Indie Face Kick Bundle - 2 Days Left + New Game (8 Games + Steam Keys + Charity)

speedwerd

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Bridge It, has been added to all bundles (new and purchased in the past).
2 DAYS LEFT!

[youtube]z_AMnQOqrNM[/youtube]

Indie Face Kick Bundle

Link: http://indie.gamingallthetime.com/

Preview Of The Bundle:
[youtube]Ij_j7IomPbE[/youtube]

Games in the bundle:

They currently are offering 2 bundles:

IFK Wham Bam Bundle:

• 8 Games Above w/ Steam Keys
  • Bridge-It
  • The latest album from FreddeGredde
  • 20% of profits goes to charity
  • Price: $10.00
IFK Wham Bam Pow!:

• Everything above (8 Games/Steam Keys/Music Album)
  • Bridge-It
  • Limited Edition IFK T-Shirt
  • Price: $20.00
Preview of what the shirts may look like:
Style 1:
J8nig.png

Style 2:
UmL1J.png

Charity (20% of profits are going towards): Charity Water

The Email which will contain the keys will be sent to your paypal email.
ALSO, please try and avoid using AOL and Comcast email address as it seems AOL emails bounce on their servers. Try and use either gmail/hotmail/yahoo.

If you encounter any problems, head to the main site and email
the active user on "duty" (bottom right of page) or try and join their steam chat group to settle your issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Drabelincoln']These GATT guys are ass hats[/QUOTE]
What have they done in the past to make them ass hats lol?
I just discovered this today so I'm lost.

[quote name='speedwerd']What have they done in the past to make them ass hats lol?
I just discovered this today so I'm lost.[/QUOTE]

http://www.backlogjourney.com/2012/03/dangers-of-being-kicked-in-face.html

Granted their bundle is legit as far as anyone can tell. All that crap on top of the shennanigans they would pull in their steam group. Event notifications everyone 10 minutes, fake giveaways to lure people into the chat rooms for some unknown reason, people that would ask what they were doing would get booted from chat. Its like its run by a bunch of kids that duped some dev's into handing over keys to them. Thats just my 2 cents however....

Do not want and will not support.

These guys are as shady and arrogant as they come for the above mentioned reasons.

Support the developers directly if you are interested in games in this bundle. Don't support GATT.

Wow after reading that, I am tempted to not jump on this deal. Does seem really shady. Was going to buy the bundle mainly for PAM, since I missed it in a previous indie bundle but now I am tempted to not buy it...

[quote name='speedwerd']Wow after reading that, I am tempted to not jump on this deal. Does seem really shady. Was going to buy the bundle mainly for PAM, since I missed it in a previous indie bundle but now I am tempted to not buy it...[/QUOTE]

They're just real douchers, Im sure the bundle is legit...if you want the games and you aren't going to beat yourself up over buying from these guys then do it. The dev's have confirmed that they are going to be in the bundle..so its not like they're selling Russian keys like the ones they were advertising in their site.

[quote name='Motoki']Meh, I went ahead and got it. The bundle itself is legit, if a bit pricey, and it's not the developers fault.[/QUOTE]

Most of the dev's had no idea they were even in the bundle, the publishers were the ones that put it in...but yeah its not the fault of the dev's.

Worst. Trailer. Ever.

How hard is it to look at the Humble Bundle trailers and copy the style? Must be terribly hard, it seems. When the first game ate up over 1/5th of the run time with a nice loooooooooooooooooooooong shot of the title screen and damn little gameplay, all while the pounding techno music blooped away, I rapidly lost interest and I usually buy these sorts of things. Seeing all the warnings about the organizers nailed the lid down on my interest.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Most of the dev's had no idea they were even in the bundle, the publishers were the ones that put it in...but yeah its not the fault of the dev's.[/QUOTE]

Well half of them are published by Meridian 4, but as best as I can tell the other half are from little indie developers and don't have a major publisher. Not that Meridian is major, but still.

I won't buy it since I have all but 2 games on my steam library. However, reading the backlogjourney blog and reading replies/comments by GamerkeysNet (I guess it's one of their sponsors), this one baffles me:

"Vilify me all you want, but in the end I am happy to say that I sold well in excess of 1000 MW3 keys which means at least $11,800 USD went in the pocket of the Activision.Instead of a complete loss they were able to get something out of it. some people are not able or willing to pay 60 USD/EUR for a game, I allow them to at least support the devs a little rather than just pirating which could be eaier than anything I detail on the site."

