Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#1441 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:56 AM

Wowzers! What great prices! I want to spend a dollar on each of those games but I already have them all. Please oh please make the expansions be on sale too.

I think I'll get Monsters for the PSP though.

And I thought Eden was great at full price. I loved it so much, I would buy it again for a dollar if I could.

#1442 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:59 AM

Hot damn at the Pixeljunk sale. Already got Sidescroller when it was on sale for 1/2 off, but gonna get Eden (a shame Encore isn't gonna be discounted), probably Racers (anyone wanna vouch for that?), Shooter, & Shooter 2. $8 for 4 PSN games is a pretty awesome deal.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1443 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

PixelJunk sale? My wallet can't catch a break! Nice prices!

#1444 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

http://blog.us.plays...event-thursday/

Begins 5/8, Ends 5/15:

PixelJunk Eden - $1
PixelJunk Monsters - $1
PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe - PSP (Vita on May 15) - $5
PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap - $1
PixelJunk Shooter - $1
PixelJunk Shooter 2 - $5
PixelJunk Sidescroller - $5

Interesting. I never did finish PJ Shooter, which I got with my current PS3 that I got from Amazon. But for $5 I'll pick up the second one for something to putz around in whenever I get done with Trine 2 from PS+.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1445 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:01 AM

Nice to get the rest of the PJ games i don't have. The best is only $1 for each one.
I think the shooter series is excellent so its will be nice to play the others.

BumslieOG.png

#1446 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:02 AM

Wowzers! What great prices! I want to spend a dollar on each of those games but I already have them all. Please oh please make the expansions be on sale too.

I think I'll get Monsters for the PSP though.

And I thought Eden was great at full price. I loved it so much, I would buy it again for a dollar if I could.

No, it's just for the games themselves.

#1447 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:08 AM

Hot damn at the Pixeljunk sale. Already got Sidescroller when it was on sale for 1/2 off, but gonna get Eden (a shame Encore isn't gonna be discounted), probably Racers (anyone wanna vouch for that?), Shooter, & Shooter 2. $8 for 4 PSN games is a pretty awesome deal.

Yup, Racers was my favorite of all the PJ games. Good times with friends and working my way up the leaderboard. My list goes like this:

Racers
Monsters
SideScroller
Shooter 1
Eden

Haven't played Shooter 2.

I'm probably the only person who would rank them like this.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1448 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:15 AM

No, it's just for the games themselves.

Thanks Frisky. I guess I can't have everything.

#1449 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:32 AM

Whats so bad about Pixel Junk Eden?!? I mean, for $1 I'm gonna buy it, but I was curios about the thoughts on it?

#1450 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:53 AM

Probably, but trophies CAN act as added encouragement to further explore games. They can for me, anyway.

Oh, for sure, I agree. I'm just saying that they shouldn't limit your exploration of games either, especially if you want to explore them. You can get the Trine 2 plat by chapter 7. It's entirely up to you if you want to finish the game.

Whats so bad about Pixel Junk Eden?!? I mean, for $1 I'm gonna buy it, but I was curios about the thoughts on it?

I actually really liked Eden but getting 100% trophies is really tough.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#1451 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:29 AM

My big gripes about it are that the controls aren't perfect, and the entire game is platforming upwards, and you have a time limit on each level. So a couple big falls and you start all the way back at the bottom, and you then have to collect more time and then start all the way upward again. It did nothing but frustrate and bore me.

Oh, for sure, I agree. I'm just saying that they shouldn't limit your exploration of games either, especially if you want to explore them. You can get the Trine 2 plat by chapter 7. It's entirely up to you if you want to finish the game.

And I agree with you, my personal motivation to further explore the world just wasn't quite high enough. I think with trophies it would have pushed me over the edge.

And in re-reading what I originally typed, I probably shouldn't have used it a negative critique of the game. Rather, I should have just noted that it is a personal pet peeve of mine when trophies are implemented in that way.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1452 WonkyToad

WonkyToad

CAG-aholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:45 AM

I can honestly say that I don't recommend PixelJunk Eden for $1.

