Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#2041 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:51 AM

I just got done with the Journey Demo. So glad I waited for it to have a demo/go on sale. It's neat with a very serene atmosphere, but not worth $15 in my opinion.

The demo was extremely linear where if I veered off the correct path, hurricane force winds would blow me back to where I was supposed to go. I don't know how the rest of the game is, but without any kind of incentive to replay it the price needs to drop first for me to consider purchasing it.

I read in one of the reviews that unless you're matched with a random players for cooperative play, the gameplay suffers. I'm not going to hate on this game since I could see what they were going for, it's just not for me at this time.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#2042 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:52 AM

Young Thor is basically side-scrolling God of War for kids. It's good, but only having four levels with varying versions of each with different difficulty levels isn't as good as having a linear set of unique levels. The main strategy it requires is playing the levels with the lowest difficulty until you run into a roadblock and then go back to an easy level to grind a bit more, which makes it repetitive.

Anybody that wants a good Mini on the cheap should check out One Epic Game, which is a sidescrolling shooter/platformer where you're constantly running at full speed and need to complete the different goals you're given for each level. It's kind of a Monster Dash meets Canabalt.

For recommendable Minis for Vita, check out Alien Zombie Death, Doodle Fit, Mecho Wars, OMG-Z, and One Epic Game.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#2043 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:00 AM

That's only the additions this week. The complete list is quite a bit longer.

Oh the list is the list. But I looking for games like Birth by Sleep and Crisis Core to make the jump. Never happen, maybe? Still got hope.

Seems like other stores have games we missing. Which is odd. Although it goes both ways.
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#2044 TopSpot123

TopSpot123

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:00 AM

Might be a stupid question, but is the PS3 version of flOw the same one that was available for free a couple of years ago? I remember getting it for free and it is installed on my HDD, but it's not listed as previously purchased for me nor is it listed in my previously downloaded list

During that giveaway part of the terms were that you couldn't re-download the game. I haven't seen this on any other PSN promotion but that's why it doesn't show as previously purchased or on your download list.

I'm in the same boat as you and briefly considered purchasing it to lock it in for that price, but I am too cheap-ass to do that I guess.

#2045 Y2JerichoHALic55

Y2JerichoHALic55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:20 AM

During that giveaway part of the terms were that you couldn't re-download the game. I haven't seen this on any other PSN promotion but that's why it doesn't show as previously purchased or on your download list.

I'm in the same boat as you and briefly considered purchasing it to lock it in for that price, but I am too cheap-ass to do that I guess.

My case was actually about if I should buy the DLC or not, but as someone pointed out, there's some kind of bug with it. Guess I'll hold out for now.

#2046 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:25 AM

What's up with these developer sales skimping the past few weeks? Hey, I'm all for any kind of sale, but if you're going to advertise a developer sale why is some content suspiciously missing? Where was the AC: Revelations DLC? This week, we have thatgamecompany content on sale, yet Journey is conspiculously missing. Not even $5 off?

I'm also kicking myself for not getting Outland. I have it for 360 already but was going back and forth on whether to get it for PS3 as well. I finally decided to pull the trigger at around 4pm EST and the store had already been updated. WTF? Any other time the damn thing doesn't update until after 6pm. Just my luck. :(

a developer sale doesn't mean EVERYTHING, but select things. accusing them of being suspicious and conspiculous (wtf does that even mean) is pretty asinine. the game came out only a couple weeks ago.

This is the developer saying: hey thanks for buying journey, if you liked our most recent game, try some of our older games at a reduced price!

the amount of entitlement you portray is pretty gross man. if you don't like whats on sale, move along.
Posted Image

#2047 nitman99

nitman99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:30 AM

Finally a thatgamecompany sale! I'll be grabbing Flower, Flow, and all the related themes, soundtracks, and avatars. :)

Question about the Modnation Racers DLC: I'm not really interested in level creation, but I'm all for new levels. I assume that the career extensions are what I'm looking for? And how are they? $5 a piece is still kinda expensive.

#2048 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:43 AM

What's up with these developer sales skimping the past few weeks? Hey, I'm all for any kind of sale, but if you're going to advertise a developer sale why is some content suspiciously missing? Where was the AC: Revelations DLC? This week, we have thatgamecompany content on sale, yet Journey is conspiculously missing. Not even $5 off?

I'm also kicking myself for not getting Outland. I have it for 360 already but was going back and forth on whether to get it for PS3 as well. I finally decided to pull the trigger at around 4pm EST and the store had already been updated. WTF? Any other time the damn thing doesn't update until after 6pm. Just my luck. :(

The Ubisoft sale was for full games and their DLC. Assassin's Creed Revelations isn't on PSN yet, so the DLC wasn't going to be on sale.

Journey's doing too well for them to have a discount this quickly, which is the standard for that situation. You're not going to get a sale on games like Trials Evolution on XBLA for a while either.

You're just gambling with the devil when you wait that long to make up your mind.

