Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10290 replies to this topic

#1891 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

Wow, awesome news about the DRM free push, thanks! I was going to get Kings Bounty but stopped after the DRM- I'm not going to risk it until it is for sure DRM free.

Are there any good coop games here that are DRM free? Dawn of Magic 2 looks cool but not sure it has a coop. Even something like League of Legends vs AI mode would be cool. I'm having trouble finding 2 things that I want that are DRM free since I already bought Penumbra years ago for $2.50 from Amazon.

#1892 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

Good news CAG. 1C is going to be providing us with DRM free builds for many of these games. I don't have a solid timeline yet or a full list of games, but it looks like a good number of them. We'll replace the builds for those who already purchased with the DRM free ones as we get them in.

As soon as I have a full list I will let you know.

You won't see the list before tomorrow, but I've secured a slot to do another promotion with 1C after we make the catalog changes :).

Cheers,
Tony

Tony, thanks for the quick responses. I'll hold off on King's Bounty until the next 1C promotion -- I want my money to reinforce the idea that DRM has no place in a "long-tail" market. :D

#1893 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

OMG @ me winning both Ryder White and Bloodbath DLC's from Techland's Twitter contest for Dead Island...

Anyways, been looking to buy Dawn of Magic 2....but need a 2nd game for the BOGO
As many probably know, I'm a big RPG and shooter fan...

Any other recommendations for another 1C game to buy?

Here's some 1C games I already own, so DO NOT suggest these:
Cryostasis [Steam];
ALL the King's Bounty games [Steam];
Penumbra Collection [Steam];
Necrovision [DVD Disc] + Lost Company [GMG];
A Farewell To Dragons [Direct2Drive...now GameFly]; and
Alien Shooter: Vengeance [Steam].

What 1C games I'm curious about:
UFO Trilogy games - anybody bought them? How are they?

Edited by MysterD, 28 April 2012 - 12:16 AM.

#1894 valenor the bored

valenor the bored

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

Does Crysis have any DRM?

#1895 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

Does Crysis have any DRM?

Crysis 1 on Gamersgate and GameStop PC App are listed as using [some form of] Securom.
I'd guess Amazon DVG's version probably floats in the same boat.
Can anyone confirm or deny if Crysis 1 download from Amazon DVG uses Securom?

I bought Crysis 1 + Warhead from Retail - they use Securom.
Crysis 1 Retail used a simple Securom disc check; that's why I'm not sure what Crysis 1 from digital downloads have for details of what that version of Securom uses.
Can anyone help us out w/ details there?
Crysis: Warhead from Retail & Digital uses Securom w/ required online activation; 5 installs for an install limit and allowed revokes/deauths.

EDIT:
If you're looking for what EA games have revoke tools and/or their DRM details, look here for some of them.

#1896 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

Crysis 1 has an activation limit and doesn't have a revoke tool. Warhead does have a revoke tool. Not sure if there's any way to revoke an activation for Crysis 1. The activation process is 100% silent so you won't even notice it until you run out of activations.

#1897 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

Crysis 1 has an activation limit and doesn't have a revoke tool. Warhead does have a revoke tool. Not sure if there's any way to revoke an activation for Crysis 1. The activation process is 100% silent so you won't even notice it until you run out of activations.

That sucks; never knew you couldn't revoke activations with Crysis. Good thing Amazon gives you more activation KEYs at no cost! TY Amazon :applause:

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#1898 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

That sucks; never knew you couldn't revoke activations with Crysis.

Oooh, that does bite...

Good thing Amazon gives you more activation KEYs at no cost! TY Amazon :applause:

+1 for Amazon DVG!

#1899 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:06 AM

That sucks; never knew you couldn't revoke activations with Crysis. Good thing Amazon gives you more activation KEYs at no cost! TY Amazon :applause:

Yeah, that form of DRM is the most annoying to me (limitied activations and no way to revoke them). Amazon is probably the best place to buy Crysis 1 from, never have to worry about getting a new key.

#1900 Hop25

Hop25

The Repo Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:06 AM

Doesn't Amazon give you another key if you hit the activation limit?

EDIT: I'm slow >.>

#1901 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

How do you get a new key from Amazon, customer service?

#1902 Splines

Splines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:28 AM

I'm in Washington with no alternate so yeah I am pretty much stuck with about %10 sales tax on DD from Amazon, Valve, Microsoft, EA etc etc. The only way I ever can get around it is buying international or buying boxed from somewhere like Newegg.

I need to move somewhere without so many tech companies. :-P

High-five (+ sales tax) fellow Washingtonian!

It sucks see all steam/amazon prices and needing to add sales tax to them.

#1903 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

It works fine. Just make sure you can play it, lol. Anyways, I ran into a bug where the game would crash during the final stage. Finally had to switch to the 32bit version to finish the game. I'll get around to playing Crysis Warhead in a while. Playing too many other games now.

There isn't a demo for Crysis is there? The can you run it site says my pc passes the minimum but doesn't meet the recommended due to my cpu. Most of the time I find that when my pc meets the minimum it's not even playable.

