Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#9571 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

From the image on the PSN, it's just a Jack-O-Lantern head. I haven't messed with it yet though.

And what's the Vita question?

Thank you.

I have a launch day black vita with 32gb card. I just bought the white AC vita. How do I transfer my data, is it as easy as putting the memory card in the new system, and that's it?

#9572 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

I'm not sure if it actually looks really neat or if I'm just really desperate to play something on my Vita (probably both) but When Vikings Attack looks pretty good. Glad to hear its $10. I was worried it would be $15 or $20. And then there is that PS+ discount.

It's also a cross-buy and cross-play game as well. Seems more like a party game to me though. Something I'd rather play on the couch with friends with maybe one of us using the Vita as another controller, rather than solely playing it on the Vita. That's just my two cents. The price point is ideal so I'll probably end up getting the game day one anyways. The Playstation guys over at IGN got to play the game with developers and spoke pretty highly of it:

#9573 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:03 AM

What's the current price of Portal 2 on PSN?

it's not a good sign that they are not disclosing the price. portal 2 has been $7 in every steam sale. i'm not going to waste $30 just to dust off my move controllers.

#9574 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

I'm not sure if it actually looks really neat or if I'm just really desperate to play something on my Vita (probably both) but When Vikings Attack looks pretty good. Glad to hear its $10. I was worried it would be $15 or $20. And then there is that PS+ discount.

You don't like anything from the past month of releases?

Zero Escape? Ragnarok Odyssey? Silent Hill: BoM? AC: Liberation? Dokuro? Retro City Rampage?

Then there's all those PSP and PS1 games you might have a soft spot for.

Not really interested in When Viking's Attack though from what I've seen of the gameplay. I'm a bit of a sucker for Cross-Buy so I'll keep an open mind, though.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#9575 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

Thank you.

I have a launch day black vita with 32gb card. I just bought the white AC vita. How do I transfer my data, is it as easy as putting the memory card in the new system, and that's it?

Hmmm this is a pretty unique problem. I assume you've already linked your PSN account to your new Vita, correct? Make sure this is the same PSN account as you're original Vita because your memory card is locked to that one PSN account. I can't exactly tell you what would happen if you just insert a memory card into a new Vita because I've never done it before lol. But if I were you, I'd individually insert ever physical copy of games I had just so the games icon can appear in the home screen. And then hope everything else will automatically download to the Vita lol.

#9576 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

Hmmm this is a pretty unique problem. I assume you've already linked your PSN account to your new Vita, correct? Make sure this is the same PSN account as you're original Vita because your memory card is locked to that one PSN account. I can't exactly tell you what would happen if you just insert a memory card into a new Vita because I've never done it before lol. But if I were you, I'd individually insert ever physical copy of games I had just so the games icon can appear in the home screen. And then hope everything else will automatically download to the Vita lol.

I haven't even turned the new white one on yet. I wasn't sure if I should put the memory card in before I even boot it for the first time.

I can't be the only one with this issue... there has to be people before with broken systems or something along those lines.

#9577 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

I haven't even turned the new white one on yet. I wasn't sure if I should put the memory card in before I even boot it for the first time.

I can't be the only one with this issue... there has to be people before with broken systems or something along those lines.

It shouldn't be an issue. If you'd like to be completely safe though, plug your Vita into your computer or PS3 and make a back up file.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#9578 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

It shouldn't be an issue. If you'd like to be completely safe though, plug your Vita into your computer or PS3 and make a back up file.

Is anything even saved to the vita hardware itself? Can you even do anything such as update the software without a memory card inside?

I ask because I'm wondering if I should even turn the new white one on without a memory card inside or jus put my old memory card right in on first boot.

#9579 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

Is anything even saved to the vita hardware itself? Can you even do anything such as update the software without a memory card inside?

I ask because I'm wondering if I should even turn the new white one on without a memory card inside or jus put my old memory card right in on first boot.

I think all that is saved is your button layout and your wallpapers.

The Vita will work without a memory card, but I don't think you'll be able to download software updates.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#9580 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

I think all that is saved is your button layout and your wallpapers.

The Vita will work without a memory card, but I don't think you'll be able to download software updates.

Any suggestions on if I should just boot up without the memory first or with it?

#9581 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

Any suggestions on if I should just boot up without the memory first or with it?

Why don't you just stick the 32 GB card in there? I don't know what you're scared of. Like I said, create a backup file if you want to be super cautious.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#9582 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

Hopefully Vanquish is the PS+ game for next week. That's would be one of the few full games on PSN I want but haven't bought.

#9583 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

Why don't you just stick the 32 GB card in there? I don't know what you're scared of. Like I said, create a backup file if you want to be super cautious.