The "some people are not able or willing to pay 60 USD/EUR for a game" line is ironic. Today's CAG community will always post this in every game deal thread "great deal but i'll buy when it's $20." or "not worth the $60 and I'll get this game for $10" etc. I know that I'm risking by account being locked if I buy a non-US steam key but I just find it ironic since I keep seeing these "i'll buy this for $20 or less" posts on every thread.

[quote name='vlv723']I won't buy it since I have all but 2 games on my steam library. However, reading the backlogjourney blog and reading replies/comments by GamerkeysNet (I guess it's one of their sponsors), this one baffles me:

"Vilify me all you want, but in the end I am happy to say that I sold well in excess of 1000 MW3 keys which means at least $11,800 USD went in the pocket of the Activision.Instead of a complete loss they were able to get something out of it. some people are not able or willing to pay 60 USD/EUR for a game, I allow them to at least support the devs a little rather than just pirating which could be eaier than anything I detail on the site."

The "some people are not able or willing to pay 60 USD/EUR for a game" line is ironic. Today's CAG community will always post this in every game deal thread "great deal but i'll buy when it's $20." or "not worth the $60 and I'll get this game for $10" etc. I know that I'm risking by account being locked if I buy a non-US steam key but I just find it ironic since I keep seeing these "i'll buy this for $20 or less" posts on every thread.[/QUOTE]

I would call that commercial exploitation, which I would also consider a form of piracy. These douches and their self-righteous attitudes are who anon should really target on the grounds of moral injustice, not personal gain.

FYI, have it on good authority that Sol Survivor, by far and away, the class of the bundle, will be appearing in a legit bundle very shortly.;)

[quote name='JoeDuck']FYI, have it on good authority that Sol Survivor, by far and away, the class of the bundle, will be appearing in a legit bundle very shortly.;)[/QUOTE]

So, Sol Survivor will be in Humble Bundle 6? If true, that's another reason I should hold off on the Indie Face Kick bundle, lol.

[quote name='JoeDuck']FYI, have it on good authority that Sol Survivor, by far and away, the class of the bundle, will be appearing in a legit bundle very shortly.;)[/QUOTE]

You can bet we'll be looking forward to getting it on the third relaunch attempt!

[quote name='Mooby']Nah, Joe Derp... I mean Duck is the hidden Groupees plant so whatever their next bundle will be.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok. Didn't know that.

[quote name='iamsmart']You can bet we'll be looking forward to getting it on the third relaunch attempt![/QUOTE]

Well played... but these guys got some pretty cool things in the works.

[quote name='sunghost']I call dibs on the third relaunch, you guys can have the fourth one! ;)[/QUOTE]

Personal foul... unnecessary roughness! ;)

I want to know who the hell is going to shell out 16 dollars for that god awful cafepress looking shirt they are trying to sell with the bundle. These guys are seriously clowns.

And if it doesn't crash the servers this time then you guys will be forgiven.

Seriously, PLEASE make sure that situation is sorted out and I would also strongly suggest allowing pre-orders to stagger some of the load. I will almost certainly pre-order unless I have most of the games already.

I feel bad for Groupees because a lot of people, myself included :p, gave a lot less than we originally intended to due to all the launch issues. Some people probably just gave up too. It's a shame because the game selection was good.

PS - I don't suggest the giving people an extra random gift game because then they will always go 'Waaaah so&so got Game X and I only got Game Y'.

Just keep everyone on the same page or if you want to give something extra for those who gave above average then go for it.

CatInTent, kudos to you for sharing your findings with us CAG's. We have a weakness for bundles, one that GATT is trying to exploit. By revealing their true nature, you've saved us all a substantial amount of grief.

I myself will stick with bundles I can trust.

@Drabelincoln: Thanks for linking that article. It was certainly eye-opening... especially in the comments section.

This bundle, at any price, isn't much of a deal if it can potentially get your Steam account banned.

Pass on this one.

[quote name='sykotek']@Drabelincoln: Thanks for linking that article. It was certainly eye-opening... especially in the comments section.

This bundle, at any price, isn't much of a deal if it can potentially get your Steam account banned.

Pass on this one.[/QUOTE]

I keys for the games won't get you banned. They are legitimately getting them from the devs and publishers. The GATT guys are just shady themselves.

People keep missing the point about this bundle.

