Black Teen Shot, Killed By Neighborhood Watch

• Please log in to reply
2351 replies to this topic

#1441 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

Here's a hot tip for the people who think they know guns. You don't point a gun at anyone you don't want to kill.

I completely agree. That's why it's dangerous to praise people for shooting in non-lethal situations (a guy who fires a warning shot at the feet of a dude he thinks is probably robbing his neighbor's house, for example). I agree, that based on the article, the guy who shot at the robbers was very likely responding to a life or death situation. If the bad guy comes in with a baseball bat and is breaking monitors, and demands money but isn't attacking anybody, then I don't think you have a legal justification for opening fire, but I'm obviously no judge, and it would ultimately be up to a jury.

#1442 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

Self-defense is always a tricky thing, there's no doubt about that. We all have our perfectly consistent ideas about how it should always go down, but public perception is not shared.

What is considered self-defense revolves around location, time, race, sex, weapon, behavior, etc. If I carried any type of weapon, whether it be a firearm or a knife or even mace, I would carry a video camera that fits in my pocket at all times to record audio and video when I was carrying. That, I think, is what is going to save your ass or at the very least keep you on the right side of the law.

With people who claim self-defense so suspected by the general public, you have to protect yourself not just from criminals, but from the media as well. You can do that with video and it's easier than ever.

I mean, let's say a man knocked a woman out cold, but claims self-defense. Let's be honest, we would all look at his story skeptically. I would. But if there's video

it becomes so clear. Criminals don't always record their own crimes, so carry your own camera. I think that the prevalence of portable cameras, including cell phone cameras, have taught us a lot about how the world really is.

#1443 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:03 AM

Yeah, who said anything about black people??? Of course, THIS is about black people to Spokker...

As far as the interview, Zimmerman says he doesn't regret ANYTHING about that incident, even being there. Just play that for the jury and we'll see how that turns out for him. And what made Trayvon suspicious was... it was raining... and he was skipping too! This guy can't get his story straight. Comes off as the delusional person with a hero complex that he is.

Here is an abbreviated video with the choice words and some commentary.

Let's me see if I got this straight...

Martin looked suspicious because he was skipping through the rain and wasn't a fitness enthusiast, was apparently a ninja with the way he just appeared behind Zimmerman, said a line straight out of an action movie, and after he was shot said "You got me" like they a kid playing Cops and Robbers.

I think Zimmerman forgot the part where Martin was transforming into a werewolf.

#1444 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

Let's me see if I got this straight...

Martin looked suspicious because he was skipping through the rain and wasn't a fitness enthusiast, was apparently a ninja with the way he just appeared behind Zimmerman, said a line straight out of an action movie, and after he was shot said "You got me" like they a kid playing Cops and Robbers.

I think Zimmerman forgot the part where Martin was transforming into a werewolf.

Well said! This guys account is so compelling! Said no one... except some right-wing Fuck-tards.
Posted Image

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." - George Orwell

#1445 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

This thread needs a bump.

Not sure how many of you are still following the case, but Zimmerman's lawyer got what he asked for and got a new judge on the case. Word is that she's even tougher than the one that she replaced. O'Mara's reason for the request is that Lester gave Zimmerman a few harsh words in his decision to raise the bail amount. LULZ

http://articles.orla...tin-mark-o-mara

#1446 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

I read about that. Sounds like he was trying to play judge roulette and came up no better than before.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#1447 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:32 PM

I've been trying to keep up with the case for weeks but I this news completely went under my radar. Looks like Zimmerman is trying his hardest to find a judge who'll sympathize with him, or maybe just one who's friends with his dad.

#1448 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

I've been trying to keep up with the case for weeks but I this news completely went under my radar. Looks like Zimmerman is trying his hardest to find a judge who'll sympathize with him, or maybe just one who's friends with his dad.

It's also possible that he's trying to burn through enough billable hours to bankrupt Zimmerman or at least drain enough of his donations to qualify for public funding, of which he would've qualified for initially since he allegedly didn't know about the amount of donations Zimmerman pulled in from his website. That's the rumor anyways.

