Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10290 replies to this topic

#3391 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:03 AM

Sweet, I would much rather have it from amazon. In my opinion gamersgate just looks kinda shady.

Take em down. make it 9.99 lol

Just an FYI GamersGate is far from shady...they're legit no need to worry about them.

#3392 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:08 AM

Just an FYI GamersGate is far from shady...they're legit no need to worry about them.

Yep Gamersgate is "very" legit with good deals

But not accepting credit cards and not having even near the amazing deals on Amazon made me ignore it for months now :D

#3393 IamRemnant

IamRemnant

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

Just haven't used them before. That's all. Thanks for correction.

#3394 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:40 AM

Gamersgate is in Stockholm, Sweden.
It is owned by Paradox Interactive.

#3395 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:45 AM

GamersGate, like GMG, is one of those sites that at first glance seems kind of shady/janky, but they're definitely legitimate and often have some decent deals.

Not that that really matters, as Amazon and Tony have gone insane on price matching, so you may never need to use either of those sites, anyway.

#3396 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:04 AM

GamersGate, like GMG, is one of those sites that at first glance seems kind of shady/janky, but they're definitely legitimate and often have some decent deals.

Not that that really matters, as Amazon and Tony have gone insane on price matching, so you may never need to use either of those sites, anyway.

Only problem often is some things Amazon DVG just doesn't carry.

For example, there are no Warner Bros games there - i.e. FEAR 3 and Bastion.

I wound-up buying FEAR 3 from GameFly for like $5 a few weeks back.
Also, bought Bastion: Soundtrack Edition around $7 months back from Gamersgate.

#3397 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:13 AM

The Max Payne 3 preorder DLC. I though this is probably beyond Tony's department, but it seems like the digital copy gets the classic characters pack AND the booster, but buying a hard copy of the game gets you just the booster but a $10 credit.

Am I right in reading that way? You ONLY get the classic chars with the digital copy?
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#3398 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:50 AM

Totally in for that Paradox bundle when it drops....great deal. Wanted to play Victoria II for awhile, already have Magicka, great deal on Crusader Kings, and will wait to see if SOTS2 finally ever gets fully patched.

#3399 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:38 AM

Totally in for that Paradox bundle when it drops....great deal. Wanted to play Victoria II for awhile, already have Magicka, great deal on Crusader Kings, and will wait to see if SOTS2 finally ever gets fully patched.

The amazon page says that Sword of the Stars II is Steam, so shouldn't be patched to the latest version automatically, or am I missing something?

If fact out of the 6 games only the original SotS and Victoria II don't specifically say whether they are Steam or not, so is there an issue with the original game?

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#3400 omnicious

omnicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:51 AM

Is Civ 5 Steam or DRM Free?

#3401 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:53 AM

Is Civ 5 Steam or DRM Free?

Civ 5 requires Steamworks PERIOD.

#3402 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:13 AM

The amazon page says that Sword of the Stars II is Steam, so shouldn't be patched to the latest version automatically, or am I missing something?

If fact out of the 6 games only the original SotS and Victoria II don't specifically say whether they are Steam or not, so is there an issue with the original game?

Missing something in that SWOTS 2 is sort of notoriously terrible/ released broken, like a good chunk of paradox titles. They've been patching it like crazy bit it's not really any good yet.

#3403 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:48 AM

Any plans on having Magicka on sale alone? Would get that bundle but I don't have time for the other items and I need a 2nd Magicka for the wife.

Thanks for all the awesome deals (love the DRM free stuff) and support!

#3404 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:03 AM

Missing something in that SWOTS 2 is sort of notoriously terrible/ released broken, like a good chunk of paradox titles. They've been patching it like crazy bit it's not really any good yet.

I've actually never heard of that particular series until this sale. I thought I was helpping out by noting the game should be up to date because it was Steam compliant. I was excited about the deal because of the Magika Games and Crusader Kings II. I mis-understood. Sorry.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#3405 omnicious

omnicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:33 AM

Anyone know how you can transfer game files from Amazon downloads to another PC? The PC I have at home has a slow connection so I would like to take advantage of the fast one my laptop has while at university.

#3406 golliiath

golliiath

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:33 AM

Picked up Arma 2 CO for the DayZ mod! Thanks.

#3407 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:24 AM

Anyone know how you can transfer game files from Amazon downloads to another PC? The PC I have at home has a slow connection so I would like to take advantage of the fast one my laptop has while at university.

You can transfer them anyway you can transfer any other file. You could burn them to DVD on your laptop and transfer, or transfer them to an external drive, or a flash drive. They download as regular files and can be treated as such.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#3408 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

This will be $12.99 on Sunday and Monday as well:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085CD7BE

Has anyone ever tried to activate a key in Steam for a game they already owned? I already have both Magicka and the DLC, so I'm wondering what would happen.

