Photo
- - - - -

Indie Face Kick Bundle - 2 Days Left + New Game (8 Games + Steam Keys + Charity)

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#121 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

I find it amusing how hard people try to rationalize buying this bundle. It's as though some gamers cannot say no to 8 games for $10, even if they have doubts.

The GAAT guys haven't learned anything. They simply backtracked after getting exposed multiple times and lashing out childishly with legal threats.

Imagine that, threatening someone with legal action for pointing out that their website has a link to illegal key sellers and a guide on how to use VPNs, something forbidden by Steam.

Honestly, how stupid do you have to be to think that having those links on your website isn't an issue when trying to promote a sale of products for a platform that has rules against said links? How is that not a red flag for people? "Oh, they took it down, it's legit." I will err on the side of caution and not support this group. If I really wanted the games I'd go straight to the developers or through Steam.

#122 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

I find it amusing how hard people try to rationalize buying this bundle. It's as though some gamers cannot say no to 8 games for $10, even if they have doubts.

The GAAT guys haven't learned anything. They simply backtracked after getting exposed multiple times and lashing out childishly with legal threats.

Imagine that, threatening someone with legal action for pointing out that their website has a link to illegal key sellers and a guide on how to use VPNs, something forbidden by Steam.

Honestly, how stupid do you have to be to think that having those links on your website isn't an issue when trying to promote a sale of products for a platform that has rules against said links? How is that not a red flag for people? "Oh, they took it down, it's legit." I will err on the side of caution and not support this group. If I really wanted the games I'd go straight to the developers or through Steam.

Meridian4 seems to give their games to anyone that wants to sell a bundle. I say we contact them and start our own CAG bundle.

#123 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

Meridian4 seems to give their games to anyone that wants to sell a bundle. I say we contact them and start our own CAG bundle.

You know, given how badly some some of these recent upstart bundles have been run, the thought had crossed my mind that I could do at least as well as them if I started my own bundle. It seems like any idiot can get there own bundle now a days. Why not us idiots?

#124 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

You know, given how badly some some of these recent upstart bundles have been run, the thought had crossed my mind that I could do at least as well as them if I started my own bundle. It seems like any idiot can get there own bundle now a days. Why not us idiots?

If you decide to do such a thing let me know. I'd be more than happy to lend a hand or wallet whatever the case may be.

#125 tannersarms

tannersarms

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

The CAG brand name would certainly lend credibility to a bundle, but you'd need a good programmer to handle the keys distribution.

#126 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

Have any of the bundles released their profit and payment-to-the-developers structure? Do you think they have a guaranteed base payout to get dev interest?

#127 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

Kinda tempted on this deal.

#128 GamingKnight

GamingKnight

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:49 AM

I must be the exception, because not only have I not gotten my keys after pre-ordering, but it's been 24 hours since I contacted them. Googling if anyone else had issues has brought me here and at gog.com.

However, you guys mention different e-mails to try out for customer support, whereas the one I tried was jrselam@gmail.com ,the e-mail that was on the e-mail receipt.

While the deal is great, crap customer service is still crap customer service. I'm going to try Mitsuki first, then that other one.

#129 speedwerd

speedwerd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:19 AM

I must be the exception, because not only have I not gotten my keys after pre-ordering, but it's been 24 hours since I contacted them. Googling if anyone else had issues has brought me here and at gog.com.

However, you guys mention different e-mails to try out for customer support, whereas the one I tried was jrselam@gmail.com ,the e-mail that was on the e-mail receipt.

While the deal is great, crap customer service is still crap customer service. I'm going to try Mitsuki first, then that other one.

If that doesn't work, try their steam chat support. Its also linked under the customer support/service email on the website.

#130 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:45 AM

I would file a case with Paypal and get your money back.

#131 GamingKnight

GamingKnight

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:45 AM

Thanks much for the info. I got a response asking me to forward them the receipt. >> You'd think the receipt number would be enough, but I guess they must not have organized records to look through.

I wanted to smack Mitsuki for stating the obvious to me that the keys were already mailed out. Hence the issue I'm having. :wall:

Dunno how much longer I'll stay up on this since it's already 2 AM.