#1449 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

#1450 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

No trying to be rude, and pardon my pun, but this topic has been beat to death. Everyone knows zimmerman murdered him, and that is all that really matters at this point. There has been 70 pages of stupid thus far, we really don't need another 20.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1451 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

No trying to be rude, and pardon my pun, but this topic has been beat to death. Everyone knows zimmerman murdered him, and that is all that really matters at this point. There has been 70 pages of stupid thus far, we really don't need another 20.

Matters in a court of law. If somone here even argues or is still convinced a 17 year old kid can beat a grown man near death, a juror may also be to stupid/biased enough to believe it.

#1452 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

Uhh yea so lets bring this story back.

Seems like there is no evidence at all that young Trey handled Zimmermans gun that night.

http://newsfeed.time...zimmermans-gun/

The first comment on that page brings something up that I never realized. How the hell would Trey reach for a gun he didnt know Zimmerman had until they apparently starting fighting?

Anyway, this doesnt really lead to any blockbuster crack in the case but it is surprising that Trey never touched the gun in a way that would leave evidence. Now you have to define what exactly is "reaching for my gun," What does that mean? That he looked at it? That he reached out for it but didnt grab it.....yet he was close enough to bash your head into the ground and break your nose?

It seems like he was kicking the shit out of you pretty easily....what stopped him from actually taking the gun away when your face down with your nose broken? Again its a case of...when it benefits Zimmy Trey seems to be the strongest 17 year old kid in the world...yet at the very instance when its life and death (getting beaten up isnt life or death) he all of a sudden cant reach a gun he is 20 inches from to the point that he leaves no DNA evidence whatsoever.

Just found out about this over on reddit. The Zimmerman White Knight Brigade there is falling all over themselves to try and denounce this new evidence.

#1453 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

Just found out about this over on reddit. The Zimmerman White Knight Brigade there is falling all over themselves to try and denounce this new evidence.

I'm confused. How is that something new? Wouldn't it be a news flash if they did find prints or something on the gun? How is it "breaking news" that they didn't find evidence? I never remember ever reading that it was stated he did touch Zimmerman's gun unless we're allowed to assume reaching for means he touched it.

#1454 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:05 AM

Zimmerman claims that he was on his back and getting his head pounded into the ground by Martin, when he reached for his gun. So, the prosecution's argument would be the lack of Martin's DNA anywhere on or near the gun (the holster) makes it unlikely that the two were engaged in a scuffle.

It's important to note, though, that many media outlets are skewing the report. It has not been ruled out that Martin's DNA is on the gun or the holster. Zimmerman's is the only DNA sample that could be positively identified.

#1455 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:03 AM

Zimmerman claims that he was on his back and getting his head pounded into the ground by Martin, when he reached for his gun. So, the prosecution's argument would be the lack of Martin's DNA anywhere on or near the gun (the holster) makes it unlikely that the two were engaged in a scuffle.

It's important to note, though, that many media outlets are skewing the report. It has not been ruled out that Martin's DNA is on the gun or the holster. Zimmerman's is the only DNA sample that could be positively identified.

JUST SAYIN' right? :roll:

#1456 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:40 AM

I'm confused. How is that something new? Wouldn't it be a news flash if they did find prints or something on the gun? How is it "breaking news" that they didn't find evidence? I never remember ever reading that it was stated he did touch Zimmerman's gun unless we're allowed to assume reaching for means he touched it.

Did you completely gloss over Soodmeg's post? He addressed your points pretty well.

#1457 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

Uhh yea so lets bring this story back.

Seems like there is no evidence at all that young Trey handled Zimmermans gun that night.

http://newsfeed.time...zimmermans-gun/

The first comment on that page brings something up that I never realized. How the hell would Trey reach for a gun he didnt know Zimmerman had until they apparently starting fighting?

Anyway, this doesnt really lead to any blockbuster crack in the case but it is surprising that Trey never touched the gun in a way that would leave evidence. Now you have to define what exactly is "reaching for my gun," What does that mean? That he looked at it? That he reached out for it but didnt grab it.....yet he was close enough to bash your head into the ground and break your nose?

