Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#9931 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

nostalgia and weeabonism aside, is Person 3 worth the five bucks? never played it

Just finished it myself recently and yes, it is worth it. One of the best JRPGs.
Posted Image

#9932 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

My understanding is that we were going to get some news on PS+ for Vita this month. Come on Sony!

And is the month even close to being over? We've only had one store update so far this month. Be patient and wait like the rest of us.

#9933 KingofGames

KingofGames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

Nice, think I'll pick up P3P, sell my PSP copy, sell my PSP 3000, and never look back.

Posted Image

#9934 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

So, you guys are recommending Persona to play on the PS3 (with an hdtv), or psp/vita? I've never played a PS2 game on my ps3.

#9935 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

So, you guys are recommending Persona to play on the PS3 (with an hdtv), or psp/vita? I've never played a PS2 game on my ps3.

I've heard P3P is superior in many ways. The PS2 version does have animated cutscenes and the epilogue, but to be honest, The Answer really is mostly grinding. I suggest getting the PSP version.

#9936 asianmentality

asianmentality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

How is persona 2 innocent sin? I'm debating if I should just pick up a 20 buck psn card and get persona 2 and persona 3 fes

#9937 Link127

Link127

Dad gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

Gonna grab Persona 2 & P3P. Maybe FES.

Anyone have any opinions yet on When Vikings attack?

689866.png

#9938 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

Here is a article outlining the differences: http://www.destructo...ed-173538.phtml

Personally, I prefer the PSP/Vita version.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#9939 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Resident Evil 5 showing up $29.99 for me and not free, I am a plus member.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#9940 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

I've heard P3P is superior in many ways. The PS2 version does have animated cutscenes and the epilogue, but to be honest, The Answer really is mostly grinding. I suggest getting the PSP version.

I don't know if it is really that cut-and-dried. Is the P4 battle system and the female protagonist really worth the extra $5 to you? Personally, I thought the original system was fine, and I would be fine paying $5 for FES.

How is persona 2 innocent sin? I'm debating if I should just pick up a 20 buck psn card and get persona 2 and persona 3 fes

I picked it up during the last sale. Personally, I liked what I've played from it. You don't get the social links from P3, but you do get similar quirky main characters and you can tell it is an ancestor of P3.
Posted Image

#9941 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

People are still having trouble with Resident Evil 5? Here's what you do: add it to cart, remove it from cart, wait a couple of seconds or don't, hit Circle to go back to the product page which should now show the game being free, add it to cart again, and finally Checkout if the game actually says it costs $0.00 . Do not Checkout if it says any other amount and instead wait for the fix.

Do none of you with this issue have a PC? This is the epitome of computer logic.

#9942 Luriden

Luriden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

We're supposed to get our $20 rebate at some point this week, correct? Has anyone gotten it yet?

76561197977061647.png

#9943 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

It's either this week or next week. They'll notify you via email, and a PM that will be sent to your PSN account. You'll probably open up the PM and redeem the $20 there.

#9944 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

We're supposed to get our $20 rebate at some point this week, correct? Has anyone gotten it yet?

I believe they said sometime between the 9th and 16th.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#9945 laseractive

laseractive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

I already own the Persona games on PS2 and PSP, but having them on the Vita would be nice as well. I will probably buy them again digitally. I could sell the disc versions, but really like the boxed versions I have for all of them.
Posted Image

#9946 bg2001

bg2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

FES for 5? wow nice. P3P edges it out in terms of being able to control your whole party individually IMO. Both great games.

#9947 Hao

Hao

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

While I've purchased both multiple times (because I'm really smart about how I spend money), I'd throw my hat in for P3P. It's less frustrating, since you have direct control over your party, and navigating the world is much, much faster since you can essentially fast travel.

I mean, it's still a huge time-sink either way, but the snappier world traversal of P3P helps to make the certain elements of the game feel like less of a chore.

#9948 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

I find the structure of P3P's dungeons to be a much better fit for portables so you can jump in for a few floors until you reach a warp to get out and save while you have downtime or whatever.

