Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10290 replies to this topic

#1141 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

After two days of downloading, I can't install MLB2k12 because of a corrupt .cab file

After calling Amazon CS they gave me three options

• Trash it and start over :hot:
  • Get a refund :cry:
  • Contact Take-Two :drool:

:( I have no idea what would cause that. I also don't know what you could do to fix it either, given that you already have the binaries. I hate to tell you to re-download it but that sounds like it might be your only option :(.

Sorry man, I wish I had a better answer for you.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1142 Barkwhip

Barkwhip

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

Apologies if this has been asked already, but does anyone know if Avadon: The Black Fortress activates on steam?

#1143 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

So does the $5 LA Noire have the extra cases or is it vanilla copy? Also will the PC version work w/ XBox controller?

#1144 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

Also does Metro 2033 work w/controller?

#1145 kennyb324

kennyb324

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

yes, Metro 2033 works with a controller

(i just plugged in my xbox controller and it worked perfectly without messing with any settings)

#1146 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

Also does Metro 2033 work w/controller?

google is your friend ...

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1536329

#1147 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

Apologies if this has been asked already, but does anyone know if Avadon: The Black Fortress activates on steam?

I doubt it, unless they changed it recently. I ordered it in December and didn't get a key.

Workin on it

#1148 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

google is your friend ...

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1536329

On IPhone, can't research, sorry.

#1149 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

NO.
Amazon DVG's version of Avadon: The Black Fortress is DRM-FREE, actually.
It doesn't come w/ a key or anything.
Speaking from experience here.

#1150 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

I tried it awhile back. It seems like a decent euro-action adventure game. pretty polished for a budget title. Would be nice if someone carried it digitally.

I got my copy of Venetica PC (DVD-ROM Retail Box) from GameStop. :D

There's actually NO DRM on it. :D
It doesn't need to be in drive to boot/run the game.
There was no online activation, disc check, or anything.
Just needed it for install.

Yeah, would be cool if ADVG had copies of it - in case people missed out on it.
Especially since many retail and digital places ain't selling it, either.
I wonder if digital version wound up somewhere in publishing Hell - i.e. kind of like what happened w/ Sacred 2: Ice & Blood expansion.

#1151 waterboy100

waterboy100

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

Hey Tony. I bought Airport Mania for some good mindless fun and i keep getting an error that says "AirportMania.RWG has stopped working"

I've re-downloaded the game, re-installed the game, rebooted, everything i can think of.

Do you know what the deal with this is?

Airport Mania 2 works fine.

Thanks

#1152 Hop25

Hop25

The Repo Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

So does the $5 LA Noire have the extra cases or is it vanilla copy? Also will the PC version work w/ XBox controller?

It is a vanilla copy and the 360 controller works fine with it. I've read in multiple places that the DLC isn't worth it.

#1153 TheArmoredVirus

TheArmoredVirus

Totally Kuhwhyee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

This is accurate UW_Shocks, these games are anywhere from 70-85% off.

Hey you're welcome man, what is the CRPG mod?

Working on it :).
Cheers,
Tony

100v100 rpg mod for warband. you create a character who gets persistent stats, abilities and weapons.

white_trash_headache.png

3e5bhcz.png

#1154 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

Id Darkness II worth it? Not as price but wait the time and bandwidth? I guess my question is: is it fun?

#1155 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

It is a vanilla copy and the 360 controller works fine with it. I've read in multiple places that the DLC isn't worth it.

Ooooooh, shoite! I thought that Rockstar only released the "Complete Edition" for PC users. (After all, that was the only version advertised when it was announced and launched. [Source])

I was on the fence before, but now I'm bailing.

#1156 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

Ooooooh, shoite! I thought that Rockstar only released the "Complete Edition" for PC users. (After all, that was the only version advertised when it was announced and launched. [Source])

@EliotAndrews

At Retail stores, I think LA Noire Complete was only version released.

On Steam and other digital sites (i.e Gamefly, Gamersgate, GameStop PC App, Amazon DVG) , you can buy:
LA Noire [base game];
LA Noire: DLC Bundle separately;
and/or LA Noire: Complete [LA Noire base game + DLC bundle].

EDIT:
Post edited b/c I thought DLC bundle wasn't sold by ADVG, but it actually is. It's on the LA Noire PC download page.

#1157 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

If I pick up Shift 2 will I be able to access the DLC?

