivor and photojournalist Frank West take centre stage as players experience a very different interpretation of events in this, a reimagining of the Fortune City outbreak.

This alternate storyline means an-all new Dead Rising 2 experience; with Frank facing new missions, new enemies, new combo-weapons with which to defeat them plus a brand new Fortune City attraction to explore. Complimenting the new narrative and action of Dead Rising 2: Off The Record are enhancements to elements such as the save system and the co-op experience to deliver more satisfying gameplay.

The House of the Dead 4 – Slap in a clip and prepare for an onslaught of terror in The House of the Dead 4! Set three years after the second game, the fourth game in the shoot-em-up series featuring House of the Dead 2′s protagonist James Taylor as well as new hero Kate Green, working together to battle untold horrors from beyond. In addition to the run-and-gun-down-creatures gameplay players had come to know and love, the game fully supports PlayStation Move.

PS Vita Demos

Stardrone Extreme

There's also a physical release of the two Deadliest Warrior games with DLC and six episodes of the show.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#934 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:51 PM

Any idea of what HOTD:4 may cost?

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#935 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:58 PM

$9.99 with a 30% discount for PS+.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 16 April 2012 - 12:42 AM.

#936 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

$9.99 with a 20% discount for PS+.

Thanks!:D

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#937 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Director of Publishing/Marketing for Crafty Minor Too

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

I thought 30%?

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#938 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:43 AM

Fixed.

#939 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:44 AM

Regarding The Pinball Arcade, is the promotion to get the PS3 and Vita versions together as one purchase a temporary thing or will that be the case for a while at least? And has there been any indication of the pricing model for the tables they've announced they will add later? I'm interested but in no hurry.

#940 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

Regarding The Pinball Arcade, is the promotion to get the PS3 and Vita versions together as one purchase a temporary thing or will that be the case for a while at least? And has there been any indication of the pricing model for the tables they've announced they will add later? I'm interested but in no hurry.

Should last for as long as it's on PSN.

http://blog.us.plays...#comment-704465

$4.99 for the two-table packs.

#941 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:35 AM

Thanks for the link, Frisky.

#942 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:47 AM

So three initial tables for $10 and then $5 two table packs till Doomsday? Eh. I was considering the game, but kinda hoping the extra tables would be included.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#943 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:54 AM

Four tables in the main game and one two-table pack per month for as long as they have tables. I'm not sure why you'd expect to get the rest of the tables for free.

#944 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:56 AM

Four tables in the main game? That's not too bad then. I used to play hours and hours of that one pinball game that I swear they included in Windows for a while. But I likely will not buy the DLC packs.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#945 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:16 AM

Here's the list of the current offerings of free TV shows on PSN:

The Legend of Korra - Season 1, Episode 1
Don't Trust The B---- In Apartment 23 - Season 1, Episode 2
Betty White's Off Their Rockers - Season 1, Episode 1
The Client List - Season 1, Episode 1
Dream Machines - Season 1, Episode 1

Video Store > TV Shows > Free TV

#946 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

^Yup, I always check that section of the PSN. There is usually pilot episodes available.

#947 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

Four tables in the main game? That's not too bad then. I used to play hours and hours of that one pinball game that I swear they included in Windows for a while. But I likely will not buy the DLC packs.

http://mspinball.weebly.com/

Windows 95 Plus Pack FTW!

#948 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

Until recently I had no idea that Space Cadet wasn't even the full game, it was just a demo.

#949 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

Hey Frisky when does the PS+ Future Solider beta start?

Thanks! :)

#950 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

Hey Frisky when does the PS+ Future Solider beta start?

Thanks! :)

http://www.cheapassg...0&postcount=763

#951 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

http://www.cheapassg...0&postcount=763

Thanks mate!

#952 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

The Legend of Korra - Season 1, Episode 1

Doh! I hadn't even realized it had started. I had no clue it was starting any time soon.
Posted Image

#953 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

Legend of Korra premiered Saturday with the airing of the first two episodes. Both are available to view on the Nickelodeon website if you don't want to be limited to just episode 1.

#954 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

So three initial tables for $10 and then $5 two table packs till Doomsday? Eh. I was considering the game, but kinda hoping the extra tables would be included.

Four tables in the main game and one two-table pack per month for as long as they have tables. I'm not sure why you'd expect to get the rest of the tables for free.

Even if the folks at Farsight Studios were kind enough to design and release several tables of DLC for free out of the goodness of their hearts, they'd still have to pay royalties to both the companies that built the original tables, the voice actors who recorded for the tables and (in the case of those licensed tables like Ripley's Believe It Or Not), to the holders of the licenses. I don't think expecting free DLC tables is very realistic.

Personally, I really like The Pinball Arcade. I enjoy playing those four tables on the Vita when I'm out and about, and they look really nice of the PS3. Getting four tables on each system for a single $10 purchase (with separate trophies for each, I might add) is a total bargain in my book.

decker%2001.jpg

#955 Syranth

Syranth

Formerly WormFOODx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

Legend of Korra premiered Saturday with the airing of the first two episodes. Both are available to view on the Nickelodeon website if you don't want to be limited to just episode 1.

Episode 1 is actually the first two episodes, so the one on PSN should cover everything that is on Nicks site.

#956 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

Damn. DAMNNN!!!!!. Just bought this from PSN and it's the same price at Target/not a sale. $14.99.

Daxter and Secret Agent Clank Bundle - $14.99

Even though this PSP isn't reading UMDs, I could've saved it till I got a 3000. The package looks so purtayyyy. :baby:

#957 hostyl1

hostyl1

Rejoice commoners!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

This is what I meant.

I actually really enjoyed that western game. Lead of Gold or something. Really enjoyed it for free and id like to keep it. Its that good. Oh hey its on sale at a crazy price , I think $3 or less but can't take advantage of it. Well that blows.

If a game I enjoy alot is worth it, I want to buy it, specially at a cheap price. And since some of them only drop in price from time to time or rarely. Not complaining about ps+ but that to me is a major flaw.

Have you ever thought of creating a second account on your PS3 and making the purchase there? Wouldn't the game be available to play on your main account? I know it's like that on the 360, I assumed it would be the same for Sony.
Posted Image

#958 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:21 AM

Have you ever thought of creating a second account on your PS3 and making the purchase there? Wouldn't the game be available to play on your main account? I know it's like that on the 360, I assumed it would be the same for Sony.

I buy on multiple PSN accounts (3 of them). I can confirm that what you buy on one account (whether master account or "sibling" account) is in fact playable by all accounts added to the system. However, there can only be 1 master account, so keep in mind that if you get a 2nd system (YLOD or other reasons) keep the primary account you created with that system, and add "sibling" accounts as needed. Cheers.

#959 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:36 AM

$9.99 with a 30% discount for PS+.

:wall:DOH! "The House Of The Dead 4 - $6.99 - 4/17"

Thanks, again, for answering yesterday!

#960 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

You are the man! I'm downloading it right now.