I picked up When Vikings Attack and Portal 2 In Motion, so I may do videos for those if you guys want to see them in action.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#9949 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

All of the PSP games are on the Vita's PS Store. Here's the thread we have keeping track of what's compatible or not.

#9950 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

Hey guys, quick question here. I just checked out the new PSN store.

How does it show what you already purchased? For example all the Plus games. The old get the red bag icon to show up to know you "purchased" it. Is this still possible?

For RE5 I had to go through complete checkout and now it says "purchased" but all the other PS Plus games I did the red bag trick for dont say so.

Do I have to do it all over again?

Thanks!

EDIT: I just looked and it shows correct for all the avatar stuff I got off Plus? Did my instant game collection get reset or something? Now to check the old stuff...

evophile.pngevophile.png

#9951 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

Heh, so I didn't see anyone else post this problem with RE5 Gold: Was free, DL'd it, tried to install and I get corrupt data error 85xxxxx. Will redownload and try again.

Also, all those games (and avatar bundles) that are free to PS+, but don't show as purchased (but did have a red shopping bag in old PSN style) get an error if you try to purchase or DL it.

#9952 Talgrund

Talgrund

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

If you go under Account Management then Download List, it still has the old menu style and you can download from there.

#9953 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Heh, so I didn't see anyone else post this problem with RE5 Gold: Was free, DL'd it, tried to install and I get corrupt data error 85xxxxx. Will redownload and try again.

Also, all those games (and avatar bundles) that are free to PS+, but don't show as purchased (but did have a red shopping bag in old PSN style) get an error if you try to purchase or DL it.

That's a strange error. Maybe it happened because of the fix that Sony was planning to implement? I'm sure it'll get fixed eventually but sucks that you've have to redownload it.

After installing RE5 Gold as a 1-hour free trial for PS+ subscribers, it seems to have been 'upgraded' automatically to the full game. I don't see that little golden tab next to the icon in the XMB menu that shows it's a trial.

#9954 KrebStar

KrebStar

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

So, do we know if there is any sort of schedule to announcing Day 1 Digital titles? i was hoping we'd see Black Ops 2 on there so I could save my friend some cash, but at this point I'm guessing it won't be.

I'm not big on anime stuff, but Persona 3 on PSP pulled me in something awful. Can't wait for Golden on Vita.

#9955 gravel

gravel

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

Hey guys, quick question here. I just checked out the new PSN store.

How does it show what you already purchased? For example all the Plus games. The old get the red bag icon to show up to know you "purchased" it. Is this still possible?

For RE5 I had to go through complete checkout and now it says "purchased" but all the other PS Plus games I did the red bag trick for dont say so.

Do I have to do it all over again?

Thanks!

EDIT: I just looked and it shows correct for all the avatar stuff I got off Plus? Did my instant game collection get reset or something? Now to check the old stuff...

I have the same issue with mine, certain Plus games say purchased, others don't and just list the price. If you look at the PS Blog comments, it seems to be a fairly widespread problem. You should be able to find anything you've purchased in your download list, but that isn't exactly user-friendly depending on the number of downloads.

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Arkham Origins
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Inazuma Eleven
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed

#9956 GamingKnight

GamingKnight

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

A fun easter egg I noticed in Persona 3, is that the news stations can talk about interviewing characters from the previous Persona games. Plus a character from Persona 1 and one from Persona 3 had their companies as one in the past, but I believe are still partners to some degree.

I say just be nuts like me, and play a Male playthrough in Persona 3 FES and a Female playthrough in the PSP one. It will give you an even larger view of the people around you and what they're up to.

#9957 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

Didn't one of the Persona's have Vincent from Catherine in it?

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#9958 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

didn't one of the persona's have vincent from catherine in it?

p3p.

#9959 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

Didn't one of the Persona's have Vincent from Catherine in it?

Might be the other way around unless #4 has some mention of Vincent. Im playing Catherine now and there's some Persona tracks in the jukebox at the bar.

#9960 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

Might be the other way around unless #4 has some mention of Vincent. Im playing Catherine now and there's some Persona tracks in the jukebox at the bar.

I believe the 3rd portable game had a lookalike, though that person is confirmed to a different person from the Vincent in Catherine.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.