• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:43 AM

Vietnam is in the challenge section.

#3962 IamRemnant

IamRemnant

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:44 AM

Tony, if at all possible, PLEASE make a steam version of Crysis : Maximum Edition. I can't justify buying games if they aren't on steam. I'm sick in the head like that.

#3963 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:54 AM

Tony, if at all possible, PLEASE make a steam version of Crysis : Maximum Edition. I can't justify buying games if they aren't on steam. I'm sick in the head like that.

That has about a slim to none chance of happening, only way to get it on steam, is by buying it on steam.

#3964 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:56 AM

I haven't messed around with AP or Crossworlds yet but I did spend a good bit of time a while back on The Legend. The bad thing about that game (and it's probably the same for the sequels, which is probably one reason why I haven't mustered the energy to jump into them) is that you can get pretty far in, lose a couple of battles against creeps and find yourself too cash- and army-poor to advance any farther.

I haven't run into that problem at all. For one, there's a ridiculous amount of gold just sitting around waiting to be picked up if you scout around a bit. I've never run low on money and I'm fairly far in; I've always got at least 30,000g or so sitting in my treasury, and when I see a piece of equipment I want, I buy it every time.

Either way, you can save anytime, so just save before battles and you'll never get your entire platoon wiped out. Don't fight anything over "slightly stronger" unless you've got wicked spells and you'll never run into that problem.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#3965 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:09 AM

Also, any King's Bounty fans know of any good modding communities? I don't know about the Legend, but Crossworlds/Armored Princess came with a program specifically for making your own locales, scenarios, etc. Someone could easily make their own full mods with this; there has to be a good community/database for user made mods!

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#3966 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:09 AM

What is the deal with this thread, every page it gets to a point where there's a link to the next page that only redirects back to the current page. Never seen that before on CAG but it's happening consistently in this thread.

#3967 renhoelder

renhoelder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

What is the deal with this thread, every page it gets to a point where there's a link to the next page that only redirects back to the current page. Never seen that before on CAG but it's happening consistently in this thread.

It has been mentioned before, something to do with deleted posts, if I'm not wrong.

#3968 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:32 AM

That's strange, usually in my experience that would result in the new page disappearing instead of a ghost page lingering. Maybe I'm wrong, just don't recall seeing this before. It only bugs me cause I think I'm on the new page and end up reading half of the page over again before I realize it's the same page!

#3969 renhoelder

renhoelder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:37 AM

GameStop is having Rayman Origins on sale. Do the hamsters feel like running?

#3970 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

*Waits for future Metro/Darksiders pack.

I'd get that, been waiting for metro to go below $5 since it was that price on sales since last December

#3971 renhoelder

renhoelder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:46 AM

I'd get that, been waiting for metro to go below $5 since it was that price on sales since last December

It has been, twice at least and it has sales around that price pretty often everywhere, doesn't really matter where you buy it, since it's a Steamworks game.

#3972 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

I feel like it's that cheap so often because it's so damn hard to run at acceptable specs on anything but extremely high end machines.

bZ2g3eF.png

#3973 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

It has been, twice at least and it has sales around that price pretty often everywhere, doesn't really matter where you buy it, since it's a Steamworks game.

Ive never seen it below $4.99, got a source or something?

#3974 Luckz

Luckz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:40 AM

got one also. what type of additions does the ME have?

Multiplayer-only things for the MP that didn't even work at release and by now is deader than dead. Another attempt at cloning CoD by EA.

Steam will actually let you turn off updates for individual games. The option is under the "updates" tab in the game properties window. That won't help you if you need to reinstall an older version of course.

That won't actually let you play those old versions, it will just save bandwidth until you try. Even Steam's offline mode is a bad joke, trust me on that. Only allows you to play games that were properly patched at the point you went into offline mode. And it periodically phones home online to check if you're still a legit user and all. IIRC after 30 days you're forced to phone home, can't use Steam/play games anymore otherwise.

It's a common bug on another forum I frequent, not seen it here though. Same forum software :).

Metro and Darksiders have respectively been $5 all over the interweb a bazillion times. Cheapest for Metro I recall was 2.5€ = $3.7 back then, IIRC.

#3975 renhoelder

renhoelder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:53 AM

IsThereAnyDeal.com > Metro 2033> About> Price Statistics

#3976 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

Waiting for something to be reduced below 75 percent seems like it would be a pretty frustrating affair.

#3977 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:27 AM

IsThereAnyDeal.com > Metro 2033> About> Price Statistics

did you even look at it? never goes below 4.99

#3978 renhoelder

renhoelder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

did you even look at it? never goes below 4.99

Yes, I was referring to it being on sale under $5 since december, which it has been. Granted it hasn't been below 4.99 on amazon, but it has been elsewhere, again, doesn't matter where you buy it from. And if $4.99 is too high of an asking price, for both Metro and Darksiders, then maybe you're bit too stingy, eh?

