Resident Evil Raccoon City Special Edition Back In Stock (360 only)

[quote name='meta460085']What's in the SpecEd?[/QUOTE]

It says right there in the product description on the Amazon page what is included.

If you care about DLC, it does include all of the pre-order bonuses, plus two extra guns.

I love Resident Evil but I'm not so sure about this. If I was gonna bite I should have done it when it was $60 for the special edition. But a nice deal for others.

[quote name='thegame85']I love Resident Evil but I'm not so sure about this. If I was gonna bite I should have done it when it was $60 for the special edition. But a nice deal for others.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? The price is $59.99.

Of note, all the DLC included with the Special Edition as well as all individual retail preorder bonuses (all of which are included by default in the special edition) with be day 1 DLC for $7. In fact, I think they already released it on the marketplace if someone wants to confirm.

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Of note, all the DLC included with the Special Edition as well as all individual retail preorder bonuses (all of which are included by default in the special edition) with be day 1 DLC for $7. In fact, I think they already released it on the marketplace if someone wants to confirm.[/QUOTE]

Yep, they have the three individual packs for $5 or a bundle of everything for $7 up on the marketplace on 360 at least.

Last weekend I cancelled my $59.99 Special Edition pre-order from a couple months back.

Your welcome to whoever gets it lol i'll pass game looks blah. Hurry up RE6!

ALSO FYI the 3/10 score was for single player only and online is the main focus of this RE.. From the guys who screwed up SOCOM.

I canceled my PS3 version this morning so maybe a few of those will end up back for sale. The fact that it's Capcom and that 3/10 review spooked me.

I'm not expecting great reviews as I think there are a core group of gamers that have a negative bias towards anything Capcom and are always going to be disappointed that recent RE releases have departed from the original "survival horror" roots.

Remember the 3/10 review is Single Player only, I'm holding out hope for the MP section. I doubt Left 4 Dead would be so critically acclaimed on it's single player merits.

Anyone know how much release day delivery costs? Amazon doesn't list the prices next to the shipping selections.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I canceled my PS3 version this morning so maybe a few of those will end up back for sale. The fact that it's Capcom and that 3/10 review spooked me.[/QUOTE]

Same for me, though I cancelled the PS3 version last month when the gameplay videos showed up. I can't justify $60 for this game, even if it was the special edition.

[quote name='JPLS']Anyone know how much release day delivery costs? Amazon doesn't list the prices next to the shipping selections.[/QUOTE]

99c

[quote name='JPLS']Anyone know how much release day delivery costs? Amazon doesn't list the prices next to the shipping selections.[/QUOTE]

IIRC it's $.99 if you don't have prime, add to cart and go to checkout to see lazy ass! ;)

[quote name='$hady']IIRC it's $.99 if you don't have prime, add to cart and go to checkout to see lazy ass! ;)[/QUOTE]

haha well they want me to put my credit card info in to see, and I'm not sure which card I'm going to use yet. I thought it was .99, but I had to be sure!

[quote name='WingsDJY']Is it sad that I only want this for the steelbook and not even the game?[/QUOTE]

Haha I'm in the same boat. The MP looked fun, but honestly, I'm not a big time multiplayer person, especially with shooters. I get bored pretty fast after a while. I have debated on per-ordering this, but I think I'll just wait on a price drop.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Is it sad that I only want this for the steelbook and not even the game?[/QUOTE]

I hope not because that is the only reason I placed an order. I will probably never even play it. It can sit there with the other games that never get played but I bought because the case looked cool.

[quote name='junkie88']I hope not because that is the only reason I placed an order. I will probably never even play it. It can sit there with the other games that never get played but I bought because the case looked cool.[/QUOTE]

Same with me. Glad I don't feel so alone now.

I'm still gonna get it. Bunch of my PSN buddies are getting it anyway, even if the Single Player sucks, the games multiplayer still looks good

[quote name='Barney']well i placed my pre-order last month.. do you guys really think i should cancel it?[/QUOTE]
its your money

[quote name='Barney']well i placed my pre-order last month.. do you guys really think i should cancel it?[/QUOTE]

I preordered the special edition when it was $60 from Amazon and if bad reviews start to roll in I'm just going to cancel.

while I WILL actually play the game, I would NOT have pre-ordered it if it was a regular case

I'm actually shocked that publishers haven't caught onto this that steelbook cases are 100x more attractive than normal cases... I'd actually pay $10 just for a steelbook and specially-printed disc art

[quote name='lokizz']damn 3/10 is pretty bad gonna wait on this then until i can see some mp videos.[/QUOTE]

3/10?

I need to read some bad reviews to sway me from not getting it right now. I will get it eventually but Id like to obtain it at a lower price... But soo tempted! gah..

Dunno whats with all the anti-hype so far before any decent reviews. But i'v heard pretty good things from people who have gotten the game early. (Someone on Gamefaqs is answering questions now too)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Dunno whats with all the anti-hype so far before any decent reviews. But i'v heard pretty good things from people who have gotten the game early. (Someone on Gamefaqs is answering questions now too)[/QUOTE]

It's cool to shit on anything capcom or resident evil. I'm still looking forward to this. I have yet to read any sort of well put together review.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']3/10?

I need to read some bad reviews to sway me from not getting it right now. I will get it eventually but Id like to obtain it at a lower price... But soo tempted! gah..[/QUOTE]

yeah thats where im at i want it bad because its basically the re game ive always wanted like a bulked up new version of re mercenaries but id hate to get it day one and be letdown so yeah until i see some video reviews and mp videos ill wait.

I've seen some MP videos, mostly Nemesis mode, and I haven't been deterred. I want to see what Heroes mode is all about, but I'm pretty sure I'll love this unconditionally like the rest of the RE series. I mean there's a clear hierarchy of which games are the best in the series, and 4 was the last recent one that was even close to great, but I'm always down for a trip back to Coon City!

I am kind of curious about this one but will probably wait on it. Would want the steelbook though :whistle2:D Probably wait for the Ultimate Resident Evil Racoon City: Arcade Edition being announced in 4 months :whistle2:D Sorry guys... had to :whistle2:D

[quote name='GBAstar']It's cool to shit on anything capcom or resident evil. I'm still looking forward to this. I have yet to read any sort of well put together review.[/QUOTE]
has more to do with Capcom not making good games anymore, rather than trying to look cool.

I'm on the verge of cancelling, but something tells me this CE might actually be worth something if only because it's a game that's getting mediocre reviews, most places are out of stock on the CE currently and it's almost definitely not getting a second print run. Choices choices ...

[quote name='etcrane']I'm on the verge of cancelling, but something tells me this CE might actually be worth something if only because it's a game that's getting mediocre reviews, most places are out of stock on the CE currently and it's almost definitely not getting a second print run. Choices choices ...[/QUOTE]

Yea, I thought that as well, but look at Dark Souls. I'm not trying to deter you from whatever decision you make, I think I'm mainly trying to talk myself out of it haha. I sometimes suck at this patience thing.

bread's done
Back