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#1158 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:47 AM

I'm still showing the "Steam required for activation" messaging on the product page. I've re-escalated the ticket to see why this won't come off the page. I originally thought the ETA was this morning at the latest so I'm hesitant to toss out another time.

Sorry again on this, I'll let you know as soon as we have resolution.

Cheers,
Tony

I'm dying over here Tony. :)

#1159 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:49 AM

The DLC cases are not worth making a fuss over. The base game is well worth the $5 and the DLC cases are some of the weakest cases in the game. They really add nothing to the game at all IMHO.

#1160 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:54 AM

I'm dying over here Tony. :)

Did you shy away from buying the collection? Tony reduced the price of all three games from 14.99 to 8.99 and you get all three according to the product page.

#1161 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:18 AM

Did you shy away from buying the collection? Tony reduced the price of all three games from 14.99 to 8.99 and you get all three according to the product page.

I did not notice that and no, I already bought Mount and Blade 1 from the sale. I was gonna skip the 3rd one since every review says it is horrible. If I could return MB1 I'd buy the collection otherwise I'll just way for warband to come back I guess.

#1162 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

Only reason to buy Mount & Blade vanilla in addition to Warband is that there are a few really good mods that were never developed for Warband. Otherwise Warband is the exact same game with several technical improvements and an additional faction. Fire & Sword is pretty mediocre. It's basically a fan mod trumped up by the M&B developers -- firearms are pretty awkward in terms of balance.

#1163 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:29 AM

I did not notice that and no, I already bought Mount and Blade 1 from the sale. I was gonna skip the 3rd one since every review says it is horrible. If I could return MB1 I'd buy the collection otherwise I'll just way for warband to come back I guess.

Maybe you could try Customer Service? I don't know if they could help, but I wonder if you explained the situation they might refund you so you can buy the bundle or give you a credit discount on the bundle? Worth a try.

#1164 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

Dragon Age: Origins + All DLC
Dragon Age: Awakening
Dragon Age II
The Saboteur
Darksiders
Metro 2033

All for $25? Done and done. Thank you so much! I use Amazon all the time but have never used PCDD before. I will be a repeat customer, that's for sure. (And kudos on the amazing community interaction!)

I'm holding out on bundles for Serious Sam and Red Faction, though.

#1165 d33jays

d33jays

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:16 AM

Tony / Fellow CAGs,

Did you guys received any reports of issues regarding the DLC from the Dragon Age Pack? I DL'd it from Origin, installed and ran the game without any problems. However, all of the DLC that came with the is reflecting as Unauthorized and I'm unable to use them. I'm currently logged-in using my Origin credentials In-game and still it asking me to log-in as the user who purchased the content. I tried the Origin Live Chat and they weren't able to help.

I uninstalled the game and currently DL'ing it directly from Amazon. I'll see if it works this way. But I just want to check if you heard of issues about this. Thanks!

#1166 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:29 AM

Did you register the DLC keys on Bioware's site? (Use your Origin account info there too I believe)

#1167 d33jays

d33jays

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

Did you register the DLC keys on Bioware's site? (Use your Origin account info there too I believe)

Thanks for the reply! ... I registered the DLC keys in the Bioware site as well but it still didn't work. I'm reading more about it in the Bioware Social site. Support suggested DL'ing the actual file for the DLC from there. I'll try that too.

#1168 Rebelphoenix

Rebelphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

I would have jumped at LA Noire, but it's not the complete edition, doesn't activate on steam, and the amazon version of the download apparently doesn't work.

#1169 ginjaninja88

ginjaninja88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

If I pick up Shift 2 will I be able to access the DLC?

If you activate your copy with origin you can get both DLCs for free from the store.

Thanks to Tony and all the team at Amazon for providing us CAGs with excellent deals!!

All together now "For hes a jolly good fellow.."
Posted Image

#1170 Hop25

Hop25

The Repo Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

I would have jumped at LA Noire, but it's not the complete edition, doesn't activate on steam, and the amazon version of the download apparently doesn't work.

I read the reviews on Amazon about all the complaints about the game not working properly or corrupt downloads. I bought it on day one of the sale and had zero problems with downloading or installing. I'm about five hours into the game and haven't had a single issue with the game.

Plenty of people on various sites say that the DLC is very weak.

Doesn't activate on Steam? Yeah, that kinda sucks but, 'Add a Non-Steam game' and it's at least in your library after installing. There is in-game patches that automatically download without issue and Rockstar social club to get your jollies off for achievements.

Well worth the five bucks.