Photo
- - - - -

Dark Souls $17.99, Driver: San Francisco $14.99 (Used) w/Free Shipping at GameFly

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
136 replies to this topic

#31 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:49 AM

Dark Souls is a good price, but I got my kicked by Demon Souls. Not sure if want to grind through another game...

#32 HellKnightKilla

HellKnightKilla

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:49 AM

Alright, it's between Dark Souls from Gamefly or Catherine from Best Buy (I foolishly missed out on the previous GF deal)

Any advice?

#33 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:51 AM

Driver's my awesome go-to game when the other ones I have are boring me.

#34 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:54 AM

Have my last $5 coupon expiring and am itching to use it. Is Driver really that fun? And are there going to be more sales this week, Cheapy?

#35 tenzor

tenzor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

Never purchased from GameFly before, but do their games normally come complete?

#36 fujimitsu

fujimitsu

I came to drink milk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:01 AM

i got it on ps3 since the fanbase is larger on ps3. does anyone know if they will send the original case disk and manual? are they like new? or are they chipped and cracked? has anyone bought from gamefly? are their used games like new, or like crap? thanks

Case and manual are included and basically brand new. They take the games out of the packages and warehouse them until they're sold as used. They come with all DLC.

Discs are rentals so keep that in mind (with 360 especially, ps3 games are almost impossible to scratch). The most common issue is chipping around the exterior of the disc due to the mailers (if you have ever looked at a gamefly or netflix disc you'll know what i mean).

Their customer service is solid and all my experiences (as well as most people, if you read the thread) have been great.

#37 MillionBlades

MillionBlades

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:02 AM

GREAT PRICES.... wish GF had more games on sale this week

#38 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:05 AM

Bit on Driver: SF (:ps3:). There actually isn't much I'm looking out for, so hopefully (if there are more of these sales) nothing else will interest me...

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#39 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:05 AM

dark souls is tempting.. Redboxd it, then raged quit on the first boss after 2 hours. Its 19 but I have still have me2 and rage to play, hmm:-k

What im playing: 
|  :ps3: Dark Souls II :pray:   |  :vita: Spenlunky |

Recently completed:
- Grand Theft Auto V ( Great game, one of the best this gen )
The Last of Us  ( incredible game. gets the "Most honest and appropriate ending ever" award and goty )

#40 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:06 AM

It's taking all my restraint to not buy Dark Souls. I'm trying to get caught up on the last two Assassin's Creed games and I have Graces f coming Thursday. Not to mention Witcher 2 and Xenoblade preordered for next month.

#41 akir

akir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:07 AM

Their used games are practically brand new. cases and manuals are thrown in a warehouse until sold. The chipped discs are blown out of proportion on this forum. They're minuscule chips that have no bearing on gameplay and they will not explode in your drive.

#42 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

If anyone has a $5 code they don't need, I would trade it for a copy of The Ball or Zeno Clash.

#43 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:10 AM

As usual, Gamefly drops the hammer with some great deals again! Definitely in for Driver, as I heard a lot of good things about it. I would get Dark Souls, but I don't hate myself enough, lol.

#44 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:11 AM

i bit on dark souls (again). i had sold it off to make some space for ME3, SSX, etc...., but with a $5 coupon and 10% off, it was only $12. cant miss.

oh, and i suspect multiplayer will be going strong for a while (basically as long as the servers are going). look into the MP specifics though, it's integrated into the

#45 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:14 AM

You should throw away those garbage Ass Creed games in the trash. They're all the same anyway, and are milked to death with 5 games now. Anyhow, Dark Souls is among the very best games made this gen, and ever.

Best price I've seen for one of the very best games of all time. If I didn't already buy the CE at launch I'd be all over this.

Just bought Dark Souls - will it destroy my patience? Or is it such a huge payoff as has been said a million times over.

I like talking to people who have finished this game, and prepare me. (I have read trophy guides and recommended play styles - but I always like to hear what other gamers say, too.)

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#46 IFlyRC80

IFlyRC80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:14 AM

Ordered Dark Souls PS3, already got Driver from a previous sale, don't remember where.

Saw it on twitter first then came here for the link. Thanks Cheapy.

#47 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:23 AM

You should throw away those garbage Ass Creed games in the trash. They're all the same anyway, and are milked to death with 5 games now. Anyhow, Dark Souls is among the very best games made this gen, and ever.

Best price I've seen for one of the very best games of all time. If I didn't already buy the CE at launch I'd be all over this.

Don't get me wrong I plan to buy the game eventually. I'd like to support the devs by getting it new anyways

Edit: I went ahead and bought it. Under $20 with tax. Sorry devs :(

Edited by thegame85, 14 March 2012 - 02:56 AM.

#48 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

Driver is an awesome game. One my my favorites from last year. Here's my review:
http://www.cheapassg...log.php?b=22438

#49 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:36 AM

driver is one of the most fun games i played last year. i didn't really stick with it, but it's a riot.

dark souls requires patience, but is (generally) fair in terms of (a steep) difficulty curve.

this says it better than i could:
http://www.brainygam.../soul-dojo.html
if you like longer and well thought out considerations of video games.

#50 jcwkings

jcwkings

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:36 AM

no reason not to bite on dark souls at this price if you were going to try it, even if you don't like it at the very least you can get your money back

#51 akir

akir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:44 AM

Last time I played Demons Souls was like November and their servers were still online and there were people playing so I suspect Dark Souls will last quite a while as well.

On a side note does anyone know if Demons servers are still up?

#52 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:45 AM

Dark Souls at $20 is a no brainer. Excited to see what the talk is all about.
Posted Image

#53 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:51 AM

Driver San Francisco is utterly fantastic. I love it so much.

Due to a glitch in the online pass codes, the online passes for DSF are free.

#54 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:15 AM

How beat up will my Dark Souls disc be from people renting the game and getting fed up and throwing the disc against the wall?

536739.png

#55 liberaltugboat

liberaltugboat

Don't Tug on Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

Bought Driver based on Cheapy and the bombcast's recommendation
it sounds FUCKING CRAZY
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/LiberalTugboat

Liberating the world... one Tug at a time.

#56 dominator

dominator

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:27 AM

Gotta love gamefly and their deals. I'm definitely biting on these two suckers. Can't wait to see what's in store for tomorrow, thanks Cheapy!

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#57 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:31 AM

I remember seeing Driver for $20 awhile back somewhere.

Good price on Dark Souls though cheapest I have seen for it.

#58 Guest_Pliskin101_*

Guest_Pliskin101_*

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:44 AM

ordered Driver. Thanks for the heads up.

Can't decide on dark souls as it sounds frustrating and I am worried about the online play still being good this late after release.

#59 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:44 AM

i'll wait for their end of month special ...that is every month right?

#60 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:45 AM

Never purchased from GameFly before, but do their games normally come complete?

Yes, always.

How beat up will my Dark Souls disc be from people renting the game and getting fed up and throwing the disc against the wall?

I sold mine off before that could happen, because I could see it coming.

Spoiler