Monsters, 2nd Lap, and Shooter 1 are all no-brainers for $1 (although I'm not the biggest fan of the Shooter series either). I'd recommend Sidescroller for $5 as well, that's what I paid for it and had a good but brief time with it.

Probably, but trophies CAN act as added encouragement to further explore games. They can for me, anyway.

HUH.... and Eden is the only one I actually like.
Block freedom to access ANY kind of information and you do just that; Block Freedom!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1453 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:38 AM

I've never played ANY of the PJ games. Tempted to get them all.

#1454 rperez1025

rperez1025

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:44 AM

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread, no telling how many deals I'd miss if I didn't check. Updating the title is a huge help.

#1455 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:54 AM

I've never played ANY of the PJ games. Tempted to get them all.

I have ALL the PJ shooters and enjoyed them a lot.

If you have any interest in the PJ games this is a great sale and worth the purchase.

I will be be getting PJ Eden & PJ racer since those are the ones I'm missing.

Edited by Bumslie, 09 May 2012 - 07:04 AM.

BumslieOG.png

#1456 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:05 AM

http://www.facebook....423711397642076

They're giving away UK codes for two Minis, Jewel Keepers: Easter Island and Urbanix, on Facebook. It doesn't matter where you're from, so just remember to redeem the code with a UK/EU account and you can play it with any other account on your PS3.

#1457 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:34 AM

Upcoming Deals

PS3
PixelJunk Eden - $1 - Begins 5/8, Ends 5/15
PixelJunk Monsters - $1 - Begins 5/8, Ends 5/15
PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap - $1 - Begins 5/8, Ends 5/15
PixelJunk Shooter - $1 - Begins 5/8, Ends 5/15

I have never played any pixeljunk game, but for $1 I'm willing to give them a try. I'm leaning toward buying pixeljunk eden, don't know about the other 3 yet. Any suggestions?

Edit: Lol I just realize the posts above mines are all discussing about pixeljunk, thats what I get for reading the OP only. >.<

Edit2: After watching some videos and reviews of the games. I think PixelJunk Shooter is more of what I want to play instead of Eden.

Edited by htz, 08 May 2012 - 08:51 AM.

#1458 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

Great PixelJunk sale.

I think I'm actually going to wait for Eden to go on sale on Steam. My reasoning: the Steam version comes with the Encore expansion. Even with the $1 PSN sale, if I want the full game it's going to cost $7. Hopefully Q Games is down with the Steam Summer Sale.

#1459 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

I spent many frustrated hours getting 100% on Pixel Junk Eden. Game is controller smashingly hard to complete. I'm not a masochistic gamer at all, but that game taunted me until I got all the trophies. I never picked up the Encore, and am glad to use the excuse "not on sale" to keep me from trying it.

Loved Shooter, couldnt get into shooter 2 for some reason, even though it is basically the same game, and Monsters is your above average tower defense game with hard trophies.

Will pick up 2nd lap for a buck. Thanks OP!

KneeKnee.png

#1460 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

I just finished Trine 2 about a half hour ago. It was as good as(if not better than) the first game. But man oh man talk about lucking out on finishing off the last boss. I got in the last hit required to get rid of him after about 5+ continues.:-#

Posted Image

#1461 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:50 AM

And I agree with you, my personal motivation to further explore the world just wasn't quite high enough. I think with trophies it would have pushed me over the edge.

And in re-reading what I originally typed, I probably shouldn't have used it a negative critique of the game. Rather, I should have just noted that it is a personal pet peeve of mine when trophies are implemented in that way.

Okay, I get what you sayin. For me, it depends on how much I like the game. For example, with Rayman Origins, I thought I was going to like it so much that I would go for 350 Lums in every level which gives you a medal in-game, but no trophy. It turns out, the game really annoyed me so I said screw that and moved on.

I spent many frustrated hours getting 100% on Pixel Junk Eden. Game is controller smashingly hard to complete. I'm not a masochistic gamer at all, but that game taunted me until I got all the trophies. I never picked up the Encore, and am glad to use the excuse "not on sale" to keep me from trying it.