I'd love to get this key into my giftable inventory, but I'm not sure if that will work since the key wouldn't have been purchased through Steam.

#3409 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:11 AM

You can't turn keys into gift/inventory items -- what exactly would happen... I'm not sure but I wouldn't risk it.

#3410 madnessnewb

madnessnewb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

It would say "Product already owned"

#3411 igame

igame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:50 AM

I have tried keys on several games I already owned and on all except 1 time the key was not activated and that was only because the one key was slightly different as it added bonuses.

So as long as you own the exact game it should be fine to test out the key on.
igame

#3412 renhoelder

renhoelder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

Any plans on having Magicka on sale alone? Would get that bundle but I don't have time for the other items and I need a 2nd Magicka for the wife.

Maybe the titles are discounted individually too, but at a lower discount?

@Tony Maybe you can clarify if the titles included in the Paradox bundle can be bought individually at a discount too?

#3413 AmazingHulk

AmazingHulk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

Tony can we get discounts on Civ V dlc-s too?

#3414 deletion

deletion

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

any special mods for mirror's edge? i've got it for 360, debating if i should also get for pc. 4.99 is tempting.
-----
Hey CAGs, Swagbucks is your friend!
I get at least 5 Bucks in Amazon giftcards a week.
Doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Posted Image

#3415 Luckz

Luckz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:32 PM

for the last time ARMA 2 - Operation Arrowhead - and Combined Operations cannot be redeemed on Steam

That's pretty much a good thing too - the Steam version puts ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead into separate folders and comes with a few other extra annoyances like having to run Steam as admin once for both games to set up registry keys properly.

could it be possible for you to give us a steam key of Tropico Reloaded or Tropico trilogy? (for everyone who buys it, not as a gift xD )

Kalypso pretty much don't do Steam keys, they release their games on tons of services using that peculiar service's downloader in each case.

Has anyone ever tried to activate a key in Steam for a game they already owned? I already have both Magicka and the DLC, so I'm wondering what would happen.
I'd love to get this key into my giftable inventory, but I'm not sure if that will work since the key wouldn't have been purchased through Steam.

As the others said, you're not getting anything giftable from keys.
Some games have special promotions wherein you buy a bundle and get the things you already had as giftable copies, but that is only valid when specifically stated somewhere. Mostly for Valve games, I think some specific Dawn of War 2 compilations, the Two Tribes bundle of Rush/Toki Tori/EDGE and whatnot.
If the subscription associated with the key is more extensive than what you already have, you are essentially voiding the key's copies of the content you already have. So if you have the base Magicka game and one or two launch DLCs and activate this 'small' version of the Magicka Collection, you won't get extra copies of the base game or the DLC you already had.

any special mods for mirror's edge? i've got it for 360, debating if i should also get for pc. 4.99 is tempting.

It's a solid port, but there's nothing extra. Unless you want to play this still very pretty game again on your PC, there's no reason to buy it a second time. It's not like GTA4, which is a pretty bad port but has a ton of mods for it on the PC.

Edited by Luckz, 24 May 2012 - 01:52 PM.

#3416 thesn00ze

thesn00ze

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

Has anyone run into this problem with an activation of 'ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead "The SERIAL was not found in the database. Most likely the SERIAL has been entered incorrectly." ? Thanks

#3417 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

There are mods but I have no tried any of them yet and I don't even know how many are.

#3418 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

That's pretty much a good thing too - the Steam version puts ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead into separate folders and comes with a few other extra annoyances like having to run Steam as admin once for both games to set up registry keys properly.

Agreed.

I have it on Steam and to get DayZ to run I have to launch Steam as admin every time - the game works without privileges otherwise but the mod gives me errors (still loads but won't connect).

#3419 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:15 PM

Agreed.

I have it on Steam and to get DayZ to run I have to launch Steam as admin every time - the game works without privileges otherwise but the mod gives me errors (still loads but won't connect).

Also whenever ArmA2 gets patched, Steam had to download the whole game everytime instead of just the updated files. I'm not sure if this has been fixed with Steam's recent patching system update.

I wish Amazon would get the PMC and British Armed Forces (Reinforcements) mini-expansions onto the DD store too.
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#3420 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

The Max Payne 3 preorder DLC. I though this is probably beyond Tony's department, but it seems like the digital copy gets the classic characters pack AND the booster, but buying a hard copy of the game gets you just the booster but a $10 credit.

Am I right in reading that way? You ONLY get the classic chars with the digital copy?

I'm unsure about the offer on the physical pre-order, I can check though.

Maybe the titles are discounted individually too, but at a lower discount?

@Tony Maybe you can clarify if the titles included in the Paradox bundle can be bought individually at a discount too?

Hey there,

Glad you're digging the deals. We aren't promoting Magicka individually during this sale, just in the bundle.

Tony can we get discounts on Civ V dlc-s too?

DLC isn't in the lineup for this particular promotion.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts