Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#181 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:43 AM

Hopefully they are taking the time to add a quality emulator but I doubt it

#182 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:53 AM

I'm going to be out of the country for the entirety of the FF week, so I'll probably have my wife log in for me.

I already own portable versions of 1-6 on the GBA, DS, and WonderSwan Color. I've had my fill of 7 and won't rebuy that until they make a redone version. I don't own 8 on disc and will probably grab that, and to be able to play 9 on a portable is also worth my money.

One odd consideration, and one that makes me still want to pick up 8 on disc some day, is that I assume that there isn't a way to access the Chocobo World minigame since there's no way I can fathom to attach a Pocket Station to a PS3. (The US release on PS1 claimed to have edited out the game, but it was fully functional if you happened to have the Japan-only peripheral. The PC release added a built-in emulator.) Granted, all that the minigame uniquely adds to the full game is an extra ability for one of your junctions, hardly a game breaker.

#183 reicaden

reicaden

Needs More Cowbell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:28 AM

I already own portable versions of 1-6 on the GBA, DS, and WonderSwan Color. I've had my fill of 7 and won't rebuy that until they make a redone version. I don't own 8 on disc and will probably grab that, and to be able to play 9 on a portable is also worth my money..

Wait what>? I thought we just decided that the only games that could be played on the go were FF4 and FFtactics. I must have missed something.

Or can PS1 games be played on the PSP, but not on the VITA?
I have tried TONS of these websites, but this one delivers. <<<YOU WILL NOT REGRET THIS!>>> 63.00$ in my account and counting! :) Just make a Gmail email, and bam you are good to go.
Posted Image

#184 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:32 AM

Wait what>? I thought we just decided that the only games that could be played on the go were FF4 and FFtactics. I must have missed something.

All of the FF games that will be in the sale are playable on the PSP. The Dissidia games also work on the Vita, according to the CAG list.

#185 Lemmiwinks531

Lemmiwinks531

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:37 AM

Vita will (hopefully soon) be getting a firmware update that will allow it to play PS1 games. Why it didn't launch with that capability, I have no idea.

#186 reicaden

reicaden

Needs More Cowbell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:32 PM

I see I see.... so I should buy this, in anticipation, that I can one day play them on my Vita, hmmm. Tempting... I might get IX just incase then. the ones I can play right now though on my vita are still IV and Tactics though. So I'll get those 3 then.

Wait wait! I Actually own FF IX. Can I play it through my VITA by sharing through my Ps3 (Remote connection)
I have tried TONS of these websites, but this one delivers. <<<YOU WILL NOT REGRET THIS!>>> 63.00$ in my account and counting! :) Just make a Gmail email, and bam you are good to go.
Posted Image

#187 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

Is there any point in playing Dissidia before 012? Or is the story disjointed and the sequel just a better game?

#188 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

That's because PSN didn't exist when the PSP came out and PS1 Classics weren't offered for a while after that, so it wasn't possible by any stretch at or near launch.

That's right. PSP hit in late 2004, PSN in Nov of 2006, and PS1 games were made available the following month.

I guess should have gone into a little more detail with my previous post. The point I wanted to get at is that Sony basically had almost a two year window to prep PS1 emulation for the PSP hardware, whereas they didn't have that luxury this time around and therefore it'd take a bit of time to get things running on the Vita.

#189 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

One odd consideration, and one that makes me still want to pick up 8 on disc some day, is that I assume that there isn't a way to access the Chocobo World minigame since there's no way I can fathom to attach a Pocket Station to a PS3. (The US release on PS1 claimed to have edited out the game, but it was fully functional if you happened to have the Japan-only peripheral. The PC release added a built-in emulator.) Granted, all that the minigame uniquely adds to the full game is an extra ability for one of your junctions, hardly a game breaker.

There isn't unfortunately, however when I had the game on my PSP I downloaded a save file from gamefaqs which started the game at the first save point with 99 of all the chocobo world items and the extra ability already earned.

#190 DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

Thanks for the heads up OP! I will be picking up a 3 months PS+ subscription since the FF games i will be buying will save me $12, really only costing me $6 for those 3 months which i will probably use for something else.

Great forum for PS Vita information: www.psvitaforum.com

United States Navy

#191 srac84

srac84

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

the only reason i dont like PS+ is that once you don't have the subscription anymore, you no longer own the games either.. which sucks..

#192 JG5253

JG5253

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

the only reason i dont like PS+ is that once you don't have the subscription anymore, you no longer own the games either.. which sucks..

If you bought them with the discount you do. Its just the free games you don't keep

#193 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

You never owned them to begin with. They're rentals. It's like a subscription to Napster or Rhapsody.

#194 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

You never owned them to begin with. They're rentals. It's like a subscription to Napster or Rhapsody.

