Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#10171 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

So excited about QC. I loved the demo when it came out, but didn't think I'd play it enough to buy it.

Also, I just browsed through the blot comments and it seems like every other comment is to complain that its halfway through November and there's been no Vita+ announcement. If I was in this industry, I'd get in the habit of announcing things to come out much later than I actually expected. And then...surprise! Seems like folks in this thread have the right idea.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

Ohridgens

#10172 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

So excited about QC. I loved the demo when it came out, but didn't think I'd play it enough to buy it.

Also, I just browsed through the blot comments and it seems like every other comment is to complain that its halfway through November and there's been no Vita+ announcement. If I was in this industry, I'd get in the habit of announcing things to come out much later than I actually expected. And then...surprise! Seems like folks in this thread have the right idea.

Reminds me of when Sega released the Saturn at E3, about 6 months before anyone was expecting it. It was great publicity, but devs weren't ready and it put a ton of pressure on them to get games out before they were ready, along with a bunch of new systems with hardly any games beyond a tiny handful of launch titles and frustrated consumers. Now that I think about it, that sounds familiar... =)

#10173 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

that sounds familiar... =)

Does it? Because I'm drawing blanks here. Who else had a similar situation?

#10174 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

I was reading the GameFAQs forums on the Vita version of Call of Duty (Declassified) and they are saying that the retail copy of the game comes with a voucher for a free copy of Call of Duty: Road of Victory (PSP).

Was this mentioned anywhere on the PS Blog? Would the digital PSN purchase also have the free PSP game?

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#10175 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Reminds me of when Sega released the Saturn at E3, about 6 months before anyone was expecting it. It was great publicity, but devs weren't ready and it put a ton of pressure on them to get games out before they were ready, along with a bunch of new systems with hardly any games beyond a tiny handful of launch titles and frustrated consumers. Now that I think about it, that sounds familiar... =)

Wow, thats a blast from the past. I remember this happening and everyone in the gaming world was stunned. Stunned by such a stupid move by Sega. This was just another nail in their coffin.

Tyler is an asshole

Wrencrest.png

#10176 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

I was reading the GameFAQs forums on the Vita version of Call of Duty (Declassified) and they are saying that the retail copy of the game comes with a voucher for a free copy of Call of Duty: Road of Victory (PSP).

Was this mentioned anywhere on the PS Blog? Would the digital PSN purchase also have the free PSP game?

Sounds pretty sweet if true.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#10177 Zerok

Zerok

Your face is drunk!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

PS+ for the Vita announced. Pretty damn good selection, although I own most of them. I'll take free FFT and Jet Set Radio.

#10178 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

PS+ for the Vita Goodies-

http://www.ign.com/a...bb052087d00000e

Sorry if its a double post.

#10179 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

Wow might have to get a Vita (for the third time). I do love Netflix on it...

http://blog.us.plays...-take-the-tour/

#10180 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

PS+ for the Vita announced. Pretty damn good selection, although I own most of them. I'll take free FFT and Jet Set Radio.

Holy Hell, what a selection! :hot: And to think I was bummed out when I missed that Walmart Vita Sale.

Edit: And looks like Dungeon Defenders is the next game they're adding to the :ps3: Instant Game Collection.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#10181 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

Holy shit at that selection
Posted Image

#10182 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Oh wow, nice. I was about to get FFT, too. That Vita selection is pretty good. ^^

#10183 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

God dammit, now I have to buy a bigger memory card. MGS HD Collection is taking up half my 8GB alone
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10184 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

God dammit, now I have to buy a bigger memory card. MGS HD Collection is taking up half my 8GB alone

Yeah this is annoying. They reallly need to drop the price on those. I had one but of course got rid of it so now I only have an 8GB card. Not going to be big enough at all now with downloadable games.

#10185 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

Wow, I did not expect them to give out those games, some of the best on the system.

Let's go see who has the nerve to complain on the PS Blog.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#10186 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

Wow, I did not expect them to give out those games, some of the best on the system.

Someone will because they already own them but other than that I dont think they'll get many complaints at all. If they make this as good as PS+ for PS3 it could really....really help the Vita I think. PS+ is one hell of a deal.

#10187 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

I absolutely need a Vita now.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#10188 laseractive

laseractive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

So glad I own a Vita now. Got it just in time. Only own Tales From Space so this is going to be an awesome collection. Guess this will make paying for a 32GB stick worth it.
Posted Image

#10189 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

Holy Shit at that selection. More than double what I expected to see them offer! If I get a shot at a $200 Vita on Black Friday, I'll be buying one. No doubt about it at this point.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#10190 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Holy Hell, what a selection! :hot: And to think I was bummed out when I missed that Walmart Vita Sale.

Edit: And looks like Dungeon Defenders is the next game they're adding to the :ps3: Instant Game Collection.

Where did you find that info about Dungeon Defenders?

EDIT: Duh, in the update picture. Good catch!!! And another awesome game that I don't have, I was luckily able to resist it on sale for $7.50.

At this point, I feel like I'm taking advantage of Sony with the PS+ program.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#10191 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

Where did you find that info about Dungeon Defenders?

EDIT: Duh, in the update picture. Good catch!!! And another awesome game that I don't have, I was luckily able to resist it on sale for $7.50.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#10192 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

^Thanks.

#10193 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

You won't see many complaints because these actually appear to be games...people want? No one "complained" when Sony relaunched and rebranded the IGC in June. It's the following months that irritated people. Also, you do realize there's a type of a person that even takes the time to register and correspond with a business on its official blog? A person that is likely more critical and discerning than the average consumer.

Anyway, that's a crazy lineup. Don't have a vita yet, but I'm considering it more than I ever thought I would. And for people already on the edge, this will probably be the bump they need (especially with holiday sales).

#10194 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

So glad I own a Vita now. Got it just in time. Only own Tales From Space so this is going to be an awesome collection. Guess this will make paying for a 32GB stick worth it.

I wouldn't use anything smaller than a 32gb simply for convenience. I hate switching out cards.

#10195 handsomepete

handsomepete

!!!

Hot damn, go Sony. I somehow only own the PSP FFT on that list (and already beat Uncharted, but why not go another round for trophy fun). Blew past my expectations by a mile.

#10196 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

I really hope that MS is going to launch something similar to keep things competitive. I really dont see how anyone can pay for Live at this point.

I don't own an Xbox(haven't for awhile) so I don't care either way but it would be nice to see them add some value to their service.

Still though, Sony is doing something extremely right for a change so yay us!
Posted Image

#10197 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

The Vita games make PS+ an amazing deal. Good thing I traded Uncharted back in earlier.

#10198 Troutyogurt

Troutyogurt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

This was really worth the wait. PS+ is awesome. I gotta buy a memory stick now though lol

Troutyogurt.png487267.png

#10199 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

More memory is going to be a huge key with this. Great library to start with.

#10200 argyle

argyle

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

That's awesome - I've been waiting on a good price to pickup Uncharted. Free is that price. ;) I already own Gravity Rush, but since it's trading in for $21 at BB right now, I'm definitely not complaining about that one.
Posted Image