I'm anal when it comes to making sure it's right the first time. I'll fiddle with it tomorrow.

Hopefully Vanquish is the PS+ game for next week. That's would be one of the few full games on PSN I want but haven't bought.

No way! I just bought that from the kmart clearance.

#9584 carl7117

carl7117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

u guys know that the new store is up?

#9585 mebegod

mebegod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

u guys know that the new store is up?

huh so it is weird I would have thought that there would be a blog post

#9586 carl7117

carl7117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

same here went to look if they had a blog about it. Theres some things that i think that the old store did better imo

#9587 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

I was surprised that the new store is up as well. But I'm pissed that One Piece is discounted at $30 when I paid $50 a week ago to bring up by purchase total to over a $100.

#9588 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

Weird that they'd stealth-update the store like that.

I was surprised that the new store is up as well. But I'm pissed that One Piece is discounted at $30 when I paid $50 a week ago to bring up by purchase total to over a $100.

Call PlayStation Customer Service. Morgan on the blog hinted several times that you might be able to get your money back in this situation.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#9589 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

I actually like the new store design, I like how they put everything(demos, avatars, themes, etc.) available for a game in a single page so I don't have to search around looking for them. Also the new download list is much better, the bigger font and pictures make it much easier to read and navigate, no categories or search function yet but I heard they will patch it in a later update

T9rTk6Q.gif

#9590 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Hmmm, guess I'll buy the Portal 2 DLC, even though I don't have move controllers. I really enjoyed the game, but the last DLC was free so I guess I'm a bit spoiled by that. To be clear, this is brand new content, not just adding move to the old DLC, right?

#9591 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Figures the update would happen on the day I have to redownload on my new PS3. Hope it doesnt start glitching up.

Also holy crap, have the trophies been syncing this slow since the last update? 5 minutes so far and only 12%

Edited by dgwillia006, 02 November 2012 - 05:12 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9592 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

I thought Vanquish was a lot of fun and it would be a nice game for folks that havent played it, but making it free would suck as it can be had for cheap and has been cheap for a long time in retail.

Tyler hates me. 

Wrencrest.png

#9593 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

I thought Vanquish was a lot of fun and it would be a nice game for folks that havent played it, but making it free would suck as it can be had for cheap and has been cheap for a long time in retail.

I know some were lucky enough to get it from BB for $5, but I haven't seen it anywhere else below $15, unless I missed it elsewhere. I'd gladly take it.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#9594 kanamit

kanamit

AKA george6741

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Figures the update would happen on the day I have to redownload on my new PS3. Hope it doesnt start glitching up.

Also holy crap, have the trophies been syncing this slow since the last update? 5 minutes so far and only 12%

People were complaining yesterday about psn being slow, guess now we know why.

#9595 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Yeah starting to get pissed. Waited 30 min for my progress bar to hit 70 then give a random error and boot me.

#9596 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

So I created an account for a NFS:MW share group, and the new store keeps giving me a generic "An error has occurred" message when I try to add funds with a CC. Any advice?

Also, snap judgement on the new store: Womp.

#9597 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Vanquish would make for a good PS+ freebie, but not gonna get my hopes up that'll be the free game this Tuesday. It'll be an awesome surprise if it is, but to be safe, I'm not setting myself up to be disappointed.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9598 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

I've already played and beaten Vanquish, but it was a great game, so I wouldn't mind it being the free game just so others can experience it. I have enough games in my backlog to keep me occupied.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#9599 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

I know some were lucky enough to get it from BB for $5, but I haven't seen it anywhere else below $15, unless I missed it elsewhere. I'd gladly take it.

I guess I saw that BB post enough times that I thought it was cheap everywhere. I am pretty sure I paid $10 for it at TRU many months ago. I could be wrong though. It may have been $16 or something like that. Still well worth it to me as I quickly played it on easy and got almost all my money back trading in to either Amazon or Best Buy.

Tyler hates me. 

Wrencrest.png

#9600 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

I've already played and beaten Vanquish, but it was a great game, so I wouldn't mind it being the free game just so others can experience it. I have enough games in my backlog to keep me occupied.

I feel the same way. Already own it, but it'd great to see others enjoy it so I wouldn't mind at all.

I guess I saw that BB post enough times that I thought it was cheap everywhere. I am pretty sure I paid $10 for it at TRU many months ago. I could be wrong though. It may have been $16 or something like that. Still well worth it to me as I quickly played it on easy and got almost all my money back trading in to either Amazon or Best Buy.

Yeah, it's $5 at Sears and Kmart, too, if they have it in stock. I was lucky enough to grab the best buy one. In fact, Vanquish was my first "CAG purchase".