The issue is not whether the bundle itself is "legit" or not. Though, it was actually some publishers, not developers, that decided to include their games.

The issue is that the GAAT guys are lying, arrogant scumbags who got caught in compliance with an illegal practice and responded with denial and empty threats. Then they apologized and backtracked while saying how "hard" they've been working "since forever." That's complete horses**t.

Even then, I wouldn't say the bundle is legit. I will not trust these guys with any of my personal or payment information, even if I wanted any of these games. You cannot trust shady people who show even a glimmer of untrustworthy or illegal activity.

Just look at the promotion video. Awful music and incorrect aspect ratios. Some of the shots show the Steam tab in the lower right corner. It's a very shoddy production run by shady people.

I sound judgmental, but I can't understand why anyone would buy from GATT in light of these awful practices.

[quote name='inm8num2']People keep missing the point about this bundle.

The issue is not whether the bundle itself is "legit" or not. Though, it was actually some publishers, not developers, that decided to include their games.

The issue is that the GAAT guys are lying, arrogant scumbags who got caught in compliance with an illegal practice and responded with denial and empty threats. Then they apologized and backtracked while saying how "hard" they've been working "since forever." That's complete horses**t.

Even then, I wouldn't say the bundle is legit. I will not trust these guys with any of my personal or payment information, even if I wanted any of these games. You cannot trust shady people who show even a glimmer of untrustworthy or illegal activity.

Just look at the promotion video. Awful music and incorrect aspect ratios. Some of the shots show the Steam tab in the lower right corner. It's a very shoddy production run by shady people.

I sound judgmental, but I can't understand why anyone would buy from GATT in light of these awful practices.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I'm actually very tempted to preorder the bundle because the price isn't bad for all of the games offered.. but after seeing proof that these guys are shady I'm pretty sure that I'm going to hold off until these games are in different bundles before purchasing. I don't really doubt that the bundle itself is legit, I just don't want to support these guys. Sol Survivor, which is probably the best game in the bundle will most likely be in the next Groupees bundle which just makes the decision that much easier.

I bet we won't be seeing them host any more bundles after this lol.

If you guys wanna talk about a worse video, check out the first video they made for the bundle. You are a god if you can get through it with the music they used.

[youtube]MQ6spDgP488[/youtube]

Anyway, after reading up on their ToS, it doesn't seem that bad, but I still agree with everyone. They are shady. I'm going to hold out on buying the bundle. PAM will probably be included in another future bundle.

Seeing how only a few people are going to actually get the bundle and everyone else is going it ignore it, should I just lock the thread up?

[quote name='inm8num2']I will not trust these guys with any of my personal or payment information, even if I wanted any of these games. You cannot trust shady people who show even a glimmer of untrustworthy or illegal activity.
[/QUOTE]

FWIW I used Paypal and it was a one time authorization. I also hadn't really read all this goings on until after I paid.

Between all the drama and the rather steep (for a bundle) price I don't imagine this will be one of the more successful bundles but we'll see.

[quote name='poxi']Well, they already announced dustforce in their second bundle. Not sure if serious.[/QUOTE]

Awww man! I really want Dustforce.

And I know, I know durr, just buy the damned thing but all these bundles have trained me to not buy the games separately at retail. It's like buying something at Bed Bath and Beyond without a coupon. I just can't do it.

Eh. If the keys are legit I don't see any problem with going for it. It's other people's drama surrounding a no-name group that I'd never heard of before seeing the bundle and will promptly forget exists once the bundle's been purchased. Use Paypal and there you go. Worrying about what you "support" just works against being a good consumer, especially when it comes to games - getting the best value for your money, in other words.

[quote name='Schildkrote']Eh. If the keys are legit I don't see any problem with going for it. It's other people's drama surrounding a no-name group that I'd never heard of before seeing the bundle and will promptly forget exists once the bundle's been purchased. Use Paypal and there you go. Worrying about what you "support" just works against being a good consumer, especially when it comes to games - getting the best value for your money, in other words.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. It's a little selfish to be a "CAG" and really care about who you are buying things from. With the essence of how we work here and all the flippers and "clearance-only mentality", most of the things bought and traded in by users here end up screwing someone.

So, whatever. 8 games I don't have for 8 bucks. I'll take that any day, as long as it's not illegal.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Completely agree. It's a little selfish to be a "CAG" and really care about who you are buying things from. With the essence of how we work here and all the flippers and "clearance-only mentality", most of the things bought and traded in by users here end up screwing someone.