Edit: Got my keys finally and activated them.

Edited by GamingKnight, 02 April 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#132 speedwerd

speedwerd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Well posting because of an update to the bundle.

Roughly 2 days left until the bundle ends first off. So if you are still interested in it, you still have time.

Second, it seems they added another game to the bundle. Its a DRM version of Bridge-It (I take that means no steam key for it). According to their most recent tweet, all users who have purchased the bundle should have a copy of the game.

Preview of the game can be seen below. Not the greatest quality, seems like a bridge simulator lol.

z_AMnQOqrNM

Added all info to the OP.

#133 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

Well posting because of an update to the bundle.

Roughly 2 days left until the bundle ends first off. So if you are still interested in it, you still have time.

Second, it seems they added another game to the bundle. Its a DRM version of Bridge-It (I take that means no steam key for it). According to their most recent tweet, all users who have purchased the bundle should have a copy of the game.

Preview of the game can be seen below. Not the greatest quality, seems like a bridge simulator lol.

z_AMnQOqrNM

Added all info to the OP.

The email I got also seemed to imply that Bridge it would only be available for 48 hours

FaceKickers Hurry - Free bonus game for you in the next 48 hours!

And

You should hurry up and take this gift fast as the current bundle ending in 48 hours

Maybe I am reading that wrong but it sounds like use it or lose it to me.

#134 speedwerd

speedwerd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

Hmm that is very interesting, I was just going based off their twitter feed, which reads:

Indiefacekick brings all bundle owners the first ever DRM FREE Version of Bridge-It. Added to your accounts in the next 24 hours!

That was a day ago. I guess the question is, will you have access to it after the bundle ends. I take it you can download the game it will be yours to keep. Just being able to re-access it after the bundle is over is the question at hand :/

#135 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

The email I got also seemed to imply that Bridge it would only be available for 48 hours

And

Maybe I am reading that wrong but it sounds like use it or lose it to me.

Actually I think you answered your own question: bundle ends in 2 days, no more bonus in 2 days.

It may not be precisely what was said but I expect that was the intent.

#136 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

Got home and started downloading Bridge It. Good god are their servers slow. I mean 90s AOL on a 9600 baud dial up modem slow.

I hope it really is staying up the beyond 48 hours because I might need more than 48 hours to download it. :-P

Edited by Motoki, 19 April 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#137 lidl

lidl

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

I was weak and bit :( Couldn't resist after the latest addition, as I've always wanted to try Bridge-It.

Started the download yesterday (~130mb) and it downloaded with a whopping 25kB/s with 4 segments in DTA! Had to pause after an hour to get out of the house.

Today I resumed and it was downloading with 750kB/s! Still no world record, but better than yesterday. I guess everybody was downloading at the same time.
:hd: :360: :psp: :gba: :wii: :dvd: :ps2: :xbox: :gc: :ds: :pc: :ps3:

#138 speedwerd

speedwerd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

Glad to hear the download rates are going a bit faster. I just imagine everyone was downloading it yesterday and now less are today.

#139 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

If anybody's interested in a trade, I'm willing to trade unused Steam keys for Plain Sight or Madballs in Babo: Invasion from the BeMine2 bundle for Steam keys for Still Life 2 or P.A.M. from this one. PM if interested.

#140 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:38 AM

I noticed they added the donate more button now. Still on the fence whether I want the tier one bonuses enough to pay another $6.

#141 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:50 AM

I'm interested in Still Life 2, Avencast, and Dead Horde, but I have everything else. I have lots of spare Humble Bundle and Indie Gala keys if anyone is willing to trade.

#142 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

Got another email that says:

Last 24 hours to grab your Free bonus game...
It is your last chance to Download the Free Bonus game!

I still think they might yank the thing whent the bundle is over so anyone who wants it should grab it just in case.

#143 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

If they yank it after the bundle is over that's pretty freaking lame. Hope nobody was on vacation or away from their computer that and didn't check their email. If this is the case they should stick to steam keys.