Anything you buy with a PS+ discount is yours to keep even if you let your sub lapse.

#195 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

how often do you think you will replay games you probably wouldn't have bought?

#196 K1NG J0RDAN

K1NG J0RDAN

I Am The One Who KNOCKS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

Sony does a good job of making sure the desired downloads are the ones on sale most of the time.
Posted Image

Hardcore Gamer :D

#197 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

yeah i have ff tactics, 6,7,8,9, all on ps1 disk (6 on gba) but how often have i put those in my ps3, never. so it might be worth it to get 6, tactics and maybe 7. i liked those the most. 8 and 9 i played and beat but never really enjoyed them too much. junction/draw system was horrible(in my opinion). i wish i could get xenogears for cheap or ct version that played well on my ps3, oh wellz.

i so wish they had trophies, but oh wellz...., i would have totally platted all of these in the past ;)
I so can't wait for DMC collection, Silent Hill collection, and recently announced Ratchet and Clank collection, woot! blasts from the past!

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#198 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

http://blog.sonyente...wdown-winner-2/

Looks like Real Steel will be the $0.99 rental on the PS Store for this weekend starting at 2 PM PST on Friday for people that are interested.

I didn't know they are bringing back the theatrical throwdown from last year. I rented a good amount of movies from that promotion, saved me gas from heading to a redbox. Glad Sony is doing it again, going to get Reel Steel for the $0.99.Posted Image

#199 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

I didn't know they are bringing back the theatrical throwdown from last year. I rented a good amount of movies from that promotion, saved me gas from heading to a redbox. Glad Sony is doing it again, going to get Reel Steel for the $0.99.Posted Image

It started last week and it seems like it'll last for four more weeks.

http://blog.sonyente...is-coming-back/

#200 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:28 AM

Anything good to get right now for $10 bucks. I have $24 on my account, but when I get FFOrigins and FFVI, I will have $10 leftover.

#201 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:58 AM

dont forget resident evil chronicles collection. ;)

yeah i have ff tactics, 6,7,8,9, all on ps1 disk (6 on gba) but how often have i put those in my ps3, never. so it might be worth it to get 6, tactics and maybe 7. i liked those the most. 8 and 9 i played and beat but never really enjoyed them too much. junction/draw system was horrible(in my opinion). i wish i could get xenogears for cheap or ct version that played well on my ps3, oh wellz.

i so wish they had trophies, but oh wellz...., i would have totally platted all of these in the past ;)
I so can't wait for DMC collection, Silent Hill collection, and recently announced Ratchet and Clank collection, woot! blasts from the past!

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#202 vierasniper

vierasniper

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

Hey guys quick question to those that have PS+. Do the discounts apply to all games? or just the ones that are on sale that particular week? I wanna try out PS+, but it seems it benefits PS3 owners the most. I currently only have the PS Vita.

#203 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

PS+ is a PS3-focused service. Discounts apply to the specific games that are on sale and a small selection of persistently-discounted titles.

#204 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:40 AM

It started last week and it seems like it'll last for four more weeks.

http://blog.sonyente...is-coming-back/

Just finished watching Reel Steel, great movie for a $0.99.

Hey guys quick question to those that have PS+. Do the discounts apply to all games? or just the ones that are on sale that particular week? I wanna try out PS+, but it seems it benefits PS3 owners the most. I currently only have the PS Vita.

If you only have a Vita, I would not get PS+. All the free stuff and content from PS+ has been targeted at PS3. Only reason PSP can get in on some things is because all minis and PS1 classics work on it by design. The vita only supports a few PSP games, no PS1 classics, not sure about PS minis. The only thing I could think of that PS+ can offer you right now are some free avatars...

#205 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:28 AM

Ratchet & Clank will be delicious....

http://blog.us.plays...layer-included/

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#206 gravel

gravel

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

Rented Real Steel as well, now I just need time to watch it.

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Arkham Origins
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Inazuma Eleven
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed

#207 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

It looks like Motorstorm RC is free this week for the Vita. I have one coming, but it won't get here until next week. Is it possible to get in on this without accessing the store through the Vita?

It's been several years since I've accessed with the PSN store, so I'm behind the curve.
Posted Image

#208 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

You need a Vita or PS3 to get it. It's been free since 3/6, so we don't know when it'll end.

#209 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

You need a Vita or PS3 to get it. It's been free since 3/6, so we don't know when it'll end.

Alright, thanks for the answer. Much appreciated. :)
Posted Image

#210 outunderstars

outunderstars

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

Agreed, and I'm sick of Sony shoving that garbage in my face every time I turn on the PS3. Everybody has different tastes, something the video game companies don't seem to understand anymore.

You know next week is all old school Final Fantasy games on sale right? I can't think of a better example of a video game company understanding that people have different tastes than to offer CoD and FF weeks back to back.