Haha, good thing you didn't get Encore then, cause Encore was waaay harder.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#1462 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

Okay, I get what you sayin. For me, it depends on how much I like the game. For example, with Rayman Origins, I thought I was going to like it so much that I would go for 350 Lums in every level which gives you a medal in-game, but no trophy. It turns out, the game really annoyed me so I said screw that and moved on

I too started out wanting to 100% every level in Rayman, but some of the portions of some of the levels were just :bomb::bomb::bomb:.

So I too gave up after a while.

Posted Image

#1463 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

My big gripes about it are that the controls aren't perfect, and the entire game is platforming upwards, and you have a time limit on each level. So a couple big falls and you start all the way back at the bottom, and you then have to collect more time and then start all the way upward again. It did nothing but frustrate and bore me.

The controls take time to get used to them, but once I got the rhythm of the platforming down, it was a lot of fun.

I'm not sure how far you got, but about halfway through the game, the levels start getting really interesting with how they change up the gameplay. Here are some of my recordings with the in-game tools (spoilers for those that want to go in fresh):

#1464 JohnDM

JohnDM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

Wow, I must look like a heathen but I never played any of the Pixeljunk games, mostly due to my pile of shame and all. But I still have some PSN credit loafing about so I may have to scoop up some of these gems. Never would have thought I would see a sale like this on a console.

#1465 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

The controls take time to get used to them, but once I got the rhythm of the platforming down, it was a lot of fun.

I'm not sure how far you got, but about halfway through the game, the levels start getting really interesting with how they change up the gameplay. Here are some of my recordings with the in-game tools (spoilers for those that want to go in fresh):

Yeah, I never made it that far, nice to see that there are some gameplay changes. However, just watching that reminds me of how frustrating I found that game to be.

Wow, I must look like a heathen but I never played any of the Pixeljunk games, mostly due to my pile of shame and all. But I still have some PSN credit loafing about so I may have to scoop up some of these gems. Never would have thought I would see a sale like this on a console.

PSN can surprise ya sometimes. I remember scoring Uno and Tank Battles for $1, and the Penny Arcade bundle for $3. But ya, these PJ deals feel a lot more like PC sales than console ones.

#1466 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

Great thoughts, Tyler, and I pretty much felt the exact same way with Eden regarding the controls and daunting vertical platforming. A couple of plays with it were enough for me. That being said, I can't believe these are going on sale for $1! I would pretty much buy any PSN game for $1 but for some of the more original titles on PSN? If you don't already have these it's a no-brainer. Sadly (or not as I've had the privilege to play them already), I already do have all of them.

#1467 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

Wow you sound like a douche. You really just said that if you feel like your teammates arent up to par you will quit the match and leave them to lose worse. What a shmuck

Your like the video game equivalent of Lebron James. Maybe very skilled but lacking in all the qualities to win against difficult odds. So you have to align yourself with other proven winners with better leadership qualities to be successful.

Sounds to me like he just wants teammates worth a shit so that when he plays hard, he has skilled players playing hard to back him up. What's the problem again?

#1468 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

I was playng Awesomenauts last night and I entered a match in progress. When I started my team already had one of our own turrets destroyed and another half dead. But I stayed anyway - winning isn't everything.

Actually, the players I was playing with and against weren't all that great, so I was dominating the match. We got all the way to the other team's base and I was lighting it up (using Lonestar and throwing 3 dynamites - best way I've found so far to take out turrets and bases by myself).

And then.... my controller died. I ended up at 13/2 and my team lost. I don't care about winning and losing that much, but losing like that after a glorious comeback really got me down.

#1469 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

This is why I'm glad I sit about 3-4 feet from my PS3, so I can just plug in my controller when it needs to recharge after getting low.

Posted Image

#1470 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

This is why I'm glad I sit about 3-4 feet from my PS3, so I can just plug in my controller when it needs to recharge after getting low.

That's cool but I feel for your eyes if it's anything over about a 32" screen.