Recommended: Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz/Athlon X2 4400+ or better
You Have: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz

I don't get it. Isn't Core 2 Duo and Dual-Core the same thing? Mind you I am pc stupid lol.

Edited by kidrocklive, 28 April 2012 - 05:49 AM.

#1904 thegreatest

thegreatest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:01 AM

There isn't a demo for Crysis is there? The can you run it site says my pc passes the minimum but doesn't meet the recommended due to my cpu. Most of the time I find that when my pc meets the minimum it's not even playable.

I don't get it. Isn't Core 2 Duo and Dual-Core the same thing? Mind you I am pc stupid lol.

You CPU is very old. Here is a ranking of Intel processors.

http://www.intel.com...?select=desktop

You are going to want to get into the i series to play newer games. The i5 2500k is probably the best for gaming.

#1905 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:45 AM

The following is my opinion:

Just got to remember, minimum specifications = minimum satisfied experience; meaning everything put on lowest graphics settings.
Recommended settings = average settings for a recommended experience; but in my opinion is NOT equivalent to the specifications needed to max the graphics settings.

Core-2-Duo is a specific branding name given to a specific class of CPUs [they can be dual or quad core - yes I know they have Core-2-Quad]. Yes, you do have a "Dual-core-Pentium" Intel CPU, but you do not have a "Core-2-Duo" brand Intel CPU [Pentium is a very low tier CPU, Celeron = lowest, then Pentium; desktop wise [yes I know there's also Intel Atom CPUs]].

For Crysis, you need a strong GPU. Any modern dedicated GPU [last 2-3 years] should be able to play Crysis at least on the lowest settings.

Again, the above is my opinion
Good luck

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#1906 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

How do you get a new key from Amazon, customer service?

You should just be able to start up a chat session or send an email and let them know you've run out of activations. They should re-issue a new key at that point.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1907 deletion

deletion

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

You should just be able to start up a chat session or send an email and let them know you've run out of activations. They should re-issue a new key at that point.

Cheers,
Tony

damn didn't know that. you guys are great!!!
-----
Hey CAGs, Swagbucks is your friend!
I get at least 5 Bucks in Amazon giftcards a week.
Doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Posted Image

#1908 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

@TONY
Today's the last day for the 1C BOGO, right?

#1909 The Nephilim

The Nephilim

The Troll King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Amazon's twitter says so Myster. So I'll have to take a last look at the offerings.

#1910 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

@TONY
Today's the last day for the 1C BOGO, right?

Sure is buddy, we'll have another 1C sale again once I have all the DRM free builds ready but I'm not sure when that will be as it takes some time for us to get back catalog ingested, tested and ready for sale.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1911 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

Sure is buddy, we'll have another 1C sale again once I have all the DRM free builds ready but I'm not sure when that will be as it takes some time for us to get back catalog ingested, tested and ready for sale.

Cheers,
Tony

Any idea if the next 1C Catalog Sale will possibly be another BOGO sale like this one?
I can't really seem to find a 2nd title I want here right now...

#1912 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

The following is my opinion:

For Crysis, you need a strong GPU. Any modern dedicated GPU [last 2-3 years] should be able to play Crysis at least on the lowest settings.

Again, the above is my opinion
Good luck

Thanks for your help and input. I just bought a new graphics card (Radeon HD6670). Box says it came out in 2010. I plan to build my next pc with a buddy and get much better equipment then. I got this card to plan some more stuff on pc until then. I got a lot to learn haha.

#1913 GamingKnight

GamingKnight

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

I thought I would mention in here that Texas will start paying sales tax on Amazon purchases starting July 1st.

Well...Fuck. I'll have to see by how much and adjust my spending accordingly. :/

Btw, is this wikipedia article about Alien Shooter accurate in that we can copy the speech folder from the Amazon download and pop it into Steam's Alien Shooter 2 Reloaded to add voice overs?

fs_overall.png

I'll down the game that gets in my way with one fingertip! ATATATATA!!

#1914 RepedeGoesWoof

RepedeGoesWoof

Woof Woof Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

Will have to pick up the Walking Dead after playing the demo!

666277.png

#1915 AgentW

AgentW

Ate a sandwich.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

looking over the OP and a couple pages, I didn't see this anywhere.

Heroes of Might and Magic IV - $18.69 - Deluxe edition

and standard is $17

which isn't half bad.

#1916 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

@Tony: If someone bought games that DO have DRM during this sale, will they be able to redownload the same games DRM free once that is updated?

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1917 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

This is probably worth noting...

Some of the games on this 1C Sale, their Demos can be found on the Official 1C website...
...such as the UFO games; King's Bounty games; Fantasy Wars; Death to Spies; etc.

So, umm...yeah... :)

You can always test the demo out and see if you want the full game...

Edited by MysterD, 28 April 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#1918 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

@Tony: If someone bought games that DO have DRM during this sale, will they be able to redownload the same games DRM free once that is updated?

Yep :). I'm not 100% sure though which titles are going DRM free, based on my last email exchange I THINK everything except:

[FONT="]RnR, and MoW AS will be DRM free...but I want to wait until I have confirmation on this to put together our next sale.

Cheers,
Tony
[/FONT]
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1919 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!