Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10290 replies to this topic

#1711 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

I just wanted to update everyone on here and say that after some emailing Tony got my Dragon Age code working. Glad to have this behind us, and I look forward to wasting more money at Amazon. :lol:

#1712 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

I just wanted to update everyone on here and say that after some emailing Tony got my Dragon Age code working. Glad to have this behind us, and I look forward to wasting more money at Amazon. :lol:

tsk tsk... hoarding games is almost never a waste of money. ;)

#1713 msu89dawgs

msu89dawgs

Are you threatening me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

tsk tsk... hoarding games is almost never a waste of money. ;)

Correct, I know I will have plenty of games to play until I'm about 135...

iconbluraypng.png - 395
DVD - 157

#1714 renhoelder

renhoelder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

Thank you Tony, you really are offering an unprecedented level of customer service/support, I don't think that any big or small site has this level of dedication for getting the best deals out there and matching sales on other sites.

#1715 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

Correct, I know I will have plenty of games to play until I'm about 135...

Pass them along in your will. Do it for the kids!

#1716 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

Thank you Tony, you really are offering an unprecedented level of customer service/support, I don't think that any big or small site has this level of dedication for getting the best deals out there and matching sales on other sites.

Word. Imagine if Steam made half the effort Amazon has instead of sitting on their presumed monopoly position (which is slipping away) and shunning customer service as irrelevant. Maybe we can get some coal in their next promotion and craft it into a 10% off coupon for Half-Life 1. Pffft.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#1717 justasplanned

justasplanned

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

King's bounty Platinum
Penumbra Collection
Cryostasis
and Pick a Men of War game

There you go, even number of games
Have at it

#1718 AgentW

AgentW

Ate a sandwich.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

or Death to spies.

#1719 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Also,

I'm going through and matching the Steam deals right now. Note to those looking at Serious Sam, we have these titles slotted for a Deal of the Week in May, and the prices will be better than these.

Just letting you know.

Cheers,
Tony

Even Serious Sam 3: BFE [which is now $13.60 on Steam]...?
You're gonna top THAT [in May]?

#1720 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

Even Serious Sam 3: BFE [which is now $13.60 on Steam]...?
You're gonna top THAT [in May]?

Should be easy for Tony to do; a couple weeks back Amazon had Serious Sam 3:BFE @ $12 during the same sale Darkness II was $12.50.

Keep up the good work Tony :applause:

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#1721 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

Should be easy for Tony to do; a couple weeks back Amazon had Serious Sam 3:BFE @ $12 during the same sale Darkness II was $12.50.

Keep up the good work Tony :applause:

I guess the next question then is...
Is Tony going to top his own $12 price-tag from a bit ago for Serious Sam: BFE? :P

#1722 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

I guess the next question then is...
Is Tony going to top his own $12 price-tag from a bit ago for Serious Sam: BFE? :P

Exactly what I was thinking. $10 or less please ;)

#1723 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

Who's excited about $29.99 Mass Effect 3 tonight ~midnight?

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1724 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Okay I may even have to bite on that even though I'm not thrilled about the Origin part. :-P

#1725 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

Cheers,
Tony

:bow:

#1726 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

Okay I may even have to bite on that even though I'm not thrilled about the Origin part. :-P

:bow:

This one kind of fell on my plate because I took the day off on Friday. Anyone who wants to share the love and tell all your friends will earn eternal gratitude from myself and the hamsters :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1727 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Nice! Not just PC but all platforms?

#1728 Shrowd

Shrowd

Gaming Dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

Cheers,
Tony

before setting my alarm for midnight, how long will this sale last?:pray::pray:

#1729 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

ME3 for $30 is a good deal.

@Tony: any word on the full list of which of the 1C games register on Steam?

#1730 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

Nice! Not just PC but all platforms?

Yep, all platforms!

before setting my alarm for midnight, how long will this sale last?:pray::pray:

24 hours, just tomorrow, no worries we have lots of keys :)

I'm still waiting to hear back on this...dont have the list yet though I'm sorry.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1731 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

Cheers,
Tony

REALLY?!??!?
On Amazon DVG?
Or Retail Box?
Both?

EDIT:
Nevermind, saw it in the other Amazon CAG thread, referring to NeoGAF link.
Looks like ME3 for every platform - PC Retail Box, PC download, PS3, X360 = $30 each.

Edited by MysterD, 24 April 2012 - 12:58 AM.

#1732 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:44 AM

I'm still waiting to hear back on this...dont have the list yet though I'm sorry.

Cheers,
Tony

Cool, thanks for the quick reply.

I have a great idea: just send me one key for evert game in the 1C sale and I will test them in Steam for you. Would probably only take 5 minutes of your time, and I can turn my part around in like 30 minutes.

Eh? EH? ;)

#1733 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:54 AM

There was a lot of talk about this when Gamersgate had their complete 1C pack on sale and the general consensus from people who bought the pack there was that almost none of them did. I think it was basically Men of War Assault Squad and Men of War Vietnam (which is currently unavailable on Amazon DD; not sure what is up with that) and that was it.

I'll let Tony give the official word on it but I would not get your hopes up for very many of them to Steam activate I'm afraid.