It seems like he was kicking the shit out of you pretty easily....what stopped him from actually taking the gun away when your face down with your nose broken? Again its a case of...when it benefits Zimmy Trey seems to be the strongest 17 year old kid in the world...yet at the very instance when its life and death (getting beaten up isnt life or death) he all of a sudden cant reach a gun he is 20 inches from to the point that he leaves no DNA evidence whatsoever.

how would he knew he had a gun..simple when he was on the ground he would of felt it
WOOOO I STINK

#1458 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:08 PM

Can anyone attempt to explain to me my Zimmeran's lawyers wanna see, of all things Martin's school records? http://globalgrind.c...records-details

#1459 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:44 PM

As you can see, Mr. Martin got an F in Chemistry, therefore Mr. Zimmerman was well within his right to shoot him.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#1460 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

Quick update on the case: Judge rules that the defense can have access to Martin's school and social media records. On the flipside, the prosecution gets to request access to Zimmerman's medical records: http://usnews.nbcnew...ol-records?lite

#1461 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

What relevance might Zimmerman's medical records have?

I can see wanting Martin's school/social media stuffs, so they con try to portray him as a "violent thug" and what-have-you. It's an unethical defense, sure, but defense attorneys aren't paid to be ethical.

But - and perhaps I haven't been following this very closely - I'm not sure what the prosecution seeks to gain with Zimmerman's medical records. Are they looking for what treatment he received the night of the shooting (so as to compare medical records w/ his testimony)?
Posted Image

#1462 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

I can see wanting Martin's school/social media stuffs, so they con try to portray him as a "violent thug" and what-have-you. It's an unethical defense, sure, but defense attorneys aren't paid to be ethical.

But - and perhaps I haven't been following this very closely - I'm not sure what the prosecution seeks to gain with Zimmerman's medical records. Are they looking for what treatment he received the night of the shooting (so as to compare medical records w/ his testimony)?

I think they are going to try and make the point that he was chemically unstable and shouldn't have been allowed to posses a firearm.

And while I tend to agree it is kind of a moot point iin a criminal trial if he WAS legally allowed to; unless he lied somewhere along the way.

Edited by GBAstar, 20 October 2012 - 05:03 PM.

#1463 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

"mute point"
Posted Image

#1464 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

Could be to try and show his injuries don't support his claims of having his head slammed into the pavement, feeling his life was in danger etc. I guess.

#1465 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

"mute point"

yeah yeah... MOOT

#1466 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

I do believe there are reports awhile back that he was on prescription meds that had side effects like increased aggression and the like.

#1467 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

^ I'm not sure how that would play into the prosecution, I think. Thanks for bringing it up, though.

Could be to try and show his injuries don't support his claims of having his head slammed into the pavement, feeling his life was in danger etc. I guess.

yeah, that's the only thing i can think of.
Posted Image

#1468 chiwii

chiwii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

I do believe there are reports awhile back that he was on prescription meds that had side effects like increased aggression and the like.

I remember those reports about Zimmerman's prescription meds, too.

The defense is also getting access to the social media accounts of the friend that was on the phone with Trayvon that evening.

#1469 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Conservative co-worker told me yesterday that Martin's family did want Treyvon's school records released because it would "show how much of a hood he was". Sometimes I wish that saying stupid shit caused people physical pain. What kills me is that I have an uncle who is fairly conservative, big gun rights supporter, even he thought it was bullshit that Zimmerman shot Martin. Why can he see it when most of them can't?

#1470 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

Conservative co-worker told me yesterday that Martin's family did want Treyvon's school records released because it would "show how much of a hood he was". Sometimes I wish that saying stupid shit caused people physical pain. What kills me is that I have an uncle who is fairly conservative, big gun rights supporter, even he thought it was bullshit that Zimmerman shot Martin. Why can he see it when most of them can't?

The same reason that people never stop to think for a moment that Honey Boo Boo Child doesn't represent "white culture," yet will use the same breath to lambast "black culture" for crime rates, poverty, etc.

That reason? Systemic racism.
Posted Image