Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#2161 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:53 AM

In for Just Cause 2 bundle and possibly the Infamous 2 DLC if it's available separate. I would have jumped on some others if I hadn't already bought them.

It's too bad that Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow bundle is not on sale either. Has that ever been on sale on PSN?
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#2162 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:34 AM

Considering Infamous 2.

My copy of Infamous is digital so a digital version of Infamous 2 doesn't bother me at all.

#2163 Xbugs

Xbugs

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

Interesting. I wouldn't care if it was used or new, I'd just like to grab a physical copy somewhere.

Just Cause 2 is not rare in Europe, and new copies (both original and Platinum) are still readily available in bargain bins. So you could get your physical copy from Amazon UK or Play.com, for example.

#2164 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

^Cool, thanks for the heads up.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2165 SpaceSpace

SpaceSpace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

Wow, PSN has really been delivering on the good deals lately. I'm probably going to pick up Mortal Kombat as this seems to be the cheapest I've seen the Komplete edition so far, can anyone confirm that this actually does come with everything in the Komplete edition (besides the movie and soundtrack that I really care less about). Also do you know how much hdd MK Ultimate takes up?

Posted Image

#2166 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

Just fyi, Mortal Kombat (non-Komplete edition) trades for 19.00 and 23.40 (after bonuses) at Amazon and Best Buy respectively. So if you have the original version and are looking to snag the DLC (and don't mind going digital) it might be worth taking advantage of those values before they tank and buying in to the Ultimate bundle here.

(p.s. if somehow the 200% tiv value bump rumor at Best Buy next week is true and the value holds, you could net nearly $30 for your old copy - seems doubtful, but something to consider also)

#2167 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

When are these ultimate editions on sale? I still see nothing on PSN.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#2168 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Might take a few more hours. They usually update sometime in the evening, but it varies.. last week was early in the afternoon IIRC. Just keep checking back every couple of hours.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#2169 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

When the store updates in a couple of hours.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#2170 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

Sorry, I'm being lazy, but if anyone could look up the file size of Just Cause 2 that would be awesome! :)

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2171 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

Wasn't, ever, planning to get that Mortal Kombat, but how's the 3D on it? Might be a 1% chance I'll add it to my 3D collection.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2172 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

Sorry, I'm being lazy, but if anyone could look up the file size of Just Cause 2 that would be awesome! :)

7.5 GB

Wow, PSN has really been delivering on the good deals lately. I'm probably going to pick up Mortal Kombat as this seems to be the cheapest I've seen the Komplete edition so far, can anyone confirm that this actually does come with everything in the Komplete edition (besides the movie and soundtrack that I really care less about). Also do you know how much hdd MK Ultimate takes up?

9.8 GB for the base game. I'm not sure what the DLC adds to it.

#2173 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

^Thank you. So......big!!!!

#2174 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

Anyone know if my old LA Noire save will work if I download the PSN "complete edition"?

This is NOT the kind of game you want to replay 10 hours of old cases..

#2175 IronsideGrunt

IronsideGrunt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

It's too bad that Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow bundle is not on sale either. Has that ever been on sale on PSN?

Not that I've noticed. I've been watching it pretty good too especially since XBOX had the DLC on sale recently during a Konami sale.

I am still waiting for the DLC for Castlevania LOS to go on sale for PS3.

Maybe they are trying to squeeze every penny out of the PS3 crowd for it since most people bought it for the PS3 (due to the reviews).

#2176 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

Anyone know if my old LA Noire save will work if I download the PSN "complete edition"?

This is NOT the kind of game you want to replay 10 hours of old cases..

yep! you're good to go.

#2177 outkastx

outkastx

Deals R Us

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

Anyone know when we'll get info on June's free games?

#2178 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

Anyone know when we'll get info on June's free games?

Probably later this week or this weekend I would imagine. Don't they usually announce them with the "Drop" posts?

#2179 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

http://www.eurogamer...pansion-to-vita

An interesting rumor from Eurogamer about a revamp of PS+:

Sony is readying a revamp of PlayStation Plus to be revealed during its E3 press conference, Eurogamer understands.

Multiple sources have indicated that part of Sony's E3 press conference, set for Monday 4th June, will be devoted to running through the revamp, which is designed to help convince more people to sign up to the premium subscription service.

