The Eyes of Bayonetta: Art Book & DVD $31.49 pre-order @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

Fantastic Game! wish i had 360 so i could play the 'better' version, but PS3 game was freaking awesome from start to finish.
Instant buy for me just for the book, the dvd is just a bonus. Hopefully they have a teaser about Bayonetta 2

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#32 Antipodes

Antipodes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

Great gameplay but I hated the art. Can't stand the pseudo-christian monster design in games like this and FF13.

#33 dios

dios

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:54 PM

...NGB, NG2 are far, far, far superior to Bayonetta.

Wrong.

#34 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

Was this the same as the Japanese Climax Bible?

No, the Japanese version of this was also called "Eyes of Bayonetta".

#35 Drunken Mantis

Drunken Mantis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:01 PM

Love Bayonetta. Still remember the commercial when it came out saying "Greatest action game on the planet...period." And it's still an arguable point. The gameplay is just so deep and challenging.

#36 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:24 AM

I loved the demo of this game...never played the full game. Gonna try to pick it up on clearance at sears soon.

#37 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:06 AM

Man I could go crazy on these art books. Pre-ordered!

#38 Vrylakos

Vrylakos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:20 AM

Thanks, OP.

Buying it. Would have preferred hardcover, but OH WELL!

Bayonetta.... the only game this gen where I get to punch God into the Sun.

YEAH.

Vrylakos

#39 Foolman

Foolman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:13 AM

Game was cool. Just don't understand why something like this doesn't come out until years after the game has gone out of relevance though, with no real signs of a sequel or anything either.

Well there is a high chance that Kamiya has been directing the sequel for the past year.

#40 def PD

def PD

jack of all trades, master of none

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

I still got a total digital crush on Bayonetta. I know...sad. lol

I love this game so much that I actually imported the limited edition from NZ with the gun, soundtrack, and artbook also.

Not sure if I want to bite on this though. Seems a bit excessive despite how much I like the game and character(s).

"Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity."
- Henry Hartman

My Games
http://club.ign.com/...ef_PD&mode=vown

#41 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

Well there is a high chance that Kamiya has been directing the sequel for the past year.

I hope you're right.

#42 madmak28

madmak28

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

Ugh, did everyone else just get the Delayed till Jan 10, 2013 message?

#43 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

Ugh, did everyone else just get the Delayed till Jan 10, 2013 message?

Haha yep. About 2 minutes ago. Updated the OP with the new date.

#44 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

Either way, thanks for the heads up. Good to have an order secured. The binding on Udon books are terrible, but the content is always top shelf.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#45 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

Udon's website still shows TBD for the release date.

http://www.udonenter...a-art-book-dvd/

#46 airco

airco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:58 PM

Best action game this gen. DMC and Ninja Gaiden ahve nothing on Bayonetta.

I feel like the only person on the planet who doesn't like Bayonetta. The combat never involved much more skill than DODGEROLLDODGEROLLDODGEROLLDODGEROLL -> one button combo, rarely requiring any thought or strategy at all. Even NONSTOP∞CLIMAX difficulty put me to sleep. Sure, maybe the combo system is really deep and and complex, but the thing is, I never cared. I like games that require me to pay attention to timing and position, not about how to get 999 hit combos on corpses - and after Witch Time became completely trivial with Bat Within, it made itself clear that it never wanted me to have to pay attention. On top of that, QTEs are dumb and I hate them. I've never played DMC or Ninja Gaiden (outside the NES version, which I think was pretty cool), but if Bayonetta really is millions of times better than those two, I think I'll just avoid them.

#47 Verelios

Verelios

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

Really bummed after getting the mail today. They pushed it back until TBD? That's pretty weird; what's up with Udon and their releases lately? They've practically all been pushed back.

#48 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

If it was Hardcover, I would bite on this. Not a big fan of Paperbacks. Maybe they should've included the game? Seems lackluster for a paperback book and DVD.

As for Bayonetta being the best hack and slash game of this generation? It's definitely up there, but it is a rather short game with meh music and a story that's been done before (but then again what story hasn't?).

I prefer Ninja Gaiden 2 over it because it was, overall, a much more challenging game with a better combat system. It is better than DMC4, there is no doubt about that, but going back a generation, is it better than DMC3? No way. DMC3 had a great story with one of the best antagonists (Vergil) out there. However, they are all great games with their own faults, just some greater than others.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#49 ryushe

ryushe

Dopey Otaku Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:13 AM

No it doesn't. It makes it better. The gameplay was not just okay, it was awesome. The artstyle was awesome too. Better than those other boring games. Playing a generic ninja and a brooding retard gets old after some time.

