Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10290 replies to this topic

#1951 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

Just bit for DE:HR Aug Ed. I do not need all that extra stuff digitally, but I bought it anyway. Now I hope the DLC goes on sale eventually. Having a PC is going to be a worse buying addiction than all my consoles, and I can't sell the games to fund new ones :wall:. I admit they are a great price, but I'm buying games I already own, lol.

If I had this PC when these came out, I would have bought them already. With such a backlog, I am hoping I can whittle it down nvest all my time in PC gaming. It's hard not to buy games close to release, but I'm supposed to pass up DSIII? I wasn't even interested in that game, but for $5!?! OMG, I am gonna have this 1tb hdd filled so quick (before I even start gaming on my PC in full swing). What have I done?????????

#1952 bizarrorollins

bizarrorollins

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

I have read plenty of complaints about DS3 as being nothing more than a poor console port... But for $5, I am seriously considering taking a chance on the game-- especially since it has steamchievements/cloud support. Anyone recommend for or against it?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1953 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

I have read plenty of complaints about DS3 as being nothing more than a poor console port...

Okay maybe I am cynical, but isn't pretty much every AAA game for the PC these days?

Anyway, a fair bit of that sort of annoyance it mitigated if you are willing to use a controller.

It's not an amazing game but for $5 it's okay enough for what it is, a mindless diversion for a while.

In that sort of genre I think Torchlight, and even the previous DS games if you can stomach the old visuals, are better honestly. I wouldn't (and didn't) pay full price for it but if you can't wait for Torchlight 2 and want something to play now it's worth a fiver at least imo.

#1954 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

You can definitely expect another sale once the DRM free stuff comes through. I'm not sure when that will happen though as there are a ton of variables (how long it takes us to actually get new builds from 1C, how long it takes us to QA and put those on sale, where the sale will fall in our promo calendar, etc).

As for the structure, I need to run the analysis and see how this BOGO did before I can comment there :).

Cheers,
Tony

Tony, It was very hard for me to pull the trigger on the games knowing I'd just missed a much cheaper sale over at gamers gate; not sure how many others felt the same but if I know I could've had something much cheaper, I just can't get past that mental block. As silly as it may sound.
I realize you guys didn't know about the sale (I seldom check other sites - I may from now on however usually if it's not on Amazon digital, I'm not interested), Just some feedback.
looking forward to the May sale. thanks again!

#1955 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

Okay maybe I am cynical, but isn't pretty much every AAA game for the PC these days?

Anyway, a fair bit of that sort of annoyance it mitigated if you are willing to use a controller.

It's not an amazing game but for $5 it's okay enough for what it is, a mindless diversion for a while.

In that sort of genre I think Torchlight, and even the previous DS games if you can stomach the old visuals, are better honestly. I wouldn't (and didn't) pay full price for it but if you can't wait for Torchlight 2 and want something to play now it's worth a fiver at least imo.

I agree w/ all of this.

Torchlight; Diablo series; Titan Quest + Immortal Throne; and Sacred series are some of the best of the ARPG genre.

Edited by MysterD, 29 April 2012 - 06:50 PM.

#1956 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition.. why only the MAC version available? What happened to the PC? :(

#1957 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

Hmmm....

No chance of getting the same discount on The Missing Link DLC for Human Revolution?

#1958 ev768

ev768

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

Hmmm....

No chance of getting the same discount on The Missing Link DLC for Human Revolution?

PM sent.

#1959 The Nephilim

The Nephilim

The Troll King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

I have read plenty of complaints about DS3 as being nothing more than a poor console port... But for $5, I am seriously considering taking a chance on the game-- especially since it has steamchievements/cloud support. Anyone recommend for or against it?

DS3 is a lot of fun. I played it with my 360 pad and it felt like a Champions of Norrath type game. I played through the dlc too which was a few extra hours of dungeon crawling.

#1960 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Hmmm....

I will buy this at a good discount :D!

#1961 bizarrorollins

bizarrorollins

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

I agree w/ all of this.

Torchlight; Diablo series; Titan Quest + Immortal Throne; Sacred series; and Sacred series are some of the best of the ARPG genre.

I love all of the games that you mentioned, which is why I'm worried that I won't really enjoy DS3. The idea of having to use a controller to fully enjoy the game doesn't sound... well, enjoyable.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1962 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

I love all of the games that you mentioned, which is why I'm worried that I won't really enjoy DS3. The idea of having to use a controller to fully enjoy the game doesn't sound... well, enjoyable.

DS3 is like those games, but is NOT like those games.
DS3 is loot-crazy like those games, but it plays best w/ a X360 gamepad.

Actually, DS3 has the best story in the DS series...if that's even really saying anything here.
It's nothing special, mind you...

I still like DS2: Broken World [expansion] the best of the DS games...

#1963 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

How severe is DS3 on graphical compatibility?

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1964 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

DS3 is like those games, but is NOT like those games.
DS3 is loot-crazy like those games, but it plays best w/ a X360 gamepad.

Actually, DS3 has the best story in the DS series...if that's even really saying anything here.
It's nothing special, mind you...

I still like DS2: Broken World [expansion] the best of the DS games...

Yeah, no one should play DS3 for the story.. it's terrible even if it's better than the other DS games. The gameplay is alright though, good enough for $5 especially if you've got a friend to play co-op with. Do NOT buy it if you only intend to play multiplayer with randoms, the multiplayer sucks for that.