One of the ways Sony will do this is by giving subscribers top tier games for free, and implementing proper integration with PS Vita. Plus on Vita will offer Vita exclusive titles and DLC and cloud services that mean you won't have to connect the handheld to a PlayStation 3 or a PC to back up saves and other content.

Currently PlayStation Plus, which costs £39.99 for a one-year membership and £11.99 for a 90-day membership, grants full game trials, automatic updates, cloud game saving, discounts and early access to content. Sony says Plus offers content worth around £200 a year.

While a Sony Computer Entertainment Europe spokesperson declined to comment on our report, PlayStation Plus content manager Ross McGrath expressed his enthusiasm for the service on his Twitter page.

"By the way, if you don't have a PS+ subscription, now is the time to get one. For real. Just get 3 months if you aren't sure. Trust me," he said.

Earlier this month several possible tiers of subscription options were highlighted by a user survey designed to poll potential customers on what they would like Plus' rewards to focus on, including offering new releases free of charge.

One possible tier would offer 61 new "A" quality games a year, but with only one PS3 release a week. Sony's suggested price would be a $7.99 (about a fiver) monthly fee, with three-month and yearly price plans also available. Another option offers 80 games a year, mostly "C" and "B" quality, for $10 a month (about £6). Titles would be at least a year old, although 10 full PS3 releases would be offered every week.

The revamp of PlayStation Plus marks the beginning of a wider effort to improve the PlayStation Network across multiple devices over the coming year, and, we've heard, may include a new, redesigned PlayStation Store that also facilitates purchases from a proper PC web store similar to Xbox Marketplace.

Eurogamer has also heard from a separate source that Sony has secured the cloud gaming services of either OnLive or Gaikai. Reports indicate this deal could be announced at E3, although it may not directly relate to a PlayStation console, rather, cloud gaming through Sony televisions. Both Gaikai and OnLive declined to comment on our report, but in an email to Eurogamer Gaikai teased "some major announcements in store for E3 that have the potential to change the future of video games, game consoles and how we play".

#2180 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

Probably later this week or this weekend I would imagine. Don't they usually announce them with the "Drop" posts?

No. It'll be a separate post that will happen by next Monday at the latest.

#2181 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

http://www.eurogamer...pansion-to-vita

An interesting rumor from Eurogamer about a revamp of PS+:

Really looking forward to seeing what'll come out of this - they've been pushing PS+ hard over the past year while XBL has been somewhat stagnant (yes, I know they also got cloud saves and beacons and auto power off). Even after that security debacle and massive downtime they've stilled manage to prove to me that their service has value.

That leaked (?) survey was nuts, and any sort of partnership with OnLive could at least be interesting. More Vita love is good. Next week oughta be fun.

#2182 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

Hmmm.....too much speculation to comment on at this point. Especially on what ""A" quality games" means. However, my interests are piqued.

Also, I would like to see them do a separate "PSN PS+" and "Vita PS+". Free Vita games would be worthless in my book.

#2183 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:25 PM

Speaking of E3, there's a Niconico app coming to Vita today that is sort of like Twitch.tv/Justin.tv that will be live streaming the Sony press conference on Monday. They're also going to update it in the future to let you stream your own games and upload videos to the service.

#2184 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

The store has operated in the same way for years now, how are people still asking this dumbass question?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#2185 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

the store has operated in the same way for years now, how are people still asking this dumbass question?

lol.

#2186 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

Hmm sounds interesting, but not enough to get me to drop $60 just yet. Was he hinting at a price increase? Sounds like current subscribers will get a perk or automatically bump to highest tier if they offer mutiples levels?

#2187 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

Looks like the store is stealth updating. Rayman Origins is 23.99 for Plus
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2188 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

Forget the A-list games - I'm more excited about being able to access the Playstation Store from my computer. I missed out on Shank 2, Need for Speed Shift 2, and the PixelJunk and House of the Dead sales because my PS3 was in for repair.

#2189 Magicman103

Magicman103

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

Looks like the store is stealth updating. Rayman Origins is 23.99 for Plus

-_- I wanted it for $15

on the bright side, gravity rush here I come!
Posted Image

Check out this link to earn some cash by doing surveys!
http://OpinionOutpost.com/join/9860393

#2190 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

-_- I wanted it for $15

on the bright side, gravity rush here I come!

Same, cant remember where that 15$ price came from, but 23$ is way too much for me <_<.

Hyped over todays update for nothing
Posted ImagePosted Image