Once you've played Bayonetta, there's no reason to play those other games. It sets the bar so high.

No, no they aren't. Bayonetta has amazing gameplay. I'm still discovering new techniques everytime I play the game. The sheer breadth of options it gives you in combat is mindblowing. I'm not hating on the other games. NGB and DMC3 are also two of my favorite games of all time, but Bayonetta stands right up there with them.

Agreed on both points, and the DMC series is one of my favorite series ever.

Oh, and ordered. TY OP.

#50 limelight022

limelight022

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:10 AM

Fuck yeah!!! Absolutley loved the game and will actually preorder this baby!!!!!!!

#51 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:11 AM

If it was Hardcover, I would bite on this. Not a big fan of Paperbacks. Maybe they should've included the game? Seems lackluster for a paperback book and DVD.

As for Bayonetta being the best hack and slash game of this generation? It's definitely up there, but it is a rather short game with meh music and a story that's been done before (but then again what story hasn't?).

I prefer Ninja Gaiden 2 over it because it was, overall, a much more challenging game with a better combat system. It is better than DMC4, there is no doubt about that, but going back a generation, is it better than DMC3? No way. DMC3 had a great story with one of the best antagonists (Vergil) out there. However, they are all great games with their own faults, just some greater than others.

Udon does publish some limited edition hardcovers to distribute at conventions (ex: San Diego Comic Con). They'll sometimes pop up on Udon's website if they have extras for $79.99 plus shipping. Given that this is already more expensive than other Udon books, I'm guessing a hardcover would be around $100.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#52 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:39 AM

i have the japanese version of this book. the majority of it is cg 3d models and fashion illustrations of multiple costume iterations. a few props, but very little environments. if u like costume design/fashion illustration and 3d models, its a great buy, but if you like more balanced artbooks ie darksiders artbook, god of war 3 artbook, or even the skyrim artbook, u might wanna save your money.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#53 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:41 AM

Just added it to my wishlist.

Shame they never did a reprint of the the Official Guide, though. I was lucky enough to get that thing from Amazon UK for about $35 including shipping just before they went out of stock. Now they go for ridiculous prices from third party sellers.

http://www.amazon.co...31745216&sr=8-1

there are guide books that go for THAT MUCH???? i had no idea really just wow lol.

i suppose i can preorder and cancel anytime so no biggie. as for best action games. platinum has had a few good ones this gen. mad world as amazing, bayonetta of course and we cannot forget vanquish that was just an amazing 5 hours of game.

#54 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:04 AM

Here's a review (not mine) of the original Japanese version:

http://parkablogs.com/node/4381
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#55 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:16 AM

FYI for people who haven't pre-ordered much stuff from Udon. Whatever their initial release date is, add about 4-8 months to it. I had no doubt this would get pushed back to late this year or early next year since almost every other thing I have pre-ordered from them has. The wait is worth it since other than the way they do their book bindings, they release very good products and translations.

523546.png

#56 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:53 AM

FYI for people who haven't pre-ordered much stuff from Udon. Whatever their initial release date is, add about 4-8 months to it. I had no doubt this would get pushed back to late this year or early next year since almost every other thing I have pre-ordered from them has. The wait is worth it since other than the way they do their book bindings, they release very good products and translations.

I'm amazed they haven't changed their bindings over the years. The issue is two-fold: really thick paper stock and horrendous glue.

#57 Bandersnatch84

Bandersnatch84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:56 AM

When I first played through Bayonetta I thought it was a good game, but no DMC3. I came back to it a year later and found out how wrong I was. I believe the real game starts when you start going for pure platinum medals. It's a short game if all you want to do is beat it once and toss it aside. It's not a short game if you are trying to truly complete it. It's not a hard game when you don't care about your rating. I'm 80+ hours into it and I'm not even close to completing the game. I still have to unlock Jeanne, Zero, complete the lost chapter, and get a ton of pure platinum medals.

#58 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:10 AM

When I first played through Bayonetta I thought it was a good game, but no DMC3. I came back to it a year later and found out how wrong I was. I believe the real game starts when you start going for pure platinum medals. It's a short game if all you want to do is beat it once and toss it aside. It's not a short game if you are trying to truly complete it. It's not a hard game when you don't care about your rating. I'm 80+ hours into it and I'm not even close to completing the game. I still have to unlock Jeanne, Zero, complete the lost chapter, and get a ton of pure platinum medals.

i agree unfortunently i have tendon problems or something in my hand so pure button mashers like this that require a lot of freakin button mashing are impossible for me. otherwise i would love to play through this game again but my run through on normal was fun enough.