So, whatever. 8 games I don't have for 8 bucks. I'll take that any day, as long as it's not illegal.[/QUOTE]

To each his own. Some people avoid GameStop due to their business practices which are far less shady than the GATT guys.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Completely agree. It's a little selfish to be a "CAG" and really care about who you are buying things from. With the essence of how we work here and all the flippers and "clearance-only mentality", most of the things bought and traded in by users here end up screwing someone.

So, whatever. 8 games I don't have for 8 bucks. I'll take that any day, as long as it's not illegal.[/QUOTE]

Some CAGers actually care who they spend their money from and not "just get the lowest price for a game." You might not care, but I do care who I give my money to and I tend not to give it to confirmed assholes like the guys hosting the bundle no matter how cheap it is. Some things are worth more than money.

Well if their next bundle has Dustforce and Snuggle Truck as rumored then I am getting it. If that makes me a bad person and I get the CAG equivalent of the Scarlett Letter then oh well.

[quote name='Motoki']Well if their next bundle has Dustforce and Snuggle Truck as rumored then I am getting it. If that makes me a bad person and I get the CAG equivalent of the Scarlett Letter then oh well.[/QUOTE]

I have to admit those two games do sound appealing. I wonder how these guys get some games while other bundles don't have games as appealing.

[quote name='voken']Some things are worth more than money.[/QUOTE]

I'll agree with that, but add that video games and pretty much anything related to them aren't anywhere close to being some of those things.

Pseudo-sentimentality like this is what allows big publishers and dev studios to get away with anti-consumer policies like online passes that would never fly in other industries - because if you buy used you're "not supporting the industry" and you're leaving developers to starve in the street, of course! Game consumers allow themselves to be guilted into believing they're responsible for the industry's stability when in reality if a publisher is losing money it's their own fault and they should be the ones addressing it.

Here, when it comes down to it, you're getting eight solid games here for eight bucks and your association with the people who sold you the games begins and ends the minute you purchase them. Greed: Black Border is a fantastic co-op game and well worth the eight dollars all by itself.

I'm still going to support the bundle. They're new to the whole bundle thing and made a couple of mistakes. I saw a post on Redit and they seem pretty alright guys, they just need to fix their website and fix a couple of other things.

The games are legitimate
http://cadenzainteractive.com/sol-survivor-get-kicked-in-the-face/
Here's the charity that the 20% going to http://www.charitywater.org/, 60% goes to developers and the other 20% goes to Gatt. As for the shirts, from what I understand the shirts shipping is included.

[quote name='speedwerd']If you guys wanna talk about a worse video, check out the first video they made for the bundle. You are a god if you can get through it with the music they used.

[youtube]MQ6spDgP488[/youtube]

Anyway, after reading up on their ToS, it doesn't seem that bad, but I still agree with everyone. They are shady. I'm going to hold out on buying the bundle. PAM will probably be included in another future bundle.

Seeing how only a few people are going to actually get the bundle and everyone else is going it ignore it, should I just lock the thread up?[/QUOTE]

The Music it self was alright... I personally thought the begining (Before the atrocious singing) could have added a few more of the same chords and sounded even better. Don't support the bundle if you don't want shit like this to happen again... If you are fine with that... then all power to ya.

[quote name='Darker']I'm still going to support the bundle. They're new to the whole bundle thing and made a couple of mistakes. I saw a post on Redit and they seem pretty alright guys, they just need to fix their website and fix a couple of other things. [/QUOTE]

I hope you realize it's not so much the site issues and far more the scummy organizers that are at issue here.

I hear you, but I don't think they are that bad from what I've seen so far. Yeah, they had a questionable link to another site and they could of handled it a lot better, instead of acting so defensive. Then to make threats over something that could of been easily addressed. The idea is nice to help the developers but it was just poorly handled and executed on there part. Hopefully they learn something from this, same could be said about other bundles that made mistakes Bemine for an example.

[quote name='Bios Element']I hope you realize it's not so much the site issues and far more the scummy organizers that are at issue here.[/QUOTE]

I hear you, but I don't think they are that bad from what I've seen so far. Yeah, they had a questionable link to another site and they could of handled it a lot better, instead of acting so defensive. Then to make threats over something that could of been easily addressed. The idea is nice to help the developers but it was just poorly handled and executed on there part. Hopefully they learn something from this, same could be said about other bundles that made mistakes Bemine for an example.

bread's done
Back