#1965 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

You don't have to use a controller. Trust me, I loathe using controllers and would never do so for an ARPG and while the M+K controls on DS3 (along with the UI and camera) leave a lot to be desired it is still workable and worth $5. The game is nothing exceptional but good for the price.

#1966 Zenphic

Zenphic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

Amazing price on Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition!

#1967 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition.. why only the MAC version available? What happened to the PC? :(

I just noticed the Ultimate Edition. Besides the fact that it's only available on Mac, does anybody know what the difference is between the Standard/Augmented editions and the Ultimate edition? I checked the page for details, but I didn't see anything.

#1968 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

I just noticed the Ultimate Edition. Besides the fact that it's only available on Mac, does anybody know what the difference is between the Standard/Augmented editions and the Ultimate edition? I checked the page for details, but I didn't see anything.

Square Enix has announced that Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ultimate Edition for Mac is now available for those living in the US for $49.99 a pop. Yes, this goes to show that the Mac is not exactly the platform you would want to stick to if computer gaming is your preferred choice when it comes to video games, as the PC is a whole lot superior in this aspect. Still, Mac owners who find themselves enthralled with the world of Deus Ex will definitely be interested in this Ultimate Edition of Human Revolution.

The entire shebang will include the acclaimed Deus Ex: Human Revolution – The Missing Link DLC (downloadable content), the Explosive Mission and Tactical Enhancement packs, a 40-page book of concept art and a bonus disc that will let you catch up on a 44-minute “Making of” documentary, check out a motion comic, an animated storyboard to tease you, a CGI trailer as well as the game’s soundtrack which was composed by Michael McCann.

http://www.ubergizmo...dition-for-mac/

Looks like Ultimate includes:
Deus Ex:HR - Augmented Edition
+
Missing Link DLC + Explosive DLC + Tactical DLC

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#1969 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

I see. Well I figured that it was probably something like that.

Thanks for providing the answer, UW_Shocks.

#1970 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:52 AM

Sorry the sale isn't for you this week, hopefully next week's is.

For clarity, we currently have 315 "things" on sale for less than $5. Like Steam's list of 661 "things" this includes DLC and free to play starter packs.

Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.co...e=4.99&x=7&y=11

Also interesting that you reference quality of game (Dungeon Siege III getting low marks in your book). If you scroll through those 661 games you're referencing I see a number of games with 50 and below metacritic scores.

Sorry this week isn't for you, hopefully as we continue to add selection and run different sales you come across something you like.

Cheers,
Tony

DS3 PC got slammed by many reviewers b/c the game itself is really nothing special; story isn't anything special; controls and gameplay are indeed different than DS1+2; and b/c the KB/mouse controls sucked out-the-box.
[Remember, reviewers normally review Version 1.0]

Even though they did fix the KB/mouse controls in a later patch [yay!!!!], I think the game STILL plays better w/ a X360 pad.

IMHO, DS3 is a decent game and easily worth $5, though there are much better games out there on the market...

Edited by shrike4242, 30 April 2012 - 06:38 PM.

#1971 Caine

Caine

That's my cocaine.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:52 AM

Awesome deal on DS3. Thank you for bringing us these deals Tony. :applause:

fs_pc.png

KaseiVallis.png

#1972 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

How severe is DS3 on graphical compatibility? Does your computer need to be pretty crazy?

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1973 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:01 AM

How severe is DS3 on graphical compatibility? Does your computer need to be pretty crazy?

http://www.systemreq...cyri/intro.aspx

CAGFL: (187-31)

#1974 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:23 AM

Hi Tony,
Thanks for sorting out the Madden 08 issue. Will buy in due course.
Have a query - will Fm2012 (Football Manager 2012) be up for sale anytime soon for <$10 like a while back?.

Oh and for those who go on about DS3 - one thing you forgot (even if its a crappy PC port) - the fact both DS1/2 were party rpg's and DS3 might as well have been a solo one (i still dont understand why they went that way) is one of the main differences and what put lot of people off DS3...
N.

#1975 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

There's a demo to try for both technical and gameplay evaluation. It should answer all your questions hopefully.

Edit: I have a question. Does Dungeon Siege 3 come with the DLC included or will I have to pay more than $5 to get all the content? Thanks.

Edited by 60fps, 30 April 2012 - 08:31 AM.

#1976 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

There's a demo to try for both technical and gameplay evaluation. It should answer all your questions hopefully.

Edit: I have a question. Does Dungeon Siege 3 come with the DLC included or will I have to pay more than $5 to get all the content? Thanks.

It doesn't come with the DLC included.

#1977 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

#1978 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

Hi Tony,
Thanks for sorting out the Madden 08 issue. Will buy in due course.
Have a query - will Fm2012 (Football Manager 2012) be up for sale anytime soon for <$10 like a while back?.

Oh and for those who go on about DS3 - one thing you forgot (even if its a crappy PC port) - the fact both DS1/2 were party rpg's and DS3 might as well have been a solo one (i still dont understand why they went that way) is one of the main differences and what put lot of people off DS3...
N.

Yep, Sega will have some pretty sweet participation in the May Sale. Stay tuned :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1979 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

Yep, Sega will have some pretty sweet participation in the May Sale. Stay tuned :).

I'm glad May begins tomorrow. Will this be a month-long sale or just "sometime in May"?

You've definitely teased some good stuff. :)

#1980 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

Cheers,
Tony

I hope you can get Sonic Adventure DX in there this time. You weren't able to during the Sega sale.