10290 replies to this topic

#271 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

http://www.systemreq...cyri/intro.aspx

^ has been very helpful for me.

Yes, but don't just take the pass/fail at face value, actually scroll through and see what failed and by how much. The only thing it failed me on (for Shogun 2) was video memory for my graphics card, saying that I only had 236 available, but it's an actual 256 meg card. It also says I only have 20 GB available, when I have 226GB free.

Awesome tool by the way. Thanks for the link.

#272 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

Already have Sonic and the Dreamcast collection, but the 48 classic games look appealing.

The gift card deals works for this right?

what is the GIFT CARD DEAL AND Does anyone think my old pc can run the 48 game back..

My pc specs

Amd Phenom 9500th quad core 2.20 ghz
ram 6 gb
WOOOO I STINK

#273 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

what is the GIFT CARD DEAL AND Does anyone think my old pc can run the 48 game back..

My pc specs

Amd Phenom 9500th quad core 2.20 ghz
ram 6 gb

Gift Card Deal is over; AmazonLocal was running a promotion where you could get a $10 GiftCard for $5 [happened yesterday, they sold out about 14 hours into it; one day thing only].

Yes, your computer can probably run the Genesis games. What's your GPU?

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#274 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

if I buy the Amalur DLC (Legend of Dead Kel) would the code work for the Steam version of KoA?

#275 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

some more specs

amd phenom x4 9500 quad core processor

6gb of memory

640 hard drive

nvidia geforce 6150 se graphics

vista 64 bit home
WOOOO I STINK

#276 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

if I buy the Amalur DLC (Legend of Dead Kel) would the code work for the Steam version of KoA?

The only version of KoA that works on Steam is the one purchased from Steam.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#277 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:05 PM

The only version of KoA that works on Steam is the one purchased from Steam.

And just to add to that, generally mixing EA Games on Steam with EA DLC not from Steam does not work and vice versa. In fact I think it's pretty much safe to assume anytime you see anything to do with EA that it will not work on Steam unless you buy it on Steam.

#278 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

Might as well remind folks that the Steam key that Amazon gives you for Renegade Ops activates both the core game and the DLC packs (Coldstrike and Reinforcements). Makes it a really good deal, since you're getting the core game for half off and the DLC for free. Of course, the PC version is known for having more jankiness than the console versions, and AFAIK, they haven't released a patch to fix some of the more commonly reported issues, so I guess that's the trade-off.

Edited by Cao Cao, 21 March 2012 - 10:27 PM.

#279 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

To give you guys an update on this, I'm currently working with multiple teams to make this a reality. What I'm pushing for is a note right next to "Rating" on the very top of the page that will have "DRM" next to it and list the applicable DRM, or "DRM Free".

To address your point directly UW_Shocks, there isn't a PERSON who draws the pages on Amazon.com, there is a series of about 20 programs that pull together different, pre-programmed elements, to create a page. So, what I have been doing, is working with the various teams to create a new element "DRM", define what properties can go in that field, add it to the system that records information for these fields, and get the tech that builds the pages to identify that value and place it where I want it on the page...that's why it takes so long, because each step in that process requires a few layers of approval, and then the time necessary for a human to do the work to those systems.

Sorry for the delay, but we ARE making progress :).

I was going to reply with a techie affirmation of this, but it seemed too long-winded. I'll just boil it down to: yes, this is accurate, and Tony's not bullshitting. Changes, however minor, take a lot of time on a system of that scale and complexity and the process it has to go through is complicated. It's no small feat to add.

It'll be awesome to have a clear indication on the page, and not having to tab to Google or Wikipedia to check will be nice. And this lessens the number of Steam/Origin questions, potentially.
Posted Image

#280 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

@TONY

Wo0t @ KOA:R - Dead Kel DLC being sold on Amazon DL.
I'm gonna have to keep my eyes on Amazon DL, if they gonna keep selling DLC to EA/Origin games!
Gonna be watching for the sales - whenever they might come!

Since you guys are selling an Origin-required game's DLC, Can you guys convince EA to allow you guys to sell ALL the DLC for Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2? :P
I'm missing A LOT of ME2 and DA2's DLC, since I don't wanna deal w/ BioWare Store b/c you have to turn your $ into [silly] BioWare Points.

Edited by MysterD, 21 March 2012 - 10:38 PM.

#281 houdinilogic

houdinilogic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

Wo0t @ KOA:R - Dead Kel DLC being sold on Amazon DL.
I'm gonna have to keep my eyes on Amazon DL, if they gonna keep selling DLC to EA/Origin games!