#3979 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

Oh, it's tied to my Amazon account...I see.
Well, that explains why there's no code there.

I'll just have to wait and see what happens w/ Crysis 2: Max's price.
Hopefully, C2: Max hits $20 on sale before July 1st - which I highly doubt. :P
That way, when I use the code, it's FREE! :P

I'm not spending $20 on this game just for *THAT* kind of DLC.

It expires on June 12th (the first date mentioned in the email). The July 1st was a mistake, Tony said. :(

#3980 Kamakazi010654

Kamakazi010654

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

Waiting for something to be reduced below 75 percent seems like it would be a pretty frustrating affair.

Most digital games seem to hit 75% off several times throughout the year if you look in the right places. However a 75% 6 months after release is generally more expensive than a 75% off 1.5 years after release since the base price changes.

Basically, if you get far enough behind in your gaming waiting that long is the norm and you save quite a bit of money.
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#3981 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

I think maybe you should of rephrased this by saying you've been waiting for it to go less than $4.99.

Because technically $4.99 is below $5 but it seems you want lower than that. I really don't see it going lower than 75% anytime soon. Maybe 80%, but that would still be $4. A double pack I could see being $7.49 at absolute best so maybe your expectations are just a little out of sync.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3982 rman

rman

We Are Our Own Wicked Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

How's the controls for those 2k12 sport games? I got Fifa 12 a while back and man were those controls a mess.

With the xbox 360 controller...excellent. Remember to turn on locked for fielding, it's cuts down on some of the wonky animations.

#3983 ev768

ev768

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

That's strange, usually in my experience that would result in the new page disappearing instead of a ghost page lingering. Maybe I'm wrong, just don't recall seeing this before. It only bugs me cause I think I'm on the new page and end up reading half of the page over again before I realize it's the same page!

It's because the deleted posts are still visible to moderators.

#3984 renhoelder

renhoelder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

I think maybe you should of rephrased this by saying you've been waiting for it to go less than $4.99.

Because technically $4.99 is below $5 but it seems you want lower than that. I really don't see it going lower than 75% anytime soon. Maybe 80%, but that would still be $4. A double pack I could see being $7.49 at absolute best so maybe your expectations are just a little out of sync.

The lowest, I believe, was 2,49€ (on Steam and Gamersgate) which is about $3,2, under that haven't seen and I don't think it'll be cheaper without some kind of glitch or coupon, who knows. But with THQ in financial trouble these games should be on sale fairly often.

Back to the amazon deals.

@Tony are the hamsters up for a jog to PM Rayman Originis? I already asked, but I'd really like to know ;)

#3985 Kamakazi010654

Kamakazi010654

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

It seems that by a large, unless you are prepared to wait years (3-4) "Big" games, or games with high production values and well received in general (basically everything this side of Duke Nukem Forever) don't see a lot of sales below $5. Mostly see games like this hitting a $20 base price on Steam and getting 75% off sales sometimes. It is very rare for them to go below that. Amazon seems to be very similar in their pricing.
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#3986 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

The lowest, I believe, was 2,49€ (on Steam and Gamersgate) which is about $3,2, under that haven't seen and I don't think it'll be cheaper without some kind of glitch or coupon, who knows. But with THQ in financial trouble these games should be on sale fairly often.

Back to the amazon deals.

@Tony are the hamsters up for a jog to PM Rayman Originis? I already asked, but I'd really like to know ;)

Sorry for the delayed response here :(. We don't have plans to match Rayman Origins at this time.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#3987 renhoelder

renhoelder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

Sorry for the delayed response here :(. We don't have plans to match Rayman Origins at this time.

Cheers,
Tony

No problem, are there any plans on including this in a deal in the near future or is it more publisher dependent?

#3988 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

I feel like it's that cheap so often because it's so damn hard to run at acceptable specs on anything but extremely high end machines.

I had it running with high settings on my old system which was a GTX 560 Ti and an old Core 2 Duo CPU. Not too high end. I was probably getting under 60fps but I recall it being pretty smooth. I only played for 15 minutes tho.

#3989 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

Most digital games seem to hit 75% off several times throughout the year if you look in the right places. However a 75% 6 months after release is generally more expensive than a 75% off 1.5 years after release since the base price changes.

Basically, if you get far enough behind in your gaming waiting that long is the norm and you save quite a bit of money.

For those of us with huge backlogs, it's not very hard to get "far enough behind in your gaming" to "save quite a bit of money." ;)

#3990 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

I suggested a Metro/Darksiders combo pack because they both have been on sale at 4.99 around a dozen times each and may have exhausted that price point. Modern big release games do seem to hold their value for a time and sales hover around $5.

I honestly thought Bioshock would never drop below that. With its combo pack success selling in the top 3 for a couple weeks and an instant buy for me maybe M/D would have similar success. $7.49 would be great.