#1734 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:55 AM

Hey Tony, is there any reason that people outside of the US can't buy DD games from Amazon? I just saw this post in the Gamersgate thread and I though to myself "man, that's a shame". Perhaps I could understand it if he lived in Russia or china, but he lives in Canada.

I'm sure that this has been asked before, and I'm sorry to make you answer it again, but it's a long thread (even longer if you count the first Amazon dvg thread) and I'm just not up to searching though it for the answer.

I guess this got missed, so I'm quoting it to see if I can get a response from Tony. I got a few responses from fellow CAGs, and they seemed plausible, but I'd like to hear what Tony says.

#1735 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

@Tony

In regards to the gamestop sale price match I noticed that Crusader Kings II, and most of its dlc has been marked down but two of them haven't. The Ruler Creator and the Albion music pack are still at full price. Is the mark down in the works for them or will they not be receiving one? Just curious before I buy the other music packs, thanks.

Edit: nvm in the time since I posted this the ruler creator DLC got marked down, so I assume the Albion music pack is soon to follow.

#1736 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

This one kind of fell on my plate because I took the day off on Friday. Anyone who wants to share the love and tell all your friends will earn eternal gratitude from myself and the hamsters :).

Cheers,
Tony

Word spread... =)

#1737 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

Still waiting on a better deal than 33% on Alan Wake....I know Amazon has been matching...I've been holding off buying it..waiting on Amazon to beat it!

#1738 equalsP

equalsP

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Wow, so glad I saw this. I was finally going to bite and get it for $47 on Gamersgate. I know where I'll be tonight ...

I was thinking about picking up a Man of War and a UFO game, anyone played the UFO series? Worth it? I really want a good turn-based squad game. They look kind of dated so I'm hesitant. Feel free to recommend me something that isn't in the sale (I really like Frozen Synapse, but don't think I'll find anything like that one - turn based, but everyone plays the turns together kind of thing).

#1739 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:55 AM

REALLY?!??!?
On Amazon DVG?
Or Retail Box?
Both?

EDIT:
Nevermind, saw it in the other Amazon CAG thread, referring to NeoGAF link.
Looks like ME3 for every platform - PC Retail Box, PC download, PS3, X360 = $30 each.

Yep all 3 platforms :)

Cool, thanks for the quick reply.

I have a great idea: just send me one key for evert game in the 1C sale and I will test them in Steam for you. Would probably only take 5 minutes of your time, and I can turn my part around in like 30 minutes.

Eh? EH? ;)

I feel like this might not fly with my up and ups :)

There was a lot of talk about this when Gamersgate had their complete 1C pack on sale and the general consensus from people who bought the pack there was that almost none of them did. I think it was basically Men of War Assault Squad and Men of War Vietnam (which is currently unavailable on Amazon DD; not sure what is up with that) and that was it.

I'll let Tony give the official word on it but I would not get your hopes up for very many of them to Steam activate I'm afraid.

Yeah, I know not many of them do, which is why I'm waiting for the official word from 1C or my OPS crew as to what does.

I guess this got missed, so I'm quoting it to see if I can get a response from Tony. I got a few responses from fellow CAGs, and they seemed plausible, but I'd like to hear what Tony says.

Motoki makes some really good points below. The reason I don't comment on the international stuff is because it is really complicated and I don't fully understand the legal implications/reasoning beyond "based on the way Amazon is set up as a business we are region-bound".

Yeah the whole international thing is really complicated. I think people also need to realize that Amazon is setup differently than Steam or Gamersgate and that the Amazon stores in various countries really are like wholly separate divisions. I think what ultimately needs to happen is not for Amazon US to sell to other countries but rather for Amazon UK and Amazon Germany etc to get their own digital downloads stores going if they feel there is enough of a demand for that in those countries. I would assume it's something they have and will continue to look into and that when they feel it's worth it and they have the infrastructure for such a thing they'll do it.

I know a lot of people get really upset over this issue and feel personally offended like their country is intentionally being excluded, but there are different laws and regulations about who can publish and sell what in each individual country. Just because you have internet access doesn't necessarily mean that any store in the world is setup to sell all their items, virtual or otherwise, to you. Even in the cases where digital download stores do sell to multiple countries then people frequently get angry over price differences and why games in country X cost more than country Y.

I don't presume to have all the answers but I know the whole thing is really complicated and I don't think it's as simple as some store not wanting to sell to a particular country or intentionally wanted to charge them more etc.

Thanks for the rational thought behind this :).

Wow, so glad I saw this. I was finally going to bite and get it for $47 on Gamersgate. I know where I'll be tonight ...

I was thinking about picking up a Man of War and a UFO game, anyone played the UFO series? Worth it? I really want a good turn-based squad game. They look kind of dated so I'm hesitant. Feel free to recommend me something that isn't in the sale (I really like Frozen Synapse, but don't think I'll find anything like that one - turn based, but everyone plays the turns together kind of thing).

:) Glad you're psyched about the ME3 deal. Not sure about your best bet for turn based squad action.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1740 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:06 AM

WH40K: Space Marine = $10.19 on Steam today.
Since you Amazon guys like topping prices [i.e. ME3 planned for $30; Serious Sam in May deals], can we expect you to top this Space Marine deal in May, too? :P