#2049 Magicman103

Magicman103

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:50 AM

I hope retro city rampage comes out next week. I'm dying to play that game :)
Posted Image

Check out this link to earn some cash by doing surveys!
http://OpinionOutpost.com/join/9860393

#2050 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:51 AM

Oh the list is the list. But I looking for games like Birth by Sleep and Crisis Core to make the jump. Never happen, maybe? Still got hope.

Seems like other stores have games we missing. Which is odd. Although it goes both ways.

Getting Birth by Sleep on PSN is a tremendous trial due to Disney having a stick up their ass about digital distribution.

#2051 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:53 AM

My case was actually about if I should buy the DLC or not, but as someone pointed out, there's some kind of bug with it. Guess I'll hold out for now.

Damn it. Read this too late. I can confirm the bug.

#2052 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:55 AM

LLMKkKkCeee

#2053 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:12 AM

So what's the bug that you guys are talking about with flOw? I can't find much about it besides it possibly having to do with installing the DLC after the latest update? Couldn't you just delete the game and game data and do a fresh download/install of the game and DLC before starting it up again to get the update? That's what this suggests.

#2054 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:25 AM

So what's the bug that you guys are talking about with flOw? I can't find much about it besides it possibly having to do with installing the DLC after the latest update? Couldn't you just delete the game and game data and do a fresh download/install of the game and DLC before starting it up again to get the update? That's what this suggests.

Yeah, unless you got the free version, in which case redownloading is not an option.

#2055 nitman99

nitman99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:29 AM

http://www.ps3trophi...e-road-map.html

Check under Install Information for a little more detail on the glitch in Flow's expansion.

#2056 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:32 AM

Thinking about Flower and flOw. Going to see if I should get both versions (PS3 and PSP) of flOw.

#2057 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:46 AM

i enjoyed flower more than journey

#2058 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:57 AM

I hope retro city rampage comes out next week. I'm dying to play that game :)

99.9% sure it's not gonna happen. There was article about the game today on the PS Blog, and the developer still doesn't have a firm date for release.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2059 leylines

leylines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

All I want is an atlus sale.

#2060 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

So glad both Flow (especially the bundle) & Flower are on sale. & thanks for the info about a glitch. So pretty much install the game THEN the expansion to avoid it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2061 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

I just got done with the Journey Demo. So glad I waited for it to have a demo/go on sale. It's neat with a very serene atmosphere, but not worth $15 in my opinion.

The demo was extremely linear where if I veered off the correct path, hurricane force winds would blow me back to where I was supposed to go. I don't know how the rest of the game is, but without any kind of incentive to replay it the price needs to drop first for me to consider purchasing it.

I read in one of the reviews that unless you're matched with a random players for cooperative play, the gameplay suffers. I'm not going to hate on this game since I could see what they were going for, it's just not for me at this time.

I have replayed Journey 5 or 6 times, and I don't typically do online co-op or multi-player in games either. To each their own I suppose, but I had all of those same concerns and have absolutely adored it.

#2062 JanusDS

JanusDS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

Quick question - how is the PS Mini game, The Impossible Game, for $0.99 a "sale" or "deal price"? I bought it quite awhile back for that price, then was telling my friend about it quite awhile later, looked it up to make sure and it was still $0.99. Unless I just randomly happened to look at it while it was on sale at 2 completely different and random time frames, that just seems kinda odd. :-s

#2063 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

Quick question - how is the PS Mini game, The Impossible Game, for $0.99 a "sale" or "deal price"? I bought it quite awhile back for that price, then was telling my friend about it quite awhile later, looked it up to make sure and it was still $0.99. Unless I just randomly happened to look at it while it was on sale at 2 completely different and random time frames, that just seems kinda odd. :-s

I think it's free on android. Try it. It's pretty lame. You've got your jump button and that's it, your 'character' (a block), moves forward on its own.

#2064 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

I can't wait for Doctor Who to go up!!! I've been waiting so long!!!

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#2065 htz

htz

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

Another PSN Maintenance for the whole day tomorrow.:-|

#2066 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

I can't wait for Doctor Who to go up!!! I've been waiting so long!!!

It's been up...

#2067 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

The Impossible Game – Minis (Sale) (PSP) (now $0.99, original price $1.99)

http://blog.us.plays...ore-update-239/

#2068 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

Getting Birth by Sleep on PSN is a tremendous trial due to Disney having a stick up their ass about digital distribution.

This sux. They hate money or something? :p

I still don't get the hold out of Square Enix. I was wondering if maybe they'd planned to up res and Vita sell it. They do love to double dip. Although they had no issues putting 3rd Birthday and Dissidia 012 up. Who knows. <shrug>

It's some other notable mentions. I imagine some are like MUA, where the license is up.
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#2069 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

Saw the thread title and was hoping Journey would be on sale.

#2070 HanawayCoca

HanawayCoca

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

Young Thor was a great game and one of the best minis I've played. You have different attacks like the hammer and a lightning attack and can get stronger type attacks and extra gear by completing the levels. There's four worlds but like 8 stages in each world which may be slightly altered. A few boss battles and you gain extra power and HP and magic with leveling up. And you'll have to replay some levels to improve your stats, can replay any level. No trophies but trophy like awards description in game.

Thanks! Downloaded it!