Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10290 replies to this topic

#1081 tjs09

tjs09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

We'll be doing a "buy more get more sale" where you will get the same amount you spend on any of the sports games back to buy another sports game. Here's the lineup:

Fifa Manager 11
Tiger Woods 12
Fifa Manager 12
Fifa Soccer 12

Has anyone tried FIFA Manager? I've put plenty of time into Sega's Football Manager and I was wondering it EA's versions were any good

#1082 pinkgun

pinkgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

We'll be doing a "buy more get more sale" where you will get the same amount you spend on any of the sports games back to buy another sports game. Here's the lineup:

$5 titles (plus you'll get $5 back to spend on any EA Sports game in the sale):

Madden '08
Tiger Woods '08
Fifa Manager 11
Fifa Soccer 09
Fifa Soccer 10
NHL 09

Cheers,
Tony

Just wanna make sure, does that mean if I spend 5 dollars, i will get

Madden '08
Tiger Woods '08
Fifa Manager 11
Fifa Soccer 09
Fifa Soccer 10
NHL 09

all of them?

#1083 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

Did anyone here have trouble running L.A. Noire from Amazon DD? I'm looking at the Amazon reviews.

#1084 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

Just wanna make sure, does that mean if I spend 5 dollars, i will get

Madden '08
Tiger Woods '08
Fifa Manager 11
Fifa Soccer 09
Fifa Soccer 10
NHL 09

all of them?

The way I read it, if you spend $5, you get $5 to get ONE of those titles for free; kind of like BOGO

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#1085 pinkgun

pinkgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

The way I read it, if you spend $5, you get $5 to get ONE of those titles for free; kind of like BOGO

O that's make sense, you are right, I misunderstand it, thanks ;)

#1086 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

Just an FYI Tony, its actually Xpand Rally Xtreme thats on sale for $3.99. Xpand Rally for some reason is out of stock, as a DD, on both Amazon and Steam. XRX is technically newer and still a great value, but I was personally hoping to finally find a copy of the original to use on my netbook.

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#1087 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

O that's make sense, you are right, I misunderstand it, thanks ;)

However, unlike the previous BOGO deal, Tony said you can use the $5 towards a more expensive EA Sports title if you wish.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#1088 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

Did anyone here have trouble running L.A. Noire from Amazon DD? I'm looking at the Amazon reviews.

If anyone has some experience with the PC version, I, too, would like to hear how good/bad it plays.

I don't mind if it stutters from time to time, but I do care that it works and is playable. I have enough experience with horrible console-to-PC ports as it is, and I am well aware of Rockstar's reputation on the matter. The more info, the better.

#1089 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

Just a heads-up for anyone interested in a the Mount and Blade collection. You can grab it from Nuuvem for $5.58 (after exchange), and it activates on Steam.

Sorry to steal your Thunder Tony...hah
[URL="http://raptr.com/Blut_Teufel?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#1090 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

Just a heads-up for anyone interested in a the Mount and Blade collection. You can grab it from Nuuvem for $5.58 (after exchange), and it activates on Steam.

Have you actually tried buying from there? First of all they are in Brazil and in all likelihood not legally allowed to sell to the US. Even if you could manage to navigate through the Portugese with Google translate and it let you buy the game with a US address (it doesn't) you might end up with something that you can't play in your region.

Not worth it as far as I am concerned.

#1091 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

Have you actually tried buying from there? First of all they are in Brazil and in all likelihood not legally allowed to sell to the US. Even if you could manage to navigate through the Portugese with Google translate and it let you buy the game with a US address (it doesn't) you might end up with something that you can't play in your region.

Took 5 seconds, I'm actually going through the M and B tutorial now. Bought fine with paypal with a US address. No need to translate either, just use common sense...

#1092 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

Took 5 seconds, I'm actually going through the M and B tutorial now. Bought fine with paypal with a US address. No need to translate either, just use common sense...

Well I guess I don't have enough 'common sense' :roll: It kept dumping the item out of my cart when I tried to go through Paypal and when I tried the credit card route it wouldn't run it through with a US address.

At any rate, it's pretty douchey to come in someone else's thread and talk about some other store in a different region that they obviously can't match. It's also grey area and don't be shocked if you buy from them one day and it doesn't work because you aren't in the right region. I guess if the game is region free then Valve technically won't find out but you still aren't supposed to be doing it and people have gotten kicked off or had their games removed for doing similar stuff. Not worth the risk to me.

#1093 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

I've been buying from Nuuvem as well, bought Crusader Kinds Collection for like 2.80 using paypal. This is the third thing I've bought from them, including Mount & Blade in the past.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#1094 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

I was considering HAWX, but Im just looking for an arcadey fighter game. Im not really attached to modern era and would consider historical ones as well. Can anyone make any recommendations? Im looking to pay below $10.