Since you guys are selling an Origin-required game's DLC, Can you guys convince EA to allow you guys to sell ALL the DLC for Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2? :P

think this is an issue with bioware, not EA. could be mistaken.

but yeah, DLC situation for bioware games on PC suuuucccccccccckkkkkkkkssssss. should have gotten a lot more bioware moondollars when they were 50% off last fall.
Posted Image

#282 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

but yeah, DLC situation for bioware games on PC suuuucccccccccckkkkkkkkssssss. should have gotten a lot more bioware moondollars when they were 50% off last fall.

It wouldn't be so bad, if I could order DLC via CC in real $ via BioWare Store.
I wanna buy in USD, not switch to an arbitrary BioWare-made-up currency system.

You'll have to keep me informed when those BioWare Store Points go on sale again...
Those RARELY go on sale.

#283 jazyje

jazyje

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

Shogun 2 shows as $30 on amazon.... What happened -- is the sale over???

#284 juanjava

juanjava

Eye in the sky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

http://www.systemreq...cyri/intro.aspx

^ has been very helpful for me.

Thanks for the link!

#285 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:17 AM

We had some crossed wires internally this will be re-priced to $7.49 in a few hours.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#286 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:52 AM

One of the hamsters died.

#287 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:03 AM

Probably, but then again EA does seem to like this sort DLC model too since the Sims store operates similarly with buying Simspoints in order to get DLC.

Amlur is a new IP for them so they probably don't want to push things until it becomes established but I'd bet that in the future in general more and more EA starts making people have to come directly to them for the DLC.

One of the hamsters died.

Hilarious! :lol:

#288 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

Thanks for the link!

No prob! :bouncy:

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#289 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:49 AM

Anybody remember what Might & Magic Clash of Heroes was selling for on Amazon when it was on sale about 6 weeks ago? I just don't have it in me to search though that old thread.

#290 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:51 AM

It wouldn't be so bad, if I could order DLC via CC in real $ via BioWare Store.
I wanna buy in USD, not switch to an arbitrary BioWare-made-up currency system.

You'll have to keep me informed when those BioWare Store Points go on sale again...
Those RARELY go on sale.

I think EA cards were on sale at GameStop and they can then be used to buy Bioware points

#291 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:54 AM

anybody remember what might & magic clash of heroes was selling for on amazon when it was on sale about 6 weeks ago? I just don't have it in me to search though that old thread.

$6.74

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#292 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:00 AM

$6.74

Thanks man. Somebody just gave me a 66% off Might & Magic: Clash Of Heroes steam coupon. I was curious to see if this was the cheapest that it's ever been with that coupon. It looks like it.

So unless Tony has some hints that he'd like to drop about an upcoming sale that might I want to wait for, I think that I'll use the coupon in a few days.

#293 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:46 AM

Thanks man. Somebody just gave me a 66% off Might & Magic: Clash Of Heroes steam coupon. I was curious to see if this was the cheapest that it's ever been with that coupon. It looks like it.

So unless Tony has some hints that he'd like to drop about an upcoming sale that might I want to wait for, I think that I'll use the coupon in a few days.

The coupons still work? I thought they expired in March? Also, I'm working on another CoH deal...confused on the coupon comment though.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#294 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

The coupons still work? I thought they expired in March? Also, I'm working on another CoH deal...confused on the coupon comment though.

Cheers,
Tony

STEAM has seemed to have had a boo-boo today, it randomly splurged UbiSoft coupons to people; people are assuming a glitch because some got 50 of the same coupon, with many still getting half a dozen of 1 coupon.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#295 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:16 AM

STEAM has seemed to have had a boo-boo today, it randomly splurged UbiSoft coupons to people; people are assuming a glitch because some got 50 of the same coupon, with many still getting half a dozen of 1 coupon.

Oh wow, I'm off to google.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#296 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:40 AM

expiration on the coupon for 50% off Assassin's Creed: Revelations is 04-01-2012

#297 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

Bumpdated with Shogun 2 addition to Deal of the Week. Prices should flip soon.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#298 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:26 AM

Anyone here play Battlefield Heroes? We recently started carrying Starter Packs for those games, and the math works out pretty well if you buy the $19.99 pack, which comes with 24K funds, the legionarre clothing set, and an exclusive grenade launcher skin.

Thoughts? If you guys aren't the audience for this, who do you think is on the internet?

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#299 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

Tony, is there a chance for Dragon Age Origins Ultimate price match ? it is $8.99 on Gamersgate and I have many friends that would like to buy from Amazon after all the good things I told them about :)

#300 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

Tony, is there a chance for Dragon Age Origins Ultimate price match ? it is $8.99 on Gamersgate and I have many friends that would like to buy from Amazon after all the good things I told them about :)

They don't price match international sites. They will steam, gamefly, impulse and I'd imagine best buy since they have dd