"I was perfect....

#1095 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

Well I guess I don't have enough 'common sense' :roll: It kept dumping the item out of my cart when I tried to go through Paypal and when I tried the credit card route it wouldn't run it through with a US address.

At any rate, it's pretty douchey to come in someone else's thread and talk about some other store in a different region that they obviously can't match. It's also grey area and don't be shocked if you buy from them one day and it doesn't work because you aren't in the right region. I guess if the game is region free then Valve technically won't find out but you still aren't supposed to be doing it and people have gotten kicked off or had their games removed for doing similar stuff. Not worth the risk to me.

All I know is I clicked the add to cart button, and chose paypal, and that was that.

Yes, "douchey" for trying to help people who wanted Mount and Blade on Steam in this thread, and who were disappointed when the Amazon listing was in error. Gamersgate and Getgames (among others) are also non US based stores, but I'm sure not the only one who uses those sites as well.

Last time I try to help, lol

#1096 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

Checked out the trailer for this one and bought it. It is basically a shmup in the water. You have a pirate ship and have to defend your treasure from other pirate ship in waves then there is a boss at the end of the level. I have only played the first level because I am trying to play in small doses so it will not be too quick.

Here is a trailer:

Thanks for that, on quick glance I thought it was Tower Defense, but honestly the shmup aspect is more appealing, for a buck I think I'll take the plunge too.

Thanks for the advice

Ended up buying Sherlock Holmes and Woody Two-Legs based on your recommendations.

Good to know, I think you'll enjoy the Sherlock game. Hope Woody being a schmup won't take away from the fun.

I'm kind of interested in looking at some of the casual stuff myself but I honestly don't know where to start since there is so much of it.

Are there forums where people hang out and discuss more casual games? The only one I can think of off hand are the Big Fish forums and it would probably not be a good idea to go there talking about Amazon deals. :razz:

What kind of games do you like? Are into any puzzlers or Hidden Object? I'll be honest, the selection from Amazon is not as great as Big Fish or even physical media (I notice amazon will carry the PC Disc version of a ton of casual games it does not offer digitally) but there are some gems to be found depending on what you like.

I usually go through the casual game list and click on the ones that sound interesting and read the reviews. They are usually pretty on point as they are usually written by avid casual gamers who explain the game well. Like right now I am thinking about Pickers, it's a Hidden Object Game with a twist of haggling and bargaining and I like the show American Pickers, plus it has good reviews.

I was considering HAWX, but Im just looking for an arcadey fighter game. Im not really attached to modern era and would consider historical ones as well. Can anyone make any recommendations? Im looking to pay below $10.

Rise of Flight is on sale and it looks to have great reviews, but I haven't played it myself and from the description/reviews it seems like a full on Flight Sim and probably not as arcadey as you want.

Not sure how arcadey you are going. I loved the Snoopy vs. Red Baron game, but it is over $10 and not sold as a Digital Download.

Edited by CheapLikeAFox, 06 April 2012 - 10:19 PM.

#1097 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

Any chance Gray Matter will become part of the sale? DD price is always higher than the physical for some reason. I'd love to try this game especially considering the Kickstarter Jane Jensen's got going to potentially make a sequel

#1098 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

Any chance Gray Matter will become part of the sale? DD price is always higher than the physical for some reason. I'd love to try this game especially considering the Kickstarter Jane Jensen's got going to potentially make a sequel

I second interest in Gray Matter and add Black Mirror 2 and 3 into the mix.

#1099 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

I've been buying from Nuuvem as well, bought Crusader Kinds Collection for like 2.80 using paypal. This is the third thing I've bought from them, including Mount & Blade in the past.

All I know is I clicked the add to cart button, and chose paypal, and that was that.

Yes, "douchey" for trying to help people who wanted Mount and Blade on Steam in this thread, and who were disappointed when the Amazon listing was in error. Gamersgate and Getgames (among others) are also non US based stores, but I'm sure not the only one who uses those sites as well.

Last time I try to help, lol

No worries on posting other stuff in here from my point of view. That verbiage "Steam account required" is still on the page and I've been buried getting ready to launch the digital version of Tera for pre-order this weekend.

Sorry for the delay on Mount and Blade, I just repinged the team fixing it to see what's up.

Let me look into it :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1100 Chariblaze

Chariblaze

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

I bought Big Rig Europe and am considering Bus Driver as both of those to me are casual brainless games, but I have to admit the controls on the big rig game are very very loose and not as realistic as I was hoping for.

Do tell if Bus Driver seems to be worth the money. I like slow driving that requires one to follow the rules of the road.

#1101 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

@Tony

GameStop has Venetica PC retail box for $5.
I'm not asking for price-match b/c I know you don't match retail box deals...

But, do you guys carry this Venetica PC game at Amazon DVG downloads?
I can't seem to find you guys at ADVG having this...

Edited by MysterD, 06 April 2012 - 10:57 PM.

#1102 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

Do tell if Bus Driver seems to be worth the money. I like slow driving that requires one to follow the rules of the road.

lol... I literally just gave in and played the first tier of jobs on Bus Driver. My thoughts were that I enjoyed the game for what it was. It's a very simple game, no mouse controls. Use WASD for forward, left right, braking. Use enter to open and close your bus door at the stops, F to turn on flashers, H to run your horn. I and J are supposed to be your blinkers but they never worked for me so I kept getting a penalty for changing lanes without blinkers. The driving was itself passable, but not tight or realistic like the more polished racing/driving games. Like Big Rig I felt them to be loose, but with most driving games I usually find myself to be able to adapt to whatever physics or lack thereof are in the game.

You drive from stop to stop, get points for obeying the rules, meaning using turn signals, stopping on read, going on green. Have not seen any speeding rules, but the bus doesn't get up too fast and when you do you crash pretty easily so there are penalties for crashing, for leaving the stop before picking up all passengers, for braking hard and upsetting passengers. You also get bonus if you drive smoothly for a mile and keep the passengers happy.

There is rain that makes it harder to see and snow which caused me to spin out of control and crash with a ton of penalty.

The hardest part for me is being able to brake smoothly, have not mastered that.

So if you can get over the lack of polished physics/driving controls you might enjoy it.

They offer a free 30 minute demo on their site: http://www.busdriver...om/download.php

So you can test it out beforehand to be sure.

#1103 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

It got to the extracting stage and then said the file was corrupt. We didn't try re-downloading it on the same machine. His ISP is Time Warner, I think.

Trying to download it again now at home, on Verizon. I'll let you know tomorrow evening if it worked or not.

Thanks for the help!

The download worked just fine for me, it's installing now. Weird. Thanks anyway!
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#1104 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

I was looking at Wings of Prey but I saw it was about 12GB. What happens if my download is interrupted? Does it resume or startover?

"I was perfect....

#1105 Hop25

Hop25

The Repo Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

If anyone has some experience with the PC version, I, too, would like to hear how good/bad it plays.

I don't mind if it stutters from time to time, but I do care that it works and is playable. I have enough experience with horrible console-to-PC ports as it is, and I am well aware of Rockstar's reputation on the matter. The more info, the better.

I've played about 3 hours or so of it on PC and it has run flawlessly for me with everything on max except shadows at 1920x1080.

Specs: i5-2500k@stock speeds, 8GB of RAM, and an ATi 5770

Terribly old GPU, I know, been putting a lot of research into what GPU I want before I pull the trigger.

Game is pretty sweet IMO. Definitely worth the 5 bucks.

#1106 Toy Trades!

Toy Trades!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:25 AM

was finally able to get LA Noire to run, but at 800x600 on my radeon 4350, just like gta 4. after researching on the internets, i found out my comodo firewall needed to be uninstalled for the game to work. at first it didn't start at all and then it wouldn't even patch and freeze up so i uninstalled la noire and comodo and now it works...ugh, finally. by the way, i'm downloading my other games fine now without a "connection lost" error. phew

50+ Toys for Trade! Game/Hot Wheels/WWE/Minimates/Marvel/DC/NECA/Funko/McFarlane/Sanrio/GI Joe/Comics+more!http://www.cheapassg...more-for-trade/

#1107 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:29 AM

Well I just tried Crysis 2 and it's beautiful, much better than on the 360 especially with the DX11 and high res texture patches.

However, there is a bug that there is no solution for and it hit me - I cannot play multiplayer because the game will not recognize my EA/myCrysis.com login. There are tons of threads there from other people having this problem but there is no fix from EA/Crytek. There is a suggestion under the EA help but it's old/outdated and didn't work for me.

Anyway, I didn't think mulitplyaer was that good so I don't really care but a heads to those who haven't played it before and wanted to try it out - it might not work.

EDIT: Also started downloading GTA IV again and download speeds seem to have improved.

#1108 Nathrak

Nathrak

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:52 AM

Anyone know if Silverfall download uses Tages drm stuff? Looks like the disk version and even demo do but can't see anything about this download version. Looked like an amusing hack n slash for $2 even without any working multiplayer but I can't support anything that uses Tages after previous experience.

#1109 diphu

diphu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:35 AM

Anyone know if Silverfall download uses Tages drm stuff? Looks like the disk version and even demo do but can't see anything about this download version. Looked like an amusing hack n slash for $2 even without any working multiplayer but I can't support anything that uses Tages after previous experience.

I've got the exact same question!

#1110 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

@Tony